Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Day shift lets Go! Brisket breakfast tacos, don’t mind if I do...and yes, you need eggs in breakfast tacos

I'll eat straight meat for breakfast if I damn well please . This is America. 

Edited by Eggo

Listen, I’m just amusing myself the same as everyone else, although I do think there are people here who are legit going to meltdown when the only movement we see today is the shit running down the legs of people in this thread. 

Probably, but that'll be entertaining and I'll be 3 bloody marys deep.

Yes, I’m sure Urban would appreciate Shelly coming out and saying the answer was no when he hasn’t publicly stated it and if it was no.
Well what is he waiting for? And honestly, why would he care? If they have decided to stay in Ohio, wouldn't he say that? And why would he care if his wife tells people where they are going to live?

6 minutes ago, troph said:

You won’t find that but Tom hicks did an interview and walked through it all. He wanted the job, Mack killed it.  

Or where Saban has publicly said that Texas offered him or was interested in him for a job?

the fact is that people get offered jobs everyday and never say anything about getting an offer or turning one down. 

Edited by EuroHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Mikey4 said:
3 minutes ago, Pancho said:
The punctuation goes inside the quotation marks.
giphy.gif

Lol, here I am getting lectured about punctuation. This is beautiful.

To be fair, punctuation talk is next on the list of random shit this thread will talk about next since there’s no news

• Hook 'Em 1

We Fucked up getting saban and if we can't land Urban and end up with plan c then we just need to accept the "we are Texas" shit isn't as real as we think it is. 

If we are then CDC should be able to slap His Texas sized dick on the table and urban says yes. We will see soon enough. I know there will be some still in denial that even if Urban says no we still are big dogs but we won't be if we can't pull this off and end up with another "cross your fingers and hope he gets even better at Texas" Coach.

Shelly tweeting Haha when asked about moving to Austin, Oh man that was so obvious.
Haha means Housing Austin? Hella Awesome! 
i slept for the first time in 6 days after reading her tweet
Are you being intentionally dense? I'm not playing on the fucking "jump to conclusions" mat. If the answer were "no," neither she nor UM would have a reason to let these rumors keep swirling.

17 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I mean I think the flight tracking and curtain matching and emotional swings from one hour to the next are as ridiculous as you and Sydney do, but it's harmless and they're having fun. I don't see why you and Sydney are bothered by it. Live and let live and all that. Maybe y'all should have a drink.

Speaking of curtains... Nicole, if you post nudes, makes sure there are no curtains in the picture unless you want creepy Surly dudes in your yard within the hour.

• Haha 2

We Fucked up getting saban and if we can't land Urban and end up with plan c then we just need to accept the "we are Texas" shit isn't as real as we think it is. 
If we are then CDC should be able to slap His Texas sized dick on the table and urban says yes. We will see soon enough. I know there will be some still in denial that even if Urban says no we still are big dogs but we won't be if we can't pull this off and end up with another "cross your fingers and hope he gets even better at Texas" Coach.
There are like 5 schools in the country that Urban would even pick up the phone for. No matter what happens, we're still fucking Texas.
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, troph said:

Silence plus virtually no plan B activity. Silence from urban with Plan B chatter/interviews and discussion is obviously a no. 

I've been thinking about that. Could it be that a lot of what we've heard so far is people testing for leaks? Guaging public perception maybe? Because I think Texas will not officially announce any plans for a new coach until they publicly decide they are done with Tom Herman.

4 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Or where Saban has publicly said that Texas offered him a job?

the fact is that people get offered jobs everyday and never say anything about getting an offer or turning one down. 

Correct.  It is not to saban or anyone’s benefit to say he turned us down.  

but urban isn’t coaching at a competing school.   It would be very easy to say “I’m loving this announcing gig and want to do this for awhile”.  

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

Then why does Shelley tweat "lol" or "haha" any time someone asks her about Texas or Austin? If UM had conclusively turned down the offer, wouldn't she say "Please stop with these tweets, we are happy in Ohio and will not be moving to Austin"? That would be a simple thing to do, yet she continues to be evasive/cryptic.

I think those tweets rule out the possibility that he has already conclusively said no. Something is still happening. Perhaps they are still negotiating, perhaps they have a deal, or perhaps he's going to say no on Tuesday as Barton claims. Who knows. But he hasn't said no yet.

sigmund-freud1.jpg

"Das ist un interesting theory!"

This thread continues to deliver.  Gastronomy, history, finances, aeronautics, and psychology.

I just don’t see the purpose of waiting until after Kansas to make a decision. That game wasn’t even supposed to be played at that time, they are winless, it is the most meaningless game I could remember. There is literally nothing to play it for except tv money. If that game has to be apart of the evaluation then that is a testament to CDC. I think the evaluation has had plenty of time to happen. 

Klatt said it best yesterday, if you’re going to do something then don’t wait and do it, just do it sooner rather than later essentially. It’s unfair to other coaches on the staff, the players, and recruits especially with early signing day to let this dangle.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I've been thinking about that. Could it be that a lot of what we've heard so far is people testing for leaks? Guaging public perception maybe? Because I think Texas will not officially announce any plans for a new coach until they publicly decide they are done with Tom Herman.

I think right now we have essentially silence. I think he’s in the bag. We get any indication of interviews and planes going here and there for plan B then I think urbs is a no. 

40 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Apologies, I’ve been traveling this weekend.

A close and well connected friend texted me that it’s done. He said 8 years for 80 million which blows my mind because that seems too good to be true, but he is assuredly just sharing what he has heard. I haven’t heard from my text thread again but I don’t think I will until the news hits the media. 

Confidence level remains HIGH.

My coffee just tasted better......

30 minutes ago, troph said:

He’s in the bag.  This weekend makes the most sense because of ESD and KU is likely not being played.

I’m too lazy to search the internet myself, but why all the talk of the KU game being cancelled? I’d like nothing more than to end this shitty season and move on to the next coach, be it Urban Meyer or someone else, but are the COVID numbers on either the Texas team and/or Kansas team looking like they’re trending up?

Edited by South Austin
grammer

43 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Apologies, I’ve been traveling this weekend.

A close and well connected friend texted me that it’s done. He said 8 years for 80 million which blows my mind because that seems too good to be true, but he is assuredly just sharing what he has heard. I haven’t heard from my text thread again but I don’t think I will until the news hits the media. 

Confidence level remains HIGH.

Why don’t you just have your boys send him this

image.jpeg.f95bc348c35a8a37ce2a0466b403eebe.jpeg

12 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
13 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

There are like 5 schools in the country that Urban would even pick up the phone for. No matter what happens, we're still fucking Texas.

So If we strike out on Urban and end up with another plan B or C guy after a decade has gone by We still are TEXAS.. Get your head out of the sand man. You think Bama will strike out replacing Saban or do you think they will go get the first guy they want? we just went through two guys that were hot names at the time and now have a chance to flex our muscles and get him so lets do that.

7 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

Those Olajuwon teams were really good. 

But don’t fucking kid yourself. Literally zero people outside of Houston agree with you.

Fuck all that.  Rockets beat 4 50 win teams including the Orlando Magic who, wait for it.....beat MJ who was in the playoffs that year.  MJ couldn't even make it to the finals that season, a season in which he played from the midway on.  Bulls couldn't match up against a team with a dominant big.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, babysdaddy said:

What was that about? I watched the video of it but did not understand the context

Host says ulcers in Columbus right coach? 

host about to talk about covid and Michigan and general on the field stuff 

urbs jumps out of his seat, what? What do you mean? 

host raises the on the field issues and urbs says “oh” and they discuss.

Urbs clearly thought the host was going to talk about something else causing ulcers, and that something else made him jump.  

theory is that something else was the Texas job. Urbs jumpiness points to secrecy which points to yes.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

Host says ulcers in Columbus right coach? 

host about to talk about covid and Michigan and general on the field stuff 

urbs jumps out of his seat, what? What do you mean? 

host raises the on the field issues and urbs says “oh” and they discuss.

Urbs clearly thought the host was going to talk about something else causing ulcers, and that something else made him jump.  

theory is that something else was the Texas job. Urbs jumpiness points to secrecy which points to yes.

Ya he is not the type to get jumpy EVER

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic