Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

One point to consider on the "full control" point.  (humblebrag alert)  I've spent a healthy amount of one on one time with Jay H, including sitting through a full Texas football game with him, and my impression of him is that he's not a control guy at all.  I don't think giving "control" to UM will be a concern with him, at least.  

So our family friend is somewhat high up at BoA and is a UT booster. Definitely not a fuck you money type of guy but he knows people. 

Says he’s hearing Urban’s offer is actually in the 4 year, 8-10 million per range. Doesn’t know if Urban has said yes/no. But the big thing is his source said Herman should be fired today, so if he doesn’t get fired today we’ll know it’s all BS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jebus said:

https://blog.apastyle.org/apastyle/2011/08/punctuating-around-quotation-marks.html

Punctuation mark

In relation to closing quotation mark, place it…

Example

Notes

Question mark or exclamation point (part of quoted material) Inside The Dream Questionnaire items included “How often do you remember your dreams?” and “What do you most often dream about?” We found intriguing results. When a quotation ending in a question mark or exclamation point ends a sentence, no extra period is needed.
Question mark or exclamation point (not part of quoted material) Outside How will this study impact participants who stated at the outset, “I never remember my dreams”? We hypothesized their dream recall would increase.  

Yessir. My fuckup. No big deal. Hire urban.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Going back to the doomsday cult comparison for ol’RapGameLarry - there’s a phenomenon that occurs when a guru misses their proclaimed date for the end of the world or the aliens taking them into outer space - some of the followers rightly get disillusioned and head back towards reality and deal with the ramifications of their prior behaviors, but a good chunk of the followers just accept the newly stated date for exit and push even harder that this one is for reals for reals the right date. 

Anyone posting a fucking thing about the twitter dipshits after today unless something actually happens today is part of their silly cult and should be ashamed. 

To be fair, CeddyB said Herman could be fired Monday morning.

Once we got past the matching of the curtains at HSB, the rest of this thread has been like a Qanon discussion.

DO YOUR RESEARCH.

TRUST THE PLAN.

As for me, I’ll make some brunch, get some shit done, get some work stuff ready for Monday.

Some of us have been through this drill multiple times, since the McWilliams days. It’ll be what it’ll be. But it’s clear....we’re not a good program. Not sure what it will take to become one.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chili dog said:

If he had said, “no,” the Fox crew would’ve done segments on Tom’s likelihood of being fired, like Game Day did. I watched both, and Fox definitely tip-toed around the subject. Game Day was all over it, because it’s clearly a huge story. Herbstreit basically said it would take an Urban Meyer-level coach to win at Texas. I think Herbstreit knows what’s coming. 

That's right and there would've been none of the awkward jokes and tension on the set all day. He definitely hasn't said no. It is either yes and he is hiding it (those guys didn't know) or its maybe if I can get certain things. 

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Ok, after getting ticked off yesterday after hearing some less than optimal information, today is a new today. There are so many sources here, we need a comprehensive betting sheet. Here is what I can recall we have:

Rapgamelarry - or whatever his name is. Dubious source, with some sort of connections, but good heroin for the Board.

The squid dude - see raplarry

Cedwhatever - see raplarry

Mr Orange - too few posts on Surly. Unless someone vouches for him, he's suspect.

Alphahorn - semi credible, but weird diversions into crypto raises eyebrows. I do know he has one thing wrong. He said it's been done for awhile. I know that isn't true.

RVC2005 - seems to have some real visibility. When he posts, I pay attention.

CTJ - i follow everything he posts closely, and he's freely admitted he doesn't know which way this is going.

me - I was firmly in the no camp Saturday because my source is impeccable, but since that time I have figured out Meyer has been reconsidering. I have no idea which way it goes.

Caddox - Someone said he's credible and that's what keeps me off the ledge.

Thamel - He posted some weird stuff implying both directions. Not sure what to think of his proclamations.

Kevin whatever - This one's interesting. Either he's got some legit intel or Urban is using him as a pawn in his chess match, like he did with others for tOSU job.

CTC2 - He's saying it's a no, and I don't know about his bonafides.

Futureman - Has already completely blown his credibility because he said there was never a chance Meyer would come here. The events of the last week prove Meyer is in play and that Texas wants him.

Who am I leaving off?

Also, the thought that Meyer is still mulling over an offer is laughable. The decision is made. It is NOT a foregone conclusion that it's yes, because Herman hasn't been fired, and he may not want to make a public statement on a job not open.

You left off injuryprone who said it was done and has verified connections in the program of some sort.

56 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Updated with other names and some odds:

Rapgamelarry - or whatever his name is. Dubious source, with some sort of connections, but good heroin for the Board. 10-1

The squid dude - see raplarry. 10-1

Cedwhatever - see raplarry. 20-1

Mr Orange - too few posts on Surly. Unless someone vouches for him, he's suspect. 3-1.

Alphahorn - semi credible, but weird diversions into crypto raises eyebrows. I do know he has one thing wrong. He said it's been done for awhile. I know that isn't true. 2-1.

RVC2005 - seems to have some real visibility. When he posts, I pay attention. 1-1.

CTJ - i follow everything he posts closely, and he's freely admitted he doesn't know which way this is going. 1-1.

me - I was firmly in the no camp Saturday because my source is impeccable, but since that time I have figured out Meyer has been reconsidering. I have no idea which way it goes. No line on the house.

Caddox - Someone said he's credible and that's what keeps me off the ledge. 1-2.

Thamel - He posted some weird stuff implying both directions. Not sure what to think of his proclamations. 1-1.

Kevin Burton - This one's interesting. Either he's got some legit intel or Urban is using him as a pawn in his chess match, like he did with others for tOSU job. 2-1.

CTC2 - He's saying it's a no, and I don't know about his bonafides. 4-1.

Futureman - Has already completely blown his credibility because he said there was never a chance Meyer would come here. The events of the last week prove Meyer is in play and that Texas wants him. 10,000-1

Staff list guy – the guy that posted possible Meyer staff, but also said he may not have said yes. 2-1.

Burton – pretty credible, says it’s still undecided. 1-2.

Horns99 – said Herman stays. Newer poster. 4-1.

You left InjuryProne off your list, which is probably a mistake 

A timeline of history. 

Ohio States final regular season game in 2011 was Nov 26. Urban Meyer met with team Nov 27 and introduced officially Nov 28. 

If said timeline is similar he won’t accept until after last game. If Kansas does get canceled that could alter a time line. 

I would prefer it to happen today/tomorrow. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

If nothing happens regarding Urban or Herman by 3pm CST today, I'm going to start drinking in the backyard. God only knows what happens next. I'm going to print out a copy of this thread, and I will keep it on my person, with clear instructions to the police to have all of you arrested. You're all going down with me. 

Look out for this guy, drinking at 3pm, wow.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

A timeline of history. 

Ohio States final regular season game in 2011 was Nov 26. Urban Meyer met with team Nov 27 and introduced officially Nov 28. 

If said timeline is similar he won’t accept until after last game. If Kansas does get canceled that could alter a time line. 

I would prefer it to happen today/tomorrow. 

Early Signing Day is 12/16. That'd give UM and staffers 3 days to work the phones.

Plausible

29 minutes ago, Jebus said:

It's crazy how so many BMD have friends on here and are willing to tell them exactly what's going on in the super secret negotiations, and that these BMDs all seem to be drawing wildly different conclusions from these meetings that they're all definitely directly involved in.  These meetings where all these decisions are being made must be crowded as hell.

Perhaps if what constitutes a BMD was clearly qualified there would be fewer “insiders” with any reliable information.

Edited by Wishbone

5 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Problem with most of those is they're netjets. They get rented out so following them I don't think matters much. They get rented out for a trip then someone else rents it someplace else. 

20 minutes ago, Helobious said:

So our family friend is somewhat high up at BoA and is a UT booster. Definitely not a fuck you money type of guy but he knows people. 

Says he’s hearing Urban’s offer is actually in the 4 year, 8-10 million per range. Doesn’t know if Urban has said yes/no. But the big thing is his source said Herman should be fired today, so if he doesn’t get fired today we’ll know it’s all BS.

There is zero fucking chance we get Urban with a 4year 8 million dollar offer. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DFW Horn said:

Early Signing Day is 12/16. That'd give UM and staffers 3 days to work the phones.

Plausible

if this happens, phones will call urban, and the prep work to know which phones to answer first will have already been done.   how many guys are we trying to bring back in to the class?  not names, just rough numbers. /sorry not up on recruiting other than the brocks and state top 20 = 1.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic