Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, THUJONE said:

Wrong- if he had, it would be public. And he would have said so. There is no reason for him to be a no and not say it. Game theory motherfucker.

If he had said, “no,” the Fox crew would’ve done segments on Tom’s likelihood of being fired, like Game Day did. I watched both, and Fox definitely tip-toed around the subject. Game Day was all over it, because it’s clearly a huge story. Herbstreit basically said it would take an Urban Meyer-level coach to win at Texas. I think Herbstreit knows what’s coming. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

He could certainly say that to his employer.  It doesn’t give him much benefit to say it publicly. 

Say it three times slowly and the magnifying lens might turn away. There is benefit to unequivocally denying the rumor. 

33 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

We Fucked up getting saban and if we can't land Urban and end up with plan c then we just need to accept the "we are Texas" shit isn't as real as we think it is. 

If we are then CDC should be able to slap His Texas sized dick on the table and urban says yes. We will see soon enough. I know there will be some still in denial that even if Urban says no we still are big dogs but we won't be if we can't pull this off and end up with another "cross your fingers and hope he gets even better at Texas" Coach.

This is a stupid take that is 100% based in delusions of grandeur, you are talking about the two greatest coaches in all of CFB who had cemented their legacies before Texas offered them a job. Urban turning us down doesn’t make us some scrub program, Urban is a top 5 all time coach in CFB and arguably top 3 he isn’t some washed up past his prime Jimbo or Mack who where kicked to the curb after shutting the bed and burning down the house. He left OSU while on top and is still beloved by the fans and school, him coming to Texas puts his legacy and current reputation at risk and that’s going to weigh heavily on his mind. Texas can do everything possible to support and compensate Meyer but nobody can grantee the kind of success that would cement him as the GOAT coach and make the burning of the bridges at OSU worth. Mindless screaming we’re Texas is pointless and does nothing but give fans a sense of bravado.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, EuroHorn said:

I said there is benefit. Just not much. 

But a lot less cost to stop the rumor.  The cost benefit points to stopping the rumor if it’s untrue so you can move on. Plus then the broadcast can cover the story.  

1 minute ago, troph said:

But a lot less cost to stop the rumor.  The cost benefit points to stopping the rumor if it’s untrue so you can move on. Plus then the broadcast can cover the story.  

Or they and others can cover the speculation which sometimes has more intrigue. Look at how long this thread has gone on nothing but speculation 

Edited by EuroHorn

1 hour ago, THUJONE said:

Wrong- if he had, it would be public. And he would have said so. There is no reason for him to be a no and not say it. Game theory motherfucker.

Probably mentioned in the preceding 3 pages, but there is 0.0% chance Urban let's that awkward charade play out on Fox yesterday if he had already given UT a firm no.  Maybe he hasn't given a yes, but there is no chance a final no was given before yesterday. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

If he had said, “no,” the Fox crew would’ve done segments on Tom’s likelihood of being fired, like Game Day did. I watched both, and Fox definitely tip-toed around the subject. Game Day was all over it, because it’s clearly a huge story. Herbstreit basically said it would take an Urban Meyer-level coach to win at Texas. I think Herbstreit knows what’s coming. 

I think Herbstreit is a bitch.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Orange&White said:

Then why are you here? 

Because I’m intrigued about the rumors and speculation.  I think there’s a possibility that Meyer becomes our coach. I think there’s a possibility he turns us down or has already turned us down 

Just now, Ron Swanson said:

Brando was just repeating what Rob Stone had ribbed Urban about on the Big Noon set earlier in the day.

Yes. But the snickering with Tillman, plus his previous tweet earlier in the day. He doesn't believe Urban is going to leave FOX for Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, GTNY said:

RapGameLarry has always said today. It’s early. I’m not worried that we haven’t heard anything until 5pm today. 

I believe RapGameLarry got doxxed recently. His real name is Marshall Applewhite. I’d be pretty, prettaaaayyy cautious about taking too much of what he predicts for a given day to heart. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I believe RapGameLarry got doxxed recently. His real name is Marshall Applewhite. I’d be pretty, prettaaaayyy cautious about taking too much of what he predicts for a given day to heart. 

Well if he's just fucking around he's got a lot of money to burn as he's put down around $1000 on bets as to this taking place.

Just now, nunna yo bizness said:

Well if he's just fucking around he's got a lot of money to burn as he's put down around $1000 on bets as to this taking place.

The guy can’t leave the rap game alone, the game needs him. Accordingly, he’s got fuck you money. He uses $1000 bills as kindling. Those bets are nothing. 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Wait, you're saying he's this guy?  The Heavan's Gate cult leader?  Are you sure someone wasn't dicking around when they said that's who he was?

Marshall_Applewhite.jpg

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Ok, after getting ticked off yesterday after hearing some less than optimal information, today is a new today. There are so many sources here, we need a comprehensive betting sheet. Here is what I can recall we have:

Rapgamelarry - or whatever his name is. Dubious source, with some sort of connections, but good heroin for the Board.

The squid dude - see raplarry

Cedwhatever - see raplarry

Mr Orange - too few posts on Surly. Unless someone vouches for him, he's suspect.

Alphahorn - semi credible, but weird diversions into crypto raises eyebrows. I do know he has one thing wrong. He said it's been done for awhile. I know that isn't true.

RVC2005 - seems to have some real visibility. When he posts, I pay attention.

CTJ - i follow everything he posts closely, and he's freely admitted he doesn't know which way this is going.

me - I was firmly in the no camp Saturday because my source is impeccable, but since that time I have figured out Meyer has been reconsidering. I have no idea which way it goes.

Caddox - Someone said he's credible and that's what keeps me off the ledge.

Thamel - He posted some weird stuff implying both directions. Not sure what to think of his proclamations.

Kevin whatever - This one's interesting. Either he's got some legit intel or Urban is using him as a pawn in his chess match, like he did with others for tOSU job.

CTC2 - He's saying it's a no, and I don't know about his bonafides.

Who am I leaving off?

Also, the thought that Meyer is still mulling over an offer is laughable. The decision is made. It is NOT a foregone conclusion that it's yes, because Herman hasn't been fired, and he may not want to make a public statement on a job not open.

There was that mainstream article saying he was building a what if staff.  That’s actually one of the strongest sources for a maybe/yes.

Burton confirmed meetings, suggesting a yes or no would come - not just silence.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic