Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well I made the mistake of wasting my life enough to get to page 408. You fucking delusional plane chasing knobs. There’s going to be a lot of pissed off people when nothing happens today and Herman finishes out the season. No one knows anything, and  Meyer hasn’t made a decision yet, and he’s going to take his time. Meanwhile CDC gets to stick to his “we always evaluate after the season is finished” narrative. 

Watching you monkeys lose your minds and devolve into a quivering mass of plane speculation, Babylon 5 garbage gifs, and internet female creep is only amusing for so many days. And in the case of anything Babylon 5 related, it’s never amusing. Ever. 

I strongly encourage everyone to pour a strong drink and relax on this fine Sunday morning. 

OK.......Tom

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Watching you monkeys lose your minds and devolve into a quivering mass of plane speculation, Babylon 5 garbage gifs, and internet female creep is only amusing for so many days.

There may have been more of it lately, but Surly was founded on the basis of speculation, garbage gifs, and internet creeps. It's not like this is all new.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well I made the mistake of wasting my life enough to get to page 408. You fucking delusional plane chasing knobs. There’s going to be a lot of pissed off people when nothing happens today and Herman finishes out the season. No one knows anything, and  Meyer hasn’t made a decision yet, and he’s going to take his time. Meanwhile CDC gets to stick to his “we always evaluate after the season is finished” narrative. 

Watching you monkeys lose your minds and devolve into a quivering mass of plane speculation, Babylon 5 garbage gifs, and internet female creep is only amusing for so many days. And in the case of anything Babylon 5 related, it’s never amusing. Ever. 

I strongly encourage everyone to pour a strong drink and relax on this fine Sunday morning. 

All of this.

You fucksticks are unbelievable. You just aren't used to Texas not leaking their bullshit everywhere, are you? The best "sources" on this are Shelley tweets and flight tracker. This silence, this "nobody knows anything" atmosphere, is actually really encouraging. 

But no. When coach Meyer isn't announced on surly's one week timeline, you morons start freaking out. And here's the fucking reality-- if coach is really coming here, this has likely been in the works for a while now. Like, those guys on the Fox set making jokes about it a few weeks ago was a lot more telling than we thought. It was a seed being planted for the public.

I'd guess that CDC/ Hartzell told Tom what the stakes are and made contingency plans if those expectations weren't met. When Tom lost to ISU, the ball legitimately started rolling on those plans. I would think that it was communicated to him that by shutting his mouth, and having his team prepared to play those last 2 games, he would have a good audition to set him up at a new spot.

• Like 2

Here's the thing. There are pretty much no individuals with inside sources claiming it's definitely not happening. The standard 9.95ers are all essentially saying similar things: ball is in Urban's court. This makes interestingly less sense as each day goes by because he's had lots of time to figure this out, get his potential ducks in a row, and he doesn't strike me as a person who waffles back and forth on things for weeks (he's at least known this was a very real possibility for quite some time). Then you have a handful of people who claim inside sources, some of whom have been accurate in the past, claiming it's a done deal and is happening today/tomorrow due to a number of factors, including k state game, being officially eliminated from CCG, deal being finalized this past week, and upcoming signing day. Regardless of their credibility, that increasingly seems like the most logical and parsimonious explanation for how this has been playing out. The good news is, we find out today and tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

For me, there are three options here:

OPTION 1: Urban is an asshole psychopath. It would be the only explanation if he currently knows he's not going to take the job. I don't believe this is the case, because if it were, it would mean that he is purposefully stringing out The University of Texas, to what? Just be a dick? I have a lot of objections to Meyer's handling of Fuckface McGee and his domestic violence shit, but otherwise he seems to conduct himself professionally. So I think it would be Busch League for him to just play us out like that. He could have, and would have put this whole thing to bed on Fox yesterday. Instead, it was awkward turtle crickets.

OPTION 2: He still doesn't know if he's going to take the job. Okay, maybe. But he's known it's coming to him for three months now. In my mind he's a YES, but could possibly be balking because he wants "his team," i.e., his specific staff he's worked with before. I don't necessarily buy this. Coaches aren't always able to walk in with all the assistants they want. And I don't see Urbs as the type of guy who is afraid to take a job unless all the stars are perfectly aligned. But this could lead to a NO if I've misread him and he's a little baby.

OPTION 3: He's a yes and waiting on word of Herman's departure.

Option 1: 0% 

Option 2: 30%

Option 3: 70%

Option 4:  he’s already turned down the offer  50%

Just now, KYHorn said:

Here's the thing. There are pretty much no individuals with inside sources claiming it's definitely not happening. The standard 9.95ers are all essentially saying similar things: ball is in Urban's court. This makes interestingly less sense as each day goes by because he's had lots of time to figure this out, get his potential ducks in a row, and he doesn't strike me as a person who waffles back and forth on things for weeks (he's at least known this was a very real possibility for quite some time). Then you have a handful of people who claim inside sources, some of whom have been accurate in the past, claiming it's a done deal and is happening today/tomorrow due to a number of factors, including k state game, being officially eliminated from CCG, deal being finalized this past week, and upcoming signing day. Regardless of their credibility, that increasingly seems like the most logical and parsimonious explanation for how this has been playing out. The good news is, we find out today and tomorrow.

The "ball is in his court" is absolutely cover for "he's a yes and is giving Texas time to fire Herman in a respectful fashion."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

Wrong- if he had, it would be public. And he would have said so. There is no reason for him to be a no and not say it. Game theory motherfucker.

I don’t recall Saban ever saying he turned down an offer from Texas. And to this day there is only speculation that he did and what the offer was. 

Option 4:  he’s already turned down the offer  50%
Then why does Shelley tweat "lol" or "haha" any time someone asks her about Texas or Austin? If UM had conclusively turned down the offer, wouldn't she say "Please stop with these tweets, we are happy in Ohio and will not be moving to Austin"? That would be a simple thing to do, yet she continues to be evasive/cryptic.

I think those tweets rule out the possibility that he has already conclusively said no. Something is still happening. Perhaps they are still negotiating, perhaps they have a deal, or perhaps he's going to say no on Tuesday as Barton claims. Who knows. But he hasn't said no yet.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Urban could have made a very public no on Saturday without ever mentioning a specific job. When they were talking about COVID and scheduling and all the other problems, he could have simply said “this is why I am not coaching again.” A statement like that would make his life easier as well, you think he likes all the innuendos and constant questions?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

Then why does Shelley tweat "lol" or "haha" any time someone asks her about Texas or Austin? If UM had conclusively turned down the offer, wouldn't she say "Please stop with these tweets, we are happy in Ohio and will not be moving to Austin"? That would be a simple thing to do, yet she continues to be evasive/cryptic.

I think those tweets rule out the possibility that he has already conclusively said no. Something is still happening. Perhaps they are still negotiating, perhaps they have a deal, or perhaps he's going to say no on Tuesday as Barton claims. Who knows. But he hasn't said no yet.

Lol.  Haha.

• Hook 'Em 1

The reading into Shelly tweets is just too much. Let that shit go. Some of you are just ridiculous and the reality is you are so deep you can twist anything to fit your narrative. I mean rap game Larry tweets and squids are what you are basing things off of. Fanatic for sure lol

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

All of this.
You fucksticks are unbelievable. You just aren't used to Texas not leaking their bullshit everywhere, are you? The best "sources" on this are Shelley tweets and flight tracker. This silence, this "nobody knows anything" atmosphere, is actually really encouraging. 

But no. When coach Meyer isn't announced on surly's one week timeline, you morons start freaking out. And here's the fucking reality-- if coach is really coming here, this has likely been in the works for a while now. Like, those guys on the Fox set making jokes about it a few weeks ago was a lot more telling than we thought. It was a seed being planted for the public.

I'd guess that CDC/ Hartzell told Tom what the stakes are and made contingency plans if those expectations weren't met. When Tom lost to ISU, the ball legitimately started rolling on those plans. I would think that it was communicated to him that by shutting his mouth, and having his team prepared to play those last 2 games, he would have a good audition to set him up at a new spot.

I mean I think the flight tracking and curtain matching and emotional swings from one hour to the next are as ridiculous as you and Sydney do, but it's harmless and they're having fun. I don't see why you and Sydney are bothered by it. Live and let live and all that. Maybe y'all should have a drink.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

The reading into Shelly tweets is just too much. Let that shit go. Some of you are just ridiculous and the reality is you are so deep you can twist anything to fit your narrative. I mean rap game Larry tweets and squids are what you are basing things off of. Fanatic for sure lol

I agree with all of this, but I am optimistic because Urban has not publicly said he is t coaching again.

All I'm reading into them is that she's being evasive. That much is obvious. The inference, if any, is that she would not be evasive if she knew the answer was no.

1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:
4 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

All I'm reading into them is that she's being evasive. That much is obvious. The inference, if any, is that she would not be evasive if she knew the answer was no.

Yes, I’m sure Urban would appreciate Shelly coming out and saying the answer was no when he hasn’t publicly stated it and if it was no.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

I agree with all of this, but I am optimistic because Urban has not publicly said he is t coaching again.

Don’t get me wrong, I think there is a real chance to have Urban coach Texas. But I’m letting the Shelly tweets and squids rest alone.  The only thing I want to see right now is Herman fired because otherwise absolutely none of this matters.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

I don’t recall Saban ever saying he turned down an offer from Texas. And to this day there is only speculation that he did and what the offer was. 

I don't think Saban was confident enough that the University knew what the fuck it was doing. Which is fair. This case is different. All minds aligned on Urbs. These are not identical situations.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

Wrong- if he had, it would be public. And he would have said so. There is no reason for him to be a no and not say it. Game theory motherfucker.

He’s in the bag.  This weekend makes the most sense because of ESD and KU is likely not being played. But it could be next week.  C-list sources point to today as well with none saying done deal but next week.  All the wait and see sources have no timeline. If next week stays quiet he may still be in the bag.  I’m watching for leaks of plan B activation - and some of that has started.  So it makes today and tomorrow seem really important.

the flight aware stuff is just a fun drinking game.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Yes, I’m sure Urban would appreciate Shelly coming out and saying the answer was no when he hasn’t publicly stated it and if it was no.

There's nothing to say no to at this point. Tom Herman still has a job. Silence continues to be the most encouraging thing. What we're all waiting on is action on that front. At that point, shit will be ON.

Obviously, how close we are to the early signing period is what makes many of us antsy for a resolution. Then again, it's a way different world than it was even when Herman got hired. Now the portal has become an easy way to reload even if you miss out on several early signing period studs. I can't imagine UM would have trouble finding enough talent in the portal to field a solid 2021 team. So he, CDC and the regents might not be feeling nearly as much urgency as we are. 

19 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

The punctuation goes inside the quotation marks.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I mean I think the flight tracking and curtain matching and emotional swings from one hour to the next are as ridiculous as you and Sydney do, but it's harmless and they're having fun. I don't see why you and Sydney are bothered by it. Live and let live and all that. Maybe y'all should have a drink.

Listen, I’m just amusing myself the same as everyone else, although I do think there are people here who are legit going to meltdown when the only movement we see today is the shit running down the legs of people in this thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

There's nothing to say no to at this point. Tom Herman still has a job. Silence continues to be the most encouraging thing. What we're all waiting on is action on that front. At that point, shit will be ON.

Silence plus virtually no plan B activity. Silence from urban with Plan B chatter/interviews and discussion is obviously a no. 

Edited by troph

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic