Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Checking in on Sunday morning. Getting a not happening vibe.

I’ve been there since beating KSU in a semi convincing fashion. I think that’s extending the timeline. I don’t have sources, but it feels like they are having a hard time moving forward with firing Tom. He should have been canned after OU, but definitely after ISU. 

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

At some point between here and there, this thread will transition into a pure tinfoil hat thread. An objective non-participant could arguably read the last 100 pages and conclude that right now. 

Transition? As in we are not there yet?  Last night we had legit posters suggesting that BMDs in Houston had summoned Urban to Houston today to match the available flight tracker data. Outside of me and a few others, this board collectively thinks the McRib is “food”. If we are not in full on delusion already, God help us if this thing gets materially worse. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

You're gripping in anticipation thus the lower right grouping. Relax and let the gun go off. Use your off hand to apply pressure for grip.

This post has nothing to do with your shooting. It's advice to all the people sweating the Urban news.

Grip pressure.  

The difference between pink and purple

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

24 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Red McCombs holds football with inscription: "To Coach Red McCombs / 1962 /  Texas 27 - Baylor 12" - Zintgraff Studio Photograph Collection - UTSA  Digital Collections

There was the initial Grande Meal BMD report saying it is done.  I'm still on Grande Meal is Big Meal(Billy McCombs).  Maybe he drove/flew to HSB?  not sure his condition these days.

tinfoil hat.  its done.  thanks for the gift Red!

5 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Given that MBB is playing today, would think that any announcement (if it is coming today) probably doesn’t happen until the game against Villanova is over.

Oh yeah, that’s going to be the thing that holds things up for announcing the firing of Tom Herman after Urban Meyer came back and said “yes”. For reals. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

Oh yeah, that’s going to be the thing that holds things up for announcing the firing of Tom Herman after Urban Meyer came back and said “yes”. For reals. 

Damn somebody didn’t have their Irish Coffee today. You’ve been acting like someone stuck a rod up your ass all morning.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Exactly....when/if Urban Meyer says yes, nothing is getting in the way of an announcement. 

Fuck it’s going to be a long wait for Ohio State’s season to be over but that seems to make the most sense. He won’t cause himself any headaches by accepting before he can put some of his guys in place. Based off his track record he doesn’t fuck around! The nfl guy has been mentioned several times now. Jeff fisher can’t be real? 

1 minute ago, Octavian said:

Damn somebody didn’t have their Irish Coffee today. You’ve been acting like someone stuck a rod up your ass all morning.

I’ve had quite a bit of fun this morning. Ground at least some of your post in actual logic, be humorous, or be unintentionally entertaining. Your last post did none of those things. You don’t have to be mad at me for it. Just focus on getting better. You’ll get there if you work on it for awhile. 

7 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Transition? As in we are not there yet?  Last night we had legit posters suggesting that BMDs in Houston had summoned Urban to Houston today to match the available flight tracker data. Outside of me and a few others, this board collectively thinks the McRib is “food”. If we are not in full on delusion already, God help us if this thing gets materially worse. 

bundle up a christmas story GIF

2 minutes ago, Caddox said:

I’m so FUCKING jacked up this morning.

Im just gonna throw it out there. This moment represented an existential threat for our entire program. Rebellion at home. Hordes of sheep fucking and meth smoking barbarians at our gates. 

I have a close work tie to a very active donor. His last name is on a building on campus. He intervened on our behalf basically his whole adult life, and after a long period of time consuming participation, he got burned out after the Eyes debacle. He’s now out of the game completely. It’s my opinion our school let him and a lot of us down. 

There are a lot of good alums just like him that are deeply disappointed with our school. It is what it is. I don’t care for politics. In the end, I think there are people supporting our program and people holding us back. Traditionally, the people holding us back have run the school. Well, this moment represents a big win for the people that truly care about winning. I’m filled with true happiness with how all of these people have come together for a common mission. Win or lose in the future, our school is a healthier place from this deal.

I am not yet able to contribute financially other than my season tickets, but I help in other ways that I think makes a difference. This whole deal has reaffirmed my commitment to do what I can to help us win and defeat our rivals. Like I said, I’m fucking jacked. Hook em.

add him to the list

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

At some point between here and there, this thread will transition into a pure tinfoil hat thread. An objective non-participant could arguably read the last 100 pages and conclude that right now. 

This.

A lot of people here making facts mean what they want them to be.  The only thing that I find meaningful is that CDC has not come out and said that Herman has the support of administration.  Everything else is speculation.  There is no way that UM was in HSB without someone getting a cell phone pic of him walking through a lobby, or in an FBO.  There is no way that something like that could happen without someone leaking it.   

If we had any good journalism on this story, someone would put a camera and microphone in front of CDC and ask him if Herman has his support.  His answer would probably tell you more than anything.

Let's just say that the wishful thinking is right and that UM and Texas have reached or are close to reaching an agreement.  There is no way that UM is going into Columbus next weekend to fulfill his Fox contract as the new head coach of the University of Texas.  

I would love for all the speculation to be true.  Maybe it is.  But most of what I see is people making their own projections of what they want things to mean.  I see $9.95's blasting Twitter with messages selling subscriptions based upon all this speculation.  People believe what they want to believe.  

I see I made the list of those with "insider" information.  I am agnostic on if what I have been told is true or whether who told it to me is in the loop of what is happening.  I just shared what I was told because I thought it would be of interest and it came from people who have had greater than average knowledge in the past.  That being said, I don't think there are as many facts supporting that Texas had made a deal with UM as most seem to believe.

• Hook 'Em 1

One thing I hadn’t considered that would play into this thing running into next week is the Michigan game. Urban is loyal af to OSU. His wife has that X in her twitter screen name. I guess that’s an aggy like thing they do because they don’t do Ms. seriously. But if he accepts the job the shitstorm really fires up around if any of the current support staff and assistants are leaving. That will cause a big distraction the week of their most important game. It wouldn’t surprise me if he weighed that in his timing.

Anyway, that’s all I’ve got. I’m heading to an outdoor, socially distanced 6 year old birthday party. If anything happens in the next couple hours, have Nicole text me. Kthxbai. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Im just gonna throw it out there. This moment represented an existential threat for our entire program. Rebellion at home. Hordes of sheep fucking and meth smoking barbarians at our gates. 

I have a close work tie to a very active donor. His last name is on a building on campus. He intervened on our behalf basically his whole adult life, and after a long period of time consuming participation, he got burned out after the Eyes debacle. He’s now out of the game completely. It’s my opinion our school let him and a lot of us down. 

There are a lot of good alums just like him that are deeply disappointed with our school. It is what it is. I don’t care for politics. In the end, I think there are people supporting our program and people holding us back. Traditionally, the people holding us back have run the school. Well, this moment represents a big win for the people that truly care about winning. I’m filled with true happiness with how all of these people have come together for a common mission. Win or lose in the future, our school is a healthier place from this deal.

I am not yet able to contribute financially other than my season tickets, but I help in other ways that I think makes a difference. This whole deal has reaffirmed my commitment to do what I can to help us win and defeat our rivals. Like I said, I’m fucking jacked. Hook em.

Holy fuck it's happening?

2 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I’ve been there since beating KSU in a semi convincing fashion. I think that’s extending the timeline. I don’t have sources, but it feels like they are having a hard time moving forward with firing Tom. He should have been canned after OU, but definitely after ISU. 

KSU shouldn't mean a damn thing to the timeline.  I see 3 options

UM said yes and can't/won't fire until end of regular season Texas bullshit

UM said no and they are waiting until end of season because the timeline for NSD1 doesn't matter for a coach not named Urban.

last option is Urban has said yes but wants to name his staff at the announcement so things are delayed because OSU is still in the hunt

I'm not going to list the 4th option because I refuse to believe we are Cal

2 hours ago, tx ind said:

Fuck all that.  Rockets beat 4 50 win teams including the Orlando Magic who, wait for it.....beat MJ who was in the playoffs that year.  MJ couldn't even make it to the finals that season, a season in which he played from the midway on.  Bulls couldn't match up against a team with a dominant big.

Jordan played 17 regular-season games in 94-95 and had the worst FG % of his career at 41.1%. I think the '95 Rockets were better than '94 -- Hakeem played the best basketball I'd ever seen for about 6 weeks in that playoff run -- but Jordan was nowhere close to being "Jordan" again until the following season.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve had quite a bit of fun this morning. Ground at least some of your post in actual logic, be humorous, or be unintentionally entertaining. Your last post did none of those things. You don’t have to be mad at me for it. Just focus on getting better. You’ll get there if you work on it for awhile. 

Wait.. why are you having fun? you never have fun. You know something we don't?! You do! I feel it in my bones!

image.gif.54f1204f3e9752df94c6c49a798cfe30.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Caddox said:

I hope you’re right, but I am readjusting my expectations because Texas

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Haha, I’m not mad - just unsure why you’re being hypocritical here. Your last several posts have done none of those things, and have just generally been raining on people’s parades. You really came to this thread expecting logic? After everything that’s happened the last several days?

I’m here for the camaraderie and the fun of it all, and to celebrate if this pans out the way we want it to. Don’t appreciate you being a dick just to assuage your ego lol.

4 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Not sure what you're saying here.

4 minutes ago, Caddox said:

lSet Of Skills GIFs | Tenor

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

KSU shouldn't mean a damn thing to the timeline.  I see 3 options

UM said yes and can't/won't fire until end of regular season Texas bullshit

UM said no and they are waiting until end of season because the timeline for NSD1 doesn't matter for a coach not named Urban.

last option is Urban has said yes but wants to name his staff at the announcement so things are delayed because OSU is still in the hunt

I'm not going to list the 4th option because I refuse to believe we are Cal

I get it, but you should probably add that fourth option 

If Michigan cancels their game with tOSU for covid reasons and derails their playoff hopes, and then UM says yes to Texas and goes after assistants, it has major potential to be one of the better meltdowns for a fan base in Internet history. You would then get a slow burn in recruiting.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

This.

A lot of people here making facts mean what they want them to be.  The only thing that I find meaningful is that CDC has not come out and said that Herman has the support of administration.  Everything else is speculation.  There is no way that UM was in HSB without someone getting a cell phone pic of him walking through a lobby, or in an FBO.  There is no way that something like that could happen without someone leaking it.   

If we had any good journalism on this story, someone would put a camera and microphone in front of CDC and ask him if Herman has his support.  His answer would probably tell you more than anything.

Let's just say that the wishful thinking is right and that UM and Texas have reached or are close to reaching an agreement.  There is no way that UM is going into Columbus next weekend to fulfill his Fox contract as the new head coach of the University of Texas.  

I would love for all the speculation to be true.  Maybe it is.  But most of what I see is people making their own projections of what they want things to mean.  I see $9.95's blasting Twitter with messages selling subscriptions based upon all this speculation.  People believe what they want to believe.  

I see I made the list of those with "insider" information.  I am agnostic on if what I have been told is true or whether who told it to me is in the loop of what is happening.  I just shared what I was told because I thought it would be of interest and it came from people who have had greater than average knowledge in the past.  That being said, I don't think there are as many facts supporting that Texas had made a deal with UM as most seem to believe.

All we have is history to rely on. In 2011 Meyer asked ESPN to be relieved of his duties. So it’s not outside the norm. 

I came across this post from that time as well

37446034-C80B-41ED-82D1-6F59D3BC7879.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Jordan played 17 regular-season games in 94-95 and had the worst FG % of his career at 41.1%. I think the '95 Rockets were better than '94 -- Hakeem played the best basketball I'd ever seen for about 6 weeks in that playoff run -- but Jordan was nowhere close to being "Jordan" again until the following season.

Jordan wasn't Jordan because they didn't have a complete team...no power forward. Grant had gone to Orlando. That was remedied when they got Rodman. Even if MJ had stayed in the league, with no PF, the Bulls wouldn't have made the finals in either year. 

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Anyway, that’s all I’ve got. I’m heading to an outdoor, socially distanced 6 year old birthday party. If anything happens in the next couple hours, have Nicole text me. Kthxbai. 

My God, a normal 6 yr old birthday party is bad enough on face value. Then you add in a Karen mom obsessed with trying to keep the kids distanced makes this quite possibly the worst place in the world at that exact moment. Congrats! 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic