Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Fuck dude, you've watched 4 years of Herman going 1-4 against OU, 1-3 against TCU, 0-2 to Maryland, needing FG to beat Kansas, almost every player regress each year, and on and on. Yet, your genius take is that no motherfucker exists other than Meyer that can do a better job than Mensa? 

11.gif.15913cbf1ac918fd0bfd2ed07c165054.gif

Oh they exist. I didn’t say they couldn’t out perform Tom. I’m saying are we realistically going to drop millions of dollars on a new coach who’s staff isn’t drastically better than what’s in place? The Big12 is looking solid next season. I’d hate to see Mullen on the sideline get lit up by Spencer Rattler. Even Kellen Mond was able to do that.

3 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Great having you here. Most of us are just joking around. It's the ones that are serious that we should be concerned about

I know. And thank you. I was a little sister for my brother’s fraternity and got a lot of the same. They all had my back. Not worried that y’all don’t have mine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If the salary numbers are true for urban then how the fuck would it be CDC’s fault if we end up with herman for another year? Herman is worthless but it’s a terrible look to fire him and buy out the assistants if you have to hire Fickell, Sark, or Campbell. He’s navigating some real shitty water right now and the boat has a leak. I find it hard to believe if he’s able to right the ship down the road Texas fires him for the mess created by his predecessors. I could be full of shit though to be honest and fair. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, troph said:

I doubt the word gets out tonight, we were just hoping to be able to point to a flight so we could be geniuses and speculating is tons of fun.  Someone will identify a plane and that will be. Tonight tomorrow, whatever it’s like curtains you just say that’s it until it’s disproven. 

Since we are focusing on private planes, how likely is it they have WiFi onboard? I’m poor so I don’t know how common this is.

Is there any way to find this out based on flight trackers and/or plane info online?

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

a) I married a poster from here

b) we got divorced

c) I got surly as compensation I guess

d) Anyone here that has met me or knows me knows what I look like. If you like tall, skinny girls without any plastic surgery and a surgically repaired collarbone that is obsessed with football you can get to know me.

e) Y'all make me smile

Keep at it. Past 400 pages!!!! It is hard to believe that a chick would be this engaged with football but I am. I think I have already posted pictures of myself (not anything sexy) on this board  a few times.

She is who she says she is. I grew up in amarillo too and her pic is super familiar to me but I cant quite put the name to the face. I'll say no more. I enjoy internet anonymity. She probably knows me and my family.  I think we are around the same age. How's that for intrigue in this thread.

12 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Coaches who would outperform Herman on the field and in recruiting for 2022:

Obvious but unlikely - make them say no:

Dan Mullen

Brian Kelly

P5's

Matt Campbell

Steve Sarkisian

G5's

Luke Fickell

Billy Napier

Bryan Harsin

Other

Hugh Freeze

And this doesn't include the Coordinators like Elliot and Venables that I would take over Herman.  You are underestimating the impact another bad recruiting year would have on this team.  Keep Herman as a lame duck in 2022 and that class will crater just like 2021 has.

Why do we think Matt Campbell would recruit better than Herman?  He has barely improved Iowa State's recruiting over his predecessors and his highest ranked class appears to be 46.

4 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

Oh they exist. I didn’t say they couldn’t out perform Tom. I’m saying are we realistically going to drop millions of dollars on a new coach who’s staff isn’t drastically better than what’s in place? The Big12 is looking solid next season. I’d hate to see Mullen on the sideline get lit up by Spencer Rattler. Even Kellen Mond was able to do that.

Do you not understand how recruiting works?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, MrBig said:

Since we are focusing on private planes, how likely is it they have WiFi onboard? I’m poor so I don’t know how common this is.

Is there any way to find this out based on flight trackers and/or plane info online?

I assume private charters have Wi-Fi. You gonna drop CDC an email? 

Just now, Texas Wahoo said:

Why do we think Matt Campbell would recruit better than Herman?  He has barely improved Iowa State's recruiting over his predecessors and his highest ranked class appears to be 46.

Because he actually gets his players to outperform their ratings.

13 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

b) we got divorced

d) Anyone here that has met me or knows me knows what I look like. If you like tall, skinny girls without any plastic surgery and a surgically repaired collarbone that is obsessed with football you can get to know me.

e) Y'all make me smile

Keep at it. Past 400 pages!!!! It is hard to believe that a chick would be this engaged with football but I am. I think I have already posted pictures of myself (not anything sexy) on this board  a few times.

Sure, date a guy from here again. I'm sure 2nd time will be better. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

b) we got divorced

e) Y'all make me smile

Wow, surgically repaired collarbones are my fetish. I have a non-surgically repaired separated shoulder. Do anything for ya?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

CDC has placed himself on the chopping block with this circus. Either he hits his target or he’s likely out of Austin too. Urban is the only coach worth the buyouts. I respect Mullen as a coach but you can’t objectively say his staff is head & shoulders better than what we have right now. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. 

So it’s CDC’s fault Herman sucks as a football coach?  Good to know.  

Edited by stork642

CDC's fault is the extension as it saddled him with Herman and cut out some options. I would imagine if there's a better option out there, CDC is happy to make a move. He's seen enough of Herman losing games he shouldn't to know this thing will never win the Big 12 under Herman. The best you can hope for is a 2018 type year and he's only had 1 of those out his 4 years in Austin. 

Edited by mdmost

2 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Because a new coach always gets a bump.  Herman’s recruiting is in the toilet because no one believes his bullshit anymore _ a new coach won’t have that problem. 

Now add in that Herman will be a lame-duck that everyone knows will be gone. 

Another awful recruiting class could really cripple the chances of the next coach to turn the team around. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

OU playing with fire a little bit here. If they fuck around and lose tonight, WV hasn’t lost in Morgantown this season. 

Hard not to pull for Baylor but if Herman is only out when it’s mathematically impossible then let’s get it done now.

8 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

Recruiting...... how does it work? I wish we had some sort of indication how recruits feel about a lame duck coach that should've been fired. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

It is his fault for giving him an extension.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

CDC's fault is the extension as it saddled him with Herman and cut out some options. I would imagine if there's a better option out there, CDC is happy to make a move. He's seen enough of Herman losing games he shouldn't to know this thing will never win the Big 12 under Herman. The best you can hope for is a 2018 type year and he's only had 1 of those out his 4 years in Austin. 

I think several people are on the record stating that CDC opposed the extension, but the university president overruled him.

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I assume private charters have Wi-Fi. You gonna drop CDC an email? 

Shelley Meyer is always on Twitter. So if she is on a suspected flight at a certain time, she is either tweeting a lot because of the Wifi, or not tweeting at all because of the lack of connectivity. She is going to spill the beans on this. Women always do.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic