Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 hours ago, LOHorn said:

Looks like Urban agreed to terms with Fox around late January, according to this article: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/fox-sports-urban-meyer-deal-hire-college-football-analyst/qunash4brr8f1hlxwbwzfb1ew

I have no idea if it is standard to renew prior to a contract ending in TV.

So based on that, I'm guessing his contract may go through the end of the season.

2 hours ago, XYZ said:

So OU wins the conference...aggy gets in the CFP...and Texas gets nothing. We keep Herman and next year lose 4-5 games.

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

If we are lucky.  

Fuck off to Day Shift with that sorry-ass SDE bullshit.

9 minutes ago, wood said:

What's this? I think I missed it.

This is when Barton first claimed to have the inside scoop. Crying Bevo post and all that. He said a big pay raise was coming to Urban. A factor that would play into Urban turning down Texas. 

But of course that hasn't happened. 

Edited by Happy Gilmore
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Everyone who fucking pays attention to this knows that and this is old news. 

Really? GTFO with that shit. I've been paying attention to this whole thread. It's been said 1000 fucking times in here that the Fox contract is over after today. UM  being contracted through the end of the season has always made a lot more sense to me, but I can't remember a single instance of someone saying that's the case in this thread.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Texas is pretty bad right now in terms of perception in the state but I think the title blue blood still holds weight for them. It’s going to take another decade of sub .500 football for Texas to be considered the little guy in the state, and even then you still have to count on aggy being dominate in the SEC which is unlikely at this point. Elko has saved their ass a ton this year and once he’s gone, jimbo better hire another damn good DC. Also, everyone knows that their is only 2 teams that are elite right now maybe 3 if Ohio st played more games. People aren’t looking at teams like aggy or ND and thinking they are going to have a shot against bama/Clemson. The playoff doesn’t hold a lot weight this year imo. 

Lotta wishful thinking here

Texas A&M makes it to the title game and regardless of outcome they will be out recruiting us on top of out of state programs poaching top tier talent. 

To make matters worse, we have Saban potentially retiring soon along with LSU and Auburn in disarray

This is a watershed moment to determine if the LHN was really worth it cuz CDC looks to be just about any other PAC-12 AD

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, PDX_Horn said:

Texas A&M makes it to the title game and regardless of outcome they will be out recruiting us on top of out of state programs poaching top tier talent. 

To make matters worse, we have Saban potentially retiring soon along with LSU and Auburn in disarray

This is a watershed moment to determine if the LHN was really worth it cuz CDC looks to be just about any other PAC-12 AD

We have got to get out of the Big 12. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, PDX_Horn said:

Anywhere but the big 12.

1 minute ago, PDX_Horn said:

I’d say A&M actually beating Clemson or Bama to get to the title game is wishful thinking but to each their own I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Go on

After all of this time people still are not following current events? 

1. CDC issued an ambiguous statement supporting Herman. The usual low IQ journalists and reactionary Texas fans freaked out. 

2. Texas still is continuing to search for a coach despite the statement. CDC in fact has upset BMDs and his bosses with his statement and his vision of what should happen. He has been relegated to giving toasts at receptions for now. 

3. Urban Meyer told us no thank you the Sunday after the Kansas State game after we went full court press following the loss to Iowa State. Texas is still going to pursue and certainly he could change his mind but it’s very unlikely today. 

4. Texas is evaluating other coaches but they are playing in conference championship games, playoff games or a big bowl game that makes the timing of the fire/hire sometime after Jan 1. 

5. The McRib is still an awful sandwich created by the Chinese to destroy America from the inside. 

That’s where we are right now. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PDX_Horn said:

Hmm ... y'all smell that?

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Yeah, but Nick Saban realized that you can't do any of that without a quality OL.

We haven't had one of those in over a decade.

This right fucking here is what has made it difficult for any coach to succeed here for the last 10 years. 

At least our OL from '08-'09 could pass block but after that it's been one of these year after year

GFzGA60J_400x400.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, PDX_Horn said:

This right fucking here is what has made it difficult for any coach to succeed here for the last 10 years. 

At least our OL from '08-'09 could pass block but after that it's been one of these year after year

GFzGA60J_400x400.jpg

My memory is a bit different. Colt was frequently running for his life due to OL weakness, And his college career ending  play was emblematic of that issue. The last decent OL was 2005 IMO.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, El Squared said:

My memory is a bit different. Colt was frequently running for his life due to OL weakness, And his college career ending  play was emblematic of that issue. The last decent OL was 2005 IMO.

This is correct. In his last season, Colt’s line was a joke. He was getting hit within 3 seconds most plays. His sheer accuracy and perseverance was the reason behind success that year.