Lamar Fires Coach after 3 Years

MirrOlure

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

....and 1 year after making the Playoffs, because he didn’t win enough games and nobody likes him.

http:// https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Mike-Schultz-fired-as-Lamar-University-football-14862095.php

Isn't it really the 'didn’t win enough games' part?

Edited by n64ra

“I think there will be a lot of interest in the job,” Born said. “I think it’s a top three job from where we’re located in the Golden Triangle, the town that’s here, our facilities and our budgets. I think there will be a ton of interest from all over country, in my opinion.”

Top three jobs in the Golden Triangle

1. West Orange Stark

2. Beaumont Westbrook

3. Port Neches Groves

4. ??? Lamar University???

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:
13 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:
Did we ever get the pics from the poster from Beaumont from TOS? 

Who was it besides me?

nah, there was a poster who( allegedly) had all these pics of hot women and videos of meet-n-greets and stuff, but (allegedly) could not download it to the site for everyone to view.

The name escapes me...  Wasn't he from Baytown, though, former Shagsters?

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

Went to a friend’s wedding in Beaumont back in the day - only time I’ve ever been there in my life.  Us guys went to the Yellow Rose strip club, as the night wore in one of the locals got a bit out of hand and two cops showed up, walked in the club wearing cowboy hats AND aviator sunshades - I shit you not even a little.....sunshades.....at midnight...thought I was in a Jackie Gleason, Burt Reynolds movie - 

1 minute ago, Bluemoon3287 said:

Went to a friend’s wedding in Beaumont back in the day - only time I’ve ever been there in my life.  Us guys went to the Yellow Rose strip club, as the night wore in one of the locals got a bit out of hand and two cops showed up, walked in the club wearing cowboy hats AND aviator sunshades - I shit you not even a little.....sunshades.....at midnight...thought I was in a Jackie Gleason, Burt Reynolds movie - 

Sounds like a Corey Hart song...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

nah, there was a poster who( allegedly) had all these pics of hot women and videos of meet-n-greets and stuff, but (allegedly) could not download it to the site for everyone to view.

The name escapes me...  Wasn't he from Baytown, though, former Shagsters?

You're correct. It was Baytown. My bad.

M C Orange?

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 9:11 AM, tx 3 putt said:

There’s a highly toxic acid plant literally right next to the football stadium. It’s a very old facility. So Golden Triangle

Several years ago when I was a Sales Engineer at a software company, I went on a sales call to Lamar. My salesperson asked the CIO about their disaster recovery strategy. He looked over his glasses at her and said "m'am, my idea of a disaster is that plant across the street going up, and if that happens there won't be anything here to recover" 

11 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Several years ago when I was a Sales Engineer at a software company, I went on a sales call to Lamar. My salesperson asked the CIO about their disaster recovery strategy. He looked over his glasses at her and said "m'am, my idea of a disaster is that plant across the street going up, and if that happens there won't be anything here to recover" 

The dead bodies aren’t going anywhere