2019 Fiesta Bowl: Ohio State vs Clemson

USMCHorn

I had a brain injury about 6 years ago. Still get kind of wonky if I turn my head too fast or bump it on something. 

I also played high school and college football back in the 90's and would regularly butt heads with large dudes running at full speed. It was normal and encouraged as part of the game. 

Can't imagine doing that today, even with a fully healthy head. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Several times.

LSU's defense has been lit up multiple times this season by some mediocre teams.  Ohio State will torch them.

Ohio State has the best defense LSU will have faced.

I'll happily wager with you should OSU win this game.

LSU’s defense has gotten a lot better their last few games.  I know it’s hard to believe but teams sometimes improve over the course of a season. 

1 minute ago, Tom Chairman said:

Remind me why y'all rooting for Clemson?

Why not?

On the other hand, a fairly large contingent of Texas fans were physically threatened by the tOSU crowd after we beat them in the Horseshoe at night.  So, they might have a great team but there might still be some hard feelings.  Also, they seem to cheat or do other unsavory things on a consistent basis. 

5 minutes ago, Tom Chairman said:

Remind me why y'all rooting for Clemson?

We tangled with tOSU in 05-06 and again in 09 with no love lost.  

Personally. I am grateful to Clempson for taking Alabama down a notch on occasion and I find Dabo to be a likable goob.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

LSU’s defense has gotten a lot better their last few games.  I know it’s hard to believe but teams sometimes improve over the course of a season. 

I'm fairly certain if we had played them in November they would have beaten us in a similar fashion to what they did to aggy and OU. Teams improve - and regress - through the course of the season. 

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

They've definitely improved from earlier in the season, but they're not the defense they've been in the past.

Ohio State would score on them, a lot.

But thank you for that insightful bit of instruction that I've failed to pick up in over 45 years of watching football.

1 minute ago, hookem48 said:

did you want one of these teams blown out?

Someone who helped my family out a lot is a tOSU alumna and big-time fan. So, yeah, kinda rooting for the Buckeyes on her account.

Aside from that, don't give a shit. Just want to see football. Don't much care for whether or not it's  "good" or, dare I say, "competitive." :D 

27 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Such simplistic thinking. 4 team "playoffs" in a 130 team league and 5 major conferences is so fucking stupid.

no simple jack here 

The current metric for a 4 team playoff is dog shit and rotten with divisional, regional and media politic (no CR). 

Whole damn CF system needs to be redesigned, dare I say realigned, with playoffs as the end game. Otherwise it’s piss with OU bobbing around in the bubbles 

1 minute ago, Augustus said:

They've definitely improved from earlier in the season, but they're not the defense they've been in the past.

Ohio State would score on them, a lot.

But thank you for that insightful bit of instruction that I've failed to pick up in over 45 years of watching football.

This was my point earlier.  I noted that lsu could be outscored, but they won't be blown out.  LSU has nice corners, but they aren't elite on D, they are very elite on offense though