Sarah Huckabee Sanders is terrible at this job

retread

It is not lost on me that these people, who have willfully entered into the national political arena, are getting fussy about blowback from private citizens.  Jesus Christ.  LBJ would have laughed and then mocked them.  Reagan would have cracked some homey witticism.  Trump just cries like the little bitch he is.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It is not lost on me that these people, who have willfully entered into the national political arena, are getting fussy about blowback from private citizens. 

These are the same people who LOUDLY and PROUDLY will tell you that private businesses should be able to refuse to serve private citizens and the free market will decide if that private decision is then worthy of staying in business.

Here, we have a private business telling someone in her capacity as a private citizen (not as part of her official capacity as Press Secretary) being refused service and the outcome is both SHS and Trump, from their GOVERNMENT TWITTER ACCOUNTS, admonishing the private business.

I hope they all rot in hypocritical hell.

Worth reading. 

An excerpt: 

One thing that people who wield great power often fail to viscerally understand is what it feels like to have power wielded against you. This imbalance is the source of many of the most monstrous decisions that get made by powerful people and institutions. The people who start the wars do not have bombs dropped on their houses. The people who pass the laws that incarcerate others never have to face the full force of the prison system themselves. The people who design the economic system that inflicts poverty on millions are themselves rich. This sort of insulation from the real world consequences of political and economic decisions makes it very easy for powerful people to approve of things happening to the rest of us that they would never, ever tolerate themselves. No health insurance CEO would watch his child die due to their inability to afford quality health care. No chickenhawk Congressman will be commanding a tank battle in Iran. No opportunistic race-baiting politician will be shunned because of their skin color. Zealots condemn gay people—except for their own gay children. The weed-smoking of young immigrants should get them deported—but our own weed-smoking was a youthful indiscretion. Environmentalist celebrities fly on carbon-spouting private jets. Banks make ostentatious charity donations while raking in billions from investments in defense contractors and gun manufacturers and oil companies. This is human nature. It is very, very easy to do things that hurt others as long as those same things benefit, rather than hurt, you. Self-justification is a specialty of mankind.

• Like 5

It won't be long before a Trumpkin and non-Trumpkin get in an altercation and shoot each other.  #MAGA

Trumpkins have already shot brown people. And already run a car through a crowd. The violence is already underway.

What terrifies the Trumpkins is the previously inconceivable idea that their victims might fight BACK.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Trumpkins have already shot brown people. And already run a car through a crowd. The violence is already underway.

What terrifies the Trumpkins is the previously inconceivable idea that their victims might fight BACK.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

MIGHT fight back? It was one year ago this month that a leftwing activist attempted to gun down several Republican congressmen at a soft ball practice, nearly killing Steve Scalise. And he didn't even need tacit approval from a sitting U.S. Congresswoman. Goes both ways. I don't condone any of it, from either side.

MIGHT fight back? It was one year ago this month that a leftwing activist attempted to gun down several Republican congressmen at a soft ball practice, nearly killing Steve Scalise. And he didn't even need tacit approval from a sitting U.S. Congresswoman. Goes both ways. I don't condone any of it, from either side.

As to the violence, agreed. Which is why you don’t flick matches at the powder keg 100 times a day, as DOTUS has. You don’t get to spew inflammatory rhetoric without pause, and then express concern that there are flames.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

As to the violence, agreed. Which is why you don’t flick matches at the powder keg 100 times a day, as DOTUS has. You don’t get to spew inflammatory rhetoric without pause, and then express concern that there are flames.

Agreed. Like I said, I don't condone any of it, not Trump's inflammatory rhetoric, and not Waters' encouraging harassment. If nothing else, Dems should realize that Waters' comments only embolden Trump supporters.

39 minutes ago, Js1 said:

These are the same people who LOUDLY and PROUDLY will tell you that private businesses should be able to refuse to serve private citizens and the free market will decide if that private decision is then worthy of staying in business.

Here, we have a private business telling someone in her capacity as a private citizen (not as part of her official capacity as Press Secretary) being refused service and the outcome is both SHS and Trump, from their GOVERNMENT TWITTER ACCOUNTS, admonishing the private business.

I hope they all rot in hypocritical hell.

She can admonish all she wants, and so can anyone else. What the restaurant did was fine. The backlash against it is fair game. And the inevitable boon to their business is also fair game. I really do not get all the drama around this. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

The drama is that SHS and Trump got their fee-fees hurt.

They have the right to bitch. I would if I were them. 

13 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

That's the good shit. Both sides. Fuck yes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, tantric superman said:

When I was in undergrad, we had a roommate who set his alarm for super early, hit snooze a billion fucking times, and then leave with the fucking alarm still on.  One day the 3rd roommate told him that if he didn't stop doing this shit he was going to throw the alarm clock out the fucking window.

I had two roommates over the years who did that.

The first one, we had "shoe duty". When it was our "shoe duty" day, we'd get up about the 4th time he hit snooze, and bean him with a thrown shoe.

Second one, I'd mellowed out. plus he slept with his door locked. After he'd run his alarm all damn morning, I'd just go to the breaker box and shut off power to his room. Dude would then sleep late and miss shit.  Oh well.

Y'all's problem was y'all were all talk and no action. Be like Conan the Barbarian, don't talk about throwing out the alarm clock, just throw it out.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

If what I've read is correct, didn't the whole thing go down without much drama?  Owner asked SHS to leave, SHS said "OK", owner comped whatever had already been served.  Right?

If so, I love that it's getting blown way farther out of proportion by a bunch of people who had nothing to do with it.  Yay, drama.  Restaurants kick people out for not wearing shoes . . . often.  Nobody cares.  Seems like nobody really cares here unless it's a useful talking point. 

it is getting blown out of proportion and trump's reflexive reaction to it as a red meat he can grill up and serve to the base is predictable.

however, as much as i can't stand even the sight or sounds coming from sarah sanders, the gay wedding cake/baker script is simply being flipped here and the reactions are essentially retrenching the opposite positions.  not a good look all around in my opinion for anyone except for...shockingly, sarah sanders which is crazy.  discriminating on the basis of party affiliation or employment is not a becoming slope for any of us to tie ourselves to...even if she is a disingenuous person who is actively working to undermine the united states of america.

Edited by sidis

39 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

She can admonish all she wants, and so can anyone else. What the restaurant did was fine. The backlash against it is fair game. And the inevitable boon to their business is also fair game. I really do not get all the drama around this. 

I don't either. They can refuse service. She can complain. 

When I read the law that she allegedly broke by using her official handle, I don't see a violation insofar as she didn't use it for gain. 

4 minutes ago, sidis said:

it is getting blown out of proportion and trump's reflexive reaction to it as a red meat he can grill up and serve to the base is predictable.

however, as much as i can't stand even the sight or sounds coming from sarah sanders, the gay wedding cake/baker script is simply being flipped here and the reactions are essentially retrenching the opposite positions.  not a good look all around in my opinion for anyone except for...shockingly, sarah sanders which is crazy.  discriminating on the basis of party affiliation or employment is not a becoming slope for any of us to tie ourselves to...even if she is a disingenuous person who is actively working to undermine the united states of america.

Think harder. And smarter. 

2 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

No dude they ruined everyone's night and spit on her while she was trying her best to leave peacefully. And they keyed her car. And ass.

I think what you’re getting at, is, she’s ass, my dude. 

discriminating on the basis of party affiliation or employment is not a becoming slope for any of us to tie ourselves to

You missed the point.

First, she wasn’t discriminated against, so let’s drop that word now.

Second, she wasn’t denied service because she’s a republican.

Third, she wasn’t denied service because she works for Trump.

Let’s let the owner of The Red Hen tell us why she was denied service

“I explained that the restaurant has certain standards that I feel it has to uphold, such as honesty, and compassion, and cooperation.

I’m totally okay with that.
  • Like 2

I think a lot of Americans need to learn more about public accommodations, protected classes, and discrimination.  The homophobic baker has confused the issue for many, because (until perhaps recently) we were seemingly moving towards the idea of sexuality being a protected class, and indeed it is in many states, at least in the context of employment law.  But, it's not universal.

SHS was not asked to leave the restaurant on the basis of her race, her gender, her anything . . .  save the fact that the owner finds her a despicable human being and felt it was bad for business to serve her.  Until political party or job description become protected classes, it should remain a sound policy that is totally up to the discretion of the business owner to enforce.

• Like 2

somehow, what you guys read into what i wrote implied that i am saying something illegal was done or that the ussc needs to weigh in on the case.  that isn't what i said so put that silly shit to bed.

however, effectively (and separate from issues of legality), it is the same thing...a personal, subjective judgment from a public business owner refusing to serve someone because they don't like them.  saying that they refused them because they have "certain standards" regarding non-empirical terms like "honesty, compassion, and cooperation" and that having nothing to do with her job is just as disingenuous as sarah sanders's dumbass lying from the podium each day.  reductio ad absurdum, does the restaurant query each patron on those standards??  don't be silly.

if a restaurant refused to serve josh earnest in 2010 claiming it was because he wasn't "honest, compassionate, or cooperative," we would all roll our eyes at how utterly retarded it was...

SHSU on her way out? 

it is known, end of the year.

A public business owner has every right to refuse to serve someone who takes our tax dollars to lie to us every day, including lying about kiddie concentration camps.

But this is a distraction of right wing fake outrage to distract from over 3000 kids separated from their parents and no plan to reunite them.

I absolutely condone shunning, shaming, boycotting, and all-around excommunicating Trump collaborators 

+1 on the non-violence against them. Shame them, shun them, call them out. No violence. They are such sensitive snowflakes, shit like that bothers them way more.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sidis said:

however, effectively (and separate from issues of legality), it is the same thing...a personal, subjective judgment from a public business owner refusing to serve someone because they don't like them. 

Wrong. The Red Hen owner SPECIFICALLY refused Sarah Huckabee Sanders, and the protesters SPECIFICALLY called out Nielsen,  two public figures that have made their hateful rhetoric known to the world.  The baker wants to refuse an entire subset of people exclusively based on their sexual preference, even if there requested purchase is a symbol of love and companionship.

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

Remember when a comedian specifically brought in to roast members of the Trump administration told a joke referencing the fact that Sarah Huckabee Sanders (a) lies frequently and (b) wears makeup, and people acted like that was going way, way, incredibly too far? What the fuck was that?

Red meat for the Trumpkins.  And a distraction from trade wars, kiddie concentration camps, Scott Pruitt scandals, a tax bill which is bankrupting our country but gives the average person the equivalent of a Costco membership, increased health insurance costs, destruction of environmental protections, Stormy Daniels, Russia, insecure voter systems, extreme gerrymandering, and much, much more.

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Red meat for the Trumpkins.  And a distraction from trade wars, kiddie concentration camps, Scott Pruitt scandals, a tax bill which is bankrupting our country but gives the average person the equivalent of a Costco membership, increased health insurance costs, destruction of environmental protections, Stormy Daniels, Russia, insecure voter systems, extreme gerrymandering, and much, much more.

It's not distracting anyone. This November is an election for or against Donald Trump.

He's going to lose bigly.

16 minutes ago, sidis said:

somehow, what you guys read into what i wrote implied that i am saying something illegal was done or that the ussc needs to weigh in on the case.  that isn't what i said so put that silly shit to bed.

however, effectively (and separate from issues of legality), it is the same thing...a personal, subjective judgment from a public business owner refusing to serve someone because they don't like them.  saying that they refused them because they have "certain standards" regarding non-empirical terms like "honesty, compassion, and cooperation" and that having nothing to do with her job is just as disingenuous as sarah sanders's dumbass lying from the podium each day.  reductio ad absurdum, does the restaurant query each patron on those standards??  don't be silly.

if a restaurant refused to serve josh earnest in 2010 claiming it was because he wasn't "honest, compassionate, or cooperative," we would all roll our eyes at how utterly retarded it was...

it is known, end of the year.

You did not give the validation junkies their drug and thus have ignited their righteous anger.   That stuff is like greek fire and no amount of reasoning or explanations is going to put it out.

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's not distracting anyone. This November is an election for or against Donald Trump.

He's going to lose bigly.

Trump's certainly trying to distract his base.  He may not be succeeding with anyone else at this point.

Trump hasn't gotten the terrorist attack he wanted, to inflame his base against brown people, so he's digging in where he can. And is left with brown people being rude to his press secretary.