Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

3 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Holy shit that hurts.

fuck - couldn't they have announced that tomorrow, so my month end statement didn't have that shit stain on it today; and then I could gather the courage to buy the dip and claw back some gains/offset the loss when I average down and this goes back up to $0.82

1 hour ago, HoustonHorn said:

I'm guessing this is to raise money? Is there a positive takeaway that they are issuing to institutional investors? Bought some more at $0.74.

It can be spun that way; but remember in Feb 12 ALPP announced that they were selling$50 million at $6/share; which was just a few days after it was at $9. It has dropped ever since and has been under $3 for the 45 days. (this is what is making me hesitant to average down)

I still believe that battery recycling will become a huge business, but I've go plenty (ie too much) in this one for now. 

15 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

It can be spun that way; but remember in Feb 12 ALPP announced that they were selling$50 million at $6/share; which was just a few days after it was at $9. It has dropped ever since and has been under $3 for the 45 days. (this is what is making me hesitant to average down)

I still believe that battery recycling will become a huge business, but I've go plenty (ie too much) in this one for now. 

If I understand everything correctly, this is part of that base shelf prospectus they announced in July. (https://americanmanganeseinc.com/american-manganese-files-preliminary-base-shelf-prospectus/). They were authorized for $25MM in shares, and they have an agreement for $20MM in shares (I believe all in CDN $). So, hopefully that means this was a one-time thing and they won't just be doing this every time the price gets around $1.00. Perhaps by doing this they get some institutional interest for a big payday. 

Edited by KYHorn

1 minute ago, KYHorn said:

If I understand everything correctly, this is part of that base shelf prospectus they announced in July. (https://americanmanganeseinc.com/american-manganese-files-preliminary-base-shelf-prospectus/). They were authorized for 25MM shares, and they have an agreement for 20MM shares. So, hopefully that means this was a one-time thing and they won't just be doing this every time the price gets around $1.00. Perhaps by doing this they get some institutional interest for a big payday. 

I hope you are right, but fear otherwise.

3 hours ago, WithoutAClue said:

AMYZF did a $20M private placement of shares this morning. not helping the share price... :(

My hunch is the funds will be used to build their cathode recycling plant.  AMY can earn revenue running the plant while demonstrating the process to potential customers.  I wish I knew who the institutional investors were that took the entire issue.  Still holding 150,000 shares of AMYZF @ $.85.

Edited by Harrison Stafford
  • Hook 'Em 3

Any opinion on FERN?  It made a strong move yesterday and had a lot of profit taking today but has clawed halfway back.  For a couple of months, it has been stair stepping its way from .02 to .06+ yesterday seemingly getting some support at each penny.  Minimal revenue and some debt but it operates in the crypto world and has a lot of trading volume. That doesn't make for a healthy company but it does point to a potential stonk rocket ship. 

48 minutes ago, WithoutAClue said:

ALPP just jumped 50 cents. what do they know that we don't?

My completely uneducated guess is there's some insider knowledge on NASDAQ approval, or a big contract, or an acquisition, or some other big news.  My guess is NASDAQ, as any sort of big news would be smarter to hold until you have a larger pool of investors to act on it.

BTW, it's over $3 for the time being.

Hope you didn't sell if you had some.  Fingers crossed this is just the start of something big.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Will ALPP be like the dud fireworks of my childhood or the spectacular show that brings Ranger out of hiding? It feels like some of you fuckers have been holding forever. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve traded it. Reality, it hasn’t been that long since it was under $0.10.

I bought my first shares at like $0.07.  Then added some at like $0.25.  Then I added some at like $3 on the way down from $9. Decided then and there it was going to be a long hold. All in all my cost average is just above $0.50.

• Hook 'Em 1

No news release from ALPP, the most recent is the 8/19 $2.2 million HVAC contract. Non-news flash from Wally Fairway, ain't nobody holding ALPP because of the HVAC business. If I was interested in investing in an HVAC operation then I'd just PM @T’Boo Ted Marshall

Sure wish there was news today, and a big enough bounce to rationalize selling some, so I could buy more AMY while is stays below $0.75; I'm sure there is no way in hell the timing of any of this turns out to be in my (our) favor.

Edited by Wally Fairway
surly cross reference added
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BTW said:

I took some profits here, just in case this is a red herring.  I'm holding the rest to see if there's anything to this

I did too. Sold a small amount off. I still think it will get a decent bump on the uplist but the market in general has me nervous that it may not. Very different situation than when it ran to $9.

Good news from AMYZF. 99% Lithium extraction from battery waste (they previously did this with production scrap material). Shows the process should work on both sides of their closed-loop business model:

AMY_Circle_Eco_PR.jpg

https://americanmanganeseinc.com/american-manganese-produces-99-99-pure-lithium-sulfate-from-the-recyclico-process/

Spoiler
American Manganese Produces 99.99% Pure Lithium Sulfate from the RecycLiCo Process

The High Purity Sample of ‘Green’ Lithium was Prepared and Sent to an International Lithium Producer

American Manganese Inc. (“AMY” or the “Company“) is pleased to report the successful production of lithium sulfate (Li2SO4) with 99.99% purity. The bulk sample of lithium sulfate was prepared and sent to an international lithium producer to validate the patented RecycLiCo™ process. 

“We are extremely pleased with the production of 99.99% pure lithium sulfate directly from the most valuable and least environmentally disruptive source of lithium available in the world – which in my opinion is the end-of-life battery,” commented Larry Reaugh, President and CEO of American Manganese. “To produce green batteries, you need ‘green’ lithium, and we are thrilled to be engaged with companies that recognize the promise of RecycLiCo. We are confident that our product will align with the lithium-ion battery industry’s needs, and which will unlock long-term environmental benefits.”

The RecycLiCo™ process first leached lithium-ion battery cathode scrap and black mass material with an extraction efficiency of over 99%. The resulting pregnant leach solution is then coprecipitated to produce cathode precursor material (nickel, cobalt, and manganese). The remaining solution subsequently undergoes separate extraction of high purity lithium sulfate while regenerating process chemicals for the closed-loop process. Together, the cathode precursor and lithium sulfate product accounts for most of the lithium-ion battery’s material value and can be re-integrated into new battery manufacturing.

Throughout American Manganese’s R&D and pilot plant project, the Company successfully produced other lithium derivatives such as lithium hydroxide and lithium carbonate, enabling a robust RecycLiCo™ process that can adapt to the changing needs of the lithium-ion battery industry.

AMY_Lithium_2_PR.jpg 99.99% Pure Lithium Sulfate from Upcycled Lithium-ion Battery Waste

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

I did too. Sold a small amount off. I still think it will get a decent bump on the uplist but the market in general has me nervous that it may not. Very different situation than when it ran to $9.

I had an order to sell a small amount (750 shares) today, and got a partial fill at the open. Odd lot trading is interesting, but with no cost trades I don't really care. Except that little bit of OCD in me that hates holding non-round numbers of shares.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

So when the hell do they start making $

You need revenue before you can have profits. Right now, this is nothing more than a technical proof of concept, which appears to be going well. The commercial proof of concept is TBD.

2 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Good news from AMYZF. 99% Lithium extraction from battery waste (they previously did this with production scrap material). Shows the process should work on both sides of their closed-loop business model:

AMY_Circle_Eco_PR.jpg

https://americanmanganeseinc.com/american-manganese-produces-99-99-pure-lithium-sulfate-from-the-recyclico-process/

Reveal hidden contents
American Manganese Produces 99.99% Pure Lithium Sulfate from the RecycLiCo Process

The High Purity Sample of ‘Green’ Lithium was Prepared and Sent to an International Lithium Producer

American Manganese Inc. (“AMY” or the “Company“) is pleased to report the successful production of lithium sulfate (Li2SO4) with 99.99% purity. The bulk sample of lithium sulfate was prepared and sent to an international lithium producer to validate the patented RecycLiCo™ process. 

“We are extremely pleased with the production of 99.99% pure lithium sulfate directly from the most valuable and least environmentally disruptive source of lithium available in the world – which in my opinion is the end-of-life battery,” commented Larry Reaugh, President and CEO of American Manganese. “To produce green batteries, you need ‘green’ lithium, and we are thrilled to be engaged with companies that recognize the promise of RecycLiCo. We are confident that our product will align with the lithium-ion battery industry’s needs, and which will unlock long-term environmental benefits.”

The RecycLiCo™ process first leached lithium-ion battery cathode scrap and black mass material with an extraction efficiency of over 99%. The resulting pregnant leach solution is then coprecipitated to produce cathode precursor material (nickel, cobalt, and manganese). The remaining solution subsequently undergoes separate extraction of high purity lithium sulfate while regenerating process chemicals for the closed-loop process. Together, the cathode precursor and lithium sulfate product accounts for most of the lithium-ion battery’s material value and can be re-integrated into new battery manufacturing.

Throughout American Manganese’s R&D and pilot plant project, the Company successfully produced other lithium derivatives such as lithium hydroxide and lithium carbonate, enabling a robust RecycLiCo™ process that can adapt to the changing needs of the lithium-ion battery industry.

AMY_Lithium_2_PR.jpg 99.99% Pure Lithium Sulfate from Upcycled Lithium-ion Battery Waste

looking at AMYZF information on-line and came across a suggested read; it was about ABML (American Battery Metal Corp) seems quite similar to AMY. Have any of you looked at it (DD) or invested? 
Their charts are very similar (AMY blue line, ABML red line)

image.png.cc9e84e91650685441116ef54362851e.png

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

looking at AMYZF information on-line and came across a suggested read; it was about ABML (American Battery Metal Corp) seems quite similar to AMY. Have any of you looked at it (DD) or invested?

I owned ABML for a while  but sold it last February for a small gain. I think I sold it because AMYZF was farther along in their commercialization process but I really can't remember for sure. I think both processes work so might be time to revisit ABML.

13 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

That is what I'm thinking about, I'd hate to be right about the race (battery recycling) but have bet on the wrong horse. Why not bet on both (or more if there are more)?

looks like ABML got some new executives, raised some cash, now have permits to build their pilot plant in Nevada and construction on the plant has started. so, progress is being made.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

Does it touch 4 today? tomorrow?

3.95 close.

I have to think there are insiders getting on this before an uplist announcement.

And they have been very silent recently, which has to mean uplist is imminent.  I hope they have a pent up list of press releases on contracts or acquisitions that hits right after uplist.

Yeah if the uplist doesn't happen on Thu, I can't see it happening on Fri.  Don't know who controls the exact date but sure seems like ALPP would want to take advantage of a mid-week uplist vs having the announcement cool over the weekend.  Or is Tuesday uplift day?

Anyway I've been on ALPP since it was .06, sold half at .15 (smart) rode up to 9+ and sold at 3.25 because I bought a house and thought I needed the cash.  Ended up not needing as much cash as I thought so I bought back in at 3.17 waiting for the uplift and been holding the bag until late last week.

Everything else has been sucking,  I also have AMYZF so might get in on ABML if ALPP goes so high it forces me to sell some again.

Yeah if the uplist doesn't happen on Thu, I can't see it happening on Fri.  Don't know who controls the exact date but sure seems like ALPP would want to take advantage of a mid-week uplist vs having the announcement cool over the weekend.  Or is Tuesday uplift day?
Anyway I've been on ALPP since it was .06, sold half at .15 (smart) rode up to 9+ and sold at 3.25 because I bought a house and thought I needed the cash.  Ended up not needing as much cash as I thought so I bought back in at 3.17 waiting for the uplift and been holding the bag until late last week.
Everything else has been sucking,  I also have AMYZF so might get in on ABML if ALPP goes so high it forces me to sell some again.
Got in at about. 006 and sat at a loss for 5 months. Sold a little at .011 and .015. Few money. Sold lots more at 2:30 and 3.50 and 4.60. Rode up to 9, sold some on the downswing at around 7. Just sold a few thousands shares and will probably do the same again tomorrow at 4. Probably let the rest ride on the uplift.

I've bought back in on downswings below 3 and then at a little over 2. Current average price for my remaining shares is $1.74.

What a ride.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2