Dr. Anthony Fauci Appreciation Thread

Texas St. Armadillos

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Fuck, yall just reminded me that I need to file my taxes. 

I use an accountant, and every year I get my info to her later and later.  She's become numb.  Still only costs me a few hundy a year, which I am more than willing to pay.

Man, I would hate to be a tax accountant.

4 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I’m pretty much convinced of the following:

1) the virus escaped from the wuhan lab and it was due to negligence of the Chinese;

2) we will never be able to prove number one because the Chinese will prevent us from doing so and likely have already covered it up anyway;  and

3) the nazi fascists republicans will try to convince people that both 1 and 2 are the fault of Biden and the dems.

1) Yep

2) They covered their tracks in 2019.

3) Of course. It's all they do.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I’m pretty much convinced of the following:

1) the virus escaped from the wuhan lab and it was due to negligence of the Chinese;

2) we will never be able to prove number one because the Chinese will prevent us from doing so and likely have already covered it up anyway;  and

3) the nazi fascists republicans will try to convince people that both 1 and 2 are the fault of Biden and the dems.

I believed 1) in your post when I saw this article (I also believe your other points, too):

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/wuhan-residents-estimate-regions-coronavirus-death-toll-much-higher-than-reported

Since 1949, China can not be trusted. Common sense dictates that it is not just a coincidence that this pandemic was caused by a virus and right in the epicenter was China's top virology lab.

One thing I wished Fauci did was to leave open the possibility of the lab leak early on, but he either wanted to play it very safe and/or was concerned about subsequent conclusions drawn if he suggested the lab leak theory (i.e. it was engineered - and honestly given the amount of death in Wuhan, still cannot rule out the possibility it was engineered). Given that the Trump administration was the clusterfuck that it was and the Chinese were obviously covering things up, I am not surprised Fauci, the NIH, or the CDC had access to any intelligence reports of what the fuck was going on in China.

Remember Trump downsized the CDC by at least half (or maybe it was 2/3rd of existing staff that was cut during his administration) because he was allegedly draining the swamp. Considering our CDC had less boots on the ground in China, blame for the pandemic spreading out of China falls on his orange face too. If Trump knew all along, why didn't the dumbfuck credit our intelligence agencies and cite their investigations and reports? It's because he never actually looked into the matter himself and because of his fragile ego. He doesn't get credit because even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

One thing I wished Fauci did was to leave open the possibility of the lab leak early on

He did. 

This is the latest Hillary killed Vince Foster, Hillary killed Seth Rich, Obama the time traveling Manchurian candidate, Clinton Foundation, Obama's a Muslim with a Christian pastor who hates America, Obama funded ISIS, the Democratic Party is an international Satanic pedophile ring, who are also cannibals, Jade Helm, Benghazi, E-mails, 3 to 5 million illegal voters in 2016, Shirley Sherrod discriminating against white farmers, Uranium One, Pandemic is a hoax, but real and actually a Plandemic, "Obamagate" that Trump can't define, Unmasking, Hunter Biden and I'm sure a few others I'm forgetting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

June 31st, July 1st.

Tomato, tomahto.

Speaking of . . . guess who is having a baby. The mother-to-be looks quite lovely. And that is a proud daddy-to-be. She may come to her senses yet. Beautiful garden. My best to the expecting. 

6 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

Her signature looks like it takes her 15 minutes to complete.

I rather doubt that MTG knows how to use footnotes on a word processor.  I'd say bullet points, too, but they are right there in the tool bar.

Edited by TwiceHorn

3 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

He did. 

This is the latest Hillary killed Vince Foster, Hillary killed Seth Rich, Obama the time traveling Manchurian candidate, Clinton Foundation, Obama's a Muslim with a Christian pastor who hates America, Obama funded ISIS, the Democratic Party is an international Satanic pedophile ring, who are also cannibals, Jade Helm, Benghazi, E-mails, 3 to 5 million illegal voters in 2016, Shirley Sherrod discriminating against white farmers, Uranium One, Pandemic is a hoax, but real and actually a Plandemic, "Obamagate" that Trump can't define, Unmasking, Hunter Biden and I'm sure a few others I'm forgetting. 

This. Continuing to undermine trust in our agencies that were/are supposed to be apolitical. Attacking Fauci/NIH has multiple advantages once they retake the H/S/WH. Numbers become even more squishy and distorted once trust and reality are squishy as well. (SEE: other authoritarian regimes and COVID outcomes). It also frees up money to be funneled into predetermined pockets of corruption. (I think NIH 2021 budget proposal is around 40 billion.)

Along with CRT attacks (which attack culture fears of a changing demographic), this is part of the playbook. Ask someone what it is like to be elderly in a fascist government and the answer is that one is no longer useful to the state as one is old and weak and a drain on resources. In the GQP, that means the vote is all that is worthy, everything else is to be discarded. Soon, that vote won't matter either.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I support(ed) both investigations. 

13 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Are you serious trying to suggest it wasn’t necessary and prudent?

10 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Are you serious with your reading comprehension?

Doesn't seem like unwarranted snark. 

Excuse me not reading and memorizing every single one of your posts. 

You easily could of have stated you supported the investigation in your response. Actually, rereading, you could have stated your position more clearly. Trump was investigated within 4 months therefore Covid should have a special counsel within 4 months. 

Edited by Neonmoon

5 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Excuse me not reading and memorizing every single one of your posts. 

You easily could of have stated you supported the investigation in your response. Actually, rereading, you could have stated your position more clearly. Trump was investigated within 4 months therefore Covid should have a special counsel within 4 months. 

Jeez. It was the first post in the exchange with DA yesterday. Nobody is expecting you to memorize anything. Tracking that exchange requires about 30 seconds of active working memory while you scroll down the page.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand.

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/5/2021 at 10:37 PM, UDontKnow said:

I believed 1) in your post when I saw this article (I also believe your other points, too):

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/wuhan-residents-estimate-regions-coronavirus-death-toll-much-higher-than-reported

Since 1949, China can not be trusted. Common sense dictates that it is not just a coincidence that this pandemic was caused by a virus and right in the epicenter was China's top virology lab.

One thing I wished Fauci did was to leave open the possibility of the lab leak early on, but he either wanted to play it very safe and/or was concerned about subsequent conclusions drawn if he suggested the lab leak theory (i.e. it was engineered - and honestly given the amount of death in Wuhan, still cannot rule out the possibility it was engineered). Given that the Trump administration was the clusterfuck that it was and the Chinese were obviously covering things up, I am not surprised Fauci, the NIH, or the CDC had access to any intelligence reports of what the fuck was going on in China.

Remember Trump downsized the CDC by at least half (or maybe it was 2/3rd of existing staff that was cut during his administration) because he was allegedly draining the swamp. Considering our CDC had less boots on the ground in China, blame for the pandemic spreading out of China falls on his orange face too. If Trump knew all along, why didn't the dumbfuck credit our intelligence agencies and cite their investigations and reports? It's because he never actually looked into the matter himself and because of his fragile ego. He doesn't get credit because even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Jesus christ, the head of the CDC very early on stated publicly that this virus came from a lab, not from natural spill over.  He was labeled a racist, castigated and received fucking death threats.  Can we put this tired narrative that "funding" played even the smallest of roles in catching/containing this.  

19 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Jeez. It was the first post in the exchange with DA yesterday. Nobody is expecting you to memorize anything. Tracking that exchange requires about 30 seconds of active working memory while you scroll down the page.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand.

Yeah, yeah, Daily Caller - still, reiterates what was stated earlier that the grants from the NIH that Fauci controls had zero oversight or controls in place to manage and monitor what type of research was actually being done.

Lack of NIH oversight

An NIH grant that involved the modification of bat-based coronaviruses and the transfer of $600,000 to the Wuhan Institute of Virology prior to the pandemic bypassed P3CO review because the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, led by Anthony Fauci, didn't flag the project for review.

58 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Jesus christ, the head of the CDC very early on stated publicly that this virus came from a lab, not from natural spill over.  He was labeled a racist, castigated and received fucking death threats.  Can we put this tired narrative that "funding" played even the smallest of roles in catching/containing this.  

No because clearly you don't understand how the CDC works. The previous head of the CDC was emasculated by Trump (not unlike many other bureaucrats) so honestly it was hard to discern his opinion from Trump's opinion. I don't think Redfield deserved to be labeled a racist and receive death threats. That was an unnecessary reaction from over the top SJW types.

If the CDC had more people in the field (meaning in China and around the world), they could have sounded the alarm back home weeks if not months earlier once it became clear there was an infectious disease cluster taking place in China and Wuhan specifically. You need to acknowledge the fact that regardless of the origin of this virus, our nation should have been prepared to respond swiftly and appropriately to the threat (and that is why America has military and scientific intelligence across the globe). Instead the 'pandemic playbook' that was in place within the federal government for a decade was ignored because Trump and his cronies don't give a shit about anyone but themselves. 

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

No because clearly you don't understand how the CDC works. The previous head of the CDC was emasculated by Trump (not unlike many other bureaucrats) so honestly it was hard to discern his opinion from Trump's opinion. I don't think Redfield deserved to be labeled a racist and receive death threats. That was an unnecessary reaction from over the top SJW types.

If the CDC had more people in the field (meaning in China and around the world), they could have sounded the alarm back home weeks if not months earlier once it became clear there was an infectious disease cluster taking place in China and Wuhan specifically. You need to acknowledge the fact that regardless of the origin of this virus, our nation should have been prepared to respond swiftly and appropriately to the threat (and that is why America has military and scientific intelligence across the globe). Instead the 'pandemic playbook' that was in place within the federal government for a decade was ignored because Trump and his cronies don't give a shit about anyone but themselves. 

Bull.  This is TDS nonsense.  Emasculated? So you are intimating that Redfield was willing to risk actual death threats to pump this agenda (that we now see as more than likely correct) given from to top down by Trump himself to parrot to the media?  That's your take?  Really?

You had legions of scientists from across the globe sounding the alarm.  You had prominent scientists here in the state's as the emails verify sounding the alarm.  Again, you had Redfield, HEAD OF THE CDC sounding the alarm.  

Then you had Fauci and his NIH cronies summarily dismissing all of it - dismissing in my opinion because it clearly implicated us.  There is zero chance they didn't know the ACE2 GOF research being done.  I say zero because some of it was published prior to the outbreak.  ZERO.  

This new talking point about "funding" is tired and weak.  

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

Bull.  This is TDS nonsense.  Emasculated? So you are intimating that Redfield was willing to risk actual death threats to pump this agenda (that we now see as more than likely correct) given from to top down by Trump himself to parrot to the media?  That's your take?  Really?

You had legions of scientists from across the globe sounding the alarm.  You had prominent scientists here in the state's as the emails verify sounding the alarm.  Again, you had Redfield, HEAD OF THE CDC sounding the alarm.  

Then you had Fauci and his NIH cronies summarily dismissing all of it - dismissing in my opinion because it clearly implicated us.  There is zero chance they didn't know the ACE2 GOF research being done.  I say zero because some of it was published prior to the outbreak.  ZERO.  

What is TDS?

Your argument about Redfield risking death threats was nonsensical. You know who else got death threats? Dr. Fauci? You know else who likely gets death threats? The American president.

The CDC funding argument stands objectively apart from the research being done in Wuhan. You can't seem to separate the two. I have already stated in one of my previous posts that I wish Fauci hadn't shut down the lab leak theory immediately and then I was corrected that Fauci actually left open that possibility. So your responding to my posts is actually unnecessary. 

Moving forward, I hope the NIH no longer gives funding to bad actors like China. I understand the reasons why this practice has taken place and I don't doubt that it had good intentions, but as I have always maintained China (or any authoritarian regime for that matter) can't be trusted.

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

Your argument about Redfield risking death threats was nonsensical. You know who else got death threats? Dr. Fauci? You know else who likely gets death threats? The American president.

These were not random idiots on twitter.  These were from fellow scientists.  Let that sink in.  Why would other scientists become so incensed that they would issue actual threats of bodily harm to a fellow virologist?  Politics?  Outrage and labeling maybe.  Racist, etc.  But not death.  That has to be personal.  To threaten their very livelihood and life's work.

And who happened to be the particular scientists?  Pediatricians and ortho guys?  No.  They were all GOF scientists who quickly realized the implications leading to back to their very livelihood and for many, their entire careers. 

THAT is what garners actual death threats from your peers.  When you threaten their life's work.  As was his public summation at to why (Redfield's in the interview)

6 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I hope the NIH no longer gives funding to bad actors like China

And who controls ALL the NIH funding?  Fauci?  Who (as stated a few posts up) conveniently didn't flag the HHS (as is required) to the nature of the type of research being done?

A National Institutes of Health grant that funded a lab in Wuhan, China to study genetically modify bat-based coronaviruses was never reviewed by an HHS oversight board. The board was never even informed of its existence.

And why Wuhan?  Why did they have to operate in the shadows?  Was it maybe because the prior administration shut them down in 2014.  And they had to operate under the nose of the then administration who wasn't even aware it was being done until two cables in 2018 raised the alarm on the dangerous work being done and laughable security protocols in place.  

27 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

These were not random idiots on twitter.  These were from fellow scientists.  Let that sink in.  Why would other scientists become so incensed that they would issue actual threats of bodily harm to a fellow virologist?  Politics?  Outrage and labeling maybe.  Racist, etc.  But not death.  That has to be personal.  To threaten their very livelihood and life's work.

And why Wuhan?  Why did they have to operate in the shadows?  Was it maybe because the prior administration shut them down in 2014.  And they had to operate under the nose of the then administration who wasn't even aware it was being done until two cables in 2018 raised the alarm on the dangerous work being done and laughable security protocols in place.  

LOL. Your attempt to blame Obama for the pandemic is laughable and pathetic. 

Also you got a link to the supposed death threats from scientists because that sounds like made up bullshit. 

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Did I miss the link to proof that scientists sent death threats to the head of the CDC?

If there’s one thing I know about scientists, they’re always going around issuing death threats against each other.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Also you got a link to the supposed death threats from scientists because that sounds like made up bullshit. 

LOL Obama should get all the credit.  As stated, the administration in 2014 (hint, that was when he was in office) shut this shit down, citing outbreak concerns.  Good on him. 

In 2017 (hint, that was after Obama was out of office) was when the NIH bypassed the HHS and moved all operations to Wuhan.

And the threats have already been posted earlier in the thread.  

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

LOL Obama should get all the credit.  As stated, the administration in 2014 (hint, that was when he was in office) shut this shit down, citing outbreak concerns.  Good on him. 

In 2017 (hint, that was after Obama was out of office) was when the NIH bypassed the HHS and moved all operations to Wuhan.

And the threats have already been posted earlier in the thread.  

So you’re full of shit.  I’m not searching 13 pages to prove that. You’re doing just fine on your own. 

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Did I miss the link to proof that scientists sent death threats to the head of the CDC?

Threats from peers against redfield

Death threats

"I was threatened and ostracized because I proposed another hypothesis," he said. "I expected it from politicians. I didn't expect it from science."

There are dozens of more publications that cite back to the original expose that he went public on this theory and the rabid response and vitriol from his scientific peers.  

Apparently it comes from the Vanity Fair article that was posted:

In late March, former Centers for Disease Control director Robert Redfield received death threats from fellow scientists after telling CNN that he believed COVID-19 had originated in a lab. “I was threatened and ostracized because I proposed another hypothesis,” Redfield told Vanity Fair. “I expected it from politicians. I didn’t expect it from science.”

I haven't read the whole article, but the line about death threats from scientists seems to be supported only by the quote that follows, which doesn't actually say he received death threats from scientists. That seems like sloppy journalism. 

14 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Uh, he is saying that Obama shut the shit down and Fauci and Collins did an end around when they had the first opportunity to start it back up again on the down low. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Apparently it comes from the Vanity Fair article that was posted:

In late March, former Centers for Disease Control director Robert Redfield received death threats from fellow scientists after telling CNN that he believed COVID-19 had originated in a lab. “I was threatened and ostracized because I proposed another hypothesis,” Redfield told Vanity Fair. “I expected it from politicians. I didn’t expect it from science.”

I haven't read the whole article, but the line about death threats from scientists seems to be supported only by the quote that follows, which doesn't actually say he received death threats from scientists. That seems like sloppy journalism. 

He later clarified the threat types on follow up interviews.  Threats from scientists.  Why?  Your own point about scientists threatening one another NEVER happens in normal circles.  So what got them all riled up - seems easy to see it was a direct threat to their very livelihood and life's research would accomplish that quite well.  

Again, the lab leak opens the door to implicating us, specifically the GOF work being done that we knew about all along.  

Did he clarify in follow up interviews whether he actually got death threats from scientists? Professional consequences and social ostracization I can see, those things happen every day in every field. A scientist making a non-anonymous death threat though is pretty unbelievable.

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Yknow.  Who gives a fuck where the virus came from.  In some sense it's relevant, but for the past year it has been highly irrelevant.  Whether lab-created or lab-leaked or both has shit to do with our response.

Now, I suppose you could argue that if it had been lab-created, the Chinese could have been somehow compelled to give over the lab-creation data, which might have expedited some aspect of the response, like vaccine formulation.  But, even if it was  lab-created, I don't think the Chinese would ever admit that.

Frankly, we had bigger fish to fry than trying to determine the origin of the virus.  Until some point in the future, when the virus is mostly in the rear-view mirror, it remains an academic question.

• Hook 'Em 1

Right. I'm still laughing a bit inside about the idiocy someone posted about how we could've "trained our fire" on China if we'd known it leaked from a lab last year. What the fuck does that even mean? Like, instead of testing and tracing (which we didn't even do) we should've bombed China? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Did he clarify in follow up interviews whether he actually got death threats from scientists? Professional consequences and social ostracization I can see, those things happen every day in every field. A scientist making a non-anonymous death threat though is pretty unbelievable.

Not unbelievable in the context of the threats to the very nature of the research in question.  This is why Obama shut them down.  The dangers of the possibility of an outbreak (which we know happens all the time).  The very field itself of GOF research could have been called into question.  The very livelihood of an entire scientific community.  Again, it wasn't the astronomers, orthos, and physicists threatening him.  It were the GOF virologists and researchers.

This is why the implications for Fauci are so strong.  The NIH knew the exact nature of the work being done, and the inherent backlash to the scientists and the entire field in general if an outbreak did in fact happen (which seems very, very likely). 

Look at the timelines and responses.  

WIV database with all info on viruses WIV had collected and were working on is taken off the internet by China in Sept, 2019

Then in Feb (from the emails):  Peter Daszak and 26 other scientists signed a letter that appeared in The Lancet. "We stand together to strongly condemn conspiracy theories suggesting that COVID-19 does not have a natural origin," it stated. Peter drafted it, reached out to fellow scientists to sign it, and worked behind the scenes to make it seem that the letter represented the views of a broad range of scientists. "This statement will not have the EcoHealth Alliance logo on it and will not be identifiable as coming from any one organization or person," he wrote in his pitch to the co-signatories.  This was done to try and cement down the natural spill over theory.

Same year - two state department bureaus warned Thomas Dinnano not to investigate lab leak theory because it would open a can of worms for the US (and we come full circle)

Can of worms

Edited by BabaYaga

34 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yknow.  Who gives a fuck where the virus came from.

Is this a joke?  3+ million people dead.  You think knowing the origin of the virus might have been a novel idea in knowing how it operates?  JFC.  Early on nobody knew anything about it, it's MO, possible treatment/containment options, etc.  

9 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Is this a joke?  3+ million people dead.  You think knowing the origin of the virus might have been a novel idea in knowing how it operates?  JFC.  Early on nobody knew anything about it, it's MO, possible treatment/containment options, etc.  

Knowing that it was lab-created, as I said, might have been a benefit, if we could have gotten that information and the details out of China.

Fat fucking chance, there.

3 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Yeah, yeah, Daily Caller - still, reiterates what was stated earlier that the grants from the NIH that Fauci controls had zero oversight or controls in place to manage and monitor what type of research was actually being done.

Lack of NIH oversight

Maybe because it was $600,000.  The NIH distributes almost $32 billion annually.  And there's some evidence that the $600k was over a period of five years.  So even on an annualized basis, that's 0.002% of the NIH's total outlay.  While that's not NIAID's fraction, it's probably more like $120k on an annual basis.

That's a fucking pittance for biomedical research.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Knowing that it was lab-created, as I said, might have been a benefit, if we could have gotten that information and the details out of China.

Fat fucking chance, there.

I'm pretty sure global pressure from virtually every developed nation on earth is a good place to start?  This just throwing our hands and saying "ah shucks" is absurd....especially in the context of how savagely people earlier trying to posit this theory were attacked and censored.

We have the congressional report that is rather obvious in it's assertion that with initial help, and not lies and obfuscation, the severity of the outbreak could have been mitigated by as much as 95%.  We're talking millions of lives lost and trillions in economic disaster.  You don't just shrug that shit off.  

32 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Trump was calling the virus a Democratic hoax at a rally on Feb 28 of last year. He routinely minimized, dismissed, and outright lied about the threat. He discouraged wearing masks. At the Republican National Convention they spoke of the pandemic in the past tense, as if it was already over. A week before the election Trump and his idiot son told us that all talk of the virus would disappear on Nov 4. Do you think knowing whether it leaked from a wet market or a lab would’ve changed any of that?

You’re a fucking moron. Stay in your hut and shut the fuck up. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Maybe because it was $600,000.  The NIH distributes almost $32 billion annually.  And there's some evidence that the $600k was over a period of five years.  So even on an annualized basis, that's 0.002% of the NIH's total outlay.  While that's not NIAID's fraction, it's probably more like $120k on an annual basis.

That's a fucking pittance for biomedical research.  

Come on man.  That's weak sauce and you know it.  It's more than a half million dollars.  You bet your ass that's tracked, especially for the intent.  It's not $600K to upgrade all the copy machines....it's for bio-research with a deadly pathogen.  By design that has to get HHS oversight approval.  

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Trumpe was calling the virus a Democratic hoax at a rally on Feb 28 of last year. He routinely minimized, dismissed, and outright lied about the threat. He discouraged wearing masks. At the Republican National Convention they spoke of the pandemic in the past tense, as if it was already over. A week before the election Trump and his idiot son told us that all talk of the virus would disappear on Nov 4. Do you think knowing whether it leaked from a wet market or a lab would’ve changed any of that?

You’re a fucking moron. Stay in your hut and shut the fuck up. 

You feel better now sparky?  Need a snickers?