Dr. Anthony Fauci Appreciation Thread

Texas St. Armadillos

14 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I'm not trying to mischaracterize your positions and I don't appreciate the snide "of course."

Well I don’t appreciate you mischaracterizing my positions, which you know you are. Or at least should know.

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Well I don’t appreciate you mischaracterizing my positions, which you know you are. Or at least should know.

How would I know that? I know you support investigating China. I've only seen you post memes and snide remarks about Russian derangement syndrome or something like that. What am I missing? Was my post correct? Is it just because that topic is already covered? This is a sincere question. I mean, did you or do you support investigating Russia's conduct in messing with our elections? I know you think it isn't as important as others on this board. But that's it because the only posts I recall were criticisms of others for obsessing too much about Russia, just like your meme that precipitated my question. 

27 minutes ago, tchookem said:
3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:
THIS IS THE WHOLE NARRATIVE OF THIS NONSENSE 

It is sad beyond expression that every action of the right is motivated by a deflection of Trump malfeasance.

It's fucking insane.  It's as if an arsonist set a fire (bad, and we should find that out and deal with it), and also, our fire department - that we pay for with our tax dollars and depend on to keep us from burning to death - spent days insisting that there really wasn't a fire, and if there was, it wasn't a big deal, and the only reason people think there's a big fire is because they keep showing video of the places where there's actual fire, and we have thousands of people with garden hoses, they should take care of it themselves.

I gotta tell ya....whether or not the fire was STARTED by an arsonist doesn't make a lick of difference in how shittily our Fire Department responded to it.  In fact, one of the REASONS we have a Fire Department is to deal quickly and decisively with all fires, including those started by arson.  So, if it didn't do so....that's a problem that "but it was arson!" doesn't provide any relief or absolution from.

2 hours ago, lmao said:

Can you be in the camp that doesn't gaf about right or left conspiracy theories or a political scoreboard and just wants this properly investigated? 

Pretty sure I've posted before about wanting this properly investigated.  Origins.  Global response.  US response.  All of it.  Lay it open.  I just think it's mildly amusing that we have a bunch of amateur microbiologist/epidemiologists on here all of a sudden. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

China completely disavowed the wet market theory early on in the pandemic.  Try again.

What we do have are mountains of circumstantial evidence for the lab leak and virtually nothing for the spill over theory other than a magic pangolin walking a thousand miles and biting someone and them disappearing with ZERO trace anywhere along the way.  But sure...

That you think this is a real reply tells me all I need to know about you.  You are just pretending to be interested, this is theater to you.   

The “China made COVID to stop Trump’s re-election” theory assumes that being president during a national crisis is bad for re-election chances. In hindsight, he lost because of how unbelievably poorly he managed the crisis, but had he done what every other president in American history would have done, or even just nothing but cheerlead for the experts, he probably would have easily won re-election.

That he would make disastrous decision after disastrous decision over and over again couldn’t have been assumed in late 2019. Trump used COVID to undermine his re-election.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

How would I know that? I know you support investigating China. I've only seen you post memes and snide remarks about Russian derangement syndrome or something like that. What am I missing? Was my post correct? Is it just because that topic is already covered? This is a sincere question. I mean, did you or do you support investigating Russia's conduct in messing with our elections? I know you think it isn't as important as others on this board. But that's it because the only posts I recall were criticisms of others for obsessing too much about Russia, just like your meme that precipitated my question. 

[read by anastasis]

The “China made COVID to stop Trump’s re-election” theory assumes that being president during a national crisis is bad for re-election chances. In hindsight, he lost because of how unbelievably poorly he managed the crisis, but had he done what every other president in American history would have done, or even just nothing but cheerlead for the experts, he probably would have easily won re-election.
That he would make disastrous decision after disastrous decision over and over again couldn’t have been assumed in late 2019. Trump used COVID to undermine his re-election.

All of this. That Orange Gibbon walks all over Biden to a second term if he even half way addressed this like something other than the dementia addled adderall fueled narcissistic asshole that he is.

Go answer your phone to nobody like your dad did when he was at the same point.

And again not any of that means that points on looking into all of this more critically doesn’t stand. It’s just that when it comes to Trump himself we don’t really need to dig much to figure out what a fucking child he was. Other issues may be less transparent.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I'm not saying I hope this is the case or that I would condone it, at all, but frankly I would not be  surprised in the least if China manufactured the fucking virus and intentionally let it out knowing what would happen and that they did it to ensure that Trump did not get a second term as president.  I really wouldn't.  If I'm China, I'm that pissed at him over all the trade war bullshit and worried about what the fuck he might do militarily or otherwise.  The odds are nil of anyone able to conduct an independent investigation inside China to find out the truth, so they would never get caught.

I'm not saying I hope this is the case or that I would condone it, at all, but frankly I would not be surprised in the least if Trump manufactured the fucking virus and intentionally let it out knowing what would happen and that he did it to ensure that China did not win the trade war. I really wouldn't.  If I'm China, I'm that pissed at him over all virus bullshit and worried about what the fuck he might do militarily or otherwise. The odds are nil of anyone able to conduct an independent investigation inside the Trump administration to find out the truth, so they would never get caught.

/brainworms

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mole said:

My thoughts as well...  Thank God he's a total fuck up or we'd be dealing with 4 more years of his bullshit. 

17 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

LOL. Stupid post of the day. Congrats.

The Chinese did it intentionally to fuck over trump! That must be it!

What it presupposes is that China doesn't want Trump.  If you believe that he was actually "hard on them" in the trade agreements, maybe that's plausible.  But like Russia, I rather imagine China enjoys seeing the chaos and distraction.  Of course, it actually probably got worse once he lost.

Speaking of trade agreements, has anyone seen a rational analysis of them?  Because I have a very hard time believing that Trump didn't get completely pantsed.  But I suppose the actual trade negotiators could have done a decent job.  The tariff wars were not reassuring, though.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

What it presupposes is that China doesn't want Trump.  If you believe that he was actually "hard on them" in the trade agreements, maybe that's plausible.  But like Russia, I rather imagine China enjoys seeing the chaos and distraction.  Of course, it actually probably got worse once he lost.

Speaking of trade agreements, has anyone seen a rational analysis of them?  Because I have a very hard time believing that Trump didn't get completely pantsed.  But I suppose the actual trade negotiators could have done a decent job.  The tariff wars were not reassuring, though.

For me whether or not China wanted trump to continue to be president is a much tougher question than Russia who obviously wanted trump since they helped him get elected. 

While China wants to overtake America for global supremacy they also rely on trade with us and own a lot of our debt. If you went to dinner with your banker or a client and started snorting lines of coke on the dinner table I doubt he/she would be all that happy about it. I think that’s kinda how the Chinese viewed trump America. 

15 hours ago, Anastasis said:

15 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

How would I know that?

By maybe paying attention to what you read on this board? I mean, it's not like there aren't in depth threads that run multiple years and hundreds of pages that you have been an active participant in. 

I've only seen you post memes and snide remarks about Russian derangement syndrome or something like that. 

See how dishonest you are being.

This is a sincere question.

No it's not.  You got triggered by a MM meme because somebody made a joke directed towards Hugo. 

I mean, did you or do you support investigating Russia's conduct in messing with our elections?

I mean, it's almost like there is a written record of such things where you were an active participant in the discussions. 

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

By maybe paying attention to what you read on this board? I mean, it's not like there aren't in depth threads that run multiple years and hundreds of pages that you have been an active participant in. 

See how dishonest you are being.

No it's not.  You got triggered by a MM meme because somebody made a joke directed towards Hugo. 

I mean, it's almost like there is a written record of such things where you were an active participant in the discussions. 

Seriously, I have no idea what your issue is. You're the one that appears to be triggered by my question. Why can't you just state your opinion? It was just a question as to why there seemed to be a perceived difference in your treatment of Russia and China. How have I mischaracterized anything? Is the answer just that Russia is well covered on this site so there is no need to flog the lilly? Again, I know you think others are too obsessed with Russia, and you're probably right. But I really don't know what your opinion is on the subject beyond that.

I guess my point is that you seem as on board the criticize China train as others were on board the criticize Russia train. I just find your hostility to those that discuss Russia strange given that.

Edited by Dahobbs

21 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Seriously, I have no idea what your issue is.

tenor.gif

In all seriousness, I generally respect you as a poster.  You are not dumb.  I think that you pay attention. I don't understand why you act like you don't, other than rhetoric. 

Edited by Anastasis

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

tenor.gif

In all seriousness, I generally respect you as a poster.  You are not dumb.  I think that you pay attention. I don't understand why you act like you don't, other than rhetoric. 

You can call it ignorance or forgetfulness if you want, but it is sincere. I'm really not trying to pull your chain or anything, I'm just curious what distinction, if any, you see between the two investigations. 

17 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Regardless of the origin, the priority should be to build up a better defense strategy against pandemics because this one was catastrophic.  

Not ignoring and dismantling the strategy put in place by the previous administration would be a world of improvement regardless of the origin. 

18 hours ago, CowboyFred said:

Wasn’t planning on posting in this thread at all but had to comment on something else that came up.  Who the fuck isn’t supporting an investigation into 1/6?  Some of you really think “nah we don’t need to look into how or why some pieces of shit rubbed literal shit on the walls of the capitol.”  I mean a fucking confederate flag was marched through that bitch!!! Fuck off and die in a fucking fire traitor pieces of shit 

out.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

tenor.gif

I mean, expecting another poster to remember or go through years old threads to find your opinion on a subject is being difficult just to be difficult. You can easily sum up your opinion if you wanted to engage in an honest conversation. 

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

You can call it ignorance or forgetfulness if you want, but it is sincere. I'm really not trying to pull your chain or anything, I'm just curious what distinction, if any, you see between the two investigations. 

One has actually been conducted by the US government and the other has not. This isn't that hard. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I mean, expecting another poster to remember or go through years old threads to find your opinion on a subject is being difficult just to be difficult. You can easily sum up your opinion if you wanted to engage in an honest conversation. 

I know that expecting certain posters here to pay attention is too much to ask. Especially too much to ask when those posters presume to characterize your own positions. 

Edited by Anastasis

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

One has actually been conducted by the US government and the other has not. This isn't that hard. 

Uh... what? I was talking about investigating China for their deceptions and failures regarding the origin of the virus and investigating Russia for its meddling in our elections. They both also have US bits I suppose, with the Chinese laboratory having (very) loose connections to the CDC and Fauci and Russia having connections and influence and a variety of levels of our government. I'm not seeing what distinction you're drawing. 

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Uh... what? I was talking about investigating China for their deceptions and failures regarding the origin of the virus and investigating Russia for its meddling in our elections. They both also have US bits I suppose, with the Chinese laboratory having (very) loose connections to the CDC and Fauci and Russia having connections and influence and a variety of levels of our government. I'm not seeing what distinction you're drawing. 

You've been struggling since yesterday afternoon over a joke meme.

One of the two things you are discussing has been rigorously investigated by the US government, the other has not. I support(ed) both investigations. 

Struggle less brother. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I know that expecting certain posters here to pay attention is too much to ask. Especially too much to ask when those posters presume to characterize your own positions. 

What is your position?

Here is mine:

(1) we should investigate China's failures and deceptions regarding the origin of the virus.

(2) We should investigate our own government's failures in handling the virus, including any attempts to cover up the virus' origin (although, again, I've seen no real evidence of that). 

(3) We should investigate Russia's meddling in our domestic affairs, including hacking of election systems and attempts to unduly influence elected officials. 

(4) We should investigate our own government's election security system failures and certainly investigate, individuals who have colluded with Russia against US interests, and any associated cover ups. 

I took your prior posts to mean that we agreed on (1) and (2). I think we also agree on (3) and (4), but you believe they are less important. Is that correct? Or do you disagree on points (3) and/or (4)?

Edited by Dahobbs

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

You've been struggling since yesterday afternoon over a joke meme.

One of the two things you are discussing has been rigorously investigated by the US government, the other has not. I support(ed) both investigations. 

Struggle less brother. 

Great, that's literally the point of clarification I asked for in the second post. Why couldn't you just say that? You made this much more complicated than it had to be for no discernable reason. 

We couldn’t beat China back beyond the 38th parallel. Wtf does it matter whether it came from animals or a lab? What are we going to do about it? Go to war with them and turn them into a Western-style democracy like we did with Germany and Japan? Okay, let’s go!

To paraphrase a Bible verse, we should be more concerned about the board in our own eye before we consider the board in our brother’s eye. The Trump administration engaged in the same sort of misinformation campaign as the authoritarian regimes that are our traditional adversaries, just like China in this case. Let’s investigate THAT. This is nothing but another distraction to the incompetence of the Trump/Pence regime that cost hundreds of thousands of unnecessary American deaths. If you’re a Trump supporter, you have blood on your hands. Of course you’re looking to point the blame elsewhere. 

Fauci has been known and respected by Republicans and Democrats alike for decades. But along comes the idiot Donald Trump and his legions of idiot followers and suddenly Fauci is demonized because he dared to contradict the moronic ramblings of Trump, a man so fucking stupid that he actually suggested that injecting disinfectant into the human body might be an effective way of fighting a virus. I mean, seriously, if you’re a Trump supporter then you’re a fucking idiot. Period. What the fuck is wrong with you? When, where, and how did you lose your way? Have you always been this dumb? I’ll never understand. Is it just because you couldn’t handle the idea of a black President or is it because you think the character Trump portrayed on his reality TV show was reality and not fiction?

I wish I would’ve known when I was much younger that so many people are so stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

What is your position?

Here is mine:

(1) we should investigate China's failures and deceptions regarding the origin of the virus.

(2) We should investigate our own government's failures in handling the virus, including any attempts to cover up the virus' origin (although, again, I've seen no real evidence of that). 

(3) We should investigate Russia's meddling in our domestic affairs, including hacking of election systems and attempts to unduly influence elected officials. 

(4) We should investigate our own government's election security system failures and certainly investigate, individuals who have colluded with Russia against US interests, and any associated cover ups. 

I took your prior posts to mean that we agreed on (1) and (2). I think we also agree on (3) and (4), but you believe they are less important. Is that correct? Or do you disagree on points (3) and/or (4)?

There is nothing I disagree with here, I haven't suggested any rating or prioritization, and you would know that if you paid attention instead of going white knight over a joke directed at Hugo.

Now answer this, which of the four items you listed is the only one that the US government actually invested any amount of substantial time and investigative resources on?  Then ask yourself why that is, and then share the thought bubble you come up with with the board. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

There is nothing I disagree with here, I haven't suggested any rating or prioritization, and you would know that if you paid attention instead of going white knight over a joke directed at Hugo.

Now answer this, which of the four items you listed is the only one that the US government actually invested any amount of substantial time and investigative resources on?  Then ask yourself why that is, and then share the thought bubble you come up with with the board. 

Dude, I don't give a fuck about Hugo. Frankly, it didn't even register that you were talking to or about him. I just found the apparent juxtaposition of your attitudes about China and Russia intriguing. 

To answer your question:

(1) and (3). I don't know that signicant government resources have been directed at (2) or (4) yet unfortunately. If your question is why has more been done on Russia than China to this point, I'd answer time (5+ years of election meddling vs 1 year of covid) and priorities. While China's actions have sucked, at least in this instance it almost certainly wasn't a hostile attack on our government. And I don't know that we have an effective way to combat negligence\recklessness worldwide. It is good to address China's failure in order to learn from them and hopefully lessen the chance of another incident, but it is more important to evaluate and improve on our own response to something that is envitably going to happen again. More focus should be on what we can control. 

What I don't see is any real indication of a cover up of the CDC funding China's research that led to the release of the virus. That requires stacking speculation upon speculation upon a bunch of turtles. I very much doubt that is the reason any differential in resources spent on the investigations. Simpler and more obvious explanations are what I said above. 

22 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Frankly, it didn't even register that you were talking to or about him.

Again, just pay attention buddy. That's all I have been asking.

30 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

If your question is why has more been done on Russia than China to this point, I'd answer time (5+ years of election meddling vs 1 year of covid) and priorities.

Trump was sworn into office in Jan, there was a special counsel in May.

More Americans have died during this pandemic than all US combat related deaths throughout history. 

You are talking about memes of jesus arm wrestling satan/hillary and "we can beat it together" anti-masturbation posts in terms of priorities.

Try to be serious here. 

We need a rigorous broad scope review and investigation. Internal, external, Trump, China, bureaucracies. Leave no stone unturned.  

But you all know that our political dysfunction will not allow for it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

LOL, you know why....

4 hours ago, Anastasis said:

More Americans have died during this pandemic than all US combat related deaths throughout history. 

You are talking about memes of jesus arm wrestling satan/hillary and "we can beat it together" anti-masturbation posts in terms of priorities.

Try to be serious here. 

We need a rigorous broad scope review and investigation. Internal, external, Trump, China, bureaucracies. Leave no stone unturned.  

There’s one problem with that, the lab is in China and they don’t want us looking at it. Slight problem there.

On the other hand with Russia, the American traitors are right here in the good old USA. Makes things a little easier. It’s why manafort and stone were convicted by American juries and thrown into American prisons until the traitor president pardoned them for their“process crimes” ie lying their asses off, showing he was grateful they never actually ratted on him. Like a good mob boss would.

Unless you think you’ve figured out how to get the Chinese to allow us unfettered access to prove they fucked up. Otherwise not much we can do about it.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Try to be serious here. 

Trump’s campaign was investigated because there was evidence he was meeting with known Russian agents. His son met with Russian agents about dirt on his political rival. His campaign manager provided polling data to known Russian intel officers. There is proof of this. He was convicted of it.  I still can’t believe any serious person brings this up like America shouldn’t investigate that. Are you serious trying to suggest it wasn’t necessary and prudent?

I agree we need an investigation into Covid as well. Investigate everything. But we ain’t getting shit for information or truth out of China, and we both know it. We could put sanctions though. I think people attacking Faucci is hilarious and doesn’t warrant serious response. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m pretty much convinced of the following:

1) the virus escaped from the wuhan lab and it was due to negligence of the Chinese;

2) we will never be able to prove number one because the Chinese will prevent us from doing so and likely have already covered it up anyway;  and

3) the nazi fascists republicans will try to convince people that both 1 and 2 are the fault of Biden and the dems.

• Like 2