Dr. Anthony Fauci Appreciation Thread

Texas St. Armadillos

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

If we didn’t have the lame DEEP STATE CDC then the real docs would have knocked this out with bleach and malaria pills.

Investigation of the CDC incompetence that lead to the early failures in test deployment and adjacent FDA red tape needs to be part of the investigation. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Serious question, did you have any idea what ACE2 receptors were till Fox News started pushing this story? Had you even seen the acronym?  I sure as shit didn’t. Maybe, just maybe, the partisan media isn’t the place to debate what research was and wasn’t good. 

Of course I didn't.  But when I heard a virus targeting ACE2 receptors in people's lungs popped up RIGHT NEXT to a level 4 biolab doing research on corona viruses that bind to ACE2 receptors, it kind of got my fucking attention.  

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Investigation of the CDC incompetence that lead to the early failures in test deployment and adjacent FDA red tape needs to be part of the investigation. 

Agreed, but again, the head of the CDC stated very early that this virus more than likely originated in a lab.....and he was bashed repeatedly, called a racist, etc.  

Just now, BabaYaga said:

Of course I didn't.  But when I heard a virus targeting ACE2 receptors in people's lungs popped up RIGHT NEXT to a level 4 biolab doing research on corona viruses that bind to ACE2 receptors, it kind of got my fucking attention.  

Prior spillover studies used Wuhan as the negative control precisely because it is in a location that was unlikely to have spillover from bat species. 

TrUst tHe sCieNce.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6178078/

In this study, we performed serological surveillance on people who live in close proximity to caves where bats that carry diverse SARSr-CoVs roost. In October 2015, we collected serum samples from 218 residents in four villages in Jinning County, Yunnan province, China (Fig. 1A), located 1.1–6.0 km from two caves (Yanzi and Shitou). We have been conducting longitudinal molecular surveillance of bats for CoVs in these caves since 2011 and have found that they are inhabited by large numbers of bats including Rhinolophus spp., a major reservoir of SARSr-CoVs. This region was not involved in the 2002–2003 SARS outbreaks and none of the subjects exhibited any evident respiratory illness during sampling. Among those sampled, 139 are female and 79 male, and the median age is 48 (range 12–80). Occupational data were obtained for 208 (95.4%) participants: 85.3% farmers and 8.7% students. Most (81.2%) kept or owned livestock or pets, and the majority (97.2%) had a history of exposure to or contact with livestock or wild animals. Importantly, 20 (9.1%) participants witnessed bats flying close to their houses, and one had handled a bat corpse. As a control, we also collected 240 serum samples from random blood donors in 2015 in Wuhan, Hubei Province more than 1000 km away from Jinning (Fig. 1A) and where inhabitants have a much lower likelihood of contact with bats due to its urban setting. None of the donors had knowledge of prior SARS infection or known contact with SARS patients.

• Hook 'Em 2

That's not my experience.  Sorry if it was yours.  

The “media” may have touted Fauci as the end all be all but the Trump administration most certainly did not.

Their “experts” were Scott Atlas and Debra “Look at my scarves” Birx.

Where’s the outrage towards those two?

Curious.

It's weird ppl labeled the lab-leak hypothesis as racist & xenophobic when the theory it came from people eating bat soup they got from a wet market seems much more culturally insensitive. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

No one labeled the lab leak theory racist.

Using the lab leak theory to peddle nonsensical theories about it being a Chinese attack and using terms like “Kung Flu” and “China Virus” and using a broad brush to place blame on China and not the Chinese government was what was labeled racist.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Tell that to Robert Redfield....head of the frickin' CDC.  It went so far that he actually got death threats for his stance that it was not naturally occurring.  

Lab Leak Theory expose

He told CNN, "I do not believe this somehow came from a bat to a human and at that moment in time, that the virus came to the human, became one of the most infectious viruses that we know in humanity for human-to-human transmission."

He added, "I just don't think this makes biological sense."

After seeing the data breakdown of the early cases from China, "Redfield immediately thought of the Wuhan Institute of Virology," Eban reported.

He wanted to test WIV researchers for antibodies, Eban said, and he offered to help. But Chinese officials didn't take him up on his offer. Which, when coupled with his deep understanding of the "years long battle over gain-of-function research" at the lab, led the then-CDC chief to suspect WIV.

And his treatment for such a stance?

And they came from more than just those who would accuse him of being racially insensitive (called racist): Redfield's fellow scientists were threatening his life and his livelihood.

According to Eban, the messages came "from prominent scientists, some of whom used to be his friends."

"I was threatened and ostracized because I proposed another hypothesis," he told Vanity Fair. "I expected it from politicians. I didn't expect it from science."

Why would they do this?  Threaten his life?  GOF research.  This was the lifelong pursuit of many, many of these scientists (including Fauci and Daszak), and the lab leak hypothesis and the GOF research being done threatened to tear that all down.

Edited by BabaYaga
  • Hook 'Em 1

Which conservative talk show discussed gain of function in the last week? The DT types are reeeeeeeeeeeeal horny about that all of a sudden

None. The guy in question swore under oath in front of congress there wasn’t any GOF. Ignore that gof.pdf attachment he sent in an email. But besides that, did our guy do any interviews today?
  • Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Which conservative talk show discussed gain of function in the last week? The DT types are reeeeeeeeeeeeal horny about that all of a sudden

In all fairness to Baba, he has been beating that drum for a long time.  I don't agree with him completely.  I don't think that genetic manipulation was involved, if anything just culturing and maybe some passage stuff which is only borderline GOF at best. But it's been discussed in a bit of depth for a while here. 

Some of y'all need to be best. 

• Hook 'Em 4

45 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Tell that to Robert Redfield....head of the frickin' CDC.  It went so far that he actually got death threats for his stance that it was not naturally occurring.  

Lab Leak Theory expose

And his treatment for such a stance?

Why would they do this?  Threaten his life?  GOF research.  This was the lifelong pursuit of many, many of these scientists (including Fauci and Daszak), and the lab leak hypothesis and the GOF research being done threatened to tear that all down.

That very article suggests that the lab leak theory was suppressed by various elements of the Trump administration for diplomatic and political reasons.  And does not implicate Fauci at all.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That very article suggests that the lab leak theory was suppressed by various elements of the Trump administration for diplomatic and political reasons.  And does not implicate Fauci at all.

Yeah but Fauccie be da debil. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I didn't say it's been engineered, I've maintained it was being studied, and poor protcol allowed it to escape. These are highly infectious diseases apparently.  I would not be surprised to find out he knew it was going on.
 I do think Dr. Fauci was put on a pedestal, and that was wrong. He was saying into March that masks maybe weren't really needed. The email trail he's part of is troubling.  
I don't have a dog in the fight about him taking the fall for anything.  There is a smoking gun, and it's typical that people fall on a side that completely believes or doesn't believe someone, and it's often based on politics.  The facts are in the middle a bit more on this situation IMO.

The last part is wrong. There are sides of people who believe in magic and seek confirmation bias. There is another side that believes in evidence, but they can have opinions, and do not confuse the two and do not feel violated when presented with contrary evidence.

Facts are just facts. The first group is orders of magnitude larger and louder than the second.
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Trump publicly stated he wanted less testing done. 

-Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand, P.I.

While that is true, before there was any testing to speak of, there was an unexplained failure of WHO-provided tests and problems with test availability, generally.

There needs to a 9/11 level investigation into this entire mess.  Nobody is saying the leaks were intentional.  Nobody is even saying the lab hypothesis is 100% accurate or that the natural spill over theory is out of bounds.  But we need to know.  Faucci and Daszak need to be a part of this as well.  
We do know lab leaks happen all the time.  There was a biolab leak in the US 2 months before the Wuhan outbreak (Ft Detrick).
The point of the Faucci 2012 quote about the risk of a pandemic being worth it is that he is so dedicated to trying to predict and prevent outbreaks, he sees the risks as being worth it.  Fine.  To an extent I agree with him.  But as more and more circumstantial evidence points that he was aware of the ACE2 receptor research being done, then we need to know that as well.  
We know Daszak and his team were best friends with the scientists in the lab and their "confirmation" that it was not a leak is a clear conflict of interest.  We also know Faucci and Daszak are close, close colleagues and that Faucci controls the majority of the NIH grant money.  This ties back to your point about sending in the most vulnerable back into nursing homes.  If it comes out that he knew the type of research being done and its potential infection characterizations, then we have a big problem.  

So now you are for investigations? 1/6

Anywhere.  Do what we did in Katrina and convert sports stadiums.  There are a myriad of options.  Do what the CDC does and set up infection isolation zones.  Set up isolation tents.  The point being discussion of isolation, a seemingly simple and obvious solution was never broached?

Read factfulness. There is a lovely discussion about jumping to conclusions and the impact that quarantining had on a population.

39 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Let’s not let facts get in the way. 

• Haha 2

And I’m all for investigations. Investigate Faucci. I don’t give a shit. Everyone needs to be held accountable if anything was done wrong. 

We can do it after the bipartisan 1/6 Commission is passed in the Senate 

• Hook 'Em 3

47 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Pretty sure he thought you wouldn’t actually read it. That fucks up our plan dude. 

2 minutes ago, Chooky said:

We also need to get to the bottom of why Dr. Fauci said things in his emails that he was also willing to say publicly in front of cameras.

We also need to figure out why when fauccino got an email he didn’t immediately reply “that’s FUCKED UP dude!”

8 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

And I’m all for investigations. Investigate Faucci. I don’t give a shit. Everyone needs to be held accountable if anything was done wrong. 

We can do it after the bipartisan 1/6 Commission is passed in the Senate 

Personally I’m opposed to investigations to hold people accountable.

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

No shit? Maybe we should have a bipartisan investigation into why not.

Sure, start with Nancy’s original “bipartisan” structure.  

Then ask yourself why your head is so far up your own ass.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

As questions swirled, Miles Yu, the State Department’s principal China strategist, noted that the WIV had remained largely silent. Yu, who is fluent in Mandarin, began mirroring its website and compiling a dossier of questions about its research. In April, he gave his dossier to Secretary of State Pompeo, who in turn publicly demanded access to the laboratories there.

It is not clear whether Yu’s dossier made its way to President Trump. But on April 30, 2020, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence put out an ambiguous statement whose apparent goal was to suppress a growing furor around the lab-leak theory. It said that the intelligence community “concurs with the wide scientific consensus that the COVID-19 virus was not manmade or genetically modified” but would continue to assess “whether the outbreak began through contact with infected animals or if it was the result of an accident at a laboratory in Wuhan.”

uh oh. We’re back to talking about dossiers again. You know where that leads.

34 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

While that is true, before there was any testing to speak of, there was an unexplained failure of WHO-provided tests and problems with test availability, generally.

Right, but similar to Pee Wee saying "I meant to do that", if someone says after the result "this is my desired result", the first person on my suspect list as the primary cause to earlier similar results is the guy who is now saying "yes, this is what I want". Either way, investigate the Deep State CDC. Throw in the Deep State Postal Service too. That place sure went to shit for some reason.

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Sure, start with Nancy’s original “bipartisan” structure.  

Then ask yourself why your head is so far up your own ass.

You mean the structure that the republicans demanded and then agreed to and then backed off of because dear leader objected to any investigation at all?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

As questions swirled, Miles Yu, the State Department’s principal China strategist, noted that the WIV had remained largely silent. Yu, who is fluent in Mandarin, began mirroring its website and compiling a dossier of questions about its research. In April, he gave his dossier to Secretary of State Pompeo, who in turn publicly demanded access to the laboratories there.

It is not clear whether Yu’s dossier made its way to President Trump. But on April 30, 2020, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence put out an ambiguous statement whose apparent goal was to suppress a growing furor around the lab-leak theory. It said that the intelligence community “concurs with the wide scientific consensus that the COVID-19 virus was not manmade or genetically modified” but would continue to assess “whether the outbreak began through contact with infected animals or if it was the result of an accident at a laboratory in Wuhan.”

uh oh. We’re back to talking about dossiers again. You know where that leads.

Ew-PfOLy3j0edtC9h4v6HR_eRmCcRI5kfkkUX6u8

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Using the lab leak theory to peddle nonsensical theories about it being a Chinese attack and using terms like “Kung Flu” and “China Virus” and using a broad brush to place blame on China and not the Chinese government was what was labeled racist.

Dipshit Qanon morons and their conspiracist beliefs are completely irrelevant in regards to the investigation into Covid's origin. Wasn't the former CDC director smeared for suggesting it came from a lab? 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, lmao said:

Dipshit Qanon morons and their conspiracist beliefs are completely irrelevant in regards to the investigation into Covid's origin. Wasn't the former CDC director smeared for suggesting it came from a lab? 

Do you know which sub you are posting on?