Dr. Anthony Fauci Appreciation Thread

Texas St. Armadillos

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I can't google it because the interwebs are completely clogged with dogshit alt-right sites talking about how Fauci wouldn't criticize Cuomo after the fact.

Are you and Jimmy the retard actually questioning whether or not Fauci was advising the nations’ governors?  This isn’t even really debatable. Here is the first article that came up when I googled.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5467859002

From the article:

“In this crisis, again and again, we’ve turned to these experts like Dr. Fauci for the hard facts and to be voices of reason within the sprawling federal bureaucracy. 

The first time I met Dr. Fauci was in early February, when as chair of the National Governors Association, I convened a meeting with the nation’s governors and the federal government’s top health officials: Dr. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases; Ken Cuccinelli, acting Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security; Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control; Jay Butler, CDC Deputy Director for Infectious Diseases; and Robert Kadlec, Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response at the Department of Health and Human Services.

At a time when other federal leaders — including President Donald Trump — were downplaying the threat, the briefing was a game changer for me and many of my colleagues. “

again, there is nothing nefarious  about the governors relying on Fauci for guidance. It was the prudent thing to do.  

This particular issue came up because the other poster said that it was widely known and discussed in the medical communities in March 2020 that the elderly people were much more susceptible to Covid and that all kinds of protections were put in place for those people.I questioned whether or not this was true. He linked many articles that appeared to show that there was discussion about this.I then questioned if anybody was really openly talking about the directives that he linked because fauci was advising the nations governors and many governors made the decision to send infected people to nursing homes. That would obviously be the absolute worst place to send infected people if everyone knew that elderly people were the most susceptible.  

we are talking about Fauci‘s credibility at this point.  I am not even sure what you are arguing.it might have been you or another poster that suggested that nobody knew what Cuomo and some of the other governors were doing regarding the nursing homes.  That is just patently false.The nursing home operators were on TV and in the newspapers every day saying that while the state was mandating that they accept Covid patients that their residents were dying in huge numbers.  It is impossible that Fauci did not see any of these claims and itis beyond unbelievable that when he did hear about it that he did not immediately go public and say sending infected people to nursing homes is a horrible idea and needs to be stopped immediately.  

15 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

It’s all good

let the "polishing up of Fauci" post emails begin. the fawning, the cute giggles, his thoughts on the last 16 months, what his favorite ice cream is, where is he going on summer vacation.  its going to be great!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

let the "polishing up of Fauci" post emails begin. the fawning, the cute giggles, his thoughts on the last 16 months, what his favorite ice cream is, where is he going on summer vacation.  its going to be great!

Duh, that's part of how counter-smear campaigns work.

4 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

What if it was "natural" (also a label), and infected a researcher who then strolled over to the wet market and coughed performed analingus on a pangolin, that was then was eaten by a fool.

There's a country song there, I think.

Fify.  That would make it unnatural, though.

Pretty funny how right wingers get worked about masks and what Fauci said or didn’t but they still refused to wear them anyway, so it’s masks don’t work or work but we won’t wear them anyway.

so when the Rs were saying it’s just the flu and don’t listen to Fauci but now it’s we should have listened to him, which one is it.

we all forget the lies from Trump or they they matter?

ok who is a bigger laying sack of shit?

it goes back to Dems have to be perfect and Rs can do whatever without any repercussions 

Edited by Gengs1
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

Are you and Jimmy the retard actually questioning whether or not Fauci was advising the nations’ governors?  This isn’t even really debatable. Here is the first article that came up when I googled.

From the article:

“In this crisis, again and again, we’ve turned to these experts like Dr. Fauci for the hard facts and to be voices of reason within the sprawling federal bureaucracy. 

The first time I met Dr. Fauci was in early February, when as chair of the National Governors Association, I convened a meeting with the nation’s governors and the federal government’s top health officials: Dr. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases; Ken Cuccinelli, acting Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security; Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control; Jay Butler, CDC Deputy Director for Infectious Diseases; and Robert Kadlec, Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response at the Department of Health and Human Services.

At a time when other federal leaders — including President Donald Trump — were downplaying the threat, the briefing was a game changer for me and many of my colleagues. “

again, there is nothing nefarious  about the governors relying on Fauci for guidance. It was the prudent thing to do.  

This particular issue came up because the other poster said that it was widely known and discussed in the medical communities in March 2020 that the elderly people were much more susceptible to Covid and that all kinds of protections were put in place for those people.I questioned whether or not this was true. He linked many articles that appeared to show that there was discussion about this.I then questioned if anybody was really openly talking about the directives that he linked because fauci was advising the nations governors and many governors made the decision to send infected people to nursing homes. That would obviously be the absolute worst place to send infected people if everyone knew that elderly people were the most susceptible.  

we are talking about Fauci‘s credibility at this point.  I am not even sure what you are arguing.it might have been you or another poster that suggested that nobody knew what Cuomo and some of the other governors were doing regarding the nursing homes.  That is just patently false.The nursing home operators were on TV and in the newspapers every day saying that while the state was mandating that they accept Covid patients that their residents were dying in huge numbers.  It is impossible that Fauci did not see any of these claims and itis beyond unbelievable that when he did hear about it that he did not immediately go public and say sending infected people to nursing homes is a horrible idea and needs to be stopped immediately.  

Well if true, let that be a lesson to us.  If we had better healthcare, we might not have to send patients to nursing homes.   I’m in favor of better, universal  healthcare. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Pretty funny how right wingers get worked about masks and what Fauci said or didn’t but they still refused to wear them anyway, so it’s masks don’t work or work but we won’t wear them anyway.

so when the Rs were saying it’s just the flu and don’t listen to Fauci but now it’s we should have listened to him, which one is it.

we all forget the lies from Trump or they they matter?

ok who is a bigger laying sack of shit?

Fauci already said and put in writing that masks only help a marginally.  so we've decided that at least.

15 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

From the article:

I'm not really arguing anything.  I was skeptical that Fauci would have time to routinely consult with governors, and because Fauci was "hamstrung" by the administration early on, skeptical that he would be made a point person by the Trump administration for governors.

Then, of course, you have the Trump administration actively attempting to favor and punish governors according to their fealty to teh Donald.  Thus, I think it was mostly political types interfacing with governors.

And, to be fair, the quoted material cites one meeting with Fauci in a group, as opposed to ongoing consultations with him on a one-on-one basis.

Your point about no one doing or saying anything much about the folly of sending the elderly into nursing homes seems valid.  However, at the time, the concern was with overflowing hospitals, so I don't know that a lot of other options were on the table.

As I recall, though, while that action was criticized, particularly by nursing home operators, the shit didn't really hit the fan until NY started reporting numbers of deaths and Cuomoco tried to understate them.  So, in retrospect.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

For a group of people who are so convinced that Fauci is clearly fucked, your explanations all contain a lot of “coulds” and “appears” and “I believes.”

For a group of people who are so convinced that Fauci is the second coming of Christ, your explanations all contain a lot of “trusts” and “I believes” and “thank God we listened to hims” 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, dcar00 said:

Fauci already said and put in writing that masks only help a marginally.  so we've decided that at least.

I thought that was pointed out when compared to N95 masks.

that’s like comparing are regular Benz to a F1 Benz race car  

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

For a group of people who are so convinced that Fauci is the second coming of Christ, your explanations all contain a lot of “trusts” and “I believes” and “thank God we listened to hims” 

you forgot the classic "only adult in room".  the green curtain in da house!

4 minutes ago, Mole said:

Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked.

Mønti Pythøn ik den Hølie Gräilen Røtern nik Akten Di Wik Alsø wik Alsø alsø wik Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër? See the løveli lakes The wøndërful telephøne system And mäni interesting furry animals The characters and incidents portrayed and the names used are fictitious and any similarity to the names, characters, or history of any person is entirely accidental and unintentional. Signed RICHARD M. NIXON Including the majestik møøse A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"... We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked. Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti... We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked. Møøse trained by YUTTE HERMSGERVØRDENBRØTBØRDA Special Møøse Effects OLAF PROT Møøse Costumes SIGGI CHURCHILLMøøse Choreographed by HORST PROT III Miss Taylor's Møøses by HENGST DOUGLAS-HOME Møøse trained to mix concrete and sign complicated insurance forms by JURGEN WIGG Møøses' noses wiped by BJØRN IRKESTØM-SLATER WALKER Large møøse on the left hand side of the screen in the third scene from the end, given a thorough grounding in Latin, French and "O" Level Geography by BO BENN Suggestive poses for the Møøse suggested by VIC ROTTER Antler-care by LIV THATCHER The directors of the firm hired to continue the credits after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked. The credits have been completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute.

10 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

It depends on what you mean by protect. Early on Fauci was addressing the issue of whether makes protect the wearer. Unless you are wearing n95 type masks, the evidence is that they don't provide much protection. However, it soon became clear that masks have more potential to protect everybody else from the wearer, and thus limit the spread. That's why the guidance changed (that and masks were no longer in extremely short supply). 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I don't think he's the second coming of Christ, but whatever his flaws may have been, he was a beacon of leadership and intellect compared to the shitgibbon.  He may have been wrong about masks, or changed his mind, but at least he didn't babble about quack medicines and drinking pine sol in national addresses.  And downplay the whole thing because it would ruin his reelection chances.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I don't think he's the second coming of Christ, but whatever his flaws may have been, he was a beacon of leadership and intellect compared to the shitgibbon.  He may have been wrong about masks, or changed his mind, but at least he didn't babble about quack medicines and drinking pine sol in national addresses.  And downplay the whole thing because it would ruin his reelection chances.

Yeah. Ultimately the demonization of Fauci apparently starts with the fact that he changed his mind, as if that is a bad thing to do when confronted with new information. He isn't perfect or a saint. But he was an actual professional in an administration completely lacking in professionalism, so of course he looked like a god by comparison. 

Edited by Dahobbs

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Good-faith actors in positions of leadership in this political and media climate are subject to having their nards shredded on a constant basis.  Fauci can handle it.  If he couldn't, he would have been gone a long time ago.

Yes, let's all give a fuck about the dumb shit and ignore the important stuff. It's the new American way.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Gengs1 said:

So the Rs want to cancel him?

At the very least they want to take emails wildly out of context and leap to wild conclusions that are in no way supported by evidence. So that's fun. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, pantone159 said:

Mønti Pythøn ik den Hølie Gräilen Røtern nik Akten Di Wik Alsø wik Alsø alsø wik Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër? See the løveli lakes The wøndërful telephøne system And mäni interesting furry animals The characters and incidents portrayed and the names used are fictitious and any similarity to the names, characters, or history of any person is entirely accidental and unintentional. Signed RICHARD M. NIXON Including the majestik møøse A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"... We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked. Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti... We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked. Møøse trained by YUTTE HERMSGERVØRDENBRØTBØRDA Special Møøse Effects OLAF PROT Møøse Costumes SIGGI CHURCHILLMøøse Choreographed by HORST PROT III Miss Taylor's Møøses by HENGST DOUGLAS-HOME Møøse trained to mix concrete and sign complicated insurance forms by JURGEN WIGG Møøses' noses wiped by BJØRN IRKESTØM-SLATER WALKER Large møøse on the left hand side of the screen in the third scene from the end, given a thorough grounding in Latin, French and "O" Level Geography by BO BENN Suggestive poses for the Møøse suggested by VIC ROTTER Antler-care by LIV THATCHER The directors of the firm hired to continue the credits after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked. The credits have been completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute.

Meme Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Trump being an orange baboon flinging his own shit doesn't mean this isn't something worth digging into.  That said let's just assume for a moment that yea it got out of the Wuhan lab where they were doing GoF testing that the NiH helped fund and Fauci knew that was a possibility (I seriously doubt he had enough evidence with wht the Chinese were pulling at that point to know it was a certainty).  What's the benefit in PUBLICALLY fighting the pandemic that knowledge carries with it.   Frankly by that point it was probably pretty obvious the only thing really stopping this thing was a vax and by the March/April timeline you are all arguing about we already had a vax (developed in January) going into the pipe.  

End of the day yea we should know and yea Fauci gets a slap on the wrist and knocked down some pegs for crossing Obama's edict (under the assumption at this point I think that was still the order of the day) and we move on.  

The bigger thing is if all of that happened what is our clear direction with regard to this kind of thing moving forward?  If this is how it all went down then yea we touched the hot stove.....will we fucking learn anything from it?

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

It depends on what you mean by protect. Early on Fauci was addressing the issue of whether makes protect the wearer. Unless you are wearing n95 type masks, the evidence is that they don't provide much protection. However, it soon became clear that masks have more potential to protect everybody else from the wearer, and thus limit the spread. That's why the guidance changed (that and masks were no longer in extremely short supply). 

yeah he actually said the opposite in the email.  this guy was THE infectious disease expert.  an airborne virus and mask capabilities were not new to him when he said that. he was right when he said protects against droplets(from coughing/sneezing) when you are in close contact.

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I mean- nobody likes seeing him sit on the house floor saying he doesn’t know where the origin of covid came from even though after a revelation of emails showing he knew damn well where it came from and his institution funded.

favorite thing I’ve learned today is that a FOIA dump of emails is called a revelation

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yeah he actually said the opposite in the email.  this guy was THE infectious disease expert.  an airborne virus and mask capabilities were not new to him when he said that. he was right when he said protects against droplets(from coughing/sneezing) when you are in close contact.

What did he say? Seriously, link the email or the text of the email. I assume that whatever it is you're talking about, you've either misunderstood it or took an answer out of context, as has been the case for all the bitching in this thread. 

Edited by Dahobbs

8 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Good-faith actors in positions of leadership in this political and media climate are subject to having their nards shredded on a constant basis.  Fauci can handle it.  If he couldn't, he would have been gone a long time ago.

Yes, let's all give a fuck about the dumb shit and ignore the important stuff. It's the new American way.

so who gets to decide who is a good faith actor?

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Trump being an orange baboon flinging his own shit doesn't mean this isn't something worth digging into.  That said let's just assume for a moment that yea it got out of the Wuhan lab where they were doing GoF testing that the NiH helped fund and Fauci knew that was a possibility.  What's the benefit in PUBLICALLY fighting the pandemic that knowledge carries with it.   Frankly by that point it was probably pretty obvious the only thing really stopping this thing was a vax and by the March/April timeline you are all arguing about we already had a vax (developed in January) going into the pipe.  

End of the day yea we should know and yea Fauci gets a slap on the wrist and knocked down some pegs for crossing Obama's edict (under the assumption at this point I think that was still the order of the day) and we move on.  

The bigger thing is if all of that happened what is our clear direction with regard to this kind of thing moving forward?

yes of course but TRUMP!

1 minute ago, SizzleChest said:

Yes, clearly Tony Fauci loves and values money and global attention more than anything else over his 50 year career.  You got me, Marshal.

so clearly people that value money are not good faith actors.  Fauci seems to like his global attention in his community and even likes his new found attention even more.

he's the highest paid govt official.  maybe he should take a vow of poverty or at least a fucking pay cut during a pandemic to prove his good faith.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

so clearly people that value money are not good faith actors.  Fauci seems to like his global attention in his community and even likes his new found attention even more.

he's the highest paid govt official.  maybe he should take a vow of poverty or at least a fucking pay cut during a pandemic to prove his good faith.

You've figured it all out.  You've been awarded all the points.  Congratulations!

9 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

What did he say? Seriously, link the email or the text of the email. 

you've already read it just like the other guy on the thread who was pretending he hasn't read the emails.

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

That said let's just assume for a moment that yea it got out of the Wuhan lab where they were doing GoF testing that the NiH helped fund and Fauci knew that was a possibility.  What's the benefit in PUBLICALLY fighting the pandemic that knowledge carries with it. 

If we are to presume that the release was from the lab, and the origins and nature of the disease was well known by the Chinese government/researchers involved...immediate travel bans to foreign nations implemented unilaterally by China would have made a difference. More rapid shut down by US of international travel (broadly) based on comms from China would have made some difference.  Any head start on spike formulation for vaccines would make a difference. Some regulatory streamlining re: vax wouldn't have hurt either. Lots of dominoes with earlier intervention. All monday morning quarterbacking at this point. But I don't think that you can hand wave the Chinese suppression of information and transparency. We made plenty of mistakes, and could have done better. Perhaps the first mistake was funding the consolidation of virus specimens for study in Wuhan. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I mean, Fauci was a big part of an administration that watched half a million Americans die preventable deaths in a year.  If you want to hate on the guy, that’s probably the better place to start instead of some emails. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, dcar00 said:

you've already read it just like the other guy on the thread who was pretending he hasn't read the emails.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I suspect you don't either. Again, what did the email say and how was it inconsistent with what I wrote? 

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If we are to presume that the release was from the lab, and the origins and nature of the disease was well known by the Chinese government/researchers involved...immediate travel bans to foreign nations implemented unilaterally by China would have made a difference. More rapid shut down by US of international travel (broadly) based on comms from China would have made some difference.  

So how does that go down publically?  You issue a travel ban without disclosing all of this and you get a lot of the teeth gnashing the suggestions of it caused in those early days.  You disclose all of this and we got retards wanting to go to war with China (and a leader that I wouldn't have personally wanted being presented with that political capital)  It's not a really easy needle to thread politically which unfortunately is where it has to be done.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

4 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Not hard to find.

Huh. You obviously google better than I.  This is the first response I found when searching “Fauci gof”

In COVID Origins Storm, Fauci Denies US Funded Controversial Study in Wuhan

https://science.thewire.in/the-sciences/in-covid-origins-storm-fauci-denies-us-funded-controversial-study-in-wuhan/

Some excerpts:

Wade’s article was seized upon by both political commentators and conspiracy theorists; it also drew comments from some scientists that the virus’s origins warrant further investigation. At the same time, the people whose research Wade criticised in the article, including Anthony Fauci, have hit back at the article and said Wade has got many of his facts wrong.”

”According to The Hill, Fauci retorted: “Sen. Paul, with all due respect, you are entirely, entirely and completely incorrect. The NIH has not ever, and does not now, fund ‘gain of function research’ in the Wuhan Institute.””

The Hill reported, “Fauci noted that although the NIH did fund a project at the Wuhan lab, it was not meant for ‘gain of function’ research into human-made superviruses” but to investigate bat viruses that could infect humans in future.”

”Wade also criticised Peter Daszak, president of EcoHealth Alliance, on two fronts. First, for failing to disclose a conflict of interest after he put together a group of experts in the pandemic’s early days to claim the virus couldn’t have come from any lab. The conflict was that Daszak had funded work at the Wuhan Institute. Second, Wade alleged that neither Daszak nor anyone else could have known the virus’s origins so early into the pandemic – February 2020 – so claiming it couldn’t have come from a lab at that time was disingenuous and “unscientific”.”

As this stuff is not my jam, maybe you can lead me to something that explains your perspective.

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

For the Borg?

Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo, the entirety of MSNBC and George Stephanopulos for starters.

Lol, coming from the group he has to have their talking points spoon fed for them. Seriously, the manufactured outrage of a bunch of benign emails is hilarious. 

*Look Fauci got an email from someone who said the virus may or may not be altered. That some person later published an article saying it wasn't altered. Fauci knew China created the virus this whole time!*

* Look, Fauci has an email that says masks may provide margin benefits. See, he was lying when he said they don't provide great protection for the wearer earlier on!*

Seriously, y'all's shit is moronic.