Dr. Anthony Fauci Appreciation Thread

Texas St. Armadillos

I hate to break it to you, but nobody outside the Breitbart news ecosystem has any idea what is going on with Fauci right now.  This is a story on par with migrant caravans and bamboo election ballots.

This. WTF?

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yep.  But people will want to nail his ass on everything.  Totally politicized at this point.  The President fucked up WAY more than Fauci did.  That’s a fact.  

Really ?   Sounds a lot like Fauci knew a lot more about this thing than he ever let on.  Trump fucked up, and had this guy giving him advice like no masks are needed into March I believe.  

Fauci was put on a pedestal, and he should have never been put there.  Just another federal employee (among the highest paid according to some reports). 

LOL. 
So, now not only is the virus genetically modified, but Dr. Fauci is the one that did it. Soon we'll learn that Dr. Fauci was also responsible for the holocaust, JFK's assassination, and the (fake) moon landing. You're in-fucking-sane.  

Yep. Tin foil hat time.

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Really ?   Sounds a lot like Fauci knew a lot more about this thing than he ever let on.  Trump fucked up, and had this guy giving him advice like no masks are needed into March I believe.  

Fauci was put on a pedestal, and he should have never been put there.  Just another federal employee (among the highest paid according to some reports). 

and what if Trump did exactly what Fauci asked(like Fauci said) and repeated what he heard Fauci say.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tigol said:

A “fall guy” for what? He did everything he could with the information he had in the most toxic political environment and for the stupidest science-denying public.
Nothing he could possibly say would not be “fake news” in that climate.

It's looking like he knew more about its origins for one thing, and his advice was just as muddled as the next guy into March.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Celery Man said:

I think we can all agree that if Fauci mastermind the synthetic creation and release of Covid-19, we are fucking canceling that dude. 

I disagree. He is obviously the most brilliant AND competent mastermind. We should just put him in charge of everything. 

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Scientist writes an email that says "my conclusions may change after more research" and then changes conclusions. @Onboard 2.0 and @BabaYaga : "It's a conspiracy!"

Never said a damn thing about any conspiracy, but hey you make up little lies all you like. Said the guy knew more about how it came about than we were told.

Just now, Dahobbs said:

LOL. 

So, now not only is the virus genetically modified, but Dr. Fauci is the one that did it. Soon we'll learn that Dr. Fauci was also responsible for the holocaust, JFK's assassination, and the (fake) moon landing. You're in-fucking-sane.  

Are you this unaware?  JFC.  Why am I not surprised...

All GOF research goes through Faucci.  He is the godfather of GOF research.  Over 15 years more than $230M went into the these labs.  Specifically, ACE2 receptors in human lung tissue to try and prevent and predict the next pandemic. 

In 2014 Obama shut him down citing safety concerns. 

In 2017 he quietly re-opened the research and much of the research moved to Wuhan...on his own, without WH approval

In 2018 the lab was cited for safety violations

Faucci is THE premier actor in GOF research.  He controls all the NIH and other grant money; including the $3.7M grant most recently approved for GOF research on the horsehoe bats.  We are learning that he knew from day one this was a genetically created virus from the labs he helped fund.  Jesus, when it first broke, Robert Redfield, head of the CDC and respected virologist told us it came from a lab....and he was castigated, called a racist, etc.  

These emails clearly illustrate Faucci trying to cover his own ass for an outbreak he himself predicted could very well happen back into 2012, but thought the research too valuable to stop.  

• Hook 'Em 1

(responding to onboard though not sure it makes a difference)

Yeah but you’re getting that stuff from the same sources of information that cause you to get consistently dunked on. You guys are posting fragments from his 90 billion emails that have been selected for you by the same idiots who think Hillary eats babies in a pizza dungeon and then breathlessly ending your sentences with ellipses. If we get that Fauci allowed half a million Americans to die needlessly to cover up his shady nefariousness, got damn. But you don’t got it.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

All GOF research goes through Faucci.  He is the godfather of GOF research.  Over 15 years more than $230M went into the these labs.  Specifically, ACE2 receptors in human lung tissue to try and prevent and predict the next pandemic. 

In 2017 he quietly re-opened the research and much of the research moved to Wuhan...on his own, without WH approval

Faucci is THE premier actor in GOF research.  He controls all the NIH and other grant money; including the $3.7M grant most recently approved for GOF research on the horsehoe bats.  We are learning that he knew from day one this was a genetically created virus from the labs he helped fund.  Jesus, when it first broke, Robert Redfield, head of the CDC and respected virologist told us it came from a lab....and he was castigated, called a racist, etc.  

These emails clearly illustrate Faucci trying to cover his own ass for an outbreak he himself predicted could very well happen back into 2012, but thought the research too valuable to stop.  

image.thumb.jpeg.f17f63d7f4298bb0753ae0cc101a398e.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

I see that Fox News headlines are indicating some in the GOP are calling for Fauci's firing.

I see a lot of the folks in here fired up that something scandalous has happened.

I appreciate folks including images of emails.  I read this thread and didn't see anything.  What am I missing?

This feels similar to all the DNC and hillary email drops that were perceived as negative for Hillary and Dems.  

Charlie Brown Football GIF

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Wow man.  

At first glance, this looks crazy as shit. Are all of these facts readily known by people here?  Do you have any sources?  Where were you first exposed to these ideas and this narrative?  I'm not saying this isn't true, but feels a bit batshit without context or support.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, GW Hayduke said:

Wow man.  

At first glance, this looks crazy as shit. Are all of these facts readily known by people here?  Do you have any sources?  Where were you first exposed to these ideas and this narrative?  I'm not saying this isn't true, but feels a bit batshit without context or support.

Apparently batshit is what started all this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

If it comes to light that Faucci knew early that this was a genetically altered variant, then you can say Trump went ass over teakettle all the way down the stairs, still doesn't counter that this was a genetically modified strain created under funding FROM Faucci under the nose of the administration after the previous shut him down for the very dangers discussed on these emails.  As always, the cover up outweighs the crime....

Are you on drugs?  Serious question.  I usually don't partake on weekdays but come Friday, I want a shitload of what you're all hopped up on. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Weekdays, workdays...gimmmmeeeeee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Are all of these facts readily known by people here? 

laughing%20hysterically%20gif.gif

Do you seriously not know Fauccis background as it relates to GOF research?  Or that Obama shut him down, and he re-engaged the labs in Wuhan?  This is all public stuff.  Not hard to find.

Edited by BabaYaga

18 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You're literally just making things up. From pretty early on we understood the virus hit the elderly harder. Most states and recommendations included extra precautions for the elderly. It was never one size fits all. You just think the baseline restrictions applicable to everyone were too strenuous. But that's different than saying there was no differentiation or appreciation of that certain populations were more vulnerable to serious illness. 

Talk about revisionist history. You are such an unbelievably dishonest poster.

The email in question came out March 17. According to you, by that point everyone knew that elderly people were much more susceptible to the virus.  You seem to be trying to say that by that point special guidance had been given regarding the elderly population.

Yet, Cuomo sent out his directive to have infected people transferred to nursing homes on March 25.  further, on March 26 Cuomo told the media that he had been consulting with Fauci daily on the best way to handle the response.

So how is it possible that, according to you, Fauci knew that the virus was extremely dangerous to elderly people in mid March and was consulting with Cuomo and Cuomo sent out a directive to have elderly infected people put into nursing homes with other elderly people, the absolute most vulnerable group of people to the virus, in late March?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

It is possible you've cracked this thing wide open.  I'm thinking of the Pelican Brief.  It would be in your interest to lay low for a while. Paste this isn't a word document on a secure laptop.  Then add sources.  Get back to us if they haven't gotten you by then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

I see that Fox News headlines are indicating some in the GOP are calling for Fauci's firing.

I see a lot of the folks in here fired up that something scandalous has happened.

I appreciate folks including images of emails.  I read this thread and didn't see anything.  What am I missing?

This feels similar to all the DNC and hillary email drops that were perceived as negative for Hillary and Dems.  

It’s just a lot of right wing crap. Same as always. Benghazi was in their radar for years. 

10 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

What's on FoxNews has no bearing on wtf is of any importance.  No matter where you are politically, when the President of the United States is talking at the site of the 100th anniversary of the slaughter of 100+ black people, that's your lead story.  During Biden's talk, FoxNews lead story was bashing the BLM movement.  They're a farce.  But you can separate the rubes pretty easily when you see them go on and on about the most ridiculous talking points...

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

LOL. 

Don't be giving Peach Pit from Georgia any ideas.  

31 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

LOL - Trump was not listening to Fauci.  He made that clear early and often.  If you want to say Trump listened on anything...for example you bringing up masks - why didn't he change when Fauci and others showed how much masks help?  Yeah, because Trump does whatever the fuck he feels like and blames whoever the fuck he wants to blame.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Sliver of common ground - a whole lot of the Fauci worship had less to do with his competence and handling of the situation and more to do with people desperately pinning their hope on the only respectable adult.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

For the record, I don’t think Fauci is some bad guy or did anything on purpose. He had an extremely cushy government job with the ability to distribute massive amounts of money.I have no way of knowing, but I suspect that he is a very bright guy and probably knows his science. He is in a very, very tiny group of medical people and scientists that study these types of viruses. It really is impossible to know if he understands it better than any of the other people that are in the same sector.  He is basically an administrator.

however, our completely spineless government who refuse to take responsibility for anything (Trump, Biden, Senate etc) just completely defaulted to Fauci and thrust him into a position that he was wholly  incapable  of handling. I think he worked hard and I think he tried to do his best but he just did not have the skill set to be the point person for the crisis.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

Sliver of common ground - a whole lot of the Fauci worship had less to do with his competence and handling of the situation and more to do with people desperately pinning their hope on the only respectable adult.

It's pretty much this.  

so here's the summary

Fauci and his folks thought GOF research was worthwhile

Wuhan lab gets involved and we are involved with Wuhan lab(to what extent no one will probably ever know)

Wuhan lab fucks up

Fauci knows this is very likely not "wet market" related.  the wagons circle to some extent and Lab theory is deemed tin foil hat conspiracy.

He's all over the place because the bat is out of the bag as it were.  so lockdowns, masks, lysol, social distancing, etc.  if you were old and or immuno-compromised good luck.

He's human, he was kind of in on the fuckup but its not his fault.  My guess is he knew that nothing was going to stop this thing other than a vaccine/herd once it got out.

1 minute ago, sheeeit said:

For the record, I don’t think Fauci is some bad guy or did anything on purpose. He had an extremely cushy government job with the ability to distribute massive amounts of money.I have no way of knowing, but I suspect that he is a very bright guy and probably knows his science. He is in a very, very tiny group of medical people and scientists that study these types of viruses. It really is impossible to know if he understands it better than any of the other people that are in the same sector.  He is basically an administrator.

however, our completely spineless government who refuse to take responsibility for anything (Trump, Biden, Senate etc) just completely defaulted to Fauci and thrust him into a position that he was wholly  incapable  of handling. I think he worked hard and I think he tried to do his best but he just did not have the skill set to be the point person for the crisis.

I’m not sure he worked all that hard, I mean he had the time to write a book about life philosophy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

so here's the summary

Wuhan lab gets involved and we are involved with Wuhan lab(to what extent no one will probably ever know)

Wuhan lab fucks up

Fauci knows this is very likely not "wet market" related.  the wagons circle to some extent and Lab theory is deemed tin foil hat conspiracy.

He's all over the place because the bat is out of the bag as it were.  so lockdowns, masks, lysol, social distancing, etc.  if you were old and or immuno-compromised good luck.

He's human, he was kind of in on the fuckup but its not his fault.  My guess is he knew that nothing was going to stop this thing other than a vaccine/herd once it got out.

In the end whether it came from a lab or from the cave...there was no stopping it right away and the way you react was going to be pretty much the same.  I personally didn't buy what the Chinese were selling and still don't - but in the end, how did any of that change how we were treating the virus, or how we should have treated it?  Not too big a difference.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

A few of the DT posters are about six months from going full TTom levels of insane over Fauci shit. They’re convincing themselves that he invented the very concept of transmissible diseases.

just pointing out he fucked up, contradicted himself many times on basic shit(likely correct the first time), and not god of all disease control(as he, and Cuomo, were portrayed) isn't saying he invented transmissible diseases.  the guy is human.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

so here's the summary

Wuhan lab fucks up

This is a likely scenario.  Scientists often get a god complex.  We can do this, we can contain it.

so here's the summary
Wuhan lab fucks up

Don’t forget that he wrote a book

13 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL - Trump was not listening to Fauci.  He made that clear early and often.  If you want to say Trump listened on anything...for example you bringing up masks - why didn't he change when Fauci and others showed how much masks help?  Yeah, because Trump does whatever the fuck he feels like and blames whoever the fuck he wants to blame.

Fauci was right in his original email.  the masks help a little(droplets in close contact, sneeze/cough) but not much.  the guy is a lifetime infectious disease expert.  why would he say that initially on an email if he didn't believe it to be true.  this isn't the first airborne disease he has dealt with.

the masks certainly didn't hurt and could help some, so when he started throwing shit at the wall that was one item to push on.

Fauci said Trump did everything he asked him to do(or something to that effect)

26 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

Talk about revisionist history. You are such an unbelievably dishonest poster.

The email in question came out March 17. According to you, by that point everyone knew that elderly people were much more susceptible to the virus.  You seem to be trying to say that by that point special guidance had been given regarding the elderly population.

Yet, Cuomo sent out his directive to have infected people transferred to nursing homes on March 25.  further, on March 26 Cuomo told the media that he had been consulting with Fauci daily on the best way to handle the response.

So how is it possible that, according to you, Fauci knew that the virus was extremely dangerous to elderly people in mid March and was consulting with Cuomo and Cuomo sent out a directive to have elderly infected people put into nursing homes with other elderly people, the absolute most vulnerable group of people to the virus, in late March?

Yes? I mean, this was all very public and the information is still on the internet for anyone to examine:

A few examples:

On March 18, 2020, this report was posted online as an MMWR Early Release.

Summary

What is already known about this topic?

Early data from China suggest that a majority of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) deaths have occurred among adults aged ≥60 years and among persons with serious underlying health conditions.

What is added by this report?

This first preliminary description of outcomes among patients with COVID-19 in the United States indicates that fatality was highest in persons aged ≥85, ranging from 10% to 27%, followed by 3% to 11% among persons aged 65–84 years, 1% to 3% among persons aged 55-64 years, <1% among persons aged 20–54 years, and no fatalities among persons aged ≤19 years.

What are the implications for public health practice?

COVID-19 can result in severe disease, including hospitalization, admission to an intensive care unit, and death, especially among older adults. Everyone can take actions, such as social distancing, to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and protect older adults from severe illness.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm

Key Resources About COVID-19 for Senior Centers

Mar 10, 2020

NCOA and the National Institute of Senior Centers (NISC) care about keeping senior centers safe and healthy, and information on how to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic is critical as the situation continues to develop.

https://www.ncoa.org/article/key-resources-about-covid-19-for-senior-centers

CMS Announces New Measures to Protect Nursing Home Residents from COVID-19

Mar 13, 2020

As part of the broader Trump Administration announcement today, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced critical new measures designed to keep America’s nursing home residents safe from the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). The measures take the form of a memorandum and is based on the newest recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). It directs nursing homes to significantly restrict visitors and nonessential personnel, as well as restrict communal activities inside nursing homes. The new measures are CMS’s latest action to protect America’s seniors, who are at highest risk for complications from COVID-19. While visitor restrictions may be difficult for residents and families, it is an important temporary measure for their protection.

“As we learn more about the Coronavirus from experts on the ground, we’ve learned that seniors with multiple conditions are at highest risk for infection and complications, so CMS is using every tool at our disposal to keep nursing homes free from infection,” said CMS Administrator Seema Verma. “Temporarily restricting visitors and nonessential workers will help reduce the risk of Coronavirus spread in nursing homes, keeping residents safe. The Trump Administration is working around the clock to ensure the continued safety of America’s health care system, particularly nursing homes.”

https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/press-releases/cms-announces-new-measures-protect-nursing-home-residents-covid-19

How to Protect Older People From the Coronavirus

People over 60, and especially over 80, are particularly vulnerable to severe or fatal infection. Here are some steps to reduce their risk.

By Katie Hafner

March 14, 2020

Amid the uncertainty swirling around the coronavirus pandemic stands one incontrovertible fact: The highest rate of fatalities is among older people, particularly those with underlying medical conditions.

Of the confirmed cases in China to date, nearly 15 percent of patients over 80 have died. For those under 50, the death rate was well below 1 percent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/health/coronavirus-elderly-protection.html

Would you like another?

COVID-19: Older adults have higher risk of serious illness

March 18, 2020

Adults over 65 are more at risk of getting seriously ill from COVID-19, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

"So there are two major factors that cause the aged immune system to be much more vulnerable to new threats, such as COVID-19," says Dr. Jessica Lancaster, a Mayo Clinic immunology researcher. "First, as we age, we start to produce less new immune cells that are able to respond to new sorts of infectious disease."

"Secondly, as we age, the immune system has a delay in its ability to coordinate itself. There is a delay in the communication among all the different types of immune cells, and, so, the aged immune system is much more slow at clearing an infectious disease."

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/covid-19-older-adults-have-higher-risk-of-serious-illness/

Feel like an ass yet? 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

In the end whether it came from a lab or from the cave...there was no stopping it right away and the way you react was going to be pretty much the same.  I personally didn't buy what the Chinese were selling and still don't - but in the end, how did any of that change how we were treating the virus, or how we should have treated it?  Not too big a difference.  

I am curious about this. You are the doctor so I am just going to assume that you know more about this stuff than I do. But if, in fact, this was a virus that had been genetically engineered/modified in a lab, then when it first got out wouldn’t it have been unbelievably helpful in the fight against it if we knew the “recipe“ that went into making the virus?  I have to believe it would have been incredibly helpful in the making of the vaccines.  I also have no idea but I would have to assume that the lab ran all kinds of tests on the virus and how it might affect people.  Would the lab scientists have known that it would have a devastating impact on respiratory systems?  Wouldn’t that kind of knowledge have been extremely helpful in mitigating the disaster that it became?