Dr. Anthony Fauci Appreciation Thread

Texas St. Armadillos

I'm just glad this email dump has shown me that Tony Fauci and his closet full of pitchforks are the sole cause of the pandemic. And that misused or diverted funding for research that was badly bungled by some daredevils in Wuhan is also completely his fault and he's bad man and if that popcorn fart Keith Olbermann still had a show, Fauci would be the worst person in the world everyday for a decade.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

FiFY.

Also a revelation. Last I remember was arguing with him about whether sperrys are dress shoes (priceisright.horn), didn’t realize he had gone full blown

14 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Yes, clearly Tony Fauci loves and values money and global attention more than anything else over his 50 year career.  You got me, Marshal.

Personally I think his little Washington Nationals mask, his fruity little “man of science” routine, his whole “serving as a leader in public health for 7 presidential administrations” schtick - fuckin horseshit all driving towards his bio terror endgame.

Look at this -

4A1EEE2E-FE1F-4600-8728-E1310D6019AE.jpeg

Fucker thinks he’s slick. That’s a green screen. Behind that - hookers, blow, golden toilets, platinum etched uzis, all that grifter shit

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Lol, coming from the group he has to have their talking points spoon fed for them. Seriously, the manufactured outrage of a bunch of benign emails is hilarious. 

*Look Fauci got an email from someone who said the virus may or may not be altered. That some person later published an article saying it wasn't altered. Fauci knew China created the virus this whole time!*

* Look, Fauci has an email that says masks may provide margin benefits. See, he was lying when he said they don't provide great protection for the wearer earlier on!*

Seriously, y'all's shit is moronic. 

from the kings who invented manufactured outrage.  seriously, your shit is moronic.

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

So how does that go down publically?  You issue a travel ban without disclosing all of this and you get a lot of the teeth gnashing the suggestions of it caused in those early days.  You disclose all of this and we got retards wanting to go to war with China.  It's not a really easy needle to thread politically which unfortunately is where it has to be done.  

China says "we have had an accidental release of a SARS virus specimen from one of our labs in Wuhan, and out of an abundance of caution, we are broadly restricting travel and implementing aggressive quarantine measures to contain the virus to the proximal region. We are working vigilantly to contain the outbreak and welcome international assistance in the effort."  

Maybe they throw in "US NIH funded lab" for good measure.

Or, like the previous SARS lab outbreaks they do the cover up and obfuscate thing.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

China says "we have had an accidental release of a SARS virus specimen from one of our labs in Wuhan, and out of an abundance of caution, we are broadly restricting travel and implementing aggressive quarantine measures to contain the virus to the proximal region. We are working vigilantly to contain the outbreak and welcome international assistance in the effort."  

Maybe they throw in "US NIH funded lab" for good measure.

Or, like the previous SARS lab outbreaks they do the cover up and obfuscate thing.  

China wasn't going to say shit....we would have had to say it.  

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

Also a revelation. Last I remember was arguing with him about whether sperrys are dress shoes (priceisright.horn), didn’t realize he had gone full blown

Personally I think his little Washington Nationals mask, his fruity little “man of science” routine, his whole “serving as a leader in public health for 7 presidential administrations” schtick - fuckin horseshit all driving towards his bio terror endgame.

Look at this -

4A1EEE2E-FE1F-4600-8728-E1310D6019AE.jpeg

Fucker thinks he’s slick. That’s a green screen. Behind that - hookers, blow, golden toilets, platinum etched uzis, all that grifter shit

That face screams "I USED A RUBBER FIST ON YOUR GRANDMA LAST NIGHT AND SHE BLED ON MY TIE, SO I SLAPPED THE BITCH".

Hey, do you guys remember that time he didn't wear his mask at the Nationals game? What? There was no water bottle that he had just taken a drink out of. Liars! Stop sticking up for him!

Edited by mdmost

5 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

I'm just glad this email dump has shown me that Tony Fauci and his closet full of pitchforks are the sole cause of the pandemic. And that misused or diverted funding for research that was badly bungled by some daredevils in Wuhan is also completely his fault and he's bad man and if that popcorn fart Keith Olbermann still had a show, Fauci would be the worst person in the world everyday for a decade.

and the parade of strawmen begins...

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

and the parade of strawmen begins...

Nobody could really suspect the possibility of haphazard research or corner cutting or lax safety procedures in these types of facilities coming out of China.  Really out there shit, man.  No basis in reality. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m still at a loss how the right wing hate machine including everyone’s favorite neighbor poodle dog Rand Paul thinks that attacking Fauci is gonna do them a lick of good. They are obviously being fed spoon fed talking points just check out your dumbass friend on facebooks posts today. 

It’s funny because Anastasis is the only one on this thread actually making some decent points yet everyone is basically ignoring him because the idiots currently running this thread keep focusing on Fauci emails and asserting he somehow caused the virus. It’s so fucking dumb. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

I’m still at a loss how the right wing hate machine including everyone’s favorite neighbor poodle dog Rand Paul thinks that attacking Fauci is gonna do them a lick of good. They are obviously being fed spoon fed talking points just check out your dumbass friend on facebooks posts today. 

It’s funny because Anastasis is the only one on this thread actually making some decent points yet everyone is basically ignoring him because the idiots currently running this thread keep focusing on Fauci emails and asserting he somehow caused the virus. It’s so fucking dumb. 

more strawmen.  no one is asserting he "caused the virus"(whatever the fuck that means) or it is his fault.

13 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Dude, this:

"Fauci wrote: "Masks are really for infected people to prevent them from spreading infection to people who are not infected rather than protecting uninfected people from acquiring infection."

"The typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out virus, which is small enough to pass through material. It might, however, provide some slight benefit in keep out gross droplets if someone coughs or sneezes on you."

Is exactly what I fucking said. Masks have more potential to protect others from the wearer than protecting the wearer from others. 

Fauci was saying that masks don't provide great protection for the wearer. And it is entirely consistent with the messaging he did early. He told people that most masks weren't great at protecting them (the wearer). That was and is the truth. What he should have said at the time is that masks may protect others if your sick. But, again, in February and March, we didn't have enough masks for our medical professionals, so he was avoiding encouraging people to buy them. Once we had enough masks, the messaging started to change. It wasn't perfect, but it was the evil plot that you've portrayed. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

more strawmen.  no one is asserting he "caused the virus"(whatever the fuck that means) or it is his fault.

So... What exactly are you saying? Because what I've heard is that Fauci was funding Chinese research behind the back of Trump (and Obama?) and that led to the creation of the virus. Is that not what y'all are saying? Because, I gotta say, your messaging is a bit inconsistent on this point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

You would think that Tucker or Paul would ultimately have to get a single story even half right one of these days before getting everyone's hopes up yet again...but here we are.

Trump perp walk next week....

****sources say****

ad-nauseum

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

Trump 17 thread

Trump 18 thread

Trump 19 thread

Trump 20 thread

Shit, they're handing out press badges and Senate seats to Surly posters now? Y'all motherfuckers never told me.

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Here’s some white supremacy to stroke out overGreat Job Yes GIF by Hollywood Suite

Can someone connect the dots for me? I haven't been on a Covid thread in months...is it just Mad Libs* with words and gifs now?

*resist the low hanging fruit, I believe in you

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

So... What exactly are you saying? Because what I've heard is that Fauci was funding Chinese research behind the back of Trump (and Obama?) and that led to the creation of the virus. Is that not what y'all are saying? Because, I gotta say, your messaging is a bit inconsistent on this point. 

this is somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 weeks old because the press and social media labeled anything to do with the lab a conspiracy theory(Drink!). I'll restate what is already known and what I said upthread.  NIH/Fauci gave money to EcoHealth.  EcoHealth supported GoF in WIV with funds.  you'll never know if actual US funds were used to support GoF.  NIH did fund somewhat WIV work but it may not be related to GoF.  Fauci is a proponent of GoF.  GoF goes on in many places around the world.

now for the rest

Wuhan lab very likely fucked up protocols and the virus(modified or natural) got out.

It has been reported that Obama shut down GoF and Fauci started it back up. not sure if it can be confirmed.

No one is blaming Fauci for "causing the virus" or being responsible for millions of people dying.  that is squarely on the Chinese but if it is "modified" from its original form by the lab there are some serious questions to be asked IMO.

If the funds to EcoHealth did support GoF in WIV then some questions should be asked.  NIH may have even said that the funds can't go to WIV for GoV.

It would have been nice if we could have aimed all our fire squarely on the Chinese, WHO, and WIV and never started the "The OMG TRUMP is DOING EVERYTHING WRONG and FAUCI is the GREATEST MAN on the PLANET" but here we are. Some of the Fauci emails are suspicious in their timing and substance IMO.

The mask email response to the govt person is funny because he says basicially what I have been saying "its marginal effect for droplets when coughing and sneezing are occuring but kind of useless otherwise" and the science(Drink!) of airborne virus particles and masks was already well known when he made the comment on the email. yes N95 worn correctly can help. I actually wore one early on, correctly, when required and people commented on it because 99% of the people were wearing "masks" that could not stop the virus at all.

TLDR: Fauci is a bureaucrat of the highest order and I wouldn't put it past him to protect himself, his work, his legacy or his organization if he felt it necessary.  we'll see.  only a few things are known at this point.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

yeah he actually said the opposite in the email.  this guy was THE infectious disease expert.  an airborne virus and mask capabilities were not new to him when he said that. he was right when he said protects against droplets(from coughing/sneezing) when you are in close contact.

52 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Here is Fauci's quote, in the article you linked.

Fauci wrote: "Masks are really for infected people to prevent them from spreading infection to people who are not infected rather than protecting uninfected people from acquiring infection.

He was right then. His position hasn't changed. You just misunderstood.

Maybe y’all are mad at Fauci now because you’ve been mad at Fauci all along (because he is an enemy). And maybe y’all didn’t suddenly cease being medium slow and become smart when you started to get to the bottom of the conspiracy theories, and instead go down insane conspiracy rabbit holes because you are medium slow (and it makes you feel smart).

13 minutes ago, berlinerbaer said:

Here is Fauci's quote, in the article you linked.

He was right then. His position hasn't changed. You just misunderstood.

there are more quotes than that but of course you knew that.  I didn't misunderstand anything.  his position has changed.  you are misunderstanding what he said.

Five people are on a plane that is going to crash; Oprah, the Pope, Greta Thunberg, Trump and Dr. Fauci.

Only four parachutes though.

Fauci takes one, says "I’ve got to live so I can find a cure for this pandemic and jumps out of the plane."

The Pope takes one, says "I have to be there to provide spiritual guidance to the faithful during this pandemic and he jumps out."

Trump takes one, says "I have to live, I’m the smartest person in the world" and jumps out.

Oprah says to Greta, "You take the last one. I’ve lived a good life and yours is just beginning. You may save the world from climate change."

Greta says, "No worries. There is still one for each of us. The smartest man in the world just jumped out of the plane with my backpack."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1