2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

5 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Not this year, dude. The 2 party system fucking sucks and should be illegal. We don't allow that kind of monopoly on search engines, but our entire political infrastructure is cool? That said, NOT THIS FUCKING YEAR. Any vote not given to Biden is a vote given to Trump, no matter what other name is next to the box. If you want to vote for the most vile president in American history who has done more to damage our domestic and global position than any single individual in history, go ahead, that's your right. But own that shit. Own that you are voting for Trump if you don't vote for Biden.

I don't necessarily agree, but I can appreciate the perspective. 

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I have never held a delusion that my vote is a needle mover, or even really matters at all. 

I am not shitting on a thread, capitan. I made a quippy response. Something people on this board do on a variety of topics, ranging from how to cook a steak, to Texas shitting the bed on the football field, to people getting killed under unfortunate circumstances. You've had a real compensatory mod stick up your ass lately, but that really has nothing to do with me. The real world 2 major political parties steered us right into this mess last election. Maybe they will steer us out with Joe Fucking Biden. If you want to cast votes for people who do not really represent your beliefs and interests because that makes you feel like you are doing something to right the ship, knock yourself out. *crosses fingers*

Nice response. Only one problem with it. Donald Trump. Guess you forgot to mention him.

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

You've been thread shitting real hard lately, it's not that I disagree with you it's just pointless drivel with the current situation we are facing. I wasn't posting as a mod I was posting as myself. 

That's fine.  I think that you are just trying to compensate for the push back you are getting from other areas.  Not really sure why you are focused on my supposed thread shitting otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

#bothsides

#clockwork

He’s actually right about that one. His solution to 2016 though is crap. He will write in Kermit the frog for pres or some such other crap and tell us all about his superior he is because reasons...

8 hours ago, Pancho said:

Yeah, Kanye isn’t getting 100k votes. 

Based on this guy’s interview on CNN (Alderman in Milwaukee, Black guy) they know exactly what’s happening and it’s doing nothing bu galvanizing Black voters for Biden even more. 

I’m hopeful this won’t work. 

You mean to tell me that a bunch of GOP members from Wisconsin don't know how black people are going to vote?

Yeah me either. 

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

He’s actually right about that one. 

No he's not.  The Democrats nominated an unlikable DC insider, the Republicans nominated an evil narcissistic autocrat in waiting.

The two parties bear nothing like an equal share of the blame . . . but hey!  Libertarians.

• Like 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

No he's not.  The Democrats nominated an unlikable DC insider, the Republicans nominated an evil narcissistic autocrat in waiting.

The two parties bear nothing like an equal share of the blame . . . but hey!  Libertarians.

Fine. But the dems basically nominated the only person trump could actually beat, even though in reality he didn’t, but she made it close enough to steal. 

Hillary took over the party though and led the kamikaze mission. Wish that would not have happened. 

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Hillary took over the party though and led the kamikaze mission. Wish that would not have happened. 

We really don't need to relitigate this, but the DNC was broke.  Had a man done what Hillary did nobody would have batted an eye.

Third party people are the biggest pussies in the country. As if we somehow had THREE parties, then that would change anything.  GTFO.  The same pool of people running the two parties would be running this mystical unicorn third party.  But third party megaphone dumbasses refuse to acknowledge that point, and live in candy mountain rainbow cola world, where if we JUST had a third choice, we”d fix the political system.

its so monumentally stupid, that it’s hard to believe these folks are serious.  Just sofa king stupid 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Yeah sorry I fucked up shine and soap box. Point still stands. You are free to protest vote all you want, don't come in here acting like that's going to be a real needle mover for your desired outcome. 

Very few people are enthusiastically voting for Joe Biden, many more are enthusiastically voting against Trump. Don't shit on a thread projecting your dumbass ideals on a bunch of other people who live in the much less principled real world where voting for one of the 2 major parties that is definitely going to win the election is a thing. 

What you fail to understand is that Libertarians are noble geniuses who can judge us all from above on their high horse without ever in their life participating in the democracy we currently have in this country. It's not ever their fault, because the system neuters them, and they know it and they relish it in holding them unaccountable because their ideas suck yet they never have to prove it. Even Ron Paul knew that to get any meaningful coverage, he had to run in the two party system.  

There is only one choice in 2020 -- Trump vs Biden. JoJo is a no-go.  No shot in hell.  No better chance than Willie Nelson or Mickey Mouse.  But I look forward to the next four years of Libertarian both-sides-ism (which really means defending Republicans 98.9 percent of the time from so-called Libertarians) from the Anastasises of the world.

Edited by Tom
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

What's this? A candidate who admits he may have said something wrong, takes responsibility, and clarifies it? I didn't think that was allowed. 
It says a lot about us as a society that this, whether in politics, business, social relationships, whatever... is frowned upon.
Imagine being stupid enough to vote for any of these candidates. 
Lol there he is

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

What you fail to understand is that Libertarians are noble geniuses who can judge us all from above on their high horse without ever in their life participating in the democracy we currently have in this country.

I am not a dogmatic libertarian. I lean libertarian on certain core issues, but have shared a number of concrete policy ideas that cross lines of political philosophy.  You guys are fucking lazy with your strawmen. And we don't have a democracy in this country. So you are lazy and deluded. Cheers.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

It says a lot about us as a society that this, whether in politics, business, social relationships, whatever... is frowned upon.Lol there he is

I don't know what circles you run in, but in my own business and personal circles none of this shit flies. 

9 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I think you mean soap box, not shine box. I agree on Joe generally. I disagree that I should feel compelled to support the dysfunctional two party system.  I think that you are free to do as you please. Even if that means that you easy confuse things such as a shine box and a soap box.  

I think you meant to say Easily, instead of easy. Or perhaps you meant to type a To in after easy. Either way, when you whole play at intellectual superiority is to condescend someone’s speech, you might want to take the trouble to proofread your own shit before you hit send. As a serial fuckup of a typist, I can attest firsthand it’s really fucking embarrassing and sorta takes the whole wind out of your victory lap. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah, I meant “easily”. Although I wouldn’t capitalize it mid sentence like you did. 

Well, it was to draw attention to the specific word in question. Same with the To. Although sometimes the iPhone does that shit for me as I backspace and replace letters. But I digress. At this point, I don’t think anyone here can take your word for what you would and wouldn’t type out, sir. 

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, it was to draw attention to the specific word in question. Same with the To. Although sometimes the iPhone does that shit for me as I backspace and replace letters. But I digress. At this point, I don’t think anyone here can take your word for what you would and wouldn’t type out, sir. 

Yeah, the combination of autocorrect and fat (or fast, if you want) fingering a keyboard can lead to a grammar smack digression.  Like quippy responses to a variety of topics, a pretty typical surly pastime that we’ve all engaged in from time to time to pass time in the past time. 

* I had to read that three times before I submitted, but no guarantees that I got the grammar correct. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If I may break into this conversation here...noticed that PI has slowly had the gap narrow on Biden/Trump the last week, which didn’t really concern me as that market has always seemed to be artificially propped up by bots/trumpkins/dumbasses, but now the Dem/Pub market took a big move in the same direction and that one has always been much more sane / reflective of the real world. 

Safe to assume this is because of Biden’s ‘gaffe’ or is it more ‘well DT hasn’t done anything extremely stupid in the last 48 hours + what Biden said hurr durr’ or is it truly reflective of updated polling?  

The comments there are brutal, and a google news search just shows that his free fall has stopped...but doesn’t really offer any info why.  I’m guessing his base won’t budge but the rest have made up their minds?  Still just blows me away how numb we’ve become to his constant faggotronics 

10 minutes ago, Homercles said:

If I may break into this conversation here...noticed that PI has slowly had the gap narrow on Biden/Trump the last week, which didn’t really concern me as that market has always seemed to be artificially propped up by bots/trumpkins/dumbasses, but now the Dem/Pub market took a big move in the same direction and that one has always been much more sane / reflective of the real world.  

Not really -it’s trading in such a tight range that it looks like a trend, when it’s really just the outsize influence of frequent, noisy, outlier polls. That being said, I do think we’ll see disaffected Republicans “come home” over the next 6 weeks and the race will tighten. 

The two things to watch are the state polls and the generic congressional ballot. Those will tell the story more clearly than the national presidential polls. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The two things to watch are the state polls and the generic congressional ballot. Those will tell the story more clearly than the national presidential polls. 

Yep.  People pay far too much attention to the national polls.  65.9M > 63.0M, but a fat lot of good that did us.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Either way, when you whole play at intellectual superiority is to condescend someone’s speech, you might want to take the trouble to proofread your own shit before you hit send.

*your

In today's grammar notes, I looked up "condescend" and learned that (a) it is a "catenative" verb and (b) almost excursively precedes the infinitive "to" or "toward(s)".  Can one actually "condescend someone's speech"?

I'll get my coffee now.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I think you meant to say Easily, instead of easy. Or perhaps you meant to type a To in after easy. Either way, when you whole play at intellectual superiority is to condescend someone’s speech, you might want to take the trouble to proofread your own shit before you hit send. As a serial fuckup of a typist, I can attest firsthand it’s really fucking embarrassing and sorta takes the whole wind out of your victory lap. 

*your

Lolz

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah, I meant “easily”. Although I wouldn’t capitalize it mid sentence like you did. 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Third party people are the biggest pussies in the country. As if we somehow had THREE parties, then that would change anything.  GTFO.  The same pool of people running the two parties would be running this mystical unicorn third party.  But third party megaphone dumbasses refuse to acknowledge that point, and live in candy mountain rainbow cola world, where if we JUST had a third choice, we”d fix the political system.

its so monumentally stupid, that it’s hard to believe these folks are serious.  Just sofa king stupid 

Just want to comment that your handle and avatar is my boss's real life uncle.  Uncle Ted!

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think it's quite plain that on a site full of people with college degrees and a political forum filled with lawyers, doctors, and various other post-graduate types, Anastasis is the only one who has it all figured out and we should listen to him.  That just makes sense.  Obviously.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

*your

In today's grammar notes, I looked up "condescend" and learned that (a) it is a "catenative" verb and (b) almost excursively precedes the infinitive "to" or "toward(s)".  Can one actually "condescend someone's speech"?

I'll get my coffee now.

I caught that well after editing, and was hoping it would just slip on by. That being said, I also copped to being a typo machine in my first post, and spelling and grammar is rarely the entire basis I use to establish my intellectual superiority. 

Yes.

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Has there been an ad yet that scrolls every Trump property and the dollar amounts that taxpayers have spent propping them up? Cannot recall which group/reporter did the details on that, especially since the Feds were not super forthcoming about it. That would be an impressive tally.

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I caught that well after editing, and was hoping it would just slip on by. That being said, I also copped to being a typo machine in my first post, and spelling and grammar is rarely the entire basis I use to establish my intellectual superiority. 

I'm not sure I've ever seen you do that.  I was just giving you the business (to quote my Dad, the real world Ward Cleaver).

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think it's quite plain that on a site full of people with college degrees and a political forum filled with lawyers, doctors, and various other post-graduate types, Anastasis is the only one who has it all figured out and we should listen to him.  That just makes sense.  Obviously.

I've never claimed to be the only one who has it all figured out. I appreciate the insights and perspectives of a great many posters here, even the ones I disagree with. What I have done on the other hand is shared my opinions, and then vigorously defended them (some ad nauseam for sure). Yeah, with some quips and snark and attempts at humor interspersed from time to time. I think that's kind of the point of a political sub forum. In some cases I end up right, in others I end up wrong.  In most cases there are just shade of gray based on differing perspectives. The ones where I end up right leave some people butt hurt, and the ones where I end up wrong people will line up to spike the football. If you have a problem with any of that, I encourage you to use the ignore function.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I'd still like to see you lay out in very simple, concise terms, step by step, exactly where you think the Obama administration and the DNC went wrong.  I know you feel you've done that, but every single time you pepper your language with lingo that many of us simply don't understand.  For instance, I still don't know what a "cutout" is.  I can't figure it out from context.  It isn't in any dictionary, at least in the manner politicos use it.  Reading wonk writing is like reading the prose of a Rhetoric professor -- almost none of them can communicate their ideas because they spend all their time in a bubble speaking among themselves in a tangential, non-standard form of English.  (I'm serious about this.  Go read RhetComp profs' blogs.  It might as well be Greek, and I don't think it's all because of my limited intellect.)

Start at the top.  What was the first transgression?  I'm actually open to being convinced.