Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

31 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

“Other” partisans should have clearances revoked, but not all partisans. Just the right partisans should keep them. 

That's unreal. So chilling for free speech. I know that DOTUS knows more about every subject than any other human, but there might be occasions where the IC might want to talk to previous heads of the intelligence agencies about the lessons that they learned during their tenures?

Edited by retread

You know what's going to happen right? Mueller will come out and say there was collusion by Trump and provide proof but Trump and all of his followers will call the proof lies made up by the deep state and say even it was true, that's not collusion. I was just being friendly. Anything that Mueller comes out with, Trumpkins are so hard-core they will believe anything their cult leader says. Trump could say the sky is red and all would believe despite their own eyes.

• Like 3

I got to thinking about the Mueller report concluding Trump is an unregistered foreign agent of the Russian government.  It wouldn’t be hard to do if there is money involved.

Flynn and Manafort both retroactively registered a foreign agents.  Flynn with Turkey.  Manafort with Ukraine.

I wonder if it would move the needle with Trump?

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, sachick said:

You know what's going to happen right? Mueller will come out and say there was collusion by Trump and provide proof but Trump and all of his followers will call the proof lies made up by the deep state and say even it was true, that's not collusion. I was just being friendly. Anything that Mueller comes out with, Trumpkins are so hard-core they will believe anything their cult leader says. Trump could say the sky is red and all would believe despite their own eyes.

It doesn't matter wtf Mueller finds.  Trump will hold on to his 30% no matter what he does...he would need to buttfuck a preteen boy (girl would pass) on national television to lose that 30% base - even then he'd keep half those at worst.  He holds these rallies because he knows his day of reckoning is coming and having that base protects him, in his own mind...at the very least.  

There is no doubt in my mind much of the country would have no problem aligning with the Russians if it means sticking it to browns/libs/gays etc.  Pretty crazy to think about but that's likely not going to change any time soon.  And with Trump literally silencing his critics we head towards a banana republic...the founders have put many stops in place against this sort of bullshit but those safe guards going to be tested. 

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

It doesn't matter wtf Mueller finds.  Trump will hold on to his 30% no matter what he does...he would need to buttfuck a preteen boy (girl would pass) on national television to lose that 30% base - even then he'd keep half those at worst.  He holds these rallies because he knows his day of reckoning is coming and having that base protects him, in his own mind...at the very least.  

There is no doubt in my mind much of the country would have no problem aligning with the Russians if it means sticking it to browns/libs/gays etc.  Pretty crazy to think about but that's likely not going to change any time soon.  And with Trump literally silencing his critics we head towards a banana republic...the founders have put many stops in place against this sort of bullshit but those safe guards going to be tested. 

80% of Trump's base would watch that and go "HELL YEAH HE'S TROLLING THOSE LIBTARDS EVEN HARDER THAN HIS DICK IS RIGHT NOW IN THAT LITTLE BOY! THAT'S A REAL MAN THERE!"

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

It's not that Americans are being distracted away from campaign finance or our ballooning deficit/debt, it's just that nobody seems to care about it. 

9 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

80% of Trump's base would watch that and go "HELL YEAH HE'S TROLLING THOSE LIBTARDS EVEN HARDER THAN HIS DICK IS RIGHT NOW IN THAT LITTLE BOY! THAT'S A REAL MAN THERE!"

Well I know whose NOT directing Guardian of the Galaxy Vol. 3. 

https://jalopnik.com/trump-will-start-a-war-with-california-this-week-over-a-1827804138

President Trump’s plan to rollback Obama-era fuel economy targets is set to be unveiled this week, and if a new report from Bloomberg is accurate, that’ll include a revocation of California’s authority to set its own auto emission standards. For automakers, it’s their worst fear come alive.

Car companies have been anxiously awaiting the proposal because, if Trump moves ahead with revoking California’s authority to set emissions, the state will push back again and automakers could wind up having to make cars to fit two different standards.

A court battle could take years to play out, leaving automakers in the lurch with California’s standards in place during the litigation and the rolled back goals set under Trump’s plan. Twelve states and the District of Columbia follow California’s standards, comprising 40 percent of the car buying public.

And now, based on Bloomberg’s reporting, that’s exactly what the Trump administration wants to do.

The Trump administration will seek to revoke California’s authority to regulate automobile emissions—including its mandate for electric car sales—in a proposed revision of Obama-era standards, according to three people familiar with the plan.

The proposal, expected to be released this week, amounts to a frontal assault on one of former President Barack Obama’s signature regulatory programs to curb greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to climate change. It also sets up a high-stakes battle over California’s unique ability to combat air pollution and, if finalized, is sure to set off a protracted courtroom battle.

If successful, Bloomberg said Trump’s plan would amount to one of his “biggest regulatory rollbacks yet.” While the court system addresses the issue, it’ll likely put automakers in a squishy position, too, with more stringent goals in place for California and the states that follow its standards, and more-relaxed standards everywhere else. 

Since Californians buy about 2 million cars a year, to call the state a “significant auto market” is an understatement.

Bloomberg says that the EPA and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration are expected to argue the proposed rollback and revocation of California’s waiver will “reduce traffic fatalities by making it cheaper for drivers to replace older, less-safe cars, while paring sticker prices for new vehicles even if motorists have to spend more for gasoline.” It’s a justification that makes little sense.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sachick said:

It's all coming to an end.  That article saying that he is solidifying his base while losing independents feels right to me.  35% of the nation will love him and build statues of him for the next 1000 years.  65% of the nation wouldn't consider voting for him at gunpoint.

14 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It's all coming to an end.  That article saying that he is solidifying his base while losing independents feels right to me.  35% of the nation will love him and build statues of him for the next 1000 years.  65% of the nation wouldn't consider voting for him at gunpoint.

they have 20 years, tops

I kind of have a feeling like Trump's base will never stop "supporting" him, but that's about it. They might wave a flag at a MAGA rally but they won't phone bank, march in the streets, knock on doors, or do anything to convert that support into additional votes or sway mainstream opinion. They would rather eat their own skin than admit they were wrong, but can always privately just sit out election day and save face.

Edited by Grandioso

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Ouch.

You mean all those one time $1,000 bonuses issued at the end of 2017 that were probably already factored into the FY budgets didn't contribute to higher 2018 wages and just were great PR boosts to hide stock buybacks?

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Hillary... good?

Sure.  I'm not much interested in her getting into trolling battles with Trump, but if she wants to bring attention to the family separation issue which has fallen off the front page, yes, "good."

Edited by Tuco
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

makes sense.

hm.  then revoking their clearance seems really dumb.  they only get classified material when someone with clearance reaches out to them.  it's not like they are copied on the daily security briefing.  so he's just making sure his administration has fewer tools to work with.

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

hm.  then revoking their clearance seems really dumb.  they only get classified material when someone with clearance reaches out to them.  it's not like they are copied on the daily security briefing.  so he's just making sure his administration has fewer tools to work with.

When you resort to manufacturing crises as a function of survival, you probably don't want it to get fixed.  This shit is unsustainable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

More like fewer tools and more "tools", so par for the course with this administration.

11 minutes ago, retread said:

The Bill Moyers timeline of the Russia investigation has moved. Interesting read.

https://investigaterussia.org/timelines/everything-we-know-about-russia-and-president-trump

If anyone wants a crash course in Trump-Russia, this is a great place to start.

As massive as this timeline is, it’s probably only a fraction of Mueller’s timeline.

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Mueller's report plus a Democratic House is going to make for a very fun 2019.

Fun would not be the word I would use.  I get it, you’ll be happy because your team is winning but I’m telling you, America will be suffering in 2019. It’s not going to be fun.  It’s going to be ugly and painful.  However, it must happen if we are going to have any hope of keeping this experiment going. 

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Fun would not be the word I would use.  I get it, you’ll be happy because your team is winning but I’m telling you, America will be suffering in 2019. It’s not going to be fun.  It’s going to be ugly and painful.  However, it must happen if we are going to have any hope of keeping this experiment going. 

American politics has always been ugly and painful.

33 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Mueller's report plus a Democratic House is going to make for a very fun 2019.

FatFuck will very likely stroke out...I'm still not convinced the D's won't fuck this up though.  IF they do manage to get their chips to the cage, we'll see Dotard go off a cliff. 

• Like 1