Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

It is weird to think about.  Flagship universities even in red red states are pretty liberal.  U of Alabama for instance.  You’d have to go the evangelical u route.  Liberty.  Oral Roberts.  Something like that.  But I bet Trump wants something more high profile.  So he’ll look around until he can get a Baylor or TCU like school.  Enough evangelicals that can be leveraged into taking it, but not so big as to have the necessary common sense.  

16 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It is weird to think about.  Flagship universities even in red red states are pretty liberal.  U of Alabama for instance.  You’d have to go the evangelical u route.  Liberty.  Oral Roberts.  Something like that.  But I bet Trump wants something more high profile.  So he’ll look around until he can get a Baylor or TCU like school.  Enough evangelicals that can be leveraged into taking it, but not so big as to have the necessary common sense.  

A&M will kick H.W. Bush out and build a gold-plated library in honor of Trump.

Okay. #bothsides

The chart was clearly to represent that the bigly tax cuts did not trickle down and lead to higher wages.  Which was the whole reason for the law!  No wonder they aren't running on it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Looking forward to all the universities fighting over the Trump Presidential Library.

Nobody will want it, but if the library actually opens up about his Presidency, it will easily be the most entertaining Presidential library in existence. I think a real university should hold their nose and take the plunge. Liberty will run it like a North Korean war museum. A real university will bs with him to get it built, but will flip the switch on the truth as soon as he has passed away. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

13 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Notice how small the print is for “Among Republicans” 

Di1HUD6UYAA2Kek?format=jpg&name=large

That’s not deceptive or anything for grandma that can barely read the screen.

You know he picked this picture out himself, he's so angry looking. I guess it makes all his followers think he's really really tough.

57 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Nobody will want it, but if the library actually opens up about his Presidency, it will easily be the most entertaining Presidential library in existence. I think a real university should hold their nose and take the plunge. Liberty will run it like a North Korean war museum. A real university will bs with him to get it built, but will flip the switch on the truth as soon as he has passed away. 

And then be subjected to harassing lawsuits from Ivanka, Don Jr, and Eric for years. It's the Trump way. 

19 minutes ago, sachick said:

You know he picked this picture out himself, he's so angry looking. I guess it makes all his followers think he's really really tough.

Speaking of the photo; I went to my spouse's workplace last week (she's a fed) and the first thing I noticed was his photo had been replaced.

At noon on the 20th of January 2017, his original photo went up...and it was that angry looking/pissed off photo that had been photoshopped in front of a flag.  It was just an abomination.

The pic that is posted now is one of him smiling.  I asked my wife when the photo had been replaced and she didn't know, but did remember the original angry photo.

It's possible that someone in the WH decided the official Trump presidential portrait needed to be of him smiling.  It looks just as goofy as the angry photo, to be honest.

Any president can visit troops in a war zone.

But only Donald J. Trump has visited American cities recently liberated from MS-13 control by ICE. Did Obama do that? Nope.

Edited by Js1
  • Like 2

NSIAP

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-23/trump-is-said-to-seek-repeal-of-california-s-smog-fighting-power

The proposal, expected to be released this week, amounts to a frontal assault on one of former President Barack Obama’s signature regulatory programs to curb emissions that contribute to climate change. It also sets up a high-stakes battle over California’s unique ability to combat air pollution and, if finalized, is sure to set off a protracted courtroom battle.

California, for its part, rejects the idea that its 48 years of ability to write its own tailpipe emission rules should end. “We have the law on our side, as well as the people of the country and the people of the world,” said Dan Sperling, a member of the state’s Air Resources Board.

California, with more than 2 million new cars and light trucks sold last year, is the nation’s biggest state market -- on par with Canada. A dozen other states follow California’s vehicle rules, and together account for more than a third of U.S. auto sales. Colorado also plans to adopt California’s clean-car rules.

California and 16 other states plus the District of Columbia filed a lawsuit on May 2 seeking to block the Trump administration’s effort to unravel the Obama-era emissions targets. Sperling said that number will grow as more people come to realize how fundamentally Trump is attacking the idea of states’ rights.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Party of fiscal responsibility.

republicans dont stand for shit. fiscal responsibility used to be a battle cry and now they shit on it. only thing of value the pubs bring is blocking some looney tune shit. if republicans cared about money and being fiscally responsible they would legalize weed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Trump won't accept anything less than an Ivy, at least initially. He wouldn't give serious consideration to Raymond Kethledge because he went to Michigan Law instead of Harvard or Yale.

He may eventually get desperate and take something like Baylor or Liberty, but he will think he should get one at least at Penn to start.

4 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

you east coast elitists in your ivory towers sure do have a disdain for the hardworking american farmer.

when the dems vote against this, the attack ads will say exactly that.

Midwestern Dems (the few that are left) will definitely vote for it.  They will point out, correctly, that it was Trump that created the problem, but that doesn't mean they can ignore it.  Supporting farmers has never been a question for them, regardless of the political futility on trying to win their votes.

But, politically, it's a wedge issue for Republicans, even Midwestern Republicans.

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Looking forward to all the universities fighting over the Trump Presidential Library.

Hopefully all of the important Presidential papers will be securely filed away in evidence boxes.

• Like 2