Trump’s Gestapo in Portland

Hugo Stiglitz

18 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Which is why Zimmerman is not in prison.  Got it. 

eta: Right, wrong, indifferent.  It doesn't change what I stated. It was a divisive statement then, would be now.  

It wasn’t a divisive statement unless you’re an abject racist. What an awful comparison  that shows a lot about your real opinions.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

I think it’s pretty funny that trump thinks by sending in his paramilitary into cities and stroking violence online on Twitter that his “suburban housewives” are gonna vote for him because of his strong response.

He is such a fucking moron. Women are not as stupid as men are and will rightfully see who is causing all the violence and it’s trump his idiot self and his right wing Erik Prince private army and it’s small dick supporters. 

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

It wasn’t a divisive statement unless you’re an abject racist. What an awful comparison  that shows a lot about your real opinions.

It doesn't show shit about me.  It was very well stated and talked about issue that many in the country had when he made it.  It was divisive.  You might feel everyone who doesn't feel the same way as you is a racist (surprise), but it doesn't change the fact, it was divisive.  Even if it divided the racists from the non-racist, it was still...divisive.  Which is what I said, and why I used it as an example.  

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

It doesn't show shit about me.  It was very well stated and talked about issue that many in the country had when he made it.  It was divisive.  You might feel everyone who doesn't feel the same way as you is a racist (surprise), but it doesn't change the fact, it was divisive.  Even if it divided the racists from the non-racist, it was still...divisive.  Which is what I said, and why I used it as an example.  

Tell me what was divisive about it?

And what shows plenty about you is that you chose to compare a murderer and a murder victim

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

So a statement that "black people are equal" would also be divisive because racists would be upset?

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Well, that definitely isn't true, yet.  There's plenty that believe he's someone who unfortunately had to defend himself, thru force.  

I’m not gonna go back and forth with you about the fact that Zimmerman murdered a kid. Again, you’re showing yourself just fine on your own.

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

So a statement that "black people are equal" would also be divisive because racists would be upset?

Sure.  Trump is plenty divisive.  Bush was.  Don't know why it's a huge stretch to say Obama was.  Many of his policies were, along with his input into social realm like the Martin/Zimmerman case.  It wasn't a groundbreaking revelation, unless you are the group that feels anyone who didn't vote or care for him is racist.  

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Like I said, courts got it wrong I guess.

So you're drawing moral equivalence between a kid acting stupidly who was killed and a stupid kid who crossed state lines to kill two people.  Okay, then.  Your biases are clear.

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

So you're drawing moral equivalence between a kid acting stupidly who was killed and a stupid kid who crossed state lines to kill two people.  Okay, then.  Your biases are clear.

If you are certain that he crossed state lines to kill people, you bias is also clear.

• Fuck You 2

Just now, fattyflattie said:

If you are certain that he crossed state lines to kill people, you bias is also clear.

Ok.  Is this better?  You're comparing a stupid kid who was killed to a stupid kid who killed others?  If you think those 2 things are comparable....

And yes, I have a "bias," based on these two kids' actions.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You’re comparing a kid who was breaking the law and murdered two people to a kid who was walking home and was murdered. 
Yea the point is that we aren’t hiding our bias and you are. Your bias is towards murderers, ours is toward victims.

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Sure.  Trump is plenty divisive.  Bush was.  Don't know why it's a huge stretch to say Obama was.  Many of his policies were, along with his input into social realm like the Martin/Zimmerman case.  It wasn't a groundbreaking revelation, unless you are the group that feels anyone who didn't vote or care for him is racist.  

Or letting St. Louis burn 

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So.....a city "burns" under Obama, and it's Obama's fault.

Several cities "burn" under Trump, and it's.....Democrat mayors' fault.

This is the dichotomy we're dealing with.

I'm going by a lot of y'alls thought on federalism.

Edited by workswithseed

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

I'm going buy a lot of y'all's thought on federalism.

I mean.....except when it comes to blaming Obama.  So, you're a federalist when it exonerates Trump.....but not a federalist when it comes to blaming Obama?  Just trying to figure it out here.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean.....except when it comes to blaming Obama.  So, you're a federalist when it exonerates Trump.....but not a federalist when it comes to blaming Obama?  Just trying to figure it out here.

I’m checking in as fan of neither of them.  I do think leadership at the highest levels can make things ALOT worse, but only a little better. It’s hard to get the toothpaste back in the tube, of course. 

20 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

So everything is divisive.  OK.  Jesus.  I'll feed you one more time, though..... 

Color me as over-generalizing, but I do think that anyone that either (1) feels what Obama said about Trayvon Martin was inappropriate, wrong, or pot-stirring, or (2) defends any decision Rittenhouse made from the time he decided to go to WI to walk through a protest with a long gun through his first trigger pull, is at best ignorant of their white privilege and at worst a racist.  I'm comfortable saying that.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

So we agree that it's neither of their fault.

Nope.  I believe that presidents are responsible for what they are responsible for, and mayors are responsible for what they are responsible for.  And local PDs are responsible for what they are responsible for doing (or not doing).  None of this is an either/or.  And yes, any of those can make the situation markedly better or worse.

34 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Well, that definitely isn't true, yet.  There's plenty that believe he's someone who unfortunately had to defend himself, thru force.  

George Zimmerman didn't HAVE to do anything. He was literally told by law enforcement after they asked him if he was following TM, a guy GZ considered suspicious cuz he was walking around looking at houses (like Rob Reiner at Nigel's guitar, I guess), "you don't have to do that". Zimmerman, who had called law enforcement 50 times prior for crimes such as open garage doors and children playing in the street, wasn't minding his own business when he was accosted by TM. He expressed his animosity towards TM over the phone to law enforcement, saying "these assholes, they always get away", then initiated the engagement.

There's plenty of people who believe in lizard people and that Democrats are Satan-worshipping children cannibals, including GOP primary-winning candidates.

Is stating Democrats aren't Satan-worshipping children cannibals divisive now? Is stating the pandemic isn't a hoax divisive? 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Is stating Democrats aren't Satan-worshipping children cannibals divisive now? Is stating the pandemic isn't a hoax divisive? 

The answer is yes.  Yes it is.  Facts have a well known liberal bias, and by citing facts, you are being divisive.

I wish I was exaggerating.  I really do.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

George Zimmerman didn't HAVE to do anything. He was literally told by law enforcement after they asked him if he was following TM, a guy GZ considered suspicious cuz he was walking around looking at houses (like Rob Reiner at Nigel's guitar, I guess), "you don't have to do that". Zimmerman, who had called law enforcement 50 times prior for crimes such as open garage doors and children playing in the street, wasn't minding his own business when he was accosted by TM. He expressed his animosity towards TM over the phone to law enforcement, saying "these assholes, they always get away", then initiated the engagement.

There's plenty of people who believe in lizard people and that Democrats are Satan-worshipping children cannibals, including GOP primary-winning candidates.

FWIW, the post you quoted was about that pudgy fucker in WI, not Zimmerman.  Which is why I said, yet.  Jury's still out on whether he was there to hunt people, or was defending himself, or a mixture of both.  And by jury, I mean an actual jury, most here have already made their minds up. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The biggest change that has to happen is for the comfortable, powerful class in America to fucking ALLOW black voices to gain volume and power. 

In the eyes of many, that was the biggest and most egregious sin of Barack Obama. He dared to allow black voices the right to be heard. The prickling of the spine and conscience, the defensiveness, the uncomfortable feeling that rippled across America caused some folks to examine their thoughts, their actions, their institutions, and the privilege they took for granted. But far too many refused. Refused to listen, refused to think critically about the complexities in race relations in America. The accusations flew about the internet on a daily basis, amplified by those who favor a separatist society.

And Armaud Arbery's final moments were hashed out in chat rooms, discussed over coffee, and his short life examined with a fine tooth comb in order that his death be settled and filed away as the actions of someone who happened to be black while jogging.

Black Lives Matter.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/outside-agitators-blamed-for-disrupting-protests-dc-mayor/ar-BB18yFNs

"When we make arrests for violent protests, we need those violent agitators to be prosecuted," Bowser said. "When we arrest people for felony charges, we need the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, who is a federal appointee of the president, to prosecute them. Right now, there's no accountability for the people who came to these protests and attacked our police."

She added that there appeared to be no willingness by the U.S. attorney to prosecute them.

As of Sunday, 68 felony warrants are awaiting processing at the U.S. Attorney's Office, including three assaults on a police officer, according to information released by MPD. Two of those charges were submitted in June and one in July. Some of the warrants date back to November 2019.

blah, blah, blah, more violence and arrests....

Over Sunday night, a group of more than 100 individuals marched throughout the city. At 9 p.m., the group set two small fires near the White House, which were quickly extinguished. As the group marched toward Thomas Circle around 10:15 p.m., some of the agitators fired smoke bombs, fireworks, and other munitions toward police. They also defaced property with spray paint. 

"At 11:45 p.m., they became increasingly aggressive," Newsham said. "They were spitting, hurling balloons filled with urine at police officers. Bricks and bottles were also thrown at our officers, as well as fireworks." 

One agitator attempted to strike an MPD motor officer with a vehicle, which was later stopped by the Virginia State Police, who took the occupants into custody.

In total, MPD arrested 14 individuals Sunday night, charging them with felony rioting. Five officers were injured and two vehicles were damaged.

More than 70 percent of the individuals arrested over the last four days were not from D.C.

"They appeared to be folks who are coming to our peaceful city with the intent of destroying property and hurting folks," Newsham said. "As we constantly say whenever we have these events in our city, we welcome peaceful demonstrations like we had on Friday. If you come to the city with the intent of destroying property or hurting people, we have a responsibility to take you into custody."

Just saw this on the local news.  So, 70% are outside agitators that when arrested won't get prosecuted by the US Attorney, Federally appointed by the president.  Guess they're tough on crime except outside agitators (and Trumps campaign officials: Manafort, Stone, Flynn, etc.) to support their defense of going into cities and cracking down on violent protestors.  Gee, wonder why?  Wondering how many of these outside agitators are plants?

Edited by Mdhorn

without explicit evidence of plants I'll just assume it's rabble rousers wanting to make the other side look bad.  or bad apples on the right side.  or good guys who were provoked.  but conspiratorial plants?  doubtful.

I hope they are reporting on that as much as possible.  1) it might make someone, somewhere think twice about doing stupid shit at a riot  2) it's hard to stomach thinking that people are causing this damage, and no one is being held responsible. 

I haven't seen much on it, but I've mostly been following it here.  I hope the people that are caught red handed, actually destroying things/being violent, get hammered to the fullest extent.  No love lost.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

FWIW, the post you quoted was about that pudgy fucker in WI, not Zimmerman.  Which is why I said, yet.  Jury's still out on whether he was there to hunt people, or was defending himself, or a mixture of both.  And by jury, I mean an actual jury, most here have already made their minds up. 

No the jury is not still out. He didnt drive all the way there to defend himself you fuckstick troll.

6 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

So everything is divisive.  OK.  Jesus.  I'll feed you one more time, though..... 

Color me as over-generalizing, but I do think that anyone that either (1) feels what Obama said about Trayvon Martin was inappropriate, wrong, or pot-stirring, or (2) defends any decision Rittenhouse made from the time he decided to go to WI to walk through a protest with a long gun through his first trigger pull, is at best ignorant of their white privilege and at worst a racist.  I'm comfortable saying that.  

For the life of me, I will never understand why a certain kind of person became unglued about Obama’s innocuous comment of consolation and comfort regarding Treyvon Martin. Only those straining to be offended would have been by what he said.

When one considers that Trump routinely punches down on private citizens, the fierce backlash Obama experienced for calling the “actions” of stupid Cambridge police officers, “stupid”, makes the unprecedented and unique privilege of Trump all the more enraging.

Edited by Satchel
  • Hook 'Em 6