2018 Body Transformation Thread

16 hours ago, Bernard said:

Holy shit. The student has become the master. 140 lbs is fucking awesome. I got complacent after 85-90 pounds. Maintained it, but I want to go further. Still trying to break a hundred. My ultimate goal right now is 140 pounds, from 324 to 185 at 6'5".

BTW. You've been on the Snake Diet without even knowing it. Check out Snake Diet guru Cole Robinson on You Tube.  

Bernard

185 at 6'5", wow.  I'm 6'4" and can't imagine being 185.  Shooting for 195-200.

15 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

So between Drummond, Spiral Out, Bernard and myself, we've lost 415 lbs in 2018 so far.  That's insane.  I'm bringing up the rear of the pack. Gotta pick up the pace!

Include me in this and it's at 500.

I'm at 82 pounds lost so far since the beginning of April.

I've hit another stall.  I'm at 234.8 this morning and have been hovering from 234 to 236 for the last week.  Still doing IF eating once a day Keto and exercising 5 days per week.  I'm kind of of the mindset that it won't come off as fast now but dammit, it's tough to stay motivated.

• Like 1

Focus on your fitness improvements. My weight has stalled at 216. However, my clothes are fitting better. I can jog farther than I’ve been able to in a long time, even with a jacked up knee. Im getting stronger. All of those are positives, even if the weight is slow coming off now.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

I've watched one of his videos before. Not sure I can stand him if they're all like that.  He's an asshole.

I felt the exact same way at first. He grows on you though. Some of his shit is off the rails, but his fasting advise is legit; extreme, but legit.

Bernard

On 8/21/2018 at 1:22 PM, SpiralOut said:

My problem right now is losing too much weight too fast.  Fasting + Keto rips the pounds off of you.  And it's easy.  When you aren't ever hungry, what's fasting?  It's a breeze.  I could easily go like Mr. Drummond and just hardly ever eat.  

I'm down over 100 pounds since the start of the year.  Except now I've switched to eating more calories and weight lifting in a serious attempt to stall my weight loss.  Started noticing some loose skin and I absolutely do not want to end up as a human trash bag that flaps in the wind. 

This is awesome!  You are probably at the point where you want to start cultivating the mass.  That's an awesome spot to be!  Eat healthy, lift 3 days a week and depending on your current weight/mobility/age/joint health you could do some interval training to build endurance and sweat out calories.

1 hour ago, deft said:

Bday is this weekend as well and I’ve been eating somewhat cleaner. Let’s see if I fuck it up.

Can someone summarize the snake diet so I don’t have to watch some long dumbass video?

Snek eat once. Last long time. Snek cold blooded. Eat More Chiken.

At McCarron on my way home after a 5 day business trip to Vegas. Have actually been really good. Stayed with the keto all week. No sweets, no treats, super low cards and stayed on IF. Will be interesting to see what the scale says tomorrow morning. Averaged about 15000 steps a day and hit the gym 2 of the 5 days. 

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, lonestarsooner said:

At McCarron on my way home after a 5 day business trip to Vegas. Have actually been really good. Stayed with the keto all week. No sweets, no treats, super low cards and stayed on IF. Will be interesting to see what the scale says tomorrow morning. Averaged about 15000 steps a day and hit the gym 2 of the 5 days. 

Hmmm, was 183.9 Monday morning before I left for Vegas Monday morning.  Came in at 183.4 this morning.  Only lost half a pound in Vegas this week even with eating extremely keto and IF and walking/exercising all week.  Interesting.  We'll see what the next few days bring.  May be at the point where exercising is starting to build back more muscle and will actually make it tougher to lose pounds.  Did lose another inch off my waist this week so that's positive movement.  Long term goal is still 180.  Might take me a couple of more weeks to get there...

Just mixed up my first batch of custom Snake Juice.

1L Ozarka

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp no salt

1/4 tsp pink salt

1/4 tsp epsom salt

1/4 tsp borax

1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

With all of the mixed reviews on taste, I was thinking it'd be awful.  It's not.  The cayenne actually helps a lot.  The little bit of an afterburn makes it pretty nice.

40 hours into a fast.  Not sure how long I'll go.  Maybe through Friday afternoon.  I might want to eat before the Bowie game, or maybe I wait and eat on Saturday while watching football all day.

Oddly enough, I gained weight today.  0.8 lbs.  I always gain my first day on a fast.  Stupid body.

I've been on the diet roller coaster for 3 years now. I started at 295 (I'm 6'6", almost 45 yrs old, for the record), did a straight calorie restriction diet and counted everything. Got down to 250 and plateaued hard. Got really discouraged, gave up, went back to 295. Then I tried low carb, got down to 250 pretty quickly but my body just gave up. If I saw another piece of lettuce, I was gonna kill someone. So I gave up, went back to 295.

April of this year, I decided to make changes but not put myself through a mental ringer. I just gave up sweets (hard!), cut back from overloading on carbs, drank more water and just stopped stuffing my face all the time. Boredom is a killer for me, I just jam chips or M&Ms down my gullet if I don't watch it. I also spaced out my goals. I knew I was going on vacation in late September, so goal #1 was to get to 275. I reached that this past weekend, so yay for me. My overall goal is to get to 250, which I think I can get to by April next year. Anything beyond that is a bonus and I'll gladly take it. 

WTG @pearlandhorn ! We're almost the exact same weight, I weighed in this morning at 230.4 . For those keeping score at home that's 30 lbs down from where I started at in the last week of January of this year. It averages out to a pound a week but I've been stalled the last month or so. If I can lose another 10-15 for the year I'll consider it a win. Slow and steady gents, we'll make it!

• Like 2

Funny, I'm playing random songs on Alexa.  It was just playing "Listen to your Heart". 

I just got a smart watch.  I haven't been taking my blood pressure meds I was prescribed. (I was just at 126 sitting) This watch will make me I hope.(I'm bad at taking pills, but I guess thats what you have to do when you get older).  

It also counts steps, etc, so I hope to start getting more exercise.  I think the fitness watches can be a motivation when you can see your results right away.

Edited by BNB

Well, 3 weeks ago you guys inspired me. I did not want to post until I was sure I would stick with it.  I really needed to lose 40-50 lbs but continually put it off.   I did not go full blown into the keto diet but eliminated all bread, pasta and soda.  Down 10lbs as of this morning.  I think 3lbs a week is a good starting point, Just need to cut back a little more beer on golf league nights.

Thanks for the inspiration.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, BNB said:

Funny, I'm playing random songs on Alexa.  It was just playing "Listen to your Heart". 

I just got a smart watch.  I haven't been taking my blood pressure meds I was prescribed. (I was just at 126 sitting) This watch will make me I hope.(I'm bad at taking pills, but I guess thats what you have to do when you get older).  

It also counts steps, etc, so I hope to start getting more exercise.  I think the fitness watches can be a motivation when you can see your results right away.

Is that your resting heart rate? Because that seems high

Edited by SimonBolivar

42 minutes ago, BNB said:

Yes, I took a pill earlier.  It will be good to remind me to take my pill.

I'm overweight but not obese (5'10" 200).  I plan on working on it.

47 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Is that your resting heart rate? Because that seems high

Seems really high actually.  My FIL has a very low heart rate (in the 30s and 40s) and had to wear a heart monitor for a month.  Doctors still don't know what's wrong with him.

Welcome to the party NFT!  And great job Callo, Diablo and Pearland!  Keep it up!

Pretty good Friday morning.  College football started back in earnest last night.  Went 4-1 on my wagers.  And woke up this morning to a scale of 179.5. I've officially hit my goal weight.  Started this at 221 on May 14.  That's 41 pounds.  When I started this, my 38 inch shorts were super tight, was on the verge of going up to 40s.  I bought 34s last weekend and they're loose enough to conceal carry underneath IWB comfortably.  My waist at my belly button (not my hips) was 44 inches.  Now it's down to 35.  I don't miss those 7 inches, lol.  This thread has been a huge help and support system for all of us trying to get back to a healthier lifestyle.  Much appreciated!

I'll keep checking in here and holding myself accountable to not gaining it back.  Not to mention cheering on the rest of you guys!  Heading to the Astros game tonight.  Have an awesome Labor Day weekend all.  Don't cheat too bad.  But if you do, get right back on when the weekend ends and you'll be back on track!

Edited by lonestarsooner
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, lonestarsooner said:

Welcome to the party NFT!  And great job Callo, Diablo and Pearland!  Keep it up!

Pretty good Friday morning.  College football started back in earnest last night.  Went 4-1 on my wagers.  And woke up this morning to a scale of 179.5. I've officially hit my goal weight.  Started this at 221 on May 14.  That's 41 pounds.  When I started this, my 38 inch shorts were super tight, was on the verge of going up to 40s.  I bought 34s last weekend and they're loose enough to conceal carry underneath IWB comfortably.  My waist at my belly button (not my hips) was 44 inches.  Now it's down to 35.  I don't miss those 7 inches, lol.  This thread has been a huge help and support system for all of us trying to get back to a healthier lifestyle.  Much appreciated!

I'll keep checking in here and holding myself accountable to not gaining it back.  Not to mention cheering on the rest of you guys!  Heading to the Astros game tonight.  Have an awesome Labor Day weekend all.  Don't cheat too bad.  But if you do, get right back on when the weekend ends and you'll be back on track!

Nice work, impressive! 

For the past couple months I've been doing this workout concept called grease the groove, which means that you do way below your max (about 50%) but you work out more often. So I've been working out pretty much every day, sometimes twice a day usually only taking 1 day a week off. Full body workouts, no bro splits.

Well today I hit the wall. I got home from the gym and I could barely move, barely stay awake. Feels like my adrenal glands are completely burned out, whatever that means. I think I need a break.

I’m back to following CrossFit. I don’t do Olympic lifts for time, I just do them. I like the mix up of workouts. Some stuff just doesn’t work for me, so I sub things out. My workout from warm up to finish is around 40 minutes. Still trying to stick to 3 on, one off.

Did a bunch of tests over the last 2 weeks or so and hormone centers and an endo all decided that while I'm not in some dire need of hormone therapy it would be good for me.  My test counts were all in the low 300 range with one outlier at 450 and one at 211.  Got my first 300mg of Test-C today along with 100mg (I think) of B12.  Got a prescription and will be doing at home shots in my ass for the next 3 months and then will check back in to see where my blood levels are.

I think it goes without saying, I'll be hitting the gym tonight.

4 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

Hit the 220s!  I'm 228.8 as of this morning.

88 pounds lost in 5 months.  Damn it feels good.

That is unreal.  Hit the gym!

I woke up day 1 after my first test shot.  Holy fuck.  I don't know if I slept better or not but I was forced out of bed because my erection was so fucking huge that I couldn't roll over.  I couldn't even beat it down it.  I haven't had a boner like that since I was 23.  Had to get in the shower and just piss against the wall this morning even after doing the 5 knuckle shuffle.  Injection site is painful.

• Haha 1

I broke into the 320s today.  329.6

It's taken me since July 11 to lose 15.2 lbs.  Too slow, but at least it's a downward trend.

I started a fast 4:00 AM Tuesday.  Only had 1 liter of water yesterday, and went about 14 hours dry.  I slept 10 straight hours.  I'll have 1.5L of Snake Juice today + borax.

My new goal is under 300 by 2019.  Even at my slow pace of 8 lbs a month, I can reach that.  If I fast more, which is my plan, I can probably get into the 280s.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jhawk said:

That is unreal.  Hit the gym!

I woke up day 1 after my first test shot.  Holy fuck.  I don't know if I slept better or not but I was forced out of bed because my erection was so fucking huge that I couldn't roll over.  I couldn't even beat it down it.  I haven't had a boner like that since I was 23.  Had to get in the shower and just piss against the wall this morning even after doing the 5 knuckle shuffle.  Injection site is painful.

Oh I have been. Working hard in the gym at 5 am most mornings.

I went back to work today after 11 days of vacation that included my birthday. I went off the wagon but I'm back on it now. I put 5 or so pounds back on and damn, I had just gotten to where I was staying below 235, had bumped into 230 and I saw 237 yesterday. I enjoyed the time off, first bit of vacation in a year but it's time to hit it again. Let's go gents, we're gonna get there so long as we don't quit.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

I broke into the 320s today.  329.6

It's taken me since July 11 to lose 15.2 lbs.  Too slow, but at least it's a downward trend.

I started a fast 4:00 AM Tuesday.  Only had 1 liter of water yesterday, and went about 14 hours dry.  I slept 10 straight hours.  I'll have 1.5L of Snake Juice today + borax.

My new goal is under 300 by 2019.  Even at my slow pace of 8 lbs a month, I can reach that.  If I fast more, which is my plan, I can probably get into the 280s.

Nice job Al! Keep it up man.

weight loss is completely different from person to person. When I am stuck at a plateau, I always move towards thinking about how much better I feel now compared to last year. If you don’t think the weight is coming off at the pace you want, keep your chin up and plow through it bud!

• Like 1

Holy hell. Weekends are killing my progress. 2 or 3 crappy meals, some snacks and some drinks and I’m up 5 pounds every weekend. The good news is my bouncing weight is lower. I seem to bounce between 214 and 220.

What’s anyone’s secret for the weekend?? Plan better? Get more backbone and stay on the wagon?