Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

Yes I believe its a problem.  It is undermining their goals, to some people.  I'm pretty much a law and order guy.  I find myself pretty upset with the cops and their tactics during the day, and laughing as they crack skulls of these assholes at night.  I don't believe looting is the "voice of the unheard".  It's the voice of the opportunist, thief, and shitheel.  
And yeah, you threaten to kill someone and their family.  Fuck them, shoot em. I'll stand by that all day.  Serious question.  What kind of reform can you expect out of someone who will threaten to come back and burn your house down because you display a flag?  Fuck him, replace him with someone from somewhere that actually sucks and give them a chance at making the world better.

https://www.nj.com/camden/2020/09/watch-culprit-caught-on-camera-trying-to-torch-familys-black-lives-matter-flag.html

can we count on you to shoot this guy in the gut and watch him bleed out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well, if you're trying to take down a country from within using the tactic of sowing division and hatred towards the other, obviously you'll want someone in power whose sole platform is divisiveness and hatred of the other. but even if that doesn't happen, i think the damage is too severe at this point. there is no longer trust in our institutions and the effect is the near total erosion of the rule of law. i think the fatal blow has already been dealt, we just need to bleed out at this point.
but yes, ultimately it's our own ignorance as a society that has led to our downfall. russia just found ways to exploit that weakness.

It doesn’t help that we plastered who we are and what we hate all over our social media profiles, and then when that was exploited screamed “SOMEONE DO SOMETHING!”

Sorry, threadjack, back to tactics
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

It doesn’t help that we plastered who we are and what we hate all over our social media profiles, and then when that was exploited screamed “SOMEONE DO SOMETHING!”

Sorry, threadjack, back to tactics

May I suggest a good book?

image.jpeg.06c26e5d47eb4600dbe4d7161f71b071.jpeg

• Fuck You 1

https://www.nj.com/camden/2020/09/watch-culprit-caught-on-camera-trying-to-torch-familys-black-lives-matter-flag.html

can we count on you to shoot this guy in the gut and watch him bleed out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What part of burning a flag and burning down a house do you not understand? The incident that started this had the protestor state he was going to come back and burn down his house. Not the flag. I would not shoot someone burning a flag no matter how vehemently I may disagree with it. If they tried to burn down my house, then I would defend it accordingly. Why is this so difficult for you?

4 minutes ago, Hate said:

What part of burning a flag and burning down a house do you not understand? The incident that started this had the protestor state he was going to come back and burn down his house. Not the flag. I would not shoot someone burning a flag no matter how vehemently I may disagree with it. If they tried to burn down my house, then I would defend it accordingly. Why is this so difficult for you?

That poster is a pure capitol "D" dick.

Those aren't the two things being compared, though.
1) A man threatening to burn down your house but never doing it.
2) A man actually, physically trying to burn a flag that is at your house.

Goddamnit...the protestor stated he would burn down his house. The poster stated he would shoot anyone trying to burn down his house. You and Blknasty keep trying to make some stupid fucking argument about someone shooting someone for burning a flag. Y’all just keep making shit up and dodge and deflect until people get tired of engaging you and Blacklab has to step in like a parent on a road trip threatening to pull the car over.
  • Hook 'Em 2

@BurntEyes

Please stop spamming that same stupid picture, you made your point the first hundred times it was posted.

To the usual bloviators, get back on topic or get the hell out.  This ain't the thread to argue your same worn out CR hot takes back and forth ad naseum.  Everyone knows where each of you stands and 99% of it is off topic.  There's about 100 garbage posts to every post with actual content.

This thread is about:   

Summer riots/protests damage & tactics documentation thread (no politics, please)

Thread for vids, pics, and news stories.

(Fall riots/protests damage & tactics documentation are also welcome, IMHO.)

Posts #3851, 3858, 3864, and 3883 are about the only ones on this page that somewhat fit that (though 3883 looks to be about to make 3865 relevant.)

Newsworthy/interesting vids/images of, ya know, riots/protests (one man acts can sometimes qualify)/damage/tactics are what people want to see.  Like this:

or this from the weekend:

Edited by clapclapclap

26 minutes ago, Hate said:

Goddamnit...the protestor stated he would burn down his house. The poster stated he would shoot anyone trying to burn down his house. You and Blknasty keep trying to make some stupid fucking argument about someone shooting someone for burning a flag. Y’all just keep making shit up and dodge and deflect until people get tired of engaging you and Blacklab has to step in like a parent on a road trip threatening to pull the car over.

ok so we're going to glance over the fact that the flag being set on fire is attached to said house while occupied? just trying to follow your logic.

• Hook 'Em 1

ok so we're going to glance over the fact that the flag being set on fire is attached to said house while occupied? just trying to follow your logic.

The protester did not say he would burn the flag. He said he would burn down his house because he displayed the flag. But to your point, if someone lights a combustible item on fire that is also attached to the house, then yes I would see that as attempting to light the house on fire as well. If the protester gets shot while doing so, I am not going to shed a tear and if I am on the grand jury I would not indict. If someone wants to burn a flag in protest, go ahead. I don’t care. I don’t agree with it, but I don’t care.
  • Hook 'Em 4

In Louisville, re the indictment (or more pointedly, non-indictment for any homicide offense), we have one of two bad outcomes.

1 -- either justice was NOT done, because the AG (on purpose or accidentally, it doesn't matter to the end result) presented a shitty case to the Grand Jury so that they couldn't even clear the low bar of "probable cause" -- not "beyond a reasonable doubt," but simply probable cause to proceed with charges.  Things like omitting material evidence, not challenging or cross-examining witness statement that was favorable to the police, etc.  And as a result of that, the Grand Jury heard such a shitty case that they had little on which they could indict.

or

2 -- the law is so damned stacked in favor of the police that "justice" (defined as "what the current law provides for") WAS done.....meaning that it's such a high bar to get a cop charged with a homicide offense as to almost be unclearable.  Only the most egregious, outrageous murder of a citizen will even make it to a jury.

The law stacks the deck in favor of the police, and against the public, particularly the most vulnerable and likely to be victimized members of the public.  If you were forced to play poker (you didn't ask them to come through your door) with an opponent who has the deck stacked in their favor, so they keep drawing 4 aces, and you're forced to wager your life, livelihood, freedom, or all three......don't you think at some point you'd just say fuck it and flip over the poker table?

We are getting an enraged population because we have established systems and ensured that they produce results that are enraging.  Expecting rage to be rational and conversational is pretty unreasonable.  We should do something to stop producing enraging results, and that includes both allowing shit that breaks the rules, and creating and preserving rules that are so deck-stacking that they aren't fair rules at all.

We are not the first society to see violent reactions from an enraged population.  That reaction almost always comes from the same sort of bullshit.  The most effective way to prevent violent reactions from an enraged population is to, maybe, just spitballing here, take real and unified action to stop the bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

In Louisville, blah blah blah

Off topic, please take your daily proselytizing to the Breonna thread set up specifically to discuss it.

Edited by clapclapclap
I'm not a mod, just an Originalist expressing the thread founder's intent....
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, clapclapclap said:

Off topic, please take your daily proselytizing to the Breonna thread set up specifically to discuss it.

How is it off-topic?  Y'all are getting yourselves all lubed up to jack off like Randy Marsh to the unrest that is sure to come in Louisville.  I foolishly thought that context might matter to y'all.  I guess not.

I guess this will only help things.....

Armed men, walking in the middle of the street, coming up to drivers with weapons in hand......

Doesn't that belong on this thread?  I was told that sort of thing belonged here.

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, Hate said:

The protester did not say he would burn the flag. He said he would burn down his house because he displayed the flag. But to your point, if someone lights a combustible item on fire that is also attached to the house, then yes I would see that as attempting to light the house on fire as well. If the protester gets shot while doing so, I am not going to shed a tear and if I am on the grand jury I would not indict. If someone wants to burn a flag in protest, go ahead. I don’t care. I don’t agree with it, but I don’t care.

Hate (and his compatriots here) is more upset by the guy who SAID he would come back and burn a house down than he is by the guy who ACTUALLY TRIED to light a house on fire.

Is there anyone here who is curious why that is? lol

50 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

or this from the weekend:

1st Video: What does that first video have to do with this thread?

Because if that's just you posting black people breaking the law you're saying the quiet part loud. This thread is where white bigots find some kind of vaguely topical reason to post examples of their hated minorities behaving poorly. You're not supposed to just outright make it a StormFront thread. (You're only supposed to quote-tweet StormFront then pretend to be surprised when it's pointed out.)

There are rules for how to do this, buddy.

2nd Video: The car wasn't destroyed. No one's life was in danger. Fake news, fear-mongering propaganda.

Edited by bad_teammate

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

How is it off-topic?  Y'all are getting yourselves all lubed up to jack off like Randy Marsh to the unrest that is sure to come in Louisville.  I foolishly thought that context might matter to y'all.  I guess not.

Armed men, walking in the middle of the street, coming up to drivers with weapons in hand......

Doesn't that belong on this thread?  I was told that sort of thing belonged here.

Lots of tacticool badasses protecting the streets. I don't know about y'all but I feel very calm and assured that these trained, cool-headed badasses will keep the peace in the streets tonight. Praise Jesus. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Lots of tacticool badasses protecting the streets. I don't know about y'all but I feel very calm and assured that these trained, cool-headed badasses will keep the peace in the streets tonight. Praise Jesus. 

I wish they’d just go home. It’s the last thing they need, but then again I also wish the protesters were allowed to march in peace without the sidetracking of the rioters.
  • Hook 'Em 6

53 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If a car drove straight into that crowd and then the driver shot someone, they'd be justified for doing so because the pedestrians were armed and it's violence to block a street right? It'd just be good ol self defense!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

If a car drove straight into that crowd and then the driver shot someone, they'd be justified for doing so because the pedestrians were armed and it's violence to block a street right? It'd just be good ol self defense!!

While I know that you are engaging in the hyperbole that pisses everyone around her off.....this does get into my repeatedly stated concern about how armed idiots carry their weapons.  I think ALL of it is stupid, but the guys who don't have their hands on their slung weapons are at least not an immediate threat.  But the assholes with their weapon at a low ready, or with their hands positioned in a way intended to bring it to firing position in a split second, are behaving in a threatening manner, and I think there is a good argument that they should not be entitled to defense of self-defense if they end up in a violent confrontation, because carrying a weapon in a manner that shows you intend to use it is a threat that starts a confrontation.

In short, limp-dicks with fucking toy soldier rifles need to cut this shit out.  All of them.  It amps up the situation and makes the likelihood of violence and death shoot way up.  I feel the same way about a dude carrying around a bottle full of gasoline and a match, or a baseball bat -- you're just itching to get violent, carrying a tool of violence.  Cut that shit out.

Oh, and the dude that shows up with his hand on the fucking pistol grip as he goes up to her door around the 36 second mark?  Arrest his ass.  And the guy who came up and slammed her car door.  That's assault.  Goose, gander, all that.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 1