Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Don't ask me if he wanted to shoot people.  Ask Kyle:

Again, that doesn't change whether or not the actual shootings in the moment were acts of self-defense.  But it's pretty clear he didn't just want to engage in the "apply bandages and tourniquets" part of the medic fantasy....the "carry an AR and shoot people" was an openly stated part of that fantasy.  That's not good.

To be frank, given the shoddy nature of journalism in general and particular in this case, I would not believe anything around intent unless it was a primary source. Even that newspaper acknowledges "a voice that sounds like Rittenhouse." By today's journalism standards, that could mean it sounded male. Again, I am not assigning a motive either, but I do not think we have any evidence his intent was to shoot or to confront.

47 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

So again, the crux of the case is whether loses his right to claim self-defense because he intended to provoke an attack against himself by unlawfully carrying the weapon with the intent of then using that attack as an excuse to use deadly force against his attackers.

Based on the facts I have seen, that's a stretch for any jury given the kid looks and acts like an incel, has a shitty parent/s, and has loser dead-end friends. He doesn't appear bright, he presents as lost, and his friends look like an anchor.

Frankly this looks like LARPing or Cosplay gone amuck. 

Amok.

But I'll allow it.

Yesterday they played a video clip during testimony of the TX-WI real estate guy. It was a minute of people just jumping on and bashing the fuck out of cars. (We know they lit then on fire too). 

And all the repeated testimonies of all the other things they try were or were trying to set ablaze - the school, the church, the portapotties, etc. 

All that wanton destruction just felt so senseless, and i dont even live there. You can sympathize with people in that area not wanting their already 2nd-rate town reduced to a 4th-rate shithole. 

The armed people I think has a spectrum folks. Sure some came there just itching for a fight. But theres others who believe they can deter destruction merely by being there…and the visible firearms amplify that deterrence (at the risk of escalated antagonism).  Kyles somewhere on that spectrum, but not at the extremes. 

42 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

So again, the crux of the case is whether loses his right to claim self-defense because he intended to provoke an attack against himself by unlawfully carrying the weapon with the intent of then using that attack as an excuse to use deadly force against his attackers.

Based on the facts I have seen, that's a stretch for any jury given the kid looks and acts like an incel, has a shitty parent/s, and has loser dead-end friends. He doesn't appear bright, he presents as lost, and his friends look like an anchor.

Just my opinion but I do not think KR went to the riots with the intent on shooting anyone.  He is a kid.  Him popping off on the video is pretty typical macho talk- heck people in the CR threaten to kill someone or wish death on someone daily.  

I certainly agree that him actually going to the riots with a gun was a stupid thing to do and certainly makes his comments look worse in hindsight.  He should not be heralded for his actions.  I hope his case is an example for those like him of what not to do.  There were many ways he could have helped that didn't require him bringing an AR.  I genuinely think he went there to help and was certainly a bit naive as to what might happen but nothing presented as evidence makes him look like some sociopath on a hunt to kill people.   As mentioned, there is not a single bit of evidence shown in the trial that he was being confrontational or acting crazed in any way.  

As to washpark's comments above, It seems people continue to gloss over pretty important aspects of the law here.  The self defense statutes have been posted a few times.  Even in a best case scenario for the prosecution that somehow KR gave up his defense of self defense by the simple fact of showing up with an AR, the next part of the statute says (paraphrasing) the self defense protection is immediately reinstated if the person attempts to remove themselves from the situation.  It is on video and acknowledged by one of the detectives that when Rosenbaum hid and then confronted KR that KR ran away while loudly proclaiming "friendly, friendly".  He absolutely tried to remove himself from the situation.  So his self defense claims were absolutely valid legally.

The disturbing thing to me is that the prosecution obviously knew before the trial as did the judge and the defense attorneys.  The case should never have been brought.  I hope this does not give rise to more KR types that put themselves in bad situations.  

I will also add that there is a LOT of criticism of those that are acting like KR is to be commended.  Yet, especially in the CR, no one has any criticism whatsoever for all of the national pundits (including actual members of congress on up to POTUS) that mischaracterized the case from the beginning.  It is hard for folks not to push back.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Thank you. I was distracted by how to spell cosplay. I got distracted by the pictures and had to do some urgent research.

spacer.png

(combat medic)

Pretty sure there’s a thread in IPIHB on this. At least that’s what I’ve been told. 

30 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

Just my opinion but I do not think KR went to the riots with the intent on shooting anyone.  He is a kid.  Him popping off on the video is pretty typical macho talk- heck people in the CR threaten to kill someone or wish death on someone daily.  

I certainly agree that him actually going to the riots with a gun was a stupid thing to do and certainly makes his comments look worse in hindsight.  He should not be heralded for his actions.  I hope his case is an example for those like him of what not to do.  There were many ways he could have helped that didn't require him bringing an AR.  I genuinely think he went there to help and was certainly a bit naive as to what might happen but nothing presented as evidence makes him look like some sociopath on a hunt to kill people.   As mentioned, there is not a single bit of evidence shown in the trial that he was being confrontational or acting crazed in any way.  

As to washpark's comments above, It seems people continue to gloss over pretty important aspects of the law here.  The self defense statutes have been posted a few times.  Even in a best case scenario for the prosecution that somehow KR gave up his defense of self defense by the simple fact of showing up with an AR, the next part of the statute says (paraphrasing) the self defense protection is immediately reinstated if the person attempts to remove themselves from the situation.  It is on video and acknowledged by one of the detectives that when Rosenbaum hid and then confronted KR that KR ran away while loudly proclaiming "friendly, friendly".  He absolutely tried to remove himself from the situation.  So his self defense claims were absolutely valid legally.

The disturbing thing to me is that the prosecution obviously knew before the trial as did the judge and the defense attorneys.  The case should never have been brought.  I hope this does not give rise to more KR types that put themselves in bad situations.  

I will also add that there is a LOT of criticism of those that are acting like KR is to be commended.  Yet, especially in the CR, no one has any criticism whatsoever for all of the national pundits (including actual members of congress on up to POTUS) that mischaracterized the case from the beginning.  It is hard for folks not to push back.

This is a great summary post.

I will reiterate that I am sick and tired of a segment of the twattering class picking on minors and made exponentially worse by at best pushing misinformation and at worst intentionally lying about said minors. The ideological media should be embarrassed and ashamed.

If one has to pick on children to make stupid political or cultural points, one should re-examine their lives. Made worse still by the fact that these same groups regularly defend actual criminal conduct if the perp is wearing the right jersey and demand that no prior information be considered when evaluating a particular incident.

This obviously was purely a political prosecution (against a minor). It was refreshing to see an old school judge basically give the double bird to the twatters and hypocrites.

Edited by Harrison Bergeron

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

You just described every member of antifa.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Neat. Cuomo just said the judge's dressing down of the prosecutor was in front of the jury. It was not. He asked them to leave everytime and then unloaded. I know to expect this slanted nonsense on MSM but still shocks me such blatant misinformation. 

especially for high volume CRers.

Lol.   

2 hours ago, sheeeit said:

There were many ways he could have helped that didn't require him bringing an AR.

I'm at a loss here. Vote? Let the city burn like Seattle? I'm still hoping that the law finds an answer to riots. I don't think the guys who were shot are an answer to any of our problems in America.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, you were almost complete with your answer.  The bolded part was part of his fantasy, too.  He literally said so before he ended up going down there.  But what y'all are talking about is dead-on.  It has reminded me of this fantastic scene from Unforgiven:

Killing is shitty business.  A smart person does everything in their power to AVOID engaging in said business.

This is why this is the greatest western ever made. 

It is a hell of a thing killing a man. You take away everything he’s got. And everything he’s ever gonna have. 

The DT crowd here hasn’t ever learned that lesson. Obviously. I suppose they don’t wanna.

Its mainly whiskey done it. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

This is why this is the greatest western ever made. 

It is a hell of a thing killing a man. You take away everything he’s got. And everything he’s ever gonna have. 

The DT crowd here hasn’t ever learned that lesson. Obviously. I suppose they don’t wanna.

Its mainly whiskey done it. 

This may be the worst of all of your posts.  It could not be more wrong.  You are right about it being the best western, but you couldn't be more wrong about everything else. 

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

I'm at a loss here. Vote? Let the city burn like Seattle? I'm still hoping that the law finds an answer to riots. I don't think the guys who were shot are an answer to any of our problems in America.

Why do you hate peaceful protests?

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

I just think it is ridiculous when you say the "DT Crowd" when unequivocally the thoughts here have been that kid should not have been there.  I assure you that just about every single "DT Crowd" poster would rather this not have happened.  You just can't get "team" out of your head.  I don't know why, but you are the carbon copy of everything you claim to hate.  You just do it from self assigned moral high horse.  

They don't like it when the circle jerk goes in the opposite direction of theirs.

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hate said:

I just think it is ridiculous when you say the "DT Crowd" when unequivocally the thoughts here have been that kid should not have been there.  I assure you that just about every single "DT Crowd" poster would rather this not have happened.  You just can't get "team" out of your head.  I don't know why, but you are the carbon copy of everything you claim to hate.  You just do it from some self assigned moral high horse.  

You’re talking about very delusional and stupid people.  The CR idiots live in an alternate reality.  

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Hook 'Em 1

All I have ever really tried to do here is push back on the narrative that this is some sort of slam dunk case y’all espouse for the defense. It’s not. It’s a close case and I’ll rely on the wisdom of the jury to make the right call.

Despite attorney shenanigans, hanging judges, and idiot witnesses, 95 percent of the time the jury gets it right. 

Y’all should just let the process play itself out and respect the jury’s decision, whatever that may be. Since we are talking about a white dude shooting at white people race is not that big a factor here. To me the political angle is dumb and shouldn’t even be a factor, yet for some reason it seems to be for some. 

For some???  The line is right down the "middle" of the spectrum for political people.  Jesus Christ, you should know that as well as anyone here since you post in the "KR" Cloakroom thread as well.  It's for what ever reason become a political hot potato for some reason.  I guess the reason is that the trigger man is a white male and the gun was an AR 15.  Absent either of those two, the story doesn't resonate for as long as it has. 

I wish he hadn't been there.  I wish there were no riots.  I wish there were no reason the riots had occurred in the first place, but none of that has anything to do with team or whether or not this stupid kid was protecting himself.  Just stop looking for a team angle in every goddamn story the "news " tells you that your "team" has been attacked. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

For some???  The line is right down the "middle" of the spectrum for political people.  Jesus Christ, you should know that as well as anyone here since you post in the "KR" Cloakroom thread as well.  It's for what ever reason become a political hot potato for some reason.  I guess the reason is that the trigger man is a white male and the gun was an AR 15.  Absent either of those two, the story doesn't resonate for as long as it has. 

I wish he hadn't been there.  I wish there were no riots.  I wish there were no reason the riots had occurred in the first place, but none of that has anything to do with team or whether or not this stupid kid was protecting himself.  Just stop looking for a team angle in every goddamn story the "news " tells you that your "team" has been attacked. 

The right wing hate machine made it political. I guess in response to initial media reports. Hell they posted his 2 million dollar bail and are funding his defense. If you can’t see that I can’t help you. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The right wing hate machine made it political. I guess in response to initial media reports. Hell they posted his 2 million dollar bail and are funding his defense. If you can’t see that I can’t help you. 

Okay. That's actually funnier than anything on the Lulz board. I actually would love to read your Form 500 details.

4 hours ago, sheeeit said:

Gawd, you're such a precious little snowflake.

32 minutes ago, Hate said:

I just think it is ridiculous when you say the "DT Crowd" when unequivocally the thoughts here have been that kid should not have been there.  I assure you that just about every single "DT Crowd" poster would rather this not have happened.  You just can't get "team" out of your head.  I don't know why, but you are the carbon copy of everything you claim to hate.  You just do it from some self assigned moral high horse.  

I think it's moreso when silver spoon church elders are gleefully talking about how how proud they are of their boy after he "turned appendages into spaghetti" and how his "courage reminds them of navy seals" is when it turns disgusting. It's hardly an admonishment or acknowledgement of wrongdoing, and truly does give the impression that you/y'all would lovr to see more of it. At least based on the abhorrent posts I've seen getting +1'd.

Crocodile tears and serenades from white supremacists are a strange pair, but it seems like it's a winning combo here.

I still stand by my earlier posts that the judge has this kids back, along with the rest of the system. The prosecutors brought an extremely haphazard and slap-dick case, and didn't even bother supporting some of the charges they brought. It's like they set out from the get-go to make this a circus.

The law wasn't written to handle children self-deputizing themselves to go dole out street justice and act as peace officers. Open carry and civil unrest mix extremely poorly. I'd betcha dollars to doughnuts were gonna see more rittenhouses before 2024. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

I think it's moreso when silver spoon church elders are gleefully talking about how how proud they are of their boy after he "turned appendages into spaghetti" and how his "courage reminds them of navy seals" is when it turns disgusting. It's hardly an admonishment or acknowledgement of wrongdoing, and truly does give the impression that you/y'all would lovr to see more of it. At least based on the abhorrent posts I've seen getting +1'd.

Crocodile tears and serenades from white supremacists are a strange pair, but it seems like it's a winning combo here.

I still stand by my earlier posts that the judge has this kids back, along with the rest of the system. The prosecutors brought an extremely haphazard and slap-dick case, and didn't even bother supporting some of the charges they brought. It's like they set out from the get-go to make this a circus.

The law wasn't written to handle children self-deputizing themselves to go dole out street justice and act as peace officers. Open carry and civil unrest mix extremely poorly. I'd betcha dollars to doughnuts were gonna see more rittenhouses before 2024. 

Rittenhouse was the best of the lot that night in Kenosha.  He went to help.  Did help.   Carried a rifle to use for defense only. Used it for defense only.  

Some people are really angry when their team riots and acts unlawful and someone comes in and exercises their right to self defense. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

All I have ever really tried to do here is push back on the narrative that this is some sort of slam dunk case y’all espouse for the defense. It’s not. It’s a close case and I’ll rely on the wisdom of the jury to make the right call.

Despite attorney shenanigans, hanging judges, and idiot witnesses, 95 percent of the time the jury gets it right. 

Y’all should just let the process play itself out and respect the jury’s decision, whatever that may be. Since we are talking about a white dude shooting at white people race is not that big a factor here. To me the political angle is dumb and shouldn’t even be a factor, yet for some reason it seems to be for some. 

It is a slam dunk case on it's face, and as far as "respecting" the jury's decision, your team has players actively trying to intimidate jurors and prosecutors tampering with witnesses and other misconduct. The political factor is the only reason the case was brought to trial. No one can prove ill intent of his part, and there was clearly not sufficient evidence of a crime to support murder charges. On the underage carry charge, throw the book at him...I don't give a fuck. The rest is bullshit.