Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

23 hours ago, Burnt Orange in OC said:

Bari Weiss sums it up: 

"To acknowledge the facts of what happened that night is not political. It is simply to acknowledge reality. It is to say that facts are still facts and that lies are lies. It is to insist that mob justice is not justice. It is to say that media consensus is not the equivalent of due process. And that pretending otherwise for the sake of political expediency is why the National Guard is now standing watch in Kenosha, bracing for violence once again in the anticipation of a verdict that for many, has already been decided."

Media/propaganda is why there is a trial in the first place.

https://www.kake.com/story/43183848/jacob-blake-admits-in-interview-to-having-a-knife-in-his-possession-on-day-of-police-shooting

1/16/21

Jacob Blake admits in interview to having a knife in his possession on day of police shooting

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

47 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Media/propaganda is why there is a trial in the first place.

https://www.kake.com/story/43183848/jacob-blake-admits-in-interview-to-having-a-knife-in-his-possession-on-day-of-police-shooting

1/16/21

Jacob Blake admits in interview to having a knife in his possession on day of police shooting

"Assault" knife, or like a regular knife?

• Haha 1

Still betting on the outcome of a hung jury.  

• Overt social media threats against the jurors.
  • Doxing of the jurors
  • MSM media affiliates harassing and following
  • Not sure how anyone can say they are not contaminated at this point?
  • Potential for riots and violence looming

I'm guessing on at least a few that have been swayed by the external events of this shit show of a trial and fear for their livelihood and safety in the community.  It's the only way to they can protect themselves, which might be their mindset right now.  Life after the trial.  

22 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

• Doxing of the jurors

I'm guessing on at least a few that have been swayed by the external events of this shit show of a trial and fear for their livelihood and safety in the community.  It's the only way to they can protect themselves, which might be their mindset right now.  Life after the trial.  

Question on something underlying those comments and prediction -- are the jurors sequestered without access to internet and TV?  I'm sure there are ways to get around this (such as calls with family members).  But implicit in your post is that the jurors are hearing all of this (although they might speculate about post-verdict protests based on what they've seen before they were called for jury duty).

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

• Doxing of the jurors

I'm not a lawyer or legal expert, but if all or any of this shitshow did, in the opinion of the judge, unduly influence the jury, shouldn't then the trail be redone, with a change of venue, and another jury? Because if we just say "fuck it",  jury got threatened, dude walks, then that sets a dangerous precedent.

Btw, there are protestors on both sides outside the courthouse, yelling and chanting shit and generally being threatening assholes (which side do you think is more likely to be armed?). I have no doubt there are social media threats coming from both sides. And I think the potential for riots comes from both sides as well (see proud bois, unite the right rally, jan 6).

And yes, the "journalist" should be jail, and if in fact his producer did tell him to follow the bus or whatever he did, the producer should be as well. AND any threats against the jury, of any sort, should be vigorously investigated by the FBI and prosecuted in full.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I'm not a lawyer or legal expert, but if all or any of this shitshow did, in the opinion of the judge, unduly influence the jury, shouldn't then the trail be redone, with a change of venue, and another jury? Because if we just say "fuck it",  jury got threatened, dude walks, then that sets a dangerous precedent.

Btw, there are protestors on both sides outside the courthouse, yelling and chanting shit and generally being threatening assholes (which side do you think is more likely to be armed?). I have no doubt there are social media threats coming from both sides. And I think the potential for riots comes from both sides as well (see proud bois, unite the right rally, jan 6).

And yes, the "journalist" should be jail, and if in fact his producer did tell him to follow the bus or whatever he did, the producer should be as well. AND any threats against the jury, of any sort, should be vigorously investigated by the FBI and prosecuted in full.

Agreed.  Too much hair on this lollipop.  It's just too dirty to be able to say either way, that justice has been served.  

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

But implicit in your post is that the jurors are hearing all of this (although they might speculate about post-verdict protests based on what they've seen before they were called for jury duty).

They have not be sequestered, so yes, that is my assumption.  They also see  themselves being filmed and followed.  That is overt pressure and harassment.  

Hard to disagree with any of this take.

9 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Um....

FEkl0KJWQAEN-81?format=png&name=small

Eh, I'm sure that happens all the time in trials where the jurors, unless they've been living under a rock, have to know there's going to be a blitz of media coverage (e.g., Rodney King, O.J. Simpson, Derek Chauvin, etc.).  That shouldn't be enough for a mistrial. 

The MSNBC dude following them is over the line, of course.  Enough for a mistrial?  Not sure.

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

Eh, I'm sure that happens all the time in trials where the jurors, unless they've been living under a rock, have to know there's going to be a blitz of media coverage (e.g., Rodney King, O.J. Simpson, Derek Chauvin, etc.).  That shouldn't be enough for a mistrial. 

The MSNBC dude following them is over the line, of course.  Enough for a mistrial?  Not sure.

How does this get handled?  Judges discretion?

8 minutes ago, South Austin said:

What about the prosecutor attempting to tamper with a witness to alter his testimony or sworn statement? 

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

What, that?

Apparently asking a witness if they have anything to add to their affidavit is “witness tampering.” Who knew.

Someone on this board should tell the defense attorneys pronto because they don’t seem to be focusing very much on this important fact for some reason. 

12 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

How does this get handled?  Judges discretion?

More like jurors discretion.  The only way I see this going that direction would be a significant number of jurors admitting they can't be impartial.  Being stressed isn't disqualifing.