Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

I’m not an IT whiz, but couldn’t they put the file that Krause sent argument to bed just by checking his sent folder in his gmail? If it was 11MB when he sent it and 4 MB when Wisko got it, we’d know something compressed it. Likewise if it was only 4MB when it was sent we’d know he sent the wrong file.

As far as I know, there is no mechanism for files to be automatically compressed by an email client.  The user can choose to send a compressed file in some email clients, but it is not done automatically.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I’m not an IT whiz, but couldn’t they put the file that Krause sent argument to bed just by checking his sent folder in his gmail? If it was 11MB when he sent it and 4 MB when Wisko got it, we’d know something compressed it. Likewise if it was only 4MB when it was sent we’d know he sent the wrong file.

Apologies in advance - hard to follow the trial discussion amidst the bullshit. The issue is the prosecutor withheld the high-res file, correct? I'm sitting on the world's longest work bullshit call so did could not tear away to read the full motion.

6 minutes ago, Hate said:

As far as I know, there is no mechanism for files to be automatically compressed by an email client.  The user can choose to send a compressed file in some email clients, but it is not done automatically.

The metadata showed it was altered before sending anyway.  The video is also cropped and stretched if the youtube posted earlier is accurate.  A form of auto-compression wouldn't do that.  

Edited by JBJ

5 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

The issue is the prosecutor withheld the high-res file, correct? I'm sitting on the world's longest work bullshit call so did could not tear away to read the full motion.

The prosecution sent it when they received it (after Tucker Carlson bought the right to the video).

Defense says there was not adequate exchange of the video because it was in .mov format and their non-apple phone plays the file in a compressed format (I think goes the D argument). 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, washparkhorn said:

The prosecution sent it when they received it (after Tucker Carlson bought the right to the video.

Defense says there was not adequate exchange of the video because it was in .mov format and their non-apple phone plays the file in a compressed format (I think). 

Thanks. I'm getting selective limits on rep but future posrep.

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

The prosecution sent it when they received it (after Tucker Carlson bought the right to the video.

Defense says there was not adequate exchange of the video because it was in .mov format and their non-apple phone plays the file in a compressed format (I think). 

The Carlson video is from September.  The prosecution is saying the video was anonymously dropped off 2 Fridays ago via Apple AirDrop (phone-to-phone).

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

The defense did not receive it on their phone.  They received it on their computer.  The file name is different than the prosecutors file also, which means it is two different files.

4 minutes ago, JBJ said:

The Carlson video is from September.  The prosecution is saying the video was anonymously dropped off 2 Fridays ago via Apple AirDrop (phone-to-phone).

Correct. When the video was received by the Detective, he airdropped it to the prosecutor's office, who tried to airdrop it to a non-apple file. The prosecution then tried to send it via email, which (allegedly, but could be true) compressed the .mov file. 

Embarrassing for legal professionals who should know to exchange documents.

Now the defense is asking for a non-prejudicial mistrial - meaning a new trial. 

5 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

It's a "universal" player that can handle just about any file (that is what I gleaned from the context above). I use it and avoid all the 

Reveal hidden contents

stupid proprietary Apple formats.

I know (sorry for not being clear) - I was paraphrasing the judge. VLC is pretty common in courts, from my experience. It's an ugly interface, but it works (and it is a free download for parties with limited financial means).

Edited by washparkhorn

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Now asking for a mistrial over the video. 

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Correct. When the video was received by the Detective, he airdropped it to the prosecutor's office, who tried to airdrop it to a non-apple file. The prosecution then tried to send it via email, which (allegedly, but could be true) compressed the .mov file. 

something has them spooked, because i thought they were well on their way to acquittal. 

with a new trial, the prosecution might actually get their shit together.

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

something has them spooked, because i thought they were well on their way to acquittal. 

with a new trial, the prosecution might actually get their shit together.

Agree.

I was surprised the Defense asked for a mistrial without prejudice.  

I suspect Defense expected an immediate verdict. Waiting for a verdict does strange things to lawyers. 

Edited by washparkhorn

Do you want to tell the black people of America it was all white people killed or should someone else?  Note- I've paid little to no attention to this thing until the last couple days as I've seen the prosecution just doing a really really really bad job. I had assumed at the BLM shindig it was a white on black crime that happened with KR and didn't find out it was all white guys dead until Monday.
But I keep hearing that the pedo and crew were fighting for me. Even though I wouldn't want shit stains like that anywhere near me.
It's about teams, bro
Yep. I guess these are the bench guys that only get in the game when it's a blowout.
There you folks go again.  Brotha talking bout Black Friday and you gotta immediately bring up White Guys Monday.  Can they have a goddamn day for god sakes?   
Just can't get away from that white privilege.

The jury probably saw the tweet and are just prolonging this in the name of white supremacy.
  • Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

this sounds entirely plausible. I'm not sure what to make of an automatic conversion from .mov to a windows/android native format, but I can believe that someone used some utility or tool to convert it without thinking about how it would impact quality and naively passing that along. 

The law is usually at least 10 years behind technology, and it would appear to be the same for these lawyers. That said, the email server logs (lulz) would be the source of truth for attachments and what was actually sent.

It is weird that the defense is acting like they're afraid of a losing verdict now though

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Wow.  Non prejudicial mistrial?  They must be shitting themselves.  This trial went about as well as it could for them- I guess they are shocked the jury is still out and want to pick a new one?

A mistrial without prejudice is a win for the state.

I don't see this judge entering any guilty finding by the jury given the violations of the DA. They're better off waiting for the jury then pushing the previous egregious violations on appeal than a mistrial without prejudice.

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

KR needs better attorneys.  These guys are not nearly aggressive enough.  And moving for a mistrial without prejudice is insane.

Not if you think you are beat...

What is the deal with KR and his attorneys? I would have thought he'd have 7 figures in his defense fund to hire the best of the best through go fund me and various other stuff.  Did he have to get these guys on his own?

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Wow.  Non prejudicial mistrial?  They must be shitting themselves.  This trial went about as well as it could for them- I guess they are shocked the jury is still out and want to pick a new one?

There is also a damn good chance the judge or a court of appeals would undo any guilty verdict given the violation of the order on the want to shoot looters video or the comment on his post-arrest silence.

Jesus these pussies need to not lose their nerve.

And Kraus is very annoying.  Keeps arguing about the exhibits and the basis is "I believe X" without any explanation of why that belief is legally valid.

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Not if you think you are beat...

What is the deal with KR and his attorneys? I would have thought he'd have 7 figures in his defense fund to hire the best of the best through go fund me and various other stuff.  Did he have to get these guys on his own?

I can think of about 30 crim defense attorneys in Houston who would have done 10x the job of these guys.

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

What is the deal with KR and his attorneys? I would have thought he'd have 7 figures in his defense fund to hire the best of the best through go fund me and various other stuff. 

Great question. Hiring local counsel to ride bitch seat makes sense (and wise to soothe the local yokels).  If I was advising him, I would recommend bringing in the sharp shooters.  

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

That's how I see it. Two bites at the apple. But a verdict for the State would change the narrative, I suppose, so they want to avoid it.

The prosecution not agreeing is telling me that both lawyer teams have seen something in the jury that we haven't.

3 minutes ago, JBJ said:

The prosecution not agreeing is telling me that both lawyer teams have seen something in the jury that we haven't.

That's an important point to those of us outside the courtroom. OJ's jury consultant has been present for the Defense and may be providing insight to the Defense team on the jury's group psychology. As you point out, none of us have been able to watch how the jury's reaction to certain evidence. 

3 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

There still would be no evidence to convict 

No evidence?

There's no dispute that he shot and killed two people and injured a third.  Self-defense is an affirmative defense, not an essential element of the prosecution's case.

3 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

No evidence?

There's no dispute that he shot and killed two people and injured a third.  Self-defense is an affirmative defense, not an essential element of the prosecution's case.

What evidence has come out in this trial that KR committed murder? None

Jury coming back to the courtroom to watch videos - without anyone present (it becomes the jury deliberation room temporarily).

The bailiffs are checking the courtroom for listening/recording devices left in the church pews behind the bar. 

Edited by washparkhorn