Texas D-Line Talk

Reese Bennett

I’ll admit I haven’t read all the way up this thread…and I was at the game and enjoyed a day away from football yesterday and today….

….but surely someone else was impressed with Kristopher Ross? Dude was extremely active, athletic and effective…at least, in person to my untrained and beer/heat affected eye

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

….but surely someone else was impressed with Kristopher Ross? Dude was extremely active, athletic and effective…at least, in person to my untrained and beer/heat affected eye

Scipio Tex noticed KR

Ethan Burke notched 1.5 sacks and 4 tackles, showing good motor on all of his snaps. His best effort was getting cut down on a pass rush, regaining his feet and then completing the sack after Jett Bush funneled the QB into him. Kris Ross also had two very nice pressures and a QB hit. He’s regained weight from his self-imposed spring Jenny Craig diet and looks both stronger and more explosive at +15-20 pounds. Stop fasting and keep feasting on QBs, Kris. I’m not going to name every guy, but great effort from the whole unit. The display of depth and the intensity of play was outstanding.

35 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Scipio Tex noticed KR

Ethan Burke notched 1.5 sacks and 4 tackles, showing good motor on all of his snaps. His best effort was getting cut down on a pass rush, regaining his feet and then completing the sack after Jett Bush funneled the QB into him. Kris Ross also had two very nice pressures and a QB hit. He’s regained weight from his self-imposed spring Jenny Craig diet and looks both stronger and more explosive at +15-20 pounds. Stop fasting and keep feasting on QBs, Kris. I’m not going to name every guy, but great effort from the whole unit. The display of depth and the intensity of play was outstanding.

I was going to say he looked bigger than his listed 255.

#1  Justice Finkley

FeosDXeWIAQd2UX?format=jpg&name=large

Justice Finkley’s season outlook

Finkley spent the majority of the 2022 season backing up Barryn Sorrell at Jack. That’s likely to be his primary role, though he could factor in at Buck as well behind assumed starter Ethan Burke.

A product of Hewitt-Trussville in Alabama, Finkley and his stout work in the run game could entail more snaps when facing run-heavy offenses. Finkley will play often this year as the trusted second man at two different positions.

Finkley played in 12 games last season, totaling seven tackles (one solo) with half a tackle for loss, half a sack and one quarterback hurry. He is a two-time member of the Big 12 Commissioner’s Honor Roll (spring 2022, fall 2022).

FeoZeopWQAAW88m?format=jpg&name=large

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Ross had several plays where he was getting good pressure and came close a few times to getting a sack.

Also, anybody else remember the play that went OOB on our sidelines and Bo got wiped out?

Ross was hooked by their TE and not called, should have been. 

Gbenda took Bo out with the leg whip, Bo went down hard but bounced back up like a boss.