The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It seems like it, and it's hard for me to get my head around why his dissembling about it in reality was any better.  But the complicating factor there is his absolute right to fire Comey under the Constitution

I don't get why that is such a complicating factor.  A county sheriff has every right in the world right to fire his deputies who are investigating his friend for fraud.  But that doesn't keep him from getting charged with obstruction if he admits he did it to protect his friend.  Why is  this any different?  Trump admitted why he did it.

• Like 3

Just now, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I don't get why that is such a complicating factor.  A county sheriff has every right in the world right to fire his deputies who are investigating his friend for fraud.  But that doesn't keep him from getting charged with obstruction if he admits he did it to protect his friend.  Why is  this any different?  Trump admitted why he did it.

The same people put forth the same bullshit that you can’t find someone guilty of obstruction if you can’t prove they did an underlying crime. They seem to think our justice system rewards (white) people for successfully obstructing criminal investigations.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, XingTheRubicon said:

That dude up there ^^^^ Glenn Simpson (an undisputed hired Clinton operative) met with Trump tower Russian chick ^^^^ right there^^^^ the DAY BEFORE (June 8, 2016) AND THE DAY AFTER (June 10, 2016) the June 9th Trump tower meeting.

This was a set-up from the very beginning.  A 5-year-old could see it...The funniest part of all of this, are the idiotic dems STILL referencing the Trump tower meeting THEY SET UP.

Wait . . . Glenn Simpson (whose firm was initially hired by Republicans to dig up dirt on Trump) baited Donnie Junior into taking a meeting with the Russian attorney?  Glenn Simpson was actually the man behind the Rob Goldstone email?

You people (and I do mean YOU PEOPLE) are frighteningly gullible, not to mention stupid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

2020 is about healthcare. Donald Trump is the only candidate who's going to be talking about Mueller.

Well, obviously. You don't exactly campaign by bringing up your huge, very public fuck ups. 

Now that this circus is over, perhaps we can spend some time focusing on the genuinely alarming, unconstitutional acts of the past several and current presidents that really do pose a threat to democracy in our country.

Granted, these were never perceived as dangerous by most until we had a guy crazy enough to actually attempt to do anything he could get away with in office. But some of us saw the danger long before Trump was elected, and even under popular Democratic presidents.

And that's why I have seen and continue to see McConnell as the real enemy to Democracy here. He's determined to prevent Congress from simply fulfilling its Constitutional role. Trump is just a lunatic.

• Like 3

This is where we need to be headed

VVV

Spoiler

Trump and everyone in his orbit lied, and lied and continue to lie about the blizzard of interactions and links to Russian agents, proxies, cutouts, and actors.

This is the big picture that the Mueller report stands to substantiate in blistering detail.  The standard for all Americans to consider is not what meets criteria for a criminal statute, but to understand exactly what Trump and his campaign knew, acted on, and cooperated with.  NSA Flynn, Campaign chair Manafort, Manafort(Trump) stand-in Rick Gates, all guilty.  Trump close friend and confidant Roger Stone indicted for witness tampering and lying about his interactions with Russian military intelligence around hack and release of DNC stolen goods.

Don't need criminal statutes to put 2 and 2 together for Donald Trump. 

We need the unadulterated Mueller report.

Edited by triplehorn
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

45 minutes ago, XingTheRubicon said:

Soooo, here we go.

I'm pretty sure that most of you don't know this, but here's one small tidbit.  There are others, but this one is to the point.

The Trump tower meeting.  (June 9, 2016)

I'll use pictures so you can follow along:  Here is Glenn Simpson (co-founder of Fusion GPS)

Image result for glenn simpson met with russian attorney

"Fusion GPS, a Washington-based research firm paid over 1 million USD by Clinton operatives to dig up dirt on the Trump campaign."

-Washington Post https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/clinton-campaign-dnc-paid-for-research-that-led-to-russia-dossier/2017/10/24/226fabf0-b8e4-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html?utm_term=.104ec3603609

ok, so...here's the Russan lawyer that met with Jr, etc at the Trump tower

Image result for glenn simpson met with russian attorney
931 × 524Images may be subject to copyright. Learn More

That dude up there ^^^^ Glenn Simpson (an undisputed hired Clinton operative) met with Trump tower Russian chick ^^^^ right there^^^^ the DAY BEFORE (June 8, 2016) AND THE DAY AFTER (June 10, 2016) the June 9th Trump tower meeting.

This was a set-up from the very beginning.  A 5-year-old could see it...The funniest part of all of this, are the idiotic dems STILL referencing the Trump tower meeting THEY SET UP.

Half of America bought this bullshit hook, line, and sinker.

Welcome back, badmofo.

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Now that this circus is over, perhaps we can spend some time focusing on the genuinely alarming, unconstitutional acts of the past several and current presidents that really do pose a threat to democracy in our country.

Granted, these were never perceived as dangerous by most until we had a guy crazy enough to actually attempt to do anything he could get away with in office. But some of us saw the danger long before Trump was elected, and even under popular Democratic presidents.

And that's why I have seen and continue to see McConnell as the real enemy to Democracy here. He's determined to prevent Congress from simply fulfilling its Constitutional role. Trump is just a lunatic.

The circus isn't over. This is catnip to those of us on the left and we have to be right about everything.

34 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wait . . . Glenn Simpson (whose firm was initially hired by Republicans to dig up dirt on Trump) baited Donnie Junior into taking a meeting with the Russian attorney?  Glenn Simpson was actually the man behind the Rob Goldstone email?

You people (and I do mean YOU PEOPLE) are frighteningly gullible, not to mention stupid.

Who gives a shit if the free beacon hired FGPS in 2015 for counter research on Trump...that's part of the reason the Clinton campaign paid over 9 million USD to Fusion GPS for opposition research AND WHILE UNDER THE RETAINER FOR THE CLINTON CAMPAIGN, he met with the 'russian spy' the day before and after the Trump tower meeting.

You're a child...and you believe what you're fed.  It's just now, well now, you're too stupid and hurt to admit it.  Lulz.

GameOverCheckmateYouLostGetOverIt

Edited by XingTheRubicon
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

The circus isn't over. This is catnip to those of us on the left and we have to be right about everything.

Liberal Feels Like Idiot For Placing Entirety Of Hopes On Mueller Probe Instead Of New York Prosecutors’ Investigation

Spoiler

etcnubninqcn6qvqi5xo.jpg

MORENO VALLEY, CA—Kicking himself for focusing all his energy on the wrong thing, local liberal Brian Whitmore reportedly felt like an idiot Tuesday for placing the entirety of his hopes on Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into President Trump instead of the New York state prosecutors’ investigation. “I can’t believe I was so naive as to think that the Mueller report would be the silver bullet implicating Trump in criminal election interference when it’s obviously going to be the Southern District inquiry,” said lifelong Democrat Whitmore, 31, adding that while he was still disappointed Mueller’s report hadn’t found the president guilty of collusion with Russia, several news articles he had just read made it clear to him that the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York held all the real investigative power. “How could I have missed it before? It was always going to be impossible for Mueller to prove Trump colluded, but the campaign finance allegations—that’s where the real action is. In fact, this was probably just what Mueller wanted all along. He did what he could do with his limited investigative mandate and now he’s handing off the probe to state prosecutors who will have a much wider purview to throw the book at Trump. I mean, they’re already working with Michael Cohen, and I bet that’s only the beginning. I just feel so dumb for spending all that time obsessing over the Mueller investigation when I should’ve been spending all my time obsessing over the New York one.” At press time, Whitmore was looking into getting his tattoo of Robert Mueller removed so he could replace it with one of New York federal prosecutor Audrey Strauss.

I don't even need to write my own words in response any more. I can just quote The Onion articles.

Edited by Rimbo

9 minutes ago, XingTheRubicon said:

Who gives a shit if the free beacon hired FGPS in 2015 for counter research on Trump...that's part of the reason the Clinton campaign paid over 9 million USD to Fusion GPS for opposition research AND WHILE UNDER THE RETAINER FOR THE CLINTON CAMPAIGN, he met with the 'russian spy' the day before and after the Trump tower meeting.

You're a child...and you believe what you're fed.  It's just now, well now, you're too stupid and hurt to admit it.  Lulz.

The Trump family is in the clear. 

7 minutes ago, XingTheRubicon said:

Who gives a shit if the free beacon hired FGPS in 2015 for counter research on Trump...

Well, you're the one who called him a Clinton operative, which sorta conflicts with the fact that he willingly went to work for conservatives prior to ever being hired by Hillary's campaign.  Apparently you care.

that's part of the reason the Clinton campaign paid over 9 million USD to Fusion GPS for opposition research AND WHILE UNDER THE RETAINER FOR THE CLINTON CAMPAIGN, he met with the 'russian spy' the day before and after the Trump tower meeting.

You've now stated this as fact . . . twice . . . where is the proof of these two meetings and what is the significance?

You're a child...and you believe what you're fed. 

"Irony" doesn't even begin to describe this sentence.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

"Irony" doesn't even begin to describe this sentence.

Yeah, because "irony" means getting something different from the expected results. Which this is not. :) 

I think "unwitting self-satire" begins to describe the sentence well.

Attorney General William Barr will send the special counsel Robert Mueller's report in the Russia investigation to the White House before the public sees it, South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham said Tuesday.

Graham said Barr told him he would send the report to the White House first in case they want to claim executive privilege over any parts of it.

Mueller's full report likely contains crucial details about the motivations behind the myriad contacts and meetings President Donald Trump's associates had with Russians, as well as Trump's repeated deference to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Trump's defense lawyers have previously said they want a chance to review and "correct" the Mueller report before it's made public.

https://www.businessinsider.com/barr-mueller-report-white-house-executive-privilege-2019-3

Edited by retread

3 minutes ago, retread said:

Of course.  

The question now is whether Congress will get a chance to review a version of the report that hasn't been "corrected."  

• Trump's defense lawyers have previously said they want a chance to review and "correct" the Mueller report before it's made public.

Any comments from the right wing peanut gallery?  Any problems with attorneys for the subject of an investigation being allowed to "correct" the report of said investigation?

If you don't renounce this, you're fundamentally against every principle this country was founded upon.

I know it shouldn't be a shock, but they're not even trying to hide it.  Fuck Republicans, Fuck McConnell, and Fuck Trump.

• Like 1

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

wait i thought Trump said he wanted it released in full? Surely he wasn't lying?

he probably was not lying. he just hasn't read and understood the full implications of the report. he actually believes that he's exonerated because of barr's letter.

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

he probably was not lying. he just hasn't read and understood the full implications of the report. he actually believes that he's exonerated because of barr's letter.

Barr's letter:

The Special Counsel states that "while this report does not conclude the the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him."

Trump's response:

"No Collusion, No Obstruction, Complete and Total EXONERATION. KEEP AMERICA GREAT!" the president tweeted.

Dotardin'

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Any comments from the right wing peanut gallery?  Any problems with attorneys for the subject of an investigation being allowed to "correct" the report of said investigation?

If you don't renounce this, you're fundamentally against every principle this country was founded upon.

I know it shouldn't be a shock, but they're not even trying to hide it.  Fuck Republicans, Fuck McConnell, and Fuck Trump.

If this is true, this is bullshit. But this 

Trump's defense lawyers have previously said they want a chance to review and "correct" the Mueller report before it's made public.

Might be editorializing. When was this said? Can we get a quote?

• Like 1

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Barr's letter:

Trump's response:

Dotardin'

that's because he hasn't read barr's letter either. he watched fox news coverage that focused on the "does not conclude the president committed a crime" clause in the letter, and ran with it, because it makes him look good.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/424871-exclusive-trump-team-should-be-allowed-to-correct-final-mueller:

Rudy Giuliani says President Trump’s legal team should be allowed to “correct” special counsel Robert Mueller’s final report before Congress or the American people get the chance to read it.

The claim, made in a telephone interview with The Hill on Thursday evening, goes further than the president’s legal advisers have ever gone before in arguing they have a right to review the conclusions of Mueller’s probe, which is now in its 20th month.

“As a matter of fairness, they should show it to you — so we can correct it if they’re wrong,” said the former New York City mayor, who is a member of Trump's personal legal team. “They’re not God, after all. They could be wrong.”

3 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

I am not sure the term correct is what you think it means in this situation.  Probably means they want a chance to review it and have answers ready for any areas of concern.  Obviously, they can't red line it and insert language into the Mueller report.  That is final.  I would think Mueller would lose it over that.

Giuliani said what he said.  

This would be one of those occasions where one has to ignore both the quoted text and context to contort it into something palatable.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, XingTheRubicon said:

The problem with partisan idiots... 

‘ITS OVER.  NO.  STOP TALKING.  COMPLETELY INNOCENT.’

To a simpleton that’s a reasonable way to look at this.  Anyone with a brain realizes there’s a ton of gray area between enough evidence to convict ie ‘beyond a reasonable doubt’ vs zero evidence and completely innocent.   But the bozos on the far left and far right have taken the country hostage.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

To a simpleton that’s a reasonable way to look at this.  Anyone with a brain realizes there’s a ton of gray area between enough evidence to convict ie ‘beyond a reasonable doubt’ vs zero evidence and completely innocent.   But the bozos on the far left and far right have taken the country hostage.  

Well, to be fair most people read the headlines and move on. Trump knows this. Pelosi knows this.

3 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Well, to be fair most people read the headlines and move on. Trump knows this. Pelosi knows this.

Yeah, politically this is over.  The only people interested now are a minority of folks that care about “facts”. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

8 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Nixon would have been impeached just on the facts that are publicly available.

14 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

The problem with partisan idiots... 

‘ITS OVER.  NO.  STOP TALKING.  COMPLETELY INNOCENT.’

Well, thank goodness I didn't type "completely innocent" or "stop talking" or "zero evidence"   Other than that, excellent point.

I know Trump is a narcissistic jackass...but this board is chock full of leftist lemmings that will truly believe anything because 'orange man bad'   Even with an entire carton of egg on their face for looking like complete gullible loons for 650 straight days, they still press on.  Fun to watch.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

I am not sure the term correct is what you think it means in this situation.  Probably means they want a chance to review it and have answers ready for any areas of concern.  Obviously, they can't red line it and insert language into the Mueller report.  That is final.  I would think Mueller would lose it over that.

Huh?  It's his word.  What does "correct" mean to you?  Does this seem like a vague statement?

“As a matter of fairness, they should show it to you — so we can correct it if they’re wrong,” said the former New York City mayor, who is a member of Trump's personal legal team. “They’re not God, after all. They could be wrong.”

12 minutes ago, XingTheRubicon said:

Well, thank goodness I didn't type "completely innocent" or "stop talking" or "zero evidence"   Other than that, excellent point.

I know Trump is a narcissistic jackass...but this board is chock full of leftist lemmings that will truly believe anything because 'orange man bad'   Even with an entire carton of egg on their face for looking like complete gullible loons for 650 straight days, they still press on.  Fun to watch.

You haven't answered my question about the alleged meetings and implications thereof between Simpson and Cougar McRuskie, Esq.  Any chance you'll do that?  I mean, if we're truly interested in full disclosure of gullibility . . .

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Impeachment is a different story.  That’s the Dems playing politics thinking it helps win 2020. No two ways about it. 

It’s a big problem I have with the democrats.  They think they’re playing 3-D chess and never realize their opponent is a cold blooded psychopathic killer that doesn’t acknowledge “rules”.   The democrats overthinking shit is a big reason Trump won IMO.

Obama and Biden not putting Russia’s shit on blast during the election is a great example of them getting bullied into a corner by Trump and the Republicans.  Trump running around saying everything was rigged and the Russia stuff was fake went completely unchallenged by the White House.   Hillary was left to fend for herself against Putin and Trump which made her look like a nutty conspiracy theorist.  

Sometimes the democrats need to say “fuck the bullshit” and go hard to the paint on the obstacle standing right in front of them when they’re morally obligated.

• Like 4

Back to the event that triggered the Russia investigation, Papadopoulos' Oct 2018 HIC testimony transcript released:

https://dougcollins.house.gov/sites/dougcollins.house.gov/files/Papadopoulos l10.25.18 Interview Transcript_Redacted.pdf

Papdop suggests that Mifsud was essentially running a honeypot scheme in coordination with Western intelligence agencies. His characterization of the Downer meeting that initiated the FBI Russia investigation starts on page 30, under questioning from Meadows. He characterizes it later as a setup. Also under questioning with Meadows, his description of belligerent interactions with Halper, who has been reported to be an FBI asset. Interestingly Mueller reportedly doesn't ask about Halper at all in his questioning of Papadopoulos. The exchange regarding Tawlil (CIA asset) at 111 also interesting. Papadopoulos' interpretation is that a CIA asset attempted to frame him with a $10k cash payment in Greece, right before he is apprehended returning to the US.   Papadop interprets the FBI agents who arrest him at Dulles as being surprised and upset during a search of his possessions when no money is found. OSC then threatens to prosecute him as an agent of Israel in the course of soliciting his plea arrangement, and the Papadop interprets the OSC as being interested in "reclaiming" that cash as part of a forfeiture process associated with his plea. Tawlil makes a play at recovering the cash payment right after Papadop is sentenced. Apparently it's still sitting in Greece in a safe.

OIG investigation should be interesting, if it ever sees light of day. Pops testimony is self-serving, but he must have a good publicist to have this release coincide with his book release. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Haha 1