The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, udaydanceparty said:

"Democratic Senate investigators say it may take them six or seven months to write their final report once they are done with witness interviews. They say they have uncovered facts yet to be made public, and that they hope to make Americans more fully aware of the extent to which the Russians manipulated the U.S. presidential election with the help of some Trump officials, witting or unwitting.

"The report, Democrats say, will not be good for Trump."

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

I didn't spout a theory.  I asked a question and then posed a view of how people will react.  I can't help that certain posters here think that misreporting income for a bank loan 2 years before a political campaign started is tied to russian collusion and that this crime is going to bring down trump.

I'll pose another question, if I am ignorant (which I stopped reading every page of this thread about 60 pages in and decided to only ask questions from then on), then how do you think the average american thinks?  I at least have cognitive thought unlike many americans.  Do you think they have done the leg work?  Do you think they will ask the right questions?  No one is following this anymore, and absolutely no one is following it to the detail that many in here have.  So what about those people?  Do you think they will just come to the same conclusions as you and Trump is a dead man walking?  I'm not seeing that.

Who cares?  I am only concerned with whatever Mueller turns up, along with any House investigations.

If we get to the 2020 elections and no results have been made public, that's when I'll be concerned about the court of public opinion.  Until then, I'm wholly uninterested in trying to "educate" fools who won't set aside their own bias long enough to actually consider the mountain of damning evidence sitting right in front of their collective face.  Fuck 'em.

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

So unseal it.  What is there to lose?  If trump's name is on it then he will be irreparably damaged.  That's what the dems want isn't it? It wouldn't even take a conviction.

Jesus Christ you're a piece of work.  This has been addressed literally dozens of times.  Go talk to a fucking lawyer and educate yourself.

And that is why I hop on the Brisket train some days.  I realize we are fucked as a nation because no matter the evidence of conspiracy between his family, campaign, and his own financial dealings with Moscow, nothing will change peoples minds. Maybe if there is a recording of him asking for Russia to hack Clinton's emails, it might matter.  Or maybe invite the Russians into the Oval Office the day after firing the FBI director and telling them there is now nothing to worry about, it might matter.  Hell, he could even stand before the world in a Nordic country and fellatiate Putin with his lies, cowardice, and acquiescence for his daddy and nothing will matter unless there is a contract written in blood.

I have faith though that the investigation is taking so long because the mountain of evidence is necessary.  There can not be one mistake in it because the GOP will come at it like a bitch.  It will be the hill they die on, and it will work with much of the country.  It blows my mind that they can do this with vaccines, climate change, tax cuts for the wealthy causing massive deficits, and Pence not being gay because of his beard, but they are able to do it.  The evidence must cover the rubes like a blanket of fucking shame to be ridiculed for history.  I believe the country will survive if this can be done.  Hell, did anyone ever think you'd hear Republicans admit the Iraq War was bogus?  Freedom Fries and Toby Keith say no, but history says yes.  USA, USA!

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Dertyberd said:

And that is why I hop on the Brisket train some days.  I realize we are fucked as a nation because no matter the evidence of conspiracy between his family, campaign, and his own financial dealings with Moscow, nothing will change peoples minds. Maybe if there is a recording of him asking for Russia to hack Clinton's emails, it might matter.  Or maybe invite the Russians into the Oval Office the day after firing the FBI director and telling them there is now nothing to worry about, it might matter.  Hell, he could even stand before the world in a Nordic country and fellatiate Putin with his lies, cowardice, and acquiescence for his daddy and nothing will matter unless there is a contract written in blood.

I have faith though that the investigation is taking so long because the mountain of evidence is necessary.  There can not be one mistake in it because the GOP will come at it like a bitch.  It will be the hill they die on, and it will work with much of the country.  It blows my mind that they can do this with vaccines, climate change, tax cuts for the wealthy causing massive deficits, and Pence not being gay because of his beard, but they are able to do it.  The evidence must cover the rubes like a blanket of fucking shame to be ridiculed for history.  I believe the country will survive if this can be done.  Hell, did anyone ever think you'd hear Republicans admit the Iraq War was bogus?  Freedom Fries and Toby Keith say no, but history says yes.  USA, USA!

The worst part is the Trumpkins are completely oblivious to the significance of what Russia did. They think it’s all about Trump.  It isn’t all about Trump.   

The voices of republican concern when China goes hard to the paint with the democrats using the same playbook and the liberals end up controlling everything for generations will be amusing...

and also sad because the Republicans neglected to take this shit seriously when they had the chance.

Party over country.

Always

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Correct.  A major factor in this was the D's allowing the GOP to shape this narrative (as always) in their shock after the election.  They were able to say this was about being poor losers because Trump won and as usual the media ran with it and here we are.  It is why the Senate not being the statesmen they have to be in our system is so worrysome.   Democrats still play by the old rules, which has kept the country afloat for a long while.  McConnell and Co. will have their chance to prove themselves when the investigation comes out and impeachment is thrown their way.  We shall see, it's 50/50 in my book which side they fall on, no matter the evidence.  Serious business in the hands of histories clowns.  Blanket of shame better be heavy as hell.  

6 minutes ago, Dertyberd said:

Correct.  A major factor in this was the D's allowing the GOP to shape this narrative (as always) in their shock after the election.  They were able to say this was about being poor losers because Trump won and as usual the media ran with it and here we are.  It is why the Senate not being the statesmen they have to be in our system is so worrysome.   Democrats still play by the old rules, which has kept the country afloat for a long while.  McConnell and Co. will have their chance to prove themselves when the investigation comes out and impeachment is thrown their way.  We shall see, it's 50/50 in my book which side they fall on, no matter the evidence.  Serious business in the hands of histories clowns.  Blanket of shame better be heavy as hell.  

I don't see an impeachment trial getting off the ground in the Senate as long as McConnell is leader. He would have to be facing a major revolt from his own party for that to happen. 

7 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I don't see an impeachment trial getting off the ground in the Senate as long as McConnell is leader. He would have to be facing a major revolt from his own party for that to happen. 

That I can see in the Senate, but damn if it doesn't even make it over from the House. 

2 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Why hasn't he been perp walked yet and why are lefties suddenly downplaying the mueller investigation like it is going to produce nothing?

Because you can be ludicrously obvious about committing white collar crimes and get away with them in this country. That's kind of the problem.

4 minutes ago, Pokemon said:

They were ready to do it after the buzz feed drop. Which is why I think Mueller threw cold water around -- same with Cohen. The Dems revealed they'd jump the gun before the Mueller report. To get Trump. Mueller's mandate is Russia so he can't jeopardize that priority. He'll probably pass off a Trump take down to New York, as he did with the inauguration subpoenas.

I don't think Mueller was worried about the Dems torpedoing his probe, I think he was worried about them revealing the full depth of the GOP's complicity. He's a fucking lifelong Republican. He's going to do what he can to limit the collateral damage his investigation inflicts on the members of the GOP who aren't themselves knee-deep involved in the conspiracy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I don't think Mueller was worried about the Dems torpedoing his probe, I think he was worried about them revealing the full depth of the GOP's complicity. He's a fucking lifelong Republican. He's going to do what he can to limit the collateral damage his investigation inflicts on the members of the GOP who aren't themselves knee-deep involved in the conspiracy. 

Just like all the Rs that think he's gone rogue in one direction, there is no reason to believe he's gone rogue the other direction.  Can we not assume the guy with a unparalleled service record is out just competently performing his job?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dertyberd said:

Wow.  We're really fucked if they fail to do their duty.  The precedent it sets will mean that nothing truly matters and Brisket is the smartest man on the internets.  

The democrats have already blown their impeachment opportunity.  If they started the process right now, it would drag out for months with hearings and evidence.  

By the time 2020 rolls around the excuse will be “let the voters decide”. 

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Just like all the Rs that think he's gone rogue in one direction, there is no reason to believe he's gone rogue the other direction.  Can we not assume the guy with a unparalleled service record is out just competently performing his job?

Yeah, we know Mueller is going to do his duty but seriously, Trump has been confessing to obstruction of justice in public for two years.  He’s already hit for the cycle as far as a Saturday Night Massacre goes, he just did it really slowly. 

Comey->Strozk->McCabe->Sessions -> Ohr

But Mueller is “still investigating” 

Jlaw okaygif

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The democrats have already blown their impeachment opportunity.  If they started the process right now, it would drag out for months with hearings and evidence.  

By the time 2020 rolls around the excuse will be “let the voters decide”. 

I see that, but they also lose a chance at Senate seats if they puss out and turn it into a referendum on Trump investigation.  They've got all fucking summer to have their hearings etc. and do their jobs.  You don't want this fight in 2020 to be about a "convoluted' investigation, which the R's will turn it in to, with the help of the Russians.  Can't have that.  Must have the case presented in an official capacity and not on the campaign trail. We haven't seen what active measures our adversaries have ready for us.   

Edited by Dertyberd

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, direct evidence would be Trump and Putin caught on video handing out MAGA hats together in Central Park.

Which ironically would be less consequential that the actual coordination that took place.

But even then, 33% of the country will deny that it was collusion...

"He's helping the homeless be more fashionable! And Russians love hats- they're our new best friends! Just like in Rocky 4!"

Four investigations:

1. Obama

2. Senate

3. House

4. Mueller

All the smartest people, dedicated political enemies. Every email housed in Utah, every travel document, every cell phone record. Dozens of people threatened with prosecution unless they flip. Release from jail if you flip. Armed assault on your house unless you flip. Everyone's life turned upside down to try and get some evidence. And yet Trump still hid his collusion.

Gentlemen, I think it's time we admit the truth. I know everyone thought Trump was a moron, I certainly did. But he outsmarted the best of the best of the best. We were wrong. If he's this good, then he can only be one thing, and one thing alone. The greatest of all time. 

e33f4e502f42e36dbeb0278213d20580.jpg

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 9

5 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Four investigations:

1. Obama

2. Senate

3. House

4. Mueller

All the smartest people, dedicated political enemies. Every email housed in Utah, every travel document, every cell phone record. Dozens of people threatened with prosecution unless they flip. Release from jail if you flip. Armed assault on your house unless you flip. Everyone's life turned upside down to try and get some evidence. And yet Trump still hid his collusion.

Gentlemen, I think it's time we admit the truth. I know everyone thought Trump was a moron, I certainly did. But he outsmarted the best of the best of the best. We were wrong. If he's this good, then he can only be one thing, and one thing alone. The greatest of all time. 

e33f4e502f42e36dbeb0278213d20580.jpg

He's been implicated in all four. That's not counting the SDNY and NY AG.

He's in a shit load of legal jeopardy. So are his children.

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

He's been implicated in all four. That's not counting the SDNY and NY AG.

He's in a shit load of legal jeopardy. So are his children.

Theboxofhammers has been proven wrong on literally every single point he's ever made in the new CR. At first, I thought he was a troll but, no, he really is this stupid.

He's not worth responding to other than an occasional:

Spoiler

FNFLB0WJ48POGPV.LARGE.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Theboxofhammers has been proven wrong on literally every single point he's ever made in the new CR. At first, I thought he was a troll but, no, he really is this stupid.

He's not worth responding to other than an occasional:

Reveal hidden contents

FNFLB0WJ48POGPV.LARGE.jpg

Yeah, I should know better.

Shame on me.

31 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Yeah, I should know better.

Shame on me.

Don't get me wrong. I see value in taking on trolls and liars for the benefit of the less politically engaged and informed lurkers out there on the principle of not letting falsehoods fester. But, in the case of Theboxofhammers, anyone who is actually in danger of buying the shit he sells might be completely irredeemable themselves.  

• Like 1