The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Nope. There's lots. 

They can't troll from ignore and that's all they're doing.  There's trials and convictions going on and a game of whackamole amongst trolls posting.  Just ignore them and they're deprived of their antagonist role.  

• Like 1

Any moment now, we'll get more people asking questions, from the beginning on page 314 without bothering or wanting to read anything already posted prior.  There is hundreds of pages of links, articles, graphs, timelines, public statements, videos and whatever else to assist with people's sudden, naive curiosity.  And they are going to post these questions on the internet while avoiding using the internet as a research tool for anything factual because fake news.  Nope, we're going to need to post a few questions to reframe a narrative where the Right isn't fucked on most accounts.  The ignore button is an asset and if they are really curious, let them watch youtube videos on Trump during his run up to the presidency where he answers all of their fake questions ON NATIONAL TV.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

Interesting interview regarding Manafort on Fresh Air yesterday

'Atlantic' journalist Franklin Foer says American real estate (including Trump Organization properties) has become a "giant magnet" for Russia's kleptocratic fortunes. Foer also talks about the Mueller investigation and Paul Manafort, Trump's former campaign manager, who will be sentenced next month on charges of witness tampering and conspiracy relating to money laundering scheme. His article about Manafort, 'American Hustler,' is nominated for a National Magazine Award.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/13/694287206/how-russian-style-kleptocracy-is-infiltrating-america

20 minutes ago, retread said:

Interesting interview regarding Manafort on Fresh Air yesterday

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/13/694287206/how-russian-style-kleptocracy-is-infiltrating-america

This is no doubt true, but in the grander scheme is a blinding glimpse of the obvious.  American real estate and other assets have been a haven for Chinese and Central/South American (drug) money forever, too.  And don't forget the mob and Hoffa domestically.  Those are just different types of kleptocracies. 

The US has to be the money laundering capital of the world.

I really hope at some point that Trump gets a comeuppance for his shit business practices, even if it isn't as POTUS.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He's going to bury the Mueller report. 

Just wait for the inevitable:

"Oh wow, he promised at his confirmation he'd release the full report. I am very concerned and surprised by this development!" - dumbass GOP Senators

5 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

yeah, and two posters account for over 12% of the total posts on the politics board.  This is not 'just for discussion' for them.  

If two men can't have a philosphical knife fight....I dont want to be an 'Murican no more.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

If this occurs there need to be riots.

yes.  and that same thing could be said about several dozens of things that have already happened during this administration.  and here we are - not only is trump still in office, but between 40 and 50+ percent of the voting population supports him and will vote for him again no matter who the opponent(s) is/are (and my contention is that it is closer to 50 per cent, there are just less people willing to admit it publicly, thus skewing his poll approval numbers downwards), and there is a very strong chance he will be re-elected.  so, yeah.

17 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

yes.  and that same thing could be said about several dozens of things that have already happened during this administration.  and here we are - not only is trump still in office, but between 40 and 50+ percent of the voting population supports him and will vote for him again no matter who the opponent(s) is/are (and my contention is that it is closer to 50 per cent, there are just less people willing to admit it publicly, thus skewing his poll approval numbers downwards), and there is a very strong chance he will be re-elected.  so, yeah.

You and Brisket are harshing my buzz man.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

I don't think it's anywhere near 50%.

3 hours ago, CowboyFred said:

How many Hilary investigations were there again?  

• Susan McDougal, who had already completed her sentence, was pardoned for her role in the Whitewater scandal. McDougal had served the maximum possible 18 months, including eight in solitary confinement, on contempt charges for refusing to testify about Clinton's role.

James McDougal, key Whitewater witness, dies Death of Clinton's former partner is blow to Starr's case; 'Sick and tired of lying'

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1998-03-09-1998068020-story.html#

But after an Arkansas jury convicted him, Susan McDougal and then-Arkansas Gov. Jim Guy Tucker of fraud and conspiracy in 1996, James McDougal changed his story -- and was prepared to testify that Hale was telling the truth and that Clinton was not.

"I just got sick and tired of lying for the fellow," he explained in a televised interview last year. "Yes, I was trying to protect him."

McDougal's recollections are not likely to be admissible as evidence now.

Lying aint new.  Pardons aint new either.  Easter is coming.

• Like 1