The Best People

Nice Guy Eddie

Fairly brutal accounting of how Scott Pruitt went from low earning state politician to well off federal politician while helping his friends.

https://nyti.ms/2vz6Q8z

when he was taking advantage of running the epa and spending too much on travel and other luxuries, I assumed he was just going a bit crazy for the first time.  Nope, follows a lifetime of using his office to line his pocket.  

His aide, running the epa superfund, is a friend who is barred from the banking industry now.  Used to help Scotty with many loans that appear questionable.  

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Fairly brutal accounting of how Scott Pruitt went from low earning state politician to well off federal politician while helping his friends.

https://nyti.ms/2vz6Q8z

when he was taking advantage of running the epa and spending too much on travel and other luxuries, I assumed he was just going a bit crazy for the first time.  Nope, follows a lifetime of using his office to line his pocket.  

His aide, running the epa superfund, is a friend who is barred from the banking industry now.  Used to help Scotty with many loans that appear questionable.  

Such a sleazebag. It's unreal. The man defines the swamp. He's the Swamp Thing. 

I'd like to know the name of the "EPA spokesperson" quoted in that article. 

Environment Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt declined an offer from the White House to help him prepare for what could be a marathon day of testimony before Congress Thursday, electing instead to prepare with a team of the loyal advisors he brought to Washington from Oklahoma, sources tell ABC News.

He's fucked. 

pruitt is my archenemy.  i despise him more than trump.  he is the worst of the cabinet and it's a shitshow of a cabinet.  he is day by day ruining this country, making america worse again.  he is doing serious damage to the environment and our public lands.

• Like 4

On 4/22/2018 at 9:12 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Pruitt is the new benchmark on acceptable corruption and malfeasance in the Trump administration.

At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump has a serial killer somewhere in his administration.

He is not putting Hillary into any position of his admin. 

• Fuck You 2

18 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

If anything, this solidified his position with the DOTUS. 

He's gotta feel good about working at the WH as long as he wants now. No way DOTUS will let him go after the failed VA nomination.

Edited by retread

23 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Anyone who didnt see through that "drain the swamp" bullshit coming out of that con man's mouth in about half a second needs to be pointed at ridiculed everyday for the rest of their life

Yeah, if you knew anything about how Trump operates you were a fool to think he'd be anything but the swampiest president ever. And he is. He's filling the swamp to overflowing. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

21 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Oooh more neg rep from little babies who's hero is called out.  

just when you got into the green too.  poor sisyphus.

just like trump is likely not your hero (how deplorable would you have to be?), you can support and vote for a person without them being your hero.  it's this posters opinion, and keeps getting stronger every day of this administration, that our country would be better off had hillary won.  

15 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yeah, if you knew anything about how Trump operates you were a fool to think he'd be anything but the swampiest president ever. And he is. He's filling the swamp to overflowing. 

The thing is, he's not.  Let's be clear on the metaphors.  DC was, and in many ways remains, a swamp.  A swamp is populated by a set crew of predictable creatures.  Gators, snakes, toads, etc.

He's drained a portion of the swamp....and replaced it with a cesspool, full of disease-ridden sludge, rank turds, and slime on top of slime.  He's managed to create a place that's more disgusting and harmful than the swamp that it replaced.  Incompetent, unqualified cabinet members and team members. Open and naked crooks, rooking the people for as much as they can while they're in office (including the POTUS himself, sending tens of millions of taxpayer dollars to his own businesses). Truly an amazing feat.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

just when you got into the green too.  poor sisyphus.

just like trump is likely not your hero (how deplorable would you have to be?), you can support and vote for a person without them being your hero.  it's this posters opinion, and keeps getting stronger every day of this administration, that our country would be better off had hillary won.  

And some would meh rep you for that.  I just laugh at you and say no wrong. Hillary would have carried on with her corrupt ways with a complicit press corps and a stack DOJ and FBI itstack DOJ

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And some would meh rep you for that.  I just laugh at you and say no wrong. Hillary would have carried on with her corrupt ways with a complicit press corps and a stack DOJ and FBI itstack DOJ

Yeah, I mean, she might have used campaign funds for illegal purposes, or sent taxpayer funds by the tens of millions to her own bank accounts, or appointed people who see public office as their own slush fund.

And we can't stand for a president who  would do that....right?

• Like 3

yeah, but she wouldn't have reopened the import of elephant skins and tusks.  she wouldn't have put coal execs on environmental boards, she wouldn't be rolling back regulations that protect our drinking water and clean air.   we can argue this back and forth all day.  the bottomline is this has been the worst presidency in 150 years, the recent elections are showing it, the number of people that have left his staff reflect it, as does the massive number of republican congress members that have decided to not run again.   the ones that stick it out have done it with immense humility.  he's made fun of their wives, insulted their dad's, teased, bullied, etc.  it's a miracle anyone in his party is still working with him.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, I mean, she might have used campaign funds for illegal purposes, or sent taxpayer funds by the tens of millions to her own bank accounts, or appointed people who see public office as their own slush fund.

And we can't stand for a president who  would do that....right?

No, you see, emails showed that a Clinton Foundation donor who requested a meeting with her was denied a meeting, which is proof of the worst corruption imaginable. Mick Mulvaney's got nothing on Crooked Hillary.

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The thing is, he's not.  Let's be clear on the metaphors.  DC was, and in many ways remains, a swamp.  A swamp is populated by a set crew of predictable creatures.  Gators, snakes, toads, etc.

He's drained a portion of the swamp....and replaced it with a cesspool, full of disease-ridden sludge, rank turds, and slime on top of slime.  He's managed to create a place that's more disgusting and harmful than the swamp that it replaced.  Incompetent, unqualified cabinet members and team members. Open and naked crooks, rooking the people for as much as they can while they're in office (including the POTUS himself, sending tens of millions of taxpayer dollars to his own businesses). Truly an amazing feat.

At the end of the day a swamp is a wetland ecosystem. When Pruitt heard that he decided to make it a Superfund site.

8748647-large.jpg

Would the President's doc normally be an Admiral?  Self-admittedly I don't know much about Navy organizational standards but I would think an Admiral would be charge of 100s if not 1000s of people.  Not running 1 clinic for 1 person.  (But I assume that office would step in if anyone in the WH became severely ill)

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

She did.... things like that, and worse over her Washing ton coat riding career.  The Clinton foundation was a shakedown org. designed to take money for access to her future impending admin. 

Solicitor General Noel Francisco wraps up his closing arguments before SCOTUS with the following:

“[Trump] made it crystal clear on September 25th that he had no intention of imposing the Muslim ban,” Francisco argued. “He has made crystal clear that Muslims in this country are great Americans, and there are many, many Muslims countries who love this country, and he has praised Islam as one of the great countries of the world.”

No doubt some are dismissing it as a slip of the tongue.  In a prepared closing argument.  In front of the fucking SCOTUS.

The Nation of Islam

Edited by jimmyjazz

9 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Jesus.  You truly have no sense of irony, do you?

Trump has elevated THIS to multiple positions in his admin:

"We had a hierarchy in my office in Congress. If you're a lobbyist who never gave us money, I didn't talk to you. If you're a lobbyist who gave us money, I might talk to you."

And Trump sends millions of US tax dollars to his properties, effectively EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND.

Foreign powers are spending a fortune at his hotel in DC, directly channeling foreign dollars into the pocket of a man they want access to.

Jesus, you're fucking glorious to watch -- you're repeatedly punching yourself in the nuts and asking us "see how bad I'm kicking that guy's ass?"  Yeah, man.  We see you.

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Onboard still can't figure out the quote function?

Well, he repeatedly punches himself in the dick, finding certain actions to be complete disqualifiers when Hillary did them, but looking past them when Trump does them repeatedly, shamelessly, and in our face daring us to do something about it, so....

z8t5y.jpg?a423480

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Jesus.  You truly have no sense of irony, do you?

Trump has elevated THIS to multiple positions in his admin:

And Trump sends millions of US tax dollars to his properties, effectively EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND.

Foreign powers are spending a fortune at his hotel in DC, directly channeling foreign dollars into the pocket of a man they want access to.

Jesus, you're fucking glorious to watch -- you're repeatedly punching yourself in the nuts and asking us "see how bad I'm kicking that guy's ass?"  Yeah, man.  We see you.

You like Hillary, you think she's ok I see her for what she was a corrupt, criminal who would do anything  to get anything she wanted. Well she didn't get the presidency and we're better off for it.  Sometimes you need a bitter pill to get better and Trump might be the bitter pill, so that others think ng they can do what Hillary tried to do will think twice.

What I find really pathetic is everyone here has friends who voted differently than they did, but it's here on an anonymous web site you have the (alleged) balls to call people a POS because they don't share your political point of view.  

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You like Hillary, you think she's ok I see her for what she was a corrupt, criminal who would do anything  to get anything she wanted. Well she didn't get the presidency and we're better off for it.  Sometimes you need a bitter pill to get better and Trump might be the bitter pill, so that others think ng they can do what Hillary tried to do will think twice.

What I find really pathetic is everyone here has friends who voted differently than they did, but it's here on an anonymous web site you have the (alleged) balls to call people a POS because they don't share your political point of view.  

Please cite one post -- on this or any other forum -- where I said anything remotely close to "I like Hillary."

Spoiler -- you can't.

Had she been elected, I wouldn't fucking excuse her committing naked graft and corruption like Trump is.  If she was elected and proceeded to do HALF of what Trump has done, I'd want her run out of town on a rail as well.

It's just amazing that you are so breathtakingly stupid to rail against someone who would "do anything to get what []he wanted" and is a "corrupt criminal"....and you don't see the fucking irony.  

Deciding that Trump was the lesser of two evils is one thing.

Giving that lesser evil a pass once he's in office is quite another.  You're an absolute idiot, but rest easy -- you ARE the American voter, in his purest form.

9 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

So we got someone even more corrupt and more criminal.

We would be much better off if she were president. 

11 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Sometimes people call other people a POS because they're a POS.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, he repeatedly punches himself in the dick, finding certain actions to be complete disqualifiers when Hillary did them, but looking past them when Trump does them repeatedly, shamelessly, and in our face daring us to do something about it, so....

z8t5y.jpg?a423480

I don't care about Hillary, but we've got evidence showing that she actually DIDN'T do what they claim she did routinely. It's not simply hypocrisy on his part, it's delusion.

Onboard would drop a but Hillary 2 seconds before he's engulfed by a mushroom cloud.  He is physically incapable of admitting Trump is a worse President that she would have been.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 2