The Best People

Nice Guy Eddie

23 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You like Hillary, you think she's ok I see her for what she was a corrupt, criminal who would do anything  to get anything she wanted. Well she didn't get the presidency and we're better off for it.  Sometimes you need a bitter pill to get better and Trump might be the bitter pill, so that others think ng they can do what Hillary tried to do will think twice.

What I find really pathetic is everyone here has friends who voted differently than they did, but it's here on an anonymous web site you have the (alleged) balls to call people a POS because they don't share your political point of view.  

well see, that's the problem.  you seeing her for "what she was, a corrupt, criminal" is wrong.  you're on shiftless ground already.  that's just like you're opinion, man.  there is no more proof that she is corrupt or a criminal than there is that trump is a corrupt criminal.  you're getting yourself all red in the face that the earth is flat and it will never be proven to be flat.  give it up.  it's been over a year now.   

you're a good poster and i hate to see you go down in flames. you have sane, eloquent responses and insight on every other board and thread, but when it comes to hillary you completely lose your shit.  for the record, i don't think you're a pos and i've never negged you.  but you really need to get over this hillary vitriol.  it's to the point where you might need professional counseling.  what is at the root of this?  did she reject you in college?  did she tell you you had a little peepee?  let it go.  

• Like 1

So now Pruitt is admitting that he not only knew about his close aides raises, but that he approved.  I guess we are to assume that he lied to Fox News earlier this month when he stated that he had only recently learned of the raises and someone else approved them.  In any other administration, Pruitt would be a 10 on the scandal chart but maybe he ranks a 2 for Trump.

On 4/22/2018 at 8:12 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Pruitt is the new benchmark on acceptable corruption and malfeasance in the Trump administration.

At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump has a serial killer somewhere in his administration.

OnBoard is one of the worst posters here and over at the other place. It’s all Hillary, all the time. It’s amazing. We’re getting to summer 2018 and he is STILL “but hillarying”. Now he’ll come running along and throw in a “yer” and another comment about being a Hillary lover. It’s all he does. He’s about worthless as bad motherfucker 

14 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Scott Pruitt could probably get his own thread, but I’ll put these three developments here. 

What a fucking shitshow.

Seriously.  Every fucking day, another epic pratfall.  This isn't the gang that couldn't shoot straight.  They can't even work their way up to something as sophisticated as a gun.

They're the gang that can't sling jawbones straight:

Screen-Shot-2017-05-05-at-2.05.00-AM.png

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

He's a southern baptist that doesn't believe in evolution and uses the Bible as proof we should burn all the oil and coal in the world.  You literally could not have picked a worse person for his position.

In other words, a perfect Republican. 

Trump administration now running active measures on Trump administration 

As Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt faces a seemingly endless stream of scandal, his team is scrambling to divert the spotlight to Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke. And the White House isn’t happy about it.

In the last week, a member of Pruitt’s press team, Michael Abboud, has been shopping negative stories about Zinke to multiple outlets, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the efforts, as well as correspondence reviewed by The Atlantic.

“This did not happen, and it’s categorically false,” EPA spokesman Jahan Wilcox said.

The stories were shopped with the intention of “taking the heat off of Pruitt,” the sources said, in the aftermath of the EPA chief’s punishing congressional hearing last week. They both added, however, that most reporters felt the story was not solid enough to run. On Thursday, Patrick Howley of Big League Politics published a pieceon the allegations; he did not respond to request for comment as to his sources.

Abboud alleged to reporters that an Interior staffer conspired with former EPA deputy chief of staff Kevin Chmielewski to leak damaging information about the EPA, as part of a rivalry between Zinke and Pruitt. The collaboration, Abboud claimed, allowed the Interior staffer to prop up Zinke at the expense of Pruitt, and Chmielewski to “get back” at his former boss.

Abboud offered to connect reporters with Healy Baumgardner as a second source, according to a person with direct knowledge. Baumgardner, a former Trump campaign official, is a global energy lobbyist for the U.S.-China Exchange. She’s close to some EPA officials, the source, as well as an EPA official, confirmed. Baumgardner did not immediately return a request for comment.

According to the two sources, Interior staffers who fielded the reporters’ calls were able to ascertain that Abboud, who is a former Trump campaign official, was behind the stories. The Interior Department’s White House liaison then called the White House Presidential Personnel Office to complain about his conduct.

On Wednesday, a PPO official called top aides at the EPA “enraged” about Abboud’s efforts, according to a senior EPA official. The PPO official inquired whether Abboud was a “Schedule C” appointee, which would place him within PPO’s jurisdiction and thus give it the ability to fire him. But the official was informed that Abboud is an “administratively determined” hire, which means that only Pruitt himself has the ability to fire him. It is unclear the extent to which Pruitt was aware of these events.

Even so, the message from PPO, according to the senior official, was: “Basically, y’all are in trouble.” A White House official with knowledge of the events added: “Absolutely nothing Scott Pruitt did would surprise me.”

Heather Swift, a spokeswoman for Interior, and Raj Shah, a spokesman for the White House, both declined to comment.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Pruitt is a nut,  wouldn’t surprise me if he has his sights on being the president one day and wants to use the epa role solely to gain contacts for a future WH run.  

The most surprising part is how silent trump is about Pruitt.  He has used other cabinet members to divert attention from himself.   Tweet that you’re considering replacing Pruitt and wonder what everyone thinks.  That alone will get the media talking.

How in the fuck does the VA Secretary have to resign over lying to investigators regarding Wimbledon tickets and Scott Pruitt still has a senate approved cabinet job?  I guarantee there has never been a more corrupt secretary in US history. It’s utterly baffling 

37 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

How in the fuck does the VA Secretary have to resign over lying to investigators regarding Wimbledon tickets and Scott Pruitt still has a senate approved cabinet job?  I guarantee there has never been a more corrupt secretary in US history. It’s utterly baffling 

He's doing the bidding of the people who spend big money to put the Republicans in power. The Kochs and their ilk expect a return on their investment and Pruitt is giving it to them. That's all that matters. 

39 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Be careful there.  "US History" is a LONG stretch.  And we've had some crooked mofos over the years.

But this is admin is certainly unprecedented in its crookery in the modern era.

Remember that there is a rumor that Trump is eyeing Pruitt as a possible replacement to Sessions as AG.  He can't force out Pruitt in EPA and later nominate him as AG.  They did force out Pruitt's 2 crony aides, including the guy who was recently banned from the banking industry but Pruitt put him in charge of the Superfund department within the EPA.    I imagine that Trump/Kelly/WH are forcing Pruitt to clean house and telling him to get in line because they don't want to fire him.

1 minute ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Pruitt needs to angle for the secy of state job not ag. Way easier to hide his travel. 

Oh yes I am meeting with the president of Sandals resorts to discuss free trade. 

Pruitt is an opportunist and will eye any job that will elevate him to a higher cabinet role.  My guess is that his travel, expenditures and out-of-control aides will halt somewhat.  Sec of State isn't a possibility now since Pompeo has that locked up for now.   Sessions is in more trouble especially if/when Trump fires Mueller. No reason to replace Sessions until the Mueller decision is made.    a very strong possibility is that when Trump wants Mueller fired, he will also need to fire Sessions and Rosenstein.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sessions is in more trouble especially if/when Trump fires Mueller. No reason to replace Sessions until the Mueller decision is made.    a very strong possibility is that when Trump wants Mueller fired, he will also need to fire Sessions and Rosenstein.

Sweet, Saturday Night Massacre 2, Electric Boogaloo.

• Like 1

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/06/politics/gina-haspel-sought-withdraw-nomination-cia-director/index.html

So Gina Haspel threatened to withdraw her name from consideration to lead the CIA because she is afraid of the Senate confirmation questions about her role in the torture program?

Looks like we should replace waterboarding with a threat to join the Trump administration if we want to strike fear in the hearts and minds of the detainees.

• Like 1

As far as Haspel goes, the water boarding decisions were a questionable but I do give the people involved some leeway because they were trying to prevent another 9/11. However you have to own it now and not say that you were just follow Orders like the cia is saying about her and the destruction of water boarding videos. 

“The future ain’t what it used to be,” Mr. Pruitt said, quoting a Yogi Berra line that he would return to in speeches.

Details from the breakfast, and dozens of other official appearances from Mr. Pruitt’s scandal-plagued first year at the E.P.A., have until now been hidden from public view as a result of an extraordinary effort by Mr. Pruitt and his aides to block disclosure of the bulk of his daily schedule.

But a Freedom of Information lawsuit filed by the Sierra Club, the environmental group, has resulted in the release of 10,703 pages of documents that detail Mr. Pruitt’s plans for travel and appearances nationwide. The documents offer visibility for the first time not only into many of his appearances but into the agency’s pursuit of secrecy as well.

The emails — concerning events like a closed-door speech to power plant owners in Missouri, a secret visit to Toyota’s auto plant in Texas and a town-hall style speech to farmers in Iowa where organizersclamped down on questions — show the E.P.A.’s chief concern was about controlling who would be in the room with Mr. Pruitt and what could be said.

Something is strange when the head of the EPA basically states that his role is to build jobs.     I agree that the WH administration does that have goal but shouldn't the head of the EPA be the one concerned about protecting the environment?  

I imagine Pruitt is shocked that his Oklahoma behavior isn't going over very well in DC.  Who would have guessed the Washington Post and NYT aren't as friendly as the Daily Oklahoman?  They actually validate that you're doing your job correctly instead of taking you at your word.  Damn big city libs.

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Also, I love Pruitt’s excuse for flying first class everywhere.   Security.  Poor people are dangerous.  Rich people, I’m fine with.  

I fly business to stay away from the poors, but I'm spending my own money and not taxpayer dollars.

There is also the complete aversion for Pruitt to have to interact with anyone that isn't pre-approved and handed questions to ask of Pruitt.   Is he that fragile that he can't handle a question that he thinks is hostile?   

I understand his public protection is so extreme, ALL of his public events are not publicized until AFTER the event.  And the industry events must have their questions submitted to his staff in advance.  I assume they are using his safety as an excuse in that he doesn't want a video of his inability to answer a tough question about environmental protection; you know, his job.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:55 AM, Pig Bellmont said:

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:35 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

He's doing the bidding of the people who spend big money to put the Republicans in power. The Kochs and their ilk expect a return on their investment and Pruitt is giving it to them. That's all that matters. 

The VA is important to the Trump/GOP base.  Any sense of waste there is going to be amplified with stories of vets not getting the care they need.  The fact that Shulkin had a formal hiring freeze, followed by a de facto freeze. really makes his decision to take his wife to Wimbledon on the taxpayers' dime particularly painful.  On the other hand, the Trump/GOP base has this bizarre notion that a poorly run EPA will somehow make permitting easier.  It won't.  Anything they can do to shit on that department is somehow ok.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:03 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Wasn’t it great of Giuliani to announce the 3 US prisoners in North Korea were being released and now says that he didn’t really know what he was saying.  Raise the hopes of the families of the 3 only to crush them. 

My understanding is the most important thing about prisoner release from a foreign country is to keep it out of the media as much as possible.  North Korea does not want to be perceived to be following Trump's instructions.  It makes them look weak.  And, it also increases the bargaining power for the release.  Just shut the fuck up until they are on American soil, and then speak diplomatically about it.