So, who takes Harris' seat?

Gil Bang

25 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

Schiff is 60? He looked a lot younger in the Intelligence Committee hearings.

Anyway, I think he'd be a better successor to Pelosi in the Speaker's chair. Maybe Ted Lieu? His district is deep blue.

Listening to Ted Lieu troll the GOP on a daily basis would be fantastic, if not particularly productive. Dude is a boss. For whatever reason, he could blast Trump regularly and Trump never took him on that I'm aware of. Perhaps its because he has a lower profile than the AOC's of the world. 

I think considering how the House election went and the very small majority, it rules out most Congresspersons.  Also from Newsom's perspective, if he appoints a non-elected official, like Becerra or Padilla, he also gets to select their replacement rather than leave it to another election, where the Dems did poorly.  I certainly think that rules someone like Porter out, who's a rockstar but in a purple district.  It's most likely going to be someone most of you have never heard of.

37 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Listening to Ted Lieu troll the GOP on a daily basis would be fantastic, if not particularly productive. Dude is a boss. For whatever reason, he could blast Trump regularly and Trump never took him on that I'm aware of. Perhaps its because he has a lower profile than the AOC's of the world. 

Trump rarely challenges men unless it is out of absolute necessity like Biden.  And while he attacked Biden, he doesn't do it with the same vitriol that he uses with women like Hillary or AOC.  While he is racist, he's an even bigger misogynist.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

a Dem Gov. also need to appoint somebody with a good chance of being re-elected. 

Why do you say this out of curiosity? The GOP can't even get a Republican nominated to run for Senate half the time, let alone believe they have a snow balls chance in hell of winning.  What does it matter whether or not Gavin's choice for Senate is ratified by the people, vs a different dem getting elected when they get around to having the election.  What am I missing there?

Edited by Wulaw Horn

31 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Trump rarely challenges men unless it is out of absolute necessity like Biden.  And while he attacked Biden, he doesn't do it with the same vitriol that he uses with women like Hillary or AOC.  While he is racist, he's an even bigger misogynist.

Extremely misogynistic.  That is, in my mind, his number 1 character trait that shines through clearest of all of them and is beyond a doubt true.  He thinks women are good for one thing and one thing only, servicing him sexually, even with a pretty disturbing relationship with his daughter. 

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Extremely misogynistic.  That is, in my mind, his number 1 character trait that shines through clearest of all of them and is beyond a doubt true.  He thinks women are good for one thing and one thing only, servicing him sexually, even with a pretty disturbing relationship with his daughter. 

I prefer my women to be able to cook and clean the house when they are not servicing me sexually.

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I think considering how the House election went and the very small majority, it rules out most Congresspersons.  Also from Newsom's perspective, if he appoints a non-elected official, like Becerra or Padilla, he also gets to select their replacement rather than leave it to another election, where the Dems did poorly.  I certainly think that rules someone like Porter out, who's a rockstar but in a purple district.  It's most likely going to be someone most of you have never heard of.

The Dems run California and the Republicans only picked up seats due to Gerrymandering making it difficult for the Fems to ever have a majority. Nearly every election an overwhelming majority of voters vote for Democratic Us House candidates, but even with that, they rarely have a majority of US Reps. But there is no question that a Democrat would win Ted Lieu’s seat. 

56 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Trump has a small dick. Literally. And that, along with mommy issues has always led him to try to belittle women to make himself feel like more of a man. If any of his Republican competition in 2016 had been physically imposing, he would have been intimidated as fuck because he knows he’s inferior. 

34 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Why do you say this out of curiosity? The GOP can't even get a Republican nominated to run for Senate half the time, let alone believe they have a snow balls chance in hell of winning.  What does it matter whether or not Gavin's choice for Senate is ratified by the people, vs a different dem getting elected when they get around to having the election.  What am I missing there?

California has an open primary. Dems & GOP run against each other for the senate and the two highest vote-getters go into the runoff. You can’t allow a free-for-all among Dems or you might end up with the only two GOP candidates in the runoff, so there is a bit of a pecking order to even be allowed to run. 

That being said, I can’t see Newsome just handing the position to someone who plans to keep it for 24 to 30 years. 

Also, Ted Lieu wasn’t born a US citizen, so I don’t think that he can be the Speaker of the House (not positive though), because the Speaker is behind the VP in succession. Moving on to the Senate and then taking a cabinet position is more his career trajectory. 

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The Dems run California and the Republicans only picked up seats due to Gerrymandering making it difficult for the Fems to ever have a majority. Nearly every election an overwhelming majority of voters vote for Democratic Us House candidates, but even with that, they rarely have a majority of US Reps. But there is no question that a Democrat would win Ted Lieu’s seat. 

Trump has a small dick. Literally. And that, along with mommy issues has always led him to try to belittle women to make himself feel like more of a man. If any of his Republican competition in 2016 had been physically imposing, he would have been intimidated as fuck because he knows he’s inferior. 

California has an open primary. Dems & GOP run against each other for the senate and the two highest vote-getters go into the runoff. You can’t allow a free-for-all among Dems or you might end up with the only two GOP candidates in the runoff, so there is a bit of a pecking order to even be allowed to run. 

That being said, I can’t see Newsome just handing the position to someone who plans to keep it for 24 to 30 years. 

Also, Ted Lieu wasn’t born a US citizen, so I don’t think that he can be the Speaker of the House (not positive though), because the Speaker is behind the VP in succession. Moving on to the Senate and then taking a cabinet position is more his career trajectory. 

I'm aware of the open seat- that's the point I was making when I said half the time the GOP can't even get a nominee to run for the Senate position.  The likelihood of 2 GOP senators running in CA is so astronomically low that it shouldn't come into the thought process of Newsome in nominating a replacement.  It's just not going to happen.  You saw how that played out in GA this time with a shitload of both parties in open primaries, and how it plays out in every Cali primary they've had since they went to open primary.  The Dems just aren't going to get skunked and they aren't going to lose that seat.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Its also pretty telling that, while both are equally unqualified and seem to have roughly the same level of intelligence, he has given all the adviser work to his daughter's husband rather than her.  He definitely operates under the "man of the house" theory.  

On the flip side, I believe Melania was on board with his beliefs.  I think she was satisfied being opinionless subservient eye candy in exchange for living a life of opulence.  Its why she has struggled being forced into a job where outreach work and initiative is expected.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Its also pretty telling that, while both are equally unqualified and seem to have roughly the same level of intelligence, he has given all the adviser work to his daughter's husband rather than her.  He definitely operates under the "man of the house" theory.  

On the flip side, I believe Melania was on board with his beliefs.  I think she was satisfied being opinionless subservient eye candy in exchange for living a life of opulence.  Its why she has struggled being forced into a job where outreach work and initiative is expected.  

Agree completely on Melania- Eastern European mindset I’d guess. Maybe just hot/dumb woman mind set- I don’t know. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

Who are the Californians here? We probably outnumber the Texans.
Porter would be refreshing in the Senate, but that may be a wasting her talents in the House. The House will be leading reform investigations. Porter destroys witnesses with numbers that show malfeasance. How about she takes Nancy's spot and send Nancy to the Senate? 

Yeah, it’s not so much Porter’s seat as her maybe having more power and more to add in the house as a member of the majority. If she wants it, however, she certainly merits consideration.

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Non-natural born citizens can be speaker.  They will just be left out of the line of succession.  Same with all the other positions in the line of succession besides VP.