Cowboys at Vikings Nov 22nd

GhostOfTomJoad

Just now, Al Czervik said:

Al isn’t a cowboy fan but did anyone catch the offensive line mimicking the Cowboys offensive line from the Tom Landry years where the linemen go up and down getting set?  Was at the end of the game in victory formation. 

We’ve been doing that for a while now. We just rarely make it to victory formation 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Al isn’t a cowboy fan but did anyone catch the offensive line mimicking the Cowboys offensive line from the Tom Landry years where the linemen go up and down getting set?  Was at the end of the game in victory formation. 

End of game quick check to see if police waiting near tunnel.

Looking at the box score, this is the best balance I’ve seen in modern era.. 180 rushing yards, 196 passing. Offensive line better or Minnesota worst d in league?

Semi competent o-line. Martin moved out to tackle and we benched the swinging door that couldn’t block a 2yr old.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

We’ve been doing that for a while now. We just rarely make it to victory formation 

Maybe why I don’t notice it.  Al is a Redskin fan and has to watch cowboy games to ease the pain.  I’m like to think it’s a homage to Tom Landry (Texas guy). 
p.s. fuck jerry jones and dan synder

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Honestly, we probably just won the nfc East today. We’ve looked like the best team in the division over the last 2 weeks and we have the easiest schedule the rest of the way. We’re gonna fuck around and get the 20th pick because nobody wants to win this division. 

If Washington doesn't kill all of our QBs next week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Honestly, we probably just won the nfc East today. We’ve looked like the best team in the division over the last 2 weeks and we have the easiest schedule the rest of the way. We’re gonna fuck around and get the 20th pick because nobody wants to win this division. 

giphy (26) (3).gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

What determines draft pick... regular season record, or how well a team does in the playoffs & then season record??

I’m the biggest positive cowboys guy on the board QBs even I wanted them to lose out and get a high pick.

Of course they’d probably end up getting the 7th/8th pick anyways.

28 minutes ago, Drew said:

I mean I’m happy they won. But conflicted because I want to tank.

A top 7 pick doesn’t help us as much as a top 3 pick. That’s where the QB needy teams trade up.

hqdefault.jpg

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

What determines draft pick... regular season record, or how well a team does in the playoffs & then season record??

Found answer...

It’s really quite simple — teams are slotted from No. 1 to No. 32 in the first round, depending on win-loss record from the previous year. The team with the worst record gets the top spot, while the Super Bowl champion and runner-up pick at No. 32 and 31, respectively.

Teams that missed the postseason are automatically entered in the first 20 spots. The postseason teams that missed the Super Bowl are slotted in anywhere from 21 to 30, depending on which round they lost. Tiebreakers are settled by strength of schedule, and if those are identical we go to records against common teams. If teams are still tied after that, they just flip a coin, which actually happened at this year’s NFL Combine when the Philadelphia Eagles and Minnesota Vikings were deadlocked.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/4/27/15444276/nfl-draft-order-rules-determined

Edited by LTtxfan

The eagles have the Seahawks, packers, saints, and cardinals over their next 4 games. That’s a bad team. They could easily lose all of those games. The giants still have to play the Seahawks, cardinals, Browns, and ravens. Washington has the Steelers, Seahawks, and the panthers.

We’ve played most of our tough games. We have Baltimore, and the remains of SF, but that’s it. I think next weeks game against Washington is going to decide the division. Straight up. 

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

That would be some story. Shittiest division in the whole of the NFL. Backup QB...wait didn’t that story happen a few years ago against the Patriots? 

Ya, that’s the ticket.  Cowboys make Super Bowl where Dalton gets knocked out and Squints takes over and wins the game.  Austin will have another Super Bowl QB champion added to the list!

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I wonder if Philly will draft a qb and ditch Wentz? He's clearly not the answer, or will they work on their o-line and hope for the best?

I was reading their blog (Eagles fans are in more misery than even UT fans and Dallas/Houston fans if that’s even possible) for entertainment, and after the game today Pederson said he can’t bench Went bc it would send the wrong message and be saying to the team that the season is over. That’s such BS. Wentz has regressed tremendously. He calls his own plays at the line where he routinely shirks off Pederson’s calls. Multiple times. He has sloppy practice habits. His teammates don’t like or trust him. In 2018, the vets on the team pushed the HC to bench Wentz and he did and they made the playoffs. Now he can’t. I know their OLine is not good at all but benching a QB isn’t a bad thing always. Reid did that with McNabb and it worked. Pederson must not have the ability to make that call. 

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

I was reading their blog (Eagles fans are in more misery than even UT fans and Dallas/Houston fans if that’s even possible) for entertainment, and after the game today Pederson said he can’t bench Went bc it would send the wrong message and be saying to the team that the season is over. That’s such BS. Wentz has regressed tremendously. He calls his own plays at the line where he routinely shirks off Pederson’s calls. Multiple times. He has sloppy practice habits. His teammates don’t like or trust him. In 2018, the vets on the team pushed the HC to bench Wentz and he did and they made the playoffs. Now he can’t. I know their OLine is not good at all but benching a QB isn’t a bad thing always. Reid did that with McNabb and it worked. Pederson must not have the ability to make that call. 

I'm agreeing with this. It sends the wrong message to continue to trot out a failing qb. What does the team have to play for? He's not getting them anywhere. He's had 4 years to get his shit together, and here we are. It's not all the o-line, no matter what they think. Wentz just sucks. Cut your losses, it happens. This is exactly what separates Reid from one year wonder Pederson. 

10 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I wonder if Philly will draft a qb and ditch Wentz? He's clearly not the answer, or will they work on their o-line and hope for the best?

They’re locked into a monster contract that looked really smart at the time. They just have to figure out how to make him better, because he’s gonna be there. Plus they just wasted a 2nd round pick on Jalen Hurts...

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

They’re locked into a monster contract that looked really smart at the time. They just have to figure out how to make him better, because he’s gonna be there. Plus they just wasted a 2nd round pick on Jalen Hurts...

I just wondered about his contract, and totally forgot about Hurts (though his contact is much, much less). But man, they really f'd themselves signing Wentz to a long-term deal. 

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

I just wondered about his contract, and totally forgot about Hurts (though his contact is much, much less). But man, they really f'd themselves signing Wentz to a long-term deal. 

I mean fuck the Eagles. It is the way. But why wouldn’t you want to see what Hurts can do? He can’t be worse than Wentz at this point. I personally thought Hurts was better than Mayfield in college and that guy is a starter. Pederson is a very QB friendly HC. I can’t imagine he just all the sudden sucks at developing them. Wentz just thinks he’s the same QB he was in his rookie season. He’s not. But the only way you regress that badly is because you aren’t taking practice seriously and refuse to take their development seriously. Again, fuck the Eagles but pretty much any HC would bench his ass if they had a remotely qualified backup. Foles sucks but for some reason he was working out there. He was a fit. It was working. 

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I mean fuck the Eagles. It is the way. But why wouldn’t you want to see what Hurts can do? He can’t be worse than Wentz at this point. I personally thought Hurts was better than Mayfield in college and that guy is a starter. Pederson is a very QB friendly HC. I can’t imagine he just all the sudden sucks at developing them. Wentz just thinks he’s the same QB he was in his rookie season. He’s not. But the only way you regress that badly is because you aren’t taking practice seriously and refuse to take their development seriously. Again, fuck the Eagles but pretty much any HC would bench his ass if they had a remotely qualified backup. Foles sucks but for some reason he was working out there. He was a fit. It was working. 

Eagles don't have very good targets for a QB to throw to right now.  Bringing in Hurts and more 12 packages like New England has in the past might allow Philly to be better on offense right now...

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Eagles don't have very good targets for a QB to throw to right now.  Bringing in Hurts and more 12 packages like New England has in the past might allow Philly to be better on offense right now...

Yeah. Their FO really fucked up. Too much money spent in a lot of wrong places. It sounds familiar. HR was being lauded a few years back for being a great GM. But they have whiffed in the draft a bunch and now have crap contracts everywhere. 

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Absolutely fuck the Eagles, but damn. And you're right, Pederson is a qb guy so it's not like he just forgot they exist and how they work. I think the reason we're only seeing Hurts sparingly is because when he was at Bama and ou they run a very simple offense, and he doesn't have the talent Murray does to overcome some weaknesses. I'd be curious to see what they do with Hurts after this season. He's not a bad qb, per se. He's not all-world, either; but he damn sure can't be worse than Wentz at this point. Maybe shop Wentz around and cut your losses, or just cut your losses and make him the backup. He hasn't shown literally anything since before the SB season. He's wasting a spot for someone who deserves it, but like you said fuck the eagles. 

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

For sure. They drafted a wr who was/is injury prone in the 1st rd. Wtf? Their decisions are mind bottling.