Markets still falling like whoa

1 hour ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

i am officially in the red lifetime.  just 2 years, but still.

I'm assuming you've only been in the market 2 years because you're a young buck.  If so, this is the best damn thing that could happen to you.  Just keep shoveling money in on autopilot (not an advisor, not investment advice, yada yada yada).

I didn't have money to invest until 1998 and by 2009 I was wondering why the fuck I'd spent 11 years automatically investing religiously.  In hindsight, those 2 brutal bears were the best thing that ever happened for my retirement.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, txduck87 said:

I think you overestimated it’s worth …..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impossible because I have no estimate of its worth. Could be $0, could be $1 million per BTC. I put in enough to make it interesting, not enough that I'd lose sleep at night.

I'm assuming you've only been in the market 2 years because you're a young buck.  If so, this is the best damn thing that could happen to you.  Just keep shoveling money in on autopilot (not an advisor, not investment advice, yada yada yada).
I didn't have money to invest until 1998 and by 2009 I was wondering why the fuck I'd spent 11 years automatically investing religiously.  In hindsight, those 2 brutal bears were the best thing that ever happened for my retirement.

+1

This can’t be emphasized enough . For you young bucks , selloffs are the best thing that can happen to you. Keep on plowing money in. Look up in 25 years. You’ll be amazed.

PS. I’m talking about index funds and an asset allocation that is proper for your age. Don’t chase individual stocks or flavors of the month. Crypto, doge etc.
You cannot beat the market so don’t try. Old guy rant over.

#retired@55

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

very rational market action. 

Markets are very efficient. You see this morning, the economy was collapsing. But around lunch time it was back on track and doing decently well. I did go out for lunch, so I think that really got people to see the light.

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Markets are very efficient. You see this morning, the economy was collapsing. But around lunch time it was back on track and doing decently well. I did go out for lunch, so I think that really got people to see the light.

you "whatasized it" didnt you?   thank you for your service, you crazy son of a bitch.

21 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Lol futures. We really gonna do this shit again today?

Only down 1% (2.5 for NAS), how much do you think the Dow or S&P close up today?

I think the see-saw continues until an event happens, like Ukraine invasion, China or North Korea do something unexpected geo-politically, natural disaster, intergalactic invasion, etc

18 hours ago, txduck87 said:

+1

This can’t be emphasized enough . For you young bucks , selloffs are the best thing that can happen to you. Keep on plowing money in. Look up in 25 years. You’ll be amazed.

PS. I’m talking about index funds and an asset allocation that is proper for your age. Don’t chase individual stocks or flavors of the month. Crypto, doge etc.
You cannot beat the market so don’t try. Old guy rant over.

#retired@55

This is nonsense, you can beat the market

#retiredat32

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

This feels like manipulation. I feel like @Wally Fairway is pushing a morning selloff to lower prices so he can bait & switch the rest of us chumps.

Come on Wally, stop manipulating the market!

I wish, there is a fuck ton of money to be made & all you have to do is get the timing right. Both getting in and out, or as a friend of mine who is involved with a pension fund says risk on/off. Never thought it would be an intraday strategy.

tldr - I don't have the time for trading this shit

• Haha 1