Swamp aggy vs Gata

Spider2YBanana

Mullen deserves some heat for this shit. Sitting Pitts takes a weapon off the field and tells LSU you think they suck so bad that you can win without him. Then on top of that you experiment with a new O line configuration the week before Bama?  Trask has been uncomfortable all night, and while the run game looks a little better, why are you fucking with your bread and butter?  Trask’s arm is what got you here, who gives a fuck about balance.

4 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Mullen deserves some heat for this shit. Sitting Pitts takes a weapon off the field and tells LSU you think they suck so bad that you can win without him. Then on top of that you experiment with a new O line configuration the week before Bama?  Trask has been uncomfortable all night, and while the run game looks a little better, why are you fucking with your bread and butter?  Trask’s arm is what got you here, who gives a fuck about balance.

What's the story with the OL and Pitts? I was wondering about why I've not heard Kyle Pitts' name. Is he injured? Or in Mullen's doghouse?

If Florida is resting its OL and Pitts for playing against Bama next week, I don't know what to say.

GOing by tonight's effort, I think Bama would roll these guys without breaking a sweat. And two losses back to back could potentially also push them to a lower tier bowl although that seems unlikely.

3 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

What's the story with the OL and Pitts? I was wondering about why I've not heard Kyle Pitts' name. Is he injured? Or in Mullen's doghouse?

Sitting him to keep him healthy for Bama. O line has been a problem all year, especially in the run game, but it was manageable. They shuffled things around for this game instead of going with what works. 

2 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

If Florida is resting its OL and Pitts for playing against Bama next week, I don't know what to say.

GOing by tonight's effort, I think Bama would roll these guys without breaking a sweat. And two losses back to back could potentially also push them to a lower tier bowl although that seems unlikely.

I’m guessing they have a bowl tie in like B12 for CCG loser. 

3 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Bama was going to fuck us up regardless, but at least lose a shoot out instead of rolling into that game with guys questioning everything. Even if they squeak this out, it raises a lot of questions heading into a game where you need to be dialed in. Oh, and as a bonus you’re probably cratering your QBs heisman shot.

5 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

LSU is going to ruin MY fucking season (even more) if this ends up helping aggy get into the playoff. 

honestly, A&M only backs into the final 4 if ND does its job and beats Clemson again next week. There's no way the committee picks two teams from two leagues. ND and Bama are in, regardless. And I'm thinking OSU makes it in as well. If Clemson loses next week, they're out.

That's the only way A&M makes it in. Otherwise it's going to be Bama, ND, Clemson, OSU. 

A&M more than likely ends up in something like Cotton Bowl, and if the matchup is just "right", they'll probably lose. (Hoping this isn't my BAS talking.)

4 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Bama was going to fuck us up regardless, but at least lose a shoot out instead of rolling into that game with guys questioning everything. Even if they squeak this out, it raises a lot of questions heading into a game where you need to be dialed in. Oh, and as a bonus you’re probably cratering your QBs heisman shot.

The heisman thing would be shitty. This should have been his crowning honestly. 

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The heisman thing would be shitty. This should have been his crowning honestly. 

Very, plus this is the last home game and Pitts is gone to the NFL.  It just makes no fucking sense to sit him the entire game. Get Trask and Pitts a bunch of scores, break LSU’s will, and then let Pitts sit after the half if you’re that worried about him. Mullen is a great offensive mind and can coach up a QB, but he still outsmarts himself on occasion. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Devonta Smith should win the Heisman. Trask has been good, but he's not game-changing. Smith has 17 total tds 

Trask is putting up massive numbers without a stable of NFL receivers that are running away from people after the catch.  Pitts is a freak but he has missed almost 3 games worth of time and Trask is still productive.

6 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

They’ve looked impressive when I’ve seen them this year. They shouldn’t be struggling against this lsu team. This team as it is now wouldn’t even be 3-5. 

Agreed, Mullen made some pretty shitty choices that gave LSU some life.  How do you not take advantage of a depleted secondary?

5 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Trask is putting up massive numbers without a stable of NFL receivers that are running away from people after the catch.  Pitts is a freak but he has missed almost 3 games worth of time and Trask is still productive.

I think Trask should definitely be invited, but he is/was struggling against a very poor LSU team. Smith hasn't missed a beat. 

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

Why didn't ogre play the qb who can complete a forward pass against aggy?

He did. He tried out both of them. It was a rainy mess and both offenses played like shit in that game... A&M's played just slightly less shitty (minus Mond, he played his usual shitty self).

4 minutes ago, David Wooderson said:

Is Florida in regardless of this outcome? 

Yes.  Clinched the east last week. Losing tonight would tie us with Georgia, but we had, the head to head tiebreaker. Mullen seemed to think that LSU would roll over I guess. 

1 hour ago, PHLaggie said:

How many left-handed QBs are there? Feels weird watching Max Johnson throw.

And why does it always look like Florida's WRs and RBs are running away from all LSU defenders, and their WRs get lot of YAC almost every time; may be a function of the short slant passing game? Either way, I know LSU has two INTs but that D looks overmatched.

Steve Young

1 minute ago, PHLaggie said:

He did. He tried out both of them. It was a rainy mess and both offenses played like shit in that game... A&M's played just slightly less shitty (minus Mond, he played his usual shitty self).

Huh, I looked at the stats and Johnson played more than I realized.  Must have been while I was flipping around to other games.  Finley still played entirely too much though.  Johnson was 14/22 and Finley was 9/25.