Swamp aggy vs Gata

Spider2YBanana

6 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

But SEC, tho...

exactly.

does Clemson get in even if it loses to ND twice? if they don't get in, then A&M backs in. and then gets its shit pushed in by Bama.  i'd rather not have that kind of play off game, but maybe I'll change my mind and still take it as a play off entrance.

Jim Mora Playoffs - Sports Chump

Just now, PHLaggie said:

exactly.

does Clemson get in even if it loses to ND twice? if they don't get in, then A&M backs in. and then gets its shit pushed in by Bama.  i'd rather not have that kind of play off game, but maybe I'll change my mind and still take it as a play off entrance.

Jim Mora Playoffs - Sports Chump

Well, if that happens you'll know how ou fans feel lol

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

If I’m Mullen I’m benching Wilson for rest of season. You have no shot at beating bama with or without him. Given the circumstances and nature of the transgression that was the stupidest penalty I’ve ever seen in a competitive event.

At least he hasn't murdered anybody yet*

*that we know of

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

Hey guys. I'm fucked up on ranch water and mcribs. What happened today. I don't have time to moderate...I mean read the last 3 pages. 

Florida stopped them and were going to get the ball back and db threw the receivers shoe across the field in celebration. 15 yards and they eventually made 57 yard game winner. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Fair.  As dumb as the Wilson play was, Mullen deserves the blame for sitting Pitts and juggling the O-line in an effort to get better running numbers. The team was clearly looking ahead to the Bama game. That’s on the coaches for not keeping them focused. Sitting Pitts just amplifies the mindset that the LSU game isn’t a priority. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't understand the reasoning of how Florida would jump A&M and get into the play-offs, if SEC does get two teams in. The selection committee could have made the change the last two weeks if they thought that's the direction they would go. Moot point now, regardless, since they don't be asked to make that decision.

FWIW, ESPN's odds of making play offs had A&M ahead of Florida and Cinci.

4 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I missed that.  Did he really sit players to save them for next week?

Pitts participated in warmups and wasn’t allowed to play, no injuries that anyone has reported on. He didn’t sit anyone else that I know of, but he shuffled the O line around trying to find more balance. Trask had guys in his face most of the night as a result with a 4 man rush. 

Just now, Dr. Teeth said:

I have a feeling the SEC won’t let A&M play again now. Not like A&M wouldn’t try to cancel it themselves. 

Why? I think A&M would have wanted to play both Ole Miss and Tenn game. Ole Miss is done, but Tenn could still happen... one more game for A&M and one fewer for OSU (not that that matters as much, apparently).

IMO, the only way A&M even backs into the playoffs is if ND beats Clemson. So far, the committee has only let two teams from one conference into the playoffs and that conference is SEC, so that works in A&M's favor. If Clemson beats ND next week, that ends it and it'll be Bama, ND, Clemson and OSU*.  There's no way the committee will pick teams from two teams each from ACC and SEC, that's not a good look.  So there'll be B1G rep...most likely OSU.

*expecting OSU to win against Northwestern.

This season hopefully is the last time we have a 4-team playoff.

I'd much rather get to see Coastal Carolina Chanticleers and Cinci Bearcats get the opportunity... make it more like the Big Dance, where you don't have to be a blue blood, you can have a dream season and get in the playoff Top 8, and show what you're made of.

• Hook 'Em 1