Tennessee beats aggy!

msucolt45

aggy hired a championship coach who has built one of the best OLs in college football. Now they are going to make the playoff in year 3 of Jimbo’s reign. Looks like those yokels knew what they were doing in locking up a sure thing of a coach. In hindsight, a 10 year $75 million coaching contract for a proven coach was the right move to make.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Macklemore said:

aggy hired a championship coach who has built one of the best OLs in college football. Now they are going to make the playoff in year 3 of Jimmie. Looks like those yokels knew what they were doing in locking up a sure thing of a coach.

meanwhile we are worried about optics and our own band doesn't show up to games. GOOD TIMES

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clapclapclap said:

Let's not get carried away.

China Flu let the dumbAgs avoid half of the rollercoaster.

They will have a playoff appearance to point to for this year and will add to the recruiting momentum they have. They’re in the best, most high profile conference that players in Texas want to go to and will have an actual achievement to point to build on their success. Oh, I forgot to add, their facilities are far superior to ours as well.

So tying northwestern will get them into the playoffs?aggy will leap over them with the controversy & the lack of games they played.

Guess I should have said 5, but yes I believe an undefeated Ohio State is in the playoff, regardless of margin of victory today. I certainly don’t think a win at Tennessee is enough to catapult aggy above an undefeated Ohio State.
A Buckeye loss, then yes I agree that’s bad news.

time of possession over 3 to 1?  I don't believe I have ever seen that before, at least with two teams that are only separated by 18 points.  Say what you want about COVID, SEC, etc., this aggy team is relatively legit.  Even after throwing an int today, Mond has only thrown 3 ints all year?  Aggy is headed to semis, I think.  

I don't think Aggy has any success in playoffs, but this should keep the fire going on CDC and company. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Lance just gets hard-ons for good OLs due to his Dad. He is married to a die hard Longhorn, IIRC.

This is 100% accurate. We have had shitty line play for over a decade. That’s why he doesn’t carry our water as a program. Same reason why he shits on the Texans for our crappy OL play and coaching

Edited by Macklemore

2 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

tOSU wins they are in

You think so? I hope you’re right but Ohio state isn’t exactly leaving a good impression right before they make their selections. And you know how badly everyone dick rides the SEC, so I could see a scenario where they’re just itching to get another team in. If it wasn’t Ohio state or another blue blood, I could see where they would jump them. 

As the thread OP - I was wrong! I had hopes that the Vols would “show up” for their last game at home. I also see why they are about to be 3-7.

I was also counting on aggy doing aggy things! Maybe if they would’ve already been the #4 seed headed into today, they would’ve crapped the bed? We’ll never know, but with the way OSU is playing Northwestern it might be a moot point.

aggy making the playoff might light a fire under CDC to get something done this week!

You think so? I hope you’re right but Ohio state isn’t exactly leaving a good impression right before they make their selections. And you know how badly everyone dick rides the SEC, so I could see a scenario where they’re just itching to get another team in. If it wasn’t Ohio state or another blue blood, I could see where they would jump them. 

As much as the committee loves the SEC, they will not want all 4 teams to come from SEC and ACC. Especially if there’s an undefeated blue blood who was down 20+ players and still beat a top 15 team for a conference title.