Tennessee beats aggy!

msucolt45

And the weekend after that was the last weekend that Tennessee was nationally relevant, when they lost to an underdog LSU team coached by Nick Saban in the SEC Championship Game, blowing their shot at Miami in the BCS Title Game. 
Not sure if anybody wanted a part of that Miami team. 30 something players got drafted and 15ish were 1st rounders.

They crushed nebraska.

11 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Not sure if anybody wanted a part of that Miami team. 30 something players got drafted and 15ish were 1st rounders.

They crushed nebraska.

Agreed, but they haven’t won the conference since, and that game is largely recognized as the beginning of the long slow decline of the program. 

16 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Why not? They have nothing to lose and playing “loose” at home. Plus aggy usually aggy’s a game here and there. Tomorrow is “there”!

Cream Sickle Orange wins! The other ut!

I saw this and thought this was one of those weirdly scheduled Covid 2020 games and was already in the books.  I was ready to celebrate. Damn you.

Sadly, I just don't see it. Tennessee is worthless this year.

My realistic hope is that, after aggy wins and believes they have a shot, they then watch Clemson beat nd on a last second field goal and realize they're not headed for the playoffs bc the only good team they played this season handed them an epic beatdown.

Just now, Bill Lumbergh said:

Sadly, I just don't see it. Tennessee is worthless this year.

My realistic hope is that, after aggy wins and believes they have a shot, they then watch Clemson beat nd on a last second field goal and realize they're not headed for the playoffs bc the only good team they played this season handed them an epic beatdown.

Also feel like mentally A&M knows they're playing with house money. They don't really have anything at stake, they'll play loose. If they were already fourth in the rankings, if they were playing to protect something as opposed to just hoping it will work out, they might feel the pressure. 

They should win easily, around 30-17, not as close as the score looks. 

15 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

those were better times.

i was just thinking about it earlier today, to be honest.  how i used to care so much about Texas football, and the pain it caused when we lost games that cost us a chance at a national title.

and now, i just don't give a shit.  i'd be happy if we got rid of our current underachieving coach so maybe, just maybe, we could sniff a conference title.

so i look back at December 1, 2001, to remind myself of what it was once like.

"Sometimes it still hurts. You know how it is, man. It's like, you wake up every day and it hurts a little bit less, and then you wake up one day and it doesn't hurt at all. And the funny thing is, is that, this is kinda wierd, but it's like, it's like you almost miss that pain."

Perfectly put.

Exactly where I am.

A loss used to crush my soul.  Now it's just a minor annoyance/distraction in  a week full of lots of other better things to do.

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

the only good team they played this season handed them an epic beatdown.

This x100.  They barely beat UF at home, the same UF that lost to horseshit LSU.  

They ducked Ole Miss.  I really wanted to see Joey Freshwater hang half a hundred on the "vaunted" aggy defense.  

Just now, Dr. Teeth said:

TN DC is picking the dumbest, most aggressive play call each time against a boring team that is allowed to hold. They have no chance. They also believe that A&M doesn’t go to the RB at all, which means they haven’t watched one minute of tape. 

TN DC isn’t at the game. Got the ‘Rona

2 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

TN DC is picking the dumbest, most aggressive play call each time against a boring team that is allowed to hold. They have no chance. They also believe that A&M doesn’t go to the RB at all, which means they haven’t watched one minute of tape. 

And they are doing strange things with the A&M motion. A&M motioning the RB out wide shifted them into a corner blitz with no one on the RB?

8 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Not gonna talk shit about the aggys this season.  Texas was set up to have a similar type of season, but screwed that up.  Aggu isn't blowing people out of the water and got blown out by bama, but they are winning the games against teams they should beat, simple as that.  

yep. OSU struggling aggy might jump them

28 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Not gonna talk shit about the aggys this season.  Texas was set up to have a similar type of season, but screwed that up.  Aggu isn't blowing people out of the water and got blown out by bama, but they are winning the games against teams they should beat, simple as that.  

what we wouldn't give for a 7-1 record, #5 ranking with the only loss being to the best team in the world?

Funny though how aggy loves Mond now, but was trying to run him off this summer.