Pac 12 Championship: Oregon at USC on Fox

SDG

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Because if USC had've won it would have been so relevant...

It wasn’t going to happen but I was sick of hearing talking heads say “I don’t know, you’d have to consider an undefeated pac 12 champion for this playoff”. With 6 wins...

Edited by youdunnf'dup

2 minutes ago, millhouse said:

But a big10 champ with 6 wins is different?

If it’s Ohio state, sure. They’re the only team in my lifetime that I’ve never seen have a down year. Or at least I can’t remember one. And they have a qb who’s going to be a top 3 pick. If the committee felt like they were one of the 4 best teams on reputation alone, I wouldn’t argue with them. What, you wanna put in Aggy or something?

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

It wasn’t going to happen but I was sick of hearing talking heads say “I don’t know, you’d have to consider an undefeated pac 12 champion for this playoff”. With 6 wins...

1 hour ago, millhouse said:

But a big10 champ with 6 wins is different?

It's not about only having 6 wins (which they don't, anyway, they're 5-1 now) it's about what they've put on tape in those games for the CFP to look at. There isn't a lot of interconference play (if any) to go off of to determine the B10's standing vs the P12's but Indiana has certainly looked better than most, if not all, of the P12 and tOSU has done nothing but hand out ass-whippings outside of that game. Meanwhile, USC was beyond lucky to be 5-0 and iirc didn't win any of those games that convincingly and should have lost a couple of them. Like REALLY should have lost them - not "could" have lost them. youdun has the right stance on the issue just didn't phrase it particularly well.

Edited by ztejas

26 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I hope Bru is enjoying playing for a mediocre blue blood that is struggling to get back on top even within their own conference.

Wait...

What makes it even funnier is they’re the main football school in what is by far the best state for recruiting in that conference. They have no excuse. What an idiot. 

wait a minute...

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

It's not about only having 6 wins (which they don't, anyway, they're 5-1 now) it's about what they've put on tape in those games for the CFP to look at. There isn't a lot of interconference play (if any) to go off of to determine the B10's standing vs the P12's but Indiana has certainly looked better than most, if not all, of the P12 and tOSU has done nothing but hand out ass-whippings outside of that game. Meanwhile, USC was beyond lucky to be 5-0 and iirc didn't win any of those games that convincingly and should have lost a couple of them. Like REALLY should have lost them - not "could" have lost them. youdun has the right stance on the issue just didn't phrase it particularly well.

The committee and their reasoning have been a joke every since the first year of this. They can literally make up shit and rationalize it however they want. It's the most subjective bullshit ever. Cincy dropping in the poll when they didn't play because of another teams covid issues and Florida losing to LSU yet only drops 1 spot? GTFO.

Crank this shit to 8 teams.

All 5 power 5 champions

Highest ranked g5 conference champion

2 at large bids.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

If it’s Ohio state, sure. They’re the only team in my lifetime that I’ve never seen have a down year. Or at least I can’t remember one. And they have a qb who’s going to be a top 3 pick. If the committee felt like they were one of the 4 best teams on reputation alone, I wouldn’t argue with them. What, you wanna put in Aggy or something?

It's uncommon, but they do.

2011 they were 6-7, 2004 they were 8-4, and 1999-2001 they didn't crack 8 wins.

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

I hope Bru is enjoying playing for a mediocre blue blood that is struggling to get back on top even within their own conference.

Wait...

6 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

What makes it even funnier is they’re the main football school in what is by far the best state for recruiting in that conference. They have no excuse. What an idiot. 

wait a minute...

spacer.png

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

It's uncommon, but they do.

2011 they were 6-7, 2004 they were 8-4, and 1999-2001 they didn't crack 8 wins.

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

2011, and the 6-6 regular season, by the way, was Luke Fickell's interim year as HC. Urban came in and took a substantially identical team to 12-0 - woulda been better but on probation for Tressel lying about being aware of tattoogate, so no B1G title, no bowl.

I gotcha. My main point is in my lifetime they’ve been a contender more consistently than any other team in college football. Or at least that’s what it seems like. Them and OU....

***ducks for cover***