2018 San Antonio Spurs Offseason Thread -- Into the Great Unknown

Patrick Bateman

5 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Meh, they got to have 7 of the conference  finals.  There will be years soon where we would all kill for a chance at the spurs being in that position. 

I stand by my statement.

Gotta love Rockets fans running smack after being irrelevant for two decades and getting their asses kicked in the Western conference finals by the Spurs a year ago. At least y'all can claim you made it there two consecutive seasons....right? Too bad y'all ended up losers.

Edited by Chad

I don't know that he ever had an official capacity with the Spurs. I think they just took him in after the tragic death of his wife and said, come here and heal and do whatever the hell you want. Which he did, including allegedly getting remarried to a Spurs staffer under the radar about 6 months after his wife died. 

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I feel weirdly optimistic about the Kawhi situation now.  Woke up a couple of weeks ago and just felt it’s going to work out.  Hope my sentiments aren’t misplaced.

I've felt the same. I figured if we could get LA straightened out, the Kawhi thing would too. As long a Pop is in SA, I will have this feeling. I also weirdly feel like there is a chance Lebron winds up playing for Pop. That would be delicious!

44 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Meh, he's  a good rotation player.  If he's cheap keep him.  Will be interesting to see if another team makes  any better offer.  Teams have been really stupid in the past signing spurs players.   

He's a solid rotational player in the regular season but he's hard to trust in the playoffs because of his defensive issues.  Because we have so many other defensive liabilities it gets hard to matchup with the Warriors or Rockets of the world.  He's 25 and going into his prime so maybe he has a big jump next season.  I don't hate him or anything but he's a poor shooter (72% from line is not good enough for a guy like this) and not a great defender so he needs to be a very good initiator or playmaker on offense and he's not that, at least yet.  Again, don't hate him..... he's just not really going to help us much vs elite teams.  4.7 million isn't much so if he comes back.... okay.  If he gets signed away..... okay.  

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

I've felt the same. I figured if we could get LA straightened out, the Kawhi thing would too. As long a Pop is in SA, I will have this feeling. I also weirdly feel like there is a chance Lebron winds up playing for Pop. That would be delicious!

Lebron and Pop together?  I don't think the city of SA will be able to handle that level of wokeness.

• Haha 1