Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

38 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I'm really curious what this one cost and how much is left over. 

Lol y’all are some silly bitches

36 minutes ago, D3zii said:

This Belongs here. . 

IMG_2463.thumb.png.bd97d3bb2a7457eca47003bc67bdb91d.png

No it doesn’t. Tarik is a dork and I hope he reads this

8 minutes ago, MisterP said:

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 3.16.23 PM.png

If it isn’t a picture of you licking gochujang off an Asian chicks ass we don’t need to see it

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

How do you think this is helpful? Not being a jerk, just asking y'all to keep your shit together and use common sense.

In any event, I know for a fact that nothing ever happens with Texas until a player is enrolled and can provide value for their name, image and likeness. 

I have already told you guys what the priorities are and nothing has changed, nor have expectations. Nothing this week was out of scope in assumptions being made from the Texas end.

Seems like LSU might have just been fucking around, and now they've found out. Their whining and pouting, as referenced here but also offline, is schadenfreude. I have always told the fucking SEC cheaters and their ilk that there would be a reckoning some day if Texas ever decided it had a payroll to meet. That reckoning is here.

The days of just watching badasses head to shitty schools out of state because those schools were doing illegal shit are over. Every whine from Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, LSU, etc., is an admission of their own flaccid ability to compete in a new era in which the scales are no longer tilted solely in their favor.

"Oh the game done changed. Make it stop. We need an intervention!"

The game is the same. It just got more fierce. 

But daddy Saban is mad….we need to appeal nil at the Supreme Court level immediately. Fuck every other school, we are here

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No. I literally said I had no idea where he was going and didn’t have special knowledge but it was trending LSU’s direction and people were right to be worried as at one point in time he was a silent here and then he wasn’t. 
People here have told you that we sweetened our offer in the past day- and we were having that discussion like 5 days ago. 

hmmm

That's not really true.  That IT article was pretty much step 1 in a 4 or 5 step process that ends with the commit going somewhere else, and CTJ chimed in again sort of as well.  This isn't happening.  Which sucks, b/c he was a silent after his visit.

I promise i'm not stalking you. It just stuck with me as you're normally not so rube-ish.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

This is a huge commitment for a number of reasons, including that going forward LSU knows that they aren't going to win recruitments in Texas that Texas is all-in on.

They can get fucked all the way back to Harvey Williams thru Kary Vincent's bullshit and Ben Wilkerson and K'Lavon Chaisson and Jamal Adams and Harold Perkins and on and on and on. Get the fuck out of Texas and feel free to look east to Georgia and Florida to fill out your roster.

Creepy Brian Kelly GIF - Creepy Brian Kelly - Discover ...

My only regret is that I have but one rep to give.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Foosters said:

hmmm

I promise i'm not stalking you. It just stuck with me as you're normally not so rube-ish.

That is in real time what was happening 5 or 6 days ago. I said I had no inside information other than things had turned in a way that wasn't positive.  The recruit said he made up his mind Wednesday.  You heard from people here that would know saying that we had to sweeten the pot, and the larger context of the whole thing was people were upset, others were saying relax there was no reason to be upset, and I was saying- yeah- there is a reason to be upset this is trending against us (as opposed to where we were in the end of June, when it was pretty much an open secret he was a silent). That was the context of what was being talked about.  

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

If reports are to be believed, he wasn't wrong.

Thanks.  And again, i followed up right after that saying I didn't have inside information on where he was going, but that this is the 5 step process that the 9.95 crowd uses to let readers down gently or signal there is a change in what's going on. 

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Natalie Portman Officially Replaces Chris Hemsworth as "Mighty Thor" in  Huge Update - Inside the Magic

Wrong. I'm a bunch of things- some good and some bad, but rube isn't on the fucking list. 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm about to neg your fucking ass for repeatedly posting pics about hot south asian women, and only posting pics of bulding exteriors and your fucking lunch. No one is downloading your janky fucking movie onto their hard drive. 

How is this for you you old horny mother fucker! Didnt even have to use the calculator....she's white!

image.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

This is a huge commitment for a number of reasons, including that going forward LSU knows that they aren't going to win recruitments in Texas that Texas is all-in on.

They can get fucked all the way back to Harvey Williams thru Kary Vincent's bullshit and Ben Wilkerson and K'Lavon Chaisson and Jamal Adams and Harold Perkins and on and on and on. Get the fuck out of Texas and feel free to look east to Georgia and Florida to fill out your roster.

Praising John Goodman GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I am interested, given how insistent (and I do believe it to be true) we are on being legal and by the book, how we "sweetened" the offer the last few days. If this is verboten, then just neg me and I'll move on. I give $10 a month to the One Fund and Burnt Ends from out here in VA. Wish I could give more. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Simple. IRS has rules, NCAA has rules, UT has rules, OneFund has rules…we have never ever broken a single one of any of them. That’s the whole deal, It’s too easy to do it legally. That’s why it works for us and not for others

Known cheaters have a hard time not doing what has worked for them in the past........cheating. It's no coincidence that Nick Satan is crying the loudest about NIL.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Not sure I buy all the story about the decision making.

1) Do I believe he gave a silent in June? Yes.  3 weeks later we had Fong waffling on his LSU pick.  He was reported to be recruiting for us.  The 9.95ers were losing their mind about "good news".

2)  Do I believe he gave LSU a silent?  No.  I believe he had a whale of a time on his visit.  I believe Frank Wilson is a crafty vet of recruiting. I believe they got some really good vibes from the Simmons camp.  But I don't believe he gave them a silent.  I believe he was telling them what they wanted to hear but when he got back to Duncanville and came off that post visit high, reality set in.  The number one reason I don't buy it?  Texas 9.95ers never wavered.  If he had silented to LSU one of them would have heard something. It would have gotten out.

1) NIL-Everyone knows it was a priority for him.

2) His brother and proximity to family.  You could tell from the video how much his brother means to him.  

3)  Colin is smart.  He knew how to drum up interest and he knows how to tell a narrative on his recruiting, but I fully believe this wasn't as in doubt for him as he makes it sound.

4) Brian Kelley is apparently the LSU version of Tom Herman.

Did he play the game for more NIL stuff?  Sure.  But that's just taking care of family and good business.  It doesn't mean he actually was seriously going to LSU.  

9.95ers have been falling all over themselves to say it was Texas without saying it was Texas for 24 hours.  The Miami idiocy getting repeated over and over...heck the stupid article about his mom wanting Jason Taylor to coach her son when it started sounding to much like a forgone conclusion he was going to Texas was the most obvious smoke screen in history.

But this is just me reading all the tea leaves.  I know absolutely jack squat....so who knows maybe he did decide last night. But it doesn't fit with how deliberate he has been about all this.

I think you nailed everything except for the part where you said the texas writers never backed off.  Nahlin said his percentage was too high.  Ears to the ground said he had to put his ear back to the ground. It wasn't until about 48 hours that this thing started to break back toward us.  Lots of times the "momentum is with such and such" is unmitigated bullshit but I don't think anyone in the Texas camp was as confident on August 1 as they were on June 26, for example.  
Really glad we won this one.  This program is in really great shape- and we owe a debt of gratitude to some people around here who rolled up their sleeves and made it happen, as well as some other guys like Bobby and the like.  

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm happy right now, motherfucker. 

me too

Season 5 Hug GIF by The Office

Roach?

2 minutes ago, Chooky said:

My sources are telling me Texas is in a much stronger position with Colin Simmons after today. This one is going to the wire. We'll continue to monitor the situation as it develops. 

13 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

1) Do I believe he gave a silent in June? Yes.  3 weeks later we had Fong waffling on his LSU pick.  He was reported to be recruiting for us.  The 9.95ers were losing their mind about "good news".

2)  Do I believe he gave LSU a silent?  No.  I believe he had a whale of a time on his visit.  I believe Frank Wilson is a crafty vet of recruiting. I believe they got some really good vibes from the Simmons camp.  But I don't believe he gave them a silent.  I believe he was telling them what they wanted to hear but when he got back to Duncanville and came off that post visit high, reality set in.  The number one reason I don't buy it?  Texas 9.95ers never wavered.  If he had silented to LSU one of them would have heard something. It would have gotten out.

2) His brother and proximity to family.  You could tell from the video how much his brother means to him.  

3)  Colin is smart.  He knew how to drum up interest and he knows how to tell a narrative on his recruiting, but I fully believe this wasn't as in doubt for him as he makes it sound.

Did he play the game for more NIL stuff?  Sure.  But that's just taking care of family and good business.  It doesn't mean he actually was seriously going to LSU.  

9.95ers have been falling all over themselves to say it was Texas without saying it was Texas for 24 hours.  The Miami idiocy getting repeated over and over...heck the stupid article about his mom wanting Jason Taylor to coach her son when it started sounding to much like a forgone conclusion he was going to Texas was the most obvious smoke screen in history.

But this is just me reading all the tea leaves.  I know absolutely jack squat....so who knows maybe he did decide last night. But it doesn't fit with how deliberate he has been about all this.

It was always going to come down to money. Everything else helps, but money is the 500 lb gorilla. 

21df1558-fdfd-4f5d-9dfe-039ff03d796a_tex

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Not only that, we are going to take a lot of their top recruits if we want.  Manning, Derek Williams.... and soon McKinley and Mack.  All these schools that have been dropping small bags can fuck off.  

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, MisterP said:

How is this for you you old horny mother fucker! Didnt even have to use the calculator....she's white!

image.png

24 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Now I should neg you for false advertising. 

12 minutes ago, MisterP said:

I would ask you if you are ever happy but after seeing many posts it only sounds like you are when CTj is cuddling you as big spoon. 😃 NTTIAWWT!

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm happy right now, motherfucker. 

4 minutes ago, MisterP said:

me too

Season 5 Hug GIF by The Office

Roach?

Get a room. Or a closet. Or the backseat of a Prius with dirty Mike and the boys. But please stop smearing your love affair all over this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I think you nailed everything except for the part where you said the texas writers never backed off.  Nahlin said his percentage was too high.  Ears to the ground said he had to put his ear back to the ground. It wasn't until about 48 hours that this thing started to break back toward us.  Lots of times the "momentum is with such and such" is unmitigated bullshit but I don't think anyone in the Texas camp was as confident on August 1 as they were on June 26, for example.  
Really glad we won this one.  This program is in really great shape- and we owe a debt of gratitude to some people around here who rolled up their sleeves and made it happen, as well as some other guys like Bobby and the like.  

I never said Texas was confident.  I said Colin knew how this was going to go.  Now was it a foregone conclusion we weren't gonna step on our own dick ala Herman alienating people or something going sideways with NIL expectations?  No.

As for waffling on bad news?  Nahling never got antagonistic like he did with Gipson or Gibson or however you say his name.  That's Nahling waffling.  Roach?  The guy is the very definition of deliberate and methodical.  Currently though he might be a better bet then Fong though.  Gerry and Bobby never waivered.

My point though was barring a Tom Herman esque screwup, Simmons knew where he was going long before last night.

20 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

You might be right about him not giving LSU a silent commitment but Bobby said he did and I think Gerry agreed 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

I wonder what recruits his commitment open up for us? Is there someone we thought we weren't going to get that comes back into the fold? 

Are you fucking dumb? 22k posts and you cant figure out that McKinnely, Black, Wingo, Baker, and every 5 star were on for arent going to notice this and say OK. We have a pretty mediocre class and this gets the attention. Momentum is a thing. You FUCK.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls