2021 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

9 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yeah, but seeing guys like Henry, Cook, Kamara, and even Edwards-Helaire I figured would have at least one taken. I guess rd 2 is when we see it happen. Etienne before Harris, I think. 

9 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

RB as the years go by, is becoming less and less valuable to front offices. They see them as extremely replaceable. 

This and the guys like Etienne, Edwards-Helaire, and Cook I think will become your prototypical first round backs. Guys that can run but are amazing out of the backfield in the passing game. While guys like Henry and etc get taken in the 2nd to 3rd round and if they work out hell yeah for your team.

8 hours ago, Machinator said:

lmao at the Packers.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They can get a solid prospect, or they could have drafted Sewell. 

If Sewell is the generational prospect people were saying he was a year ago, then this might be a big blunder. It doesn't seem like this is the consensus on him right now.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

If Sewell is the generational prospect people were saying he was a year ago, then this might be a big blunder. It doesn't seem like this is the consensus on him right now.

My point is Burrow before he got his ACL torn he was on pace to be the most sacked QB in the league. His ACL was torn because of pressure that got to him. Taking a WR there instead of Sewell when this is a loaded WR class is dumb.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

And I'm saying it's a loaded OL class as well. Is Sewell + top-40 WR better than Chase + top-40 OL? Perhaps, but it's not as obvious as the dumb social media memes are making it out to be.

It's pretty obvious and even Mel Kiper said had Sewell not opted out he'd be on a Orlando Pace/Johnathan Ogden trajectory. 

Same for the Falcons for taking Pitts when Matt Ryan has been the 5th(2020) and 3rd(2019) most sacked QB in the league.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

And I'm saying it's a loaded OL class as well. Is Sewell + top-40 WR better than Chase + top-40 OL? Perhaps, but it's not as obvious as the dumb social media memes are making it out to be.

Eh, the Bengals have Boyd and Higgins already and didn't necessarily need the best WR in the draft. I think Sewell and Rondale/Marshall are probably better for Cincy than Chase and Jenkins or some similar combination. 

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This and the guys like Etienne, Edwards-Helaire, and Cook I think will become your prototypical first round backs. Guys that can run but are amazing out of the backfield in the passing game. While guys like Henry and etc get taken in the 2nd to 3rd round and if they work out hell yeah for your team.

lmao at the Packers.

What’s funny about who the Packers drafted? No pick last night was swaying Aaron one way or another. Did you watch the NFC Championship game? Kevin King got burned over and over again. They need to build the best roster and the secondary is a weakness.

The Packers had the number one offense in football last year.

2 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Eh, the Bengals have Boyd and Higgins already and didn't necessarily need the best WR in the draft. I think Sewell and Rondale/Marshall are probably better for Cincy than Chase and Jenkins or some similar combination. 

Not sure either Higgins is a true number 1 WR (Boyd definitely) isn't, but that's a reasonable position. I just don't see it as a one-sided argument.

All that said, if I were the GM I would have taken Sewell just because you're less likely to lose your job with the "safe" pick.

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

Unless the Broncos plan on trading for Aaron Rodgers, passing on a QB in favor of a DB is insane.

If Fields and/or Jones end up being a top-10 QB, there are a lot of franchises that will look real dumb for not taking advantage of the opportunity that fell into their lap.

2 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Unless the Broncos plan on trading for Aaron Rodgers, passing on a QB in favor of a DB is insane.

Unless you think the CB is a stud, and have concerns that the QB might be a bust.

The Stanford QB or Florida QB might decent picks in the 3rd or 4th Rds

12 minutes ago, Machinator said:

If Fields and/or Jones end up being a top-10 QB, there are a lot of franchises that will look real dumb for not taking advantage of the opportunity that fell into their lap.

I’m not sold on Jones at all. That guy has system QB written all over him. I have no idea what to think of Fields. The opinions on him ranged from trading extra first round picks to get him to he could fall in the draft as a late first or even early second round pick. 

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

I’m not sold on Jones at all. That guy has system QB written all over him. I have no idea what to think of Fields. The opinions on him ranged from trading extra first round picks to get him to he could fall in the draft as a late first or even early second round pick. 

Well lucky for Jones he went to a team with a system. 

Will Fields be like every other Ohio State quarterback? We will see.

25 minutes ago, Eggo said:

That article is a decade old, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the trends largely held up.

LBs, interior OL, and safeties all trend well in a 1st round boom/bust analysis. RBs, QBs, WRs, and DL are all bad ideas. CBs, TEs and OTs are a mixed bag. 

Unsurprisingly in watching last night, I found myself raising my eyebrows at numerous DL, WR and QB picks. Frankly, it looked like a lot of reaching going on at CB too. I expect both DEs from Miami to be laughable failures. Not one of Smith, Chase, Waddle or the Florida dude is physically elite. The gap between any of them and guys still on the board isn’t dramatic, but hey, Heismans, national titles and SEC, so hooray. 

9 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I don't see any cause for alarm.  The Big East lasted, what, a good six years after this before throwing in the towel on football altogether??

Baghdad Bob | Adventures in Project Management

Edited by Tom
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'm betting it was Micah Parsons' agent that came up with the idea to push the "I'm so glad I wasn't aborted" storyline to his hometown paper.  It seemed to have worked as intended, with NickelAuerbach plus the usual WOKESPN clowns throwing a hissy fit and obsessing over that, sucking a lot of air out of attempts to document his immaturity and character issues.  The article mostly tiptoed around those, and the controversy led to it being the only bio many would read about him:

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/2021/04/moms-biggest-blessing.html

Spared from abortion, Micah Parsons is a 1st-round NFL draft pick, headed to the Dallas Cowboys.

Updated on Apr 29, 2021; Published on Apr 20, 2021

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sports-writer-mortified-spared-abortion-college-football

Edited by clapclapclap

2 hours ago, Eggo said:

Not saying it's correct in this case, but one could argue that having a Kyle Pitts or Jamarr Chase on the field allows you to get the ball out faster and take less sacks.

People who resort to the resolution level of “meme” on a subject are not going to consider the nuance of stuff like the QB decision making or available receivers in a discussion about sacks. They would simply reduce the discussion to “the line sucks” when seeing a sack total. Never mind that QBs usually are sacked less as they gain more experience which isn’t correlated to the level of their line play. 

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

People who resort to the resolution level of “meme” on a subject are not going to consider the nuance of stuff like the QB decision making or available receivers in a discussion about sacks. They would simply reduce the discussion to “the line sucks” when seeing a sack total. Never mind that QBs usually are sacked less as they gain more experience which isn’t correlated to the level of their line play. 

image.png.5c720b0021c035f1e1bed0294f21f4e9.png

Outside of Jones all of those quarterbacks have ample experience but dog shit lines.

Cincinatti's line gave up a total of 48 sacks

Edited by BurntOrange&White

PFF 10 worst lines in 2020 Final Rankings:

32 - Los Angeles Chargers(Dead Last)

31 - NY Giants

30 - Cincinnati Bengals

29 - New York jets

28 - Miami Dolphins

27 - Dallas Cowboys

26 - Minnesota Vikings

25 - Denver Broncos

24 - Las Vegas Raiders

23 - Houston Texans

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

I'm betting it was Micah Parsons' agent that came up with the idea to push the "I'm so glad I wasn't aborted" storyline to his hometown paper.  It seemed to have worked as intended, with NickelAuerbach plus the usual WOKESPN clowns throwing a hissy fit and obsessing over that, sucking a lot of air out of attempts to document his immaturity and character issues.  The article mostly tiptoed around those, and the controversy led to it being the only bio many would read about him:

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/2021/04/moms-biggest-blessing.html

Spared from abortion, Micah Parsons is a 1st-round NFL draft pick, headed to the Dallas Cowboys.

Updated on Apr 29, 2021; Published on Apr 20, 2021

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sports-writer-mortified-spared-abortion-college-football

I hate State Penn more than 99.999999999% of the population but, I can see it as a good thing for Micah Parsons, and his mom, that he was not aborted.

I'm not sure why that is an issue. And what does Golic mean in his Tweet? Is he against the headline? Or, does he wish Parsons was aborted? 

That said, good for him getting out of Harrisburg, one of the most disgustingly horribly run state capitals you will ever see.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Leatherwood the final straw in Las Vegas?

(11:25 AM) Word in league circles is a major shake-up in the Las Vegas Raiders’ front office will be coming soon after the draft and significant heads are expected to roll. The pick of Alex Leatherwood in the middle of Round 1 last night, a player they could have traded down and selected, is opening a lot of wounds and seems to be the final straw. Additionally, I’m also hearing about a lot of friction between major players in their front office.

This follows the selection of Damon Arnette in the middle of Round 1 in 2020 — a player I reported earlier this week has one foot out the door — and the surprise selection of Clelin Ferrell with the fourth pick of the 2019 NFL Draft. Last night follows the trend of players the Raiders select much earlier than their grades warranted. 

12 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

The glass half full perspective on this is that the Big 12 really couldn't have done worse.  I'm not a sunshine pumper, but the other perspective is that the 2006 Big East is probably really embarrassed right now.  Ha!  Face! 

It took fifteen years for someone to suck that hard.  If someone sucks harder than us in less than fifteen years we win this thing.  The Big East in 2006 will be so owned by us.  I'm very optimistic about our prospects here.