Say something good about the Trump presidency. I’m serious.

65 outrageous lies by obama. Also known as “a slow WEEK for Trump.”

I criticized obama plenty back in the day. I even voted against him. I thought his ineptitude mattered. Guys like you said the same. Then, we elected Trump, and you no longer give a shit about those things, even when they’re turned up to 11. You have no fucking credibility. None.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, In10se said:

No shit. In Obama's first 100 days he inherited a neocon made shit storm of economic ruin, a major pay off to keep crooked banks for collapsing after they caused the crisis, and his leadership and policies managed to get the crisis to level off enough to start an economic turn around. 

In Trump's first 100 days he did nothing but sabotage healthcare, lie constantly, play golf at his own resort every weekend putting millions in tax payer money into his own pocket, threated nuclear war with NK, and oh that little matter of obstructing the criminal investigation of his homey (and maybe himself) by firing the FBI director after said director refused to conspire with Trump to sweep illegal actions under the rug. 

In a righteous society the coverage should have been 90 percent favorable to Obama and 100 percent negative to trump. Those are polar opposite beginnings to administrations. 

The Community Reinvestment Act was the #1 cause of the housing crisis allowing Fanny & Freddie to take asinine mortgages from the banks that were now forced to make bad financial loans based on SJ not financials. 

Dems ran both Fanny & Freddie...and Dodd and other Democrats did everything in their power to stop oversight of them before the crisis.  

NOW...I'll agree the banks & insurance companies like AIG made a bigger mess out of things with the CBO's & they're just as much to blame.   But none of it's possible without Franny & Freddie there to take any shit paper they produce & slapping an implied US Government gurantee on them.  

The biggest mistake in the end was consolidating these already too large banks into bigger ones.  IF we were going to gift billions and trillions to the banking / insurance industry it should have been to finance new smaller banks and create more competition and reduce risk. 

But that was never the plan.  The plan is to consolidate as much power as they can in as few hands as possible...and I'd say that's both sides.  But make no mistake, Democrats are perfectly happy doing it as well.  Which is one of the major issues I have with the left...you're cutting your own throats with more Gov power.  There is no freedom with powerful Gov.  And the idea that powerful Gov holds large biz in check is also a misnomer as large biz loves regulations and a powerful Gov can eliminate competition through those regulations.   

Economic & personal freedoms are the answer.  

Financial decisions need to be made on financial calculations only.  Be it home mortgages, car loans, or educational lending...if the numbers don't work...don't do it.  When Gov gets involved all types of stupidity gets mixed into the equation.  And I understand your dream is to have a degree in Underwater Women's Studies or own a home...and I'm sure you're a neglected minority & victim of unlimited social justice atrocities.  But if the numbers don't add up for you to pay for that degree or house...why should we subsidize it as a Gov?  Knowing that Gov money will be irresponsibly spent with zero accountability...  

There are endless unprofitable, financially irresponsible, zero return projects I'd love to invest OPM into...because I'm not willing to spend my money on them due to ROI..should the Gov also help in those endeavors?    Why not?  Don't you think the world would be a better place if I had a race track or machine shop to tinker in?  Who knows what I might develop?  I might change the world for the better!   Let's gamble on old XR everyone!   It's only a few million dollars...a year...until an unknown future date...maybe a few hundred million...nothing compared to the US Fed budget.  In San Antonio...I've got minority status.  

• Like 2

The Community Reinvestment Act was the #1 cause of the housing crisis allowing Fanny & Freddie to take asinine mortgages from the banks that were now forced to make bad financial loans based on SJ not financials. 
Dems ran both Fanny & Freddie...and Dodd and other Democrats did everything in their power to stop oversight of them before the crisis.  

NOW...I'll agree the banks & insurance companies like AIG made a bigger mess out of things with the CBO's & they're just as much to blame.   But none of it's possible without Franny & Freddie there to take any shit paper they produce & slapping an implied US Government gurantee on them.  
The biggest mistake in the end was consolidating these already too large banks into bigger ones.  IF we were going to gift billions and trillions to the banking / insurance industry it should have been to finance new smaller banks and create more competition and reduce risk. 
But that was never the plan.  The plan is to consolidate as much power as they can in as few hands as possible...and I'd say that's both sides.  But make no mistake, Democrats are perfectly happy doing it as well.  Which is one of the major issues I have with the left...you're cutting your own throats with more Gov power.  There is no freedom with powerful Gov.  And the idea that powerful Gov holds large biz in check is also a misnomer as large biz loves regulations and a powerful Gov can eliminate competition through those regulations.   
Economic & personal freedoms are the answer.  
Financial decisions need to be made on financial calculations only.  Be it home mortgages, car loans, or educational lending...if the numbers don't work...don't do it.  When Gov gets involved all types of stupidity gets mixed into the equation.  And I understand your dream is to have a degree in Underwater Women's Studies or own a home...and I'm sure you're a neglected minority & victim of unlimited social justice atrocities.  But if the numbers don't add up for you to pay for that degree or house...why should we subsidize it as a Gov?  Knowing that Gov money will be irresponsibly spent with zero accountability...  
There are endless unprofitable, financially irresponsible, zero return projects I'd love to invest OPM into...because I'm not willing to spend my money on them due to ROI..should the Gov also help in those endeavors?    Why not?  Don't you think the world would be a better place if I had a race track or machine shop to tinker in?  Who knows what I might develop?  I might change the world for the better!   Let's gamble on old XR everyone!   It's only a few million dollars...a year...until an unknown future date...maybe a few hundred million...nothing compared to the US Fed budget.  In San Antonio...I've got minority status.  

So...we can eliminate ag subsidies? And tariffs? Because remember, economic freedom good, govt bad.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, I still care.  Trump wasn't my guy and I fought against him all the way to the end of the convention.  

There was no good choice in 2016.  I've lost my faith in the American people to a degree...that we're letting both parties do this to us.  But I honestly don't think we'd elect decent people to office anyway.  We wouldn't vote for someone that was honest with us about how our spending needed to change...or personal responsibility.  They wouldn't be attractive enough.  They might offend us with the truth.  And neither party leadership wants anything to do with giving up control or power.  

We want the Gov to fix all our problems...despite them not being able to fix any of them.  

We don't want to hear that we're financially irresponsible and headed towards bankruptcy.  We want free shit!  We want it YESTERDAY!  And we'd appreciate it if you kindly didn't bother us with facts or reality!  That might upset us...and we've got TV shows & games to watch...we don't want our vacations ruined with that...and next you'll tell us we have to manage our own finances better and save for our own retirement!  OH HELL NO!  

Worst of all...we might hear a lot of this is our own fault!  That we're not victims...that we're not owed anything...and that we need to fix our own problems.  tenor.gif?itemid=10265319

And honestly, given the other choice...yea...I appreciate Trump.  He's heavy handed, not overly smooth, but he's addressing a lot of the problems in DC on both sides.  

In all of this we've created a massive, all powerful, unaccountable bureaucracy that does pretty much whatever it wants.  There is nothing healthy about that.  Hopefully everyone can see that...if not we're doomed as a country.  

My dream would be a Gov that regardless of who runs congress or occupies the WH...America runs on pretty much unchanged.  The ONLY way for that to happen is for the power to leave DC and come back to the State and Local levels.  Better yet...I want power to the INDIVIDUAL.  That's where true freedom lies...and yea, it comes with a side of personal responsibility.  

4 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

Oh, I still care.  Trump wasn't my guy and I fought against him all the way to the end of the convention.  

There was no good choice in 2016.  I've lost my faith in the American people to a degree...that we're letting both parties do this to us.  But I honestly don't think we'd elect decent people to office anyway.  We wouldn't vote for someone that was honest with us about how our spending needed to change...or personal responsibility.  They wouldn't be attractive enough.  They might offend us with the truth.  And neither party leadership wants anything to do with giving up control or power.  

We want the Gov to fix all our problems...despite them not being able to fix any of them.  

We don't want to hear that we're financially irresponsible and headed towards bankruptcy.  We want free shit!  We want it YESTERDAY!  And we'd appreciate it if you kindly didn't bother us with facts or reality!  That might upset us...and we've got TV shows & games to watch...we don't want our vacations ruined with that...and next you'll tell us we have to manage our own finances better and save for our own retirement!  OH HELL NO!  

Worst of all...we might hear a lot of this is our own fault!  That we're not victims...that we're not owed anything...and that we need to fix our own problems.  tenor.gif?itemid=10265319

And honestly, given the other choice...yea...I appreciate Trump.  He's heavy handed, not overly smooth, but he's addressing a lot of the problems in DC on both sides.  

In all of this we've created a massive, all powerful, unaccountable bureaucracy that does pretty much whatever it wants.  There is nothing healthy about that.  Hopefully everyone can see that...if not we're doomed as a country.  

My dream would be a Gov that regardless of who runs congress or occupies the WH...America runs on pretty much unchanged.  The ONLY way for that to happen is for the power to leave DC and come back to the State and Local levels.  Better yet...I want power to the INDIVIDUAL.  That's where true freedom lies...and yea, it comes with a side of personal responsibility.  

You want anarchy. Which is fine, but just realize that's what you want.

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So...we can eliminate ag subsidies? And tariffs? Because remember, economic freedom good, govt bad.

I'd LOVE to end ag subsidies.  LOVE IT.   It's going to fuck a lot of your current farmers...but honestly it's enabling a lot of bad farmers to continue to farm.  

But if it happened I'd be farming again within 12 months & making good money doing it.  

I'm anti-tariff...BUT there needs to be a level playing field.  No tariffs for Chinese, EU, or Mexican goods...but it has to go both ways. 

Trump is right in that America has been making a lot of bad deals.  We've been the 90's Chicago Bulls playing some pretty average HS teams over the years and we've felt guilty about it...so we've negotiated some very poor trade deals and allowed some real horse shit to go down.  We're $20 Trillion in debt and we've bleed off a ton of jobs in the past 40 years.  We're not the 90's Bulls anymore...we can't spot other nations 50 points...nor should we have to anymore.  I understand how & why it happened...but we've got to change our mindset as we're no longer the only dominant team.

• Like 2

We're being afforded the rare opportunity to observe the applied personal principles of nearly everyone around us.  

Trumps lies are so frequent and so blatant that eventually each person is faced with the choice of whether to pretend that they aren't actually lies.  I'm not one for litmus tests, but in this most grave national moment if you choose "pretend" that's a stain that stays with you.  Neg reps and Ignore lists are trivial.  I mean the dissonance you'll have to carry between the obvious and purported truths, and deep down knowing that you failed so terribly as a citizen and human being.  

I guess that brings up another Trump upside: it creates so many opportunities for redemption for those who egos and faculties will allow it.

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You want anarchy. Which is fine, but just realize that's what you want.

Nothing of the sort.  There is a HUGE difference between anarchy & local & states having more of the day to day power.  

You either didn't read my post or you're being 100% disingenuous describing what I want. 

• Like 1

Just now, Degenerate Gardner said:

We're being afforded the rare opportunity to observe the applied personal principles of nearly everyone around us.  

Trumps lies are so frequent and so blatant that eventually each person is faced with the choice of whether to pretend that they aren't actually lies.  I'm not one for litmus tests, but in this most grave national moment if you choose "pretend" that's a stain that stays with you.  Neg reps and Ignore lists are trivial.  I mean the dissonance you'll have to carry between the obvious and purported truths, and deep down knowing that you failed so terribly as a citizen and human being.  

I guess that brings up another Trump upside: it creates so many opportunities for redemption for those who egos and faculties will allow it.

So are we pretending that Trump is the first and only national political figure or President to lie? 

I'd like a Yes or No answer on that one please.   Can we create a poll in this bitch anymore?  

2 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

So are we pretending that Trump is the first and only national political figure or President to lie? 

I'd like a Yes or No answer on that one please.   Can we create a poll in this bitch anymore?  

No one is pretending that. 

1 minute ago, XR4ticlone said:

No need for a poll with a rhetorical question.

Obviously Trump isn't the first to lie.  Obviously.

Setting apart your whataboutism and apparent indifference to lying - this isn't just about a lie.  Or lying.  If you need additional information, I suggest consulting the reality around you.

14 hours ago, In10se said:

I'd also not get too happy about the NK situation. It's funny how as soon as Kim noticed a crack in the formerly iron clad bond between the US and SK he all of a sudden became very willing to talk... To SK. He's seeing a US president who is crass and unlikable and will blow up at the drop of a hat. A very good opportunity to curry favor with the international community (and possibly reduce sanctions) without having to give up his nuclear ambitions. If he can manuever into that crack between the US and SK then it positions the US in a spot where anything they do to try to maintain influence in the region will look like they are the bad guys keeping Koreans from uniting. 

Kim's actions are simple political maneuvering. He's working the influence of the US out of his region and people like China are all too happy to let him do it. It also doesn't do anything to make the world or US safer as Kim will still be working towards a nuclear arsenal and still be as batshit crazy as ever. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/north-korea-says-us-ruining-mood-detente-ahead-041335858.html

Kim: why are you violent Americans continuing to try to butt in and take credit for our willingness to talk to our Korean brothers? See... all America wants is power and war. They can't even let us find peace without butting in. 

And so it begins. 

Edited by In10se

On 5/4/2018 at 12:11 PM, Buzzrock said:

For those keeping track, the unemployment rate has dropped all of 0.8% on his watch.  Yet there are millions of morons in this country that think he took over a 20% unemployment economy and single-handedly fixed it, so he'll probably get re-elected.

https://www.thebalance.com/unemployment-rate-by-year-3305506

2009 9.9% -2.8% 2.7% ARRA. Min wage $7.25. Jobless benefits extended
2010 9.3% 2.5% 1.5% Obama tax cuts. Iraq War ended
2011 8.5% 1.6% 3.0% 26 months of job losses by July. Debt ceiling crisis. 
2012 7.9% 2.2% 1.7% QE10-year rate at 200-year lowFiscal cliff.
2013 6.7% 1.7% 1.5% Stocks up 30%. Long term=50% of unemployed. 
2014 5.6% 2.6% 0.8% Unemployment at 2007 levels.
2015  5.0% 2.9% 0.7% Natural rate
2016 4.7% 1.5% 2.1% Presidential race
2017 4.1% 2.9% 2.1% Dollar weakened

Edited by Tom

Brooks on Tax Bill: Seems Like ‘What the Trump People Told Us Would Happen Is Happening’

On Friday’s “PBS NewsHour,” New York Times columnist David Brooks said that the GOP tax bill is working better than he thought it would and the evidence “seems to be that what the Trump people told us would happen is happening, that companies are reinvesting the money.”

Brooks stated, “I was against the Trump tax cuts. But the early evidence is that they’re working better than I thought. And so, in the first quarter, among S&P companies, capital expenditures are up 39 percent. That’s a seven-year high. That’s far higher than a lot of us thought. Stock buybacks, which is just giving people — to shareholders, that’s only 16 percent. So the evidence from just the first quarter seems to be that what the Trump people told us would happen is happening, that companies are reinvesting the money. … And so, it’s important to oppose what’s opposable and what’s reprehensible and offensive. And we’ve been doing that, as I say, for three years. But it’s also important to see reality. And the more serious opposition will, frankly, be on disastrous policies or not disastrous policies.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/05/05/brooks-on-tax-bill-seems-like-what-the-trump-people-told-us-would-happen-is-happening/

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Dammit. Just when I’m ready to write you off completely you go and make a sensible post

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

Brooks on Tax Bill: Seems Like ‘What the Trump People Told Us Would Happen Is Happening’

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/05/05/brooks-on-tax-bill-seems-like-what-the-trump-people-told-us-would-happen-is-happening/

Fiction is nice, it makes us feel all warm and fuzzy, but the truth unfortunately is what ends up kicking us in the face. 

Stock buy backs are at or nearing record levels. Companies are taking that saved tax money and... Using it to satisfy sharehold obligations and initiate massive buy backs. Taking care of the rich and screwing the middle class while racking up record deficits in the process. 

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/16/investing/stock-buybacks-tax-law-bonuses/index.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/471188002

Apple was nice enough to use $100 billion of what should have been tax money for us all to help themselves and their fat cat investors get richer. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2018/5/2/17310770/apple-stock-earnings-buyback-dividend-tax-tim-cook-iphone

Wage growth? Not so much. Here, we'll just throw a few peanuts to the peasants just so we can say we gave something. 1 for the middle class... 1 trillion for me. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/CAAFC6A3-A14E-4457-8A42-E5C5D294DC09

Can someone please ban this ticket or any of this propoganda spreading cunt friends when they lost patently false info from propoganda sites like brietbart? Is that IP ban too much to ask? 

• Like 1

We can argue tax cuts all we want...but nothing changes the fundamental reality that it's our fucking money.

The Gov didn't earn it.  They didn't produce anything for it...and if they had it they'd just fuck it away studying why ugly, fat women tend to be angry lesbians or trying to figure out how much seamen the average North American lawn gopher produces a year...and that's if we're lucky.   Most likely they'd do something even more foolish with that money. 

In the competitive free market, companies have to do whatever give them the best return on their investment.  If they fail to do that, shareholders will punish them...for many companies the best thing they can do is turn their company into a lean, profit returning machine.  Cisco is one of them.  They've tried endlessly to expand into other markets...none have given them great returns.  They'd be better throwing dividend checks at shareholders. 

4 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

We can argue tax cuts all we want...but nothing changes the fundamental reality that it's our fucking money.

The Gov didn't earn it.  They didn't produce anything for it...and if they had it they'd just fuck it away studying why ugly, fat women tend to be angry lesbians or trying to figure out how much seamen the average North American lawn gopher produces a year...and that's if we're lucky.   Most likely they'd do something even more foolish with that money. 

In the competitive free market, companies have to do whatever give them the best return on their investment.  If they fail to do that, shareholders will punish them...for many companies the best thing they can do is turn their company into a lean, profit returning machine.  Cisco is one of them.  They've tried endlessly to expand into other markets...none have given them great returns.  They'd be better throwing dividend checks at shareholders. 

Of course it's your money. And you get to vote. It's not like you don't have any say in the matter.

He hasn't managed to spook the stock market, but he hasn't set it on fire, either, even with the tax cuts. The market rose sharply right around the time the tax cut bill was passed, but has since returned to the trendline that started way back in March of 2009.

Thanks, Obama!

blog_sp_500_2018_05_041.gif

On 5/6/2018 at 12:20 PM, XR4ticlone said:

0ad.png

2 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Laughing at people who have lost their minds and care so much about politics has been good, I guess.

Yup.

This has been the best part. What drives most people into caring one way or another isn't logic or ethos, it's repulsion. Leftists acting like total fucking morons drives way more people to the right then the right ever could. All they have to do is keep triggering insane leftists and people will be flocking to the right in greater numbers. 

Basically, the leftists ruined it for the liberals. 

1522804533258_pol.gif

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, SmokeyBear1861 said:

Yup.

This has been the best part. What drives most people into caring one way or another isn't logic or ethos, it's repulsion. Leftists acting like total fucking morons drives way more people to the right then the right ever could. All they have to do is keep triggering insane leftists and people will be flocking to the right in greater numbers. 

1522804533258_pol.gif

I know you have no intention of having an actual, honest conversation about this, but every shred of analysis, both statistical and anecdotal, is saying that the migration to the left over the past year-plus dwarfs the opposite.

Your "repulsion" quote is spot-on, but it is not working in the way you think it is.

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

He hasn't managed to spook the stock market, but he hasn't set it on fire, either, even with the tax cuts. The market rose sharply right around the time the tax cut bill was passed, but has since returned to the trendline that started way back in March of 2009.

Thanks, Obama!

blog_sp_500_2018_05_041.gif

Truth or not, you probably should post a graph that represents the timeline you are making claims about.

30 minutes ago, SmokeyBear1861 said:

Yup.

1522804533258_pol.gif

I might have to start watching Fox News now........on mute. 

51 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Truth or not, you probably should post a graph that represents the timeline you are making claims about.

It was at 676 on March 9, 2009. It got to 1,300 on January 1, 2012. That's when the graph starts.

You can figure it out from there.

MOST GRAVE. Not any number of wars over the last 200 years. Not the Cuban Missile Crisis. Not the Great Depression.

No, the fact that we have a repugnant bozo as CIC is the MOST grave national moment.

You guys are funny.

On 4/26/2018 at 1:53 PM, seven said:

I am 100% onboard with massively funding nasa and trump at least seems interested in that

My only complaint is that we need space goals that are consistent through administrations and I'm not sure how you achieve that. We keep bouncing back and forth, moon/mars and cancelling/restarting programs which just leads to more waste.

No need for a poll with a rhetorical question.
Obviously Trump isn't the first to lie.  Obviously.
Setting apart your whataboutism and apparent indifference to lying - this isn't just about a lie.  Or lying.  If you need additional information, I suggest consulting the reality around you.

If you are an adult and aren’t indifferent to lying politicians at this point then you’re gonna have a bad time.

Can we get back on track? Srs thread and all.

Instead of policing the thread why not offer answers to the OP?  Since you're concerned about staying serious and all.

You’re doing it wrong. And I did offer one or two. I think. I dunno I drink a lot.

I think it’s funny that Trump haters cannot help themselves. Any number of threads here where they can go vent on Trump. But they can’t bear to leave a thread like this alone. It’s a huge part of their identity.

On 5/6/2018 at 12:02 PM, David Dennison said:

Best president in my lifetime.

Miss ya, buddy.

Wait, you're 10 years old?  Does your mother know you post on message boards?  

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

MOST GRAVE. Not any number of wars over the last 200 years. Not the Cuban Missile Crisis. Not the Great Depression.

No, the fact that we have a repugnant bozo as CIC is the MOST grave national moment.

You guys are funny.

What do you think led to those moments? A combination of greed, incompetence, and complete disregard for public good. 

Those things are present in spades in this admin and it's only a matter of time until more grave or catastrophic moments hit if things aren't changed. 

On 5/7/2018 at 2:44 PM, Incredulity said:

Or learn how to read a chart.  When Trump took office, the SP500 was flattening.  It is even dipping below the seemingly arbitrary trendline in the graph posted, but the same was true for most common economic trendlines.  Economists were warning us about potential recession. 

I also wouldn't credit this president with the economy, same for past presidents as well.

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

(Reminder: right wing morons actually killed a woman in Charlottesville)

Wrong thread to do this but, since you bring it up.

The police fucked that one up, not that I'm defending neo nazi larpers led by a gaslighting government agent. 

The police didnt contain the rioting blood thirsty leftists. There was like 1000 larpers nazi wannabes against 10000 leftists. His lawyer can show video of them attacking his car with bats with his break lights on. Don't think it will help any.

Wonder when the full details will come out, its been 4 months since the court hearing. I saw somewhere she had a heart attack from panic and wasnt hit by the car. 

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, SmokeyBear1861 said:

The police fucked that one up, not that I'm defending neo nazi larpers led by a gaslighting government agent. 

The police didnt contain the rioting blood thirsty leftists. There was like 1000 larpers nazi wannabes against 10000 leftists. His lawyer can show video of them attacking his car with bats with his break lights on. Don't think it will help any.

Wonder when the full details will come out, its been 4 months since the court hearing. I saw somewhere she had a heart attack from panic and wasnt hit by the car. 

Well, as long as you saw somewhere . . . 

5 minutes ago, SmokeyBear1861 said:

What was your Shaggy handle.  Would love to know which one of the Cloak Room idiots you were over there.