Say something good about the Trump presidency. I’m serious.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Regarding North Korea, they got what they wanted. From their standpoint, negotiations are over.

Here’s a tip for you too, David.  Sometimes people think the deal is dead because they don’t like it, but they don’t realize it’s headed that way no matter what they do and they come back wishing they could get what you were offering the first time. 

Just now, GRHorn said:

Here’s a tip for you too, David.  Sometimes people think the deal is dead because they don’t like it, but they don’t realize it’s headed that way no matter what they do and they come back wishing they could get what you were offering the first time. 

Neat. But the summit was all Kim wanted. He's done.

36 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Because things were so bad during the Obama years.

Meh.  Who wants to be a respected world leader?

32 minutes ago, Hate said:

Your hyperbole is overwhelming and I couldn’t possibly care less if you think I am stupid. I’ll specifically think of your head exploding when I vote straight R this November.

Edit: this was in response to Jimmyjazz hands.

You're  not alone.  A lot of morons will vote straight R

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

It’s funny you think that a photo op legitimizes a country more than having nuclear weapons.

It’s also almost like you’ve never negotiated anything more complex than getting your WiFi bill reduced by a phone bank lady in the Philippines.  In most bigger negotiations there’s starts and stops, points when you think you’re not getting further, then circumstances or offers change and stuff happens.  Or not.  But to think it’s dead now given everything that’s happened shows your naïveté.  I guess the screen name Chad Fuck should’ve been a good hint. 

As far as Syria goes, we are not on the ground involved in attempted regime change vs both Assad and Putin. 

I see you've gone directly to personal insults.  You've shown yourself to be the fool, not I.  

I'd be happy to negotiate with you anytime, if you think the ball was advanced one step in the U.S.'s favor by the display put on in Singapore.  I never said anything about "dead,"  that's you.  I said we lost ground, because we so clearly have.  Our allies in Asia have said as much and it's now affecting our relations with China.  

Nice job trying to move the goal posts on Syria as well.  It is readily apparent from your own words that you didn't know we were there.  Let me remind you:

Like I’m 90% sure we’d be on the ground in Syria and potentially directly engaged with Russia that Hillary had been elected.  We’re not, and that’s a great thing. 

Funny that you now try to qualify what was a definite statement of our absence.

Wait, it isn't funny.  It's buffoonery. 

18 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I see you've gone directly to personal insults.  You've shown yourself to be the fool, not I.  

I'd be happy to negotiate with you anytime, if you think the ball was advanced one step in the U.S.'s favor by the display put on in Singapore.  I never said anything about "dead,"  that's you.  I said we lost ground, because we so clearly have.  Our allies in Asia have said as much and it's now affecting our relations with China.  

Nice job trying to move the goal posts on Syria as well.  It is readily apparent from your own words that you didn't know we were there.  Let me remind you:

Funny that you now try to qualify what was a definite statement of our absence.

Wait, it isn't funny.  It's buffoonery. 

We don’t know the intriacacies of what was discussed or how far they got before the latest setback.  I think any further dialogue after the summit and the summit itself serve as stepping stones as we go along.  That’s how it works. When everyone circles back around, topics have already been broached, progress already made.  In the interim, screws will be tightened.  

As far as Syria goes, you’ve got me.  I should’ve been more clear.  I meant boots on the ground in colloquial sense such as attempted occupation or regime change a la Iraq or Afghanistan.  That is definitely not happening currently.

Sorry about the insult.  I try not to do that. This forum could be rubbing off on me.  Might be time for a break.  Cheers.  

Edited by GRHorn

I do absolutely miss the way Obama carried himself. Reading his tweets since the election is a breath of fresh air even if I disagree with some of his politics. Since Trump 1st gathered momentum, I feared his longest lasting impact would be democrats getting another super majority. He's utterly embarrassing. I voted against him when Cruz still had a chance to lose to Hillary, and ultimately flushed a texas vote on the GJ believing they could crack 5% and get FEC funding. Of course they didn't.

I'm moderately pleased with the SC justices. Recognizing Jerusalem seems good.

The repubs managing to pass one substantial piece of legislation (tax "reform") while controlling congress is inexcusable. Their unwillingness to address the deficit after 8 years of screaming about it is outrageous. It lookd like the differences between DJT's 4 years and HRC's theoretical lame duck 4 years will be relatively superficial (despite folks like jimmy claiming it's the end of the republic, lulz), and then the pendulum is swinging back with authority. 

• Like 3

We don’t know the intriacacies of what was discussed or how far they got before the latest setback.  I think any further dialogue after the summit and the summit itself serve as stepping stones as we go along.  That’s how it works. When everyone circles back around, topics have already been broached, progress already made.  In the interim, screws will be tightened.

"I have no idea what happened but it was definitely good! And now more good things are bound to happen! You guys don't understand how things work."
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

"I have no idea what happened but it was definitely good! And now more good things are bound to happen! You guys don't understand how things work."

Seriously, of all people (or whatever) on this planet to bestow the benefit of the doubt...fucking Trump? Really?!

21 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I'll take a conservative bench over a progressive bench all day.  Sucks to be you for the next 30-40 years.

In 30 years you won't recognize this country because of the progressive gains. History has always been that way. Your side always loses in the long run. Always.

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Trump needs to go, but I’m afraid the left wing backlash replacement is going to be horrible.

I hope that our next choices are super-boring just as a corrective alternative. But that likely won't be the case.

• 4 weeks later...

For the better (and worse), things will never be same again. 

If America lost its innocence after Vietnam and Nixon, I literally can't imagine what the cultural response will be post-Trump.  There could be some eventual positives as yet unknown and unforeseeable.

I just hope that when it's all said and done, we remember this whole sordid mess with a national holiday or observance.  Not in a self-flagellation 'we're so terrible!' browbeating preachy way - people come to resent that even if it's valid - but more as an honest annual reassessment of events and recognition that it's in us and up to us to create the nation and society we want to inhabit.  The worst thing that could happen would be to deny reality, forget the lessons learned, and remember Trump's version of truth which is not bound to our shared physical world.

On 7/11/2018 at 4:51 PM, GRHorn said:

It’s funny you think that a photo op legitimizes a country more than having nuclear weapons.

It’s also almost like you’ve never negotiated anything more complex than getting your WiFi bill reduced by a phone bank lady in the Philippines.  In most bigger negotiations there’s starts and stops, points when you think you’re not getting further, then circumstances or offers change and stuff happens.  Or not.  But to think it’s dead now given everything that’s happened shows your naïveté.  I guess the screen name Chad Fuck should’ve been a good hint. 

As far as Syria goes, we are not on the ground involved in attempted regime change vs both Assad and Putin. 

Do you know how insecure you sound? Because you sound really insecure.

On 7/12/2018 at 2:28 PM, longhornmatt said:

Yep.  Trump is a godsend for the left in America.  He’s guaranteed that the right will get nothing of consequence done while it’s in charge (even if they somehow stay in charge after he leaves because they’re all now serving an incoherent electorate only after lib tears with no actual policy goals).  

Meanwhile, the Dems are feeling out universal basic income and a number of other things further left economically than anything we’ve seriously debated in America since the early 20th century.  And unlike the GOP, the Democrats actually do things on their platform when they get power.

Trump needs to go, but I’m afraid the left wing backlash replacement is going to be horrible.

Republicans have good ideas but are terrible at marketing them and making legislature out of them.  Democrats have terrible ideas and are scary good at marketing them and making legislature out of them.

29 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Republicans have good ideas but are terrible at marketing them and making legislature out of them.  Democrats have terrible ideas and are scary good at marketing them and making legislature out of them.

You have horrible posts but are terrible at marketing them so it's like a vortex of suck. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

President Bone Spurs shadowboxing at his rally isn't the most embarrassing thing he's done. 

No, that would be the time he pretended to shovel coal...no no, it’s the time he pretended to drive a fire truck...shit no, it might be the time he stared right at the damn eclipse.  Fuck it.  He’s a walking talking fat assed embarrassment.  It would be easier to list the things he did that weren’t embarrassing.  Gorsuch?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

You know it’s a damn shame you weren’t wearing that fucking helmet before the brain injury.  

If the Democrat ideas are so wonderful then why is it all Trump had to do to turn around the economy was repeal as many regulations put forth on business by the Obama administration as possible and get the Republicans to pass one bill cutting taxes?  He didn't have to do anything.  All he had to do was undo everything Obama did.

24 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

If the Democrat ideas are so wonderful then why is it all Trump had to do to turn around the economy was repeal as many regulations put forth on business by the Obama administration as possible and get the Republicans to pass one bill cutting taxes?  He didn't have to do anything.  All he had to do was undo everything Obama did.

I don't dislike people with different political positions from me.  I dislike those that have different political positions from me because they simply have no idea about the world they live in.

Lulz at "turned around the economy."  Read literally anything on the topic.

https://www.richmondfed.org/~/media/richmondfedorg/research/national_economy/national_economic_indicators/pdf/all_charts.pdf

This is the same economy we've had since 2015.  Sometimes a little better.  Sometimes a little worse.  Our economy is good!  Great!  It was before he was elected.  Where were you?  Even anecdotally, what was your life like at the end of the Obama presidency?  Was it bad?  Did you remember huge unemployment?  Do you remember rapid inflation?  Do you have to hypnotize yourself to think about 2016 in a way that makes 2018 look way better?  It is so odd.

Stay the fuck out of the way of the private sector for starters.

Lulz!

You realize Trump inserts himself into the private sector every other day or so by siding with one company or another, or more often, calling them out in some negative way. Hell it started with Carrier before he was even inaugurated. His tweets are actively interfering in the private sector constantly.