Say something good about the Trump presidency. I’m serious.

As much as I dislike him, if he can get a legitimate deal with North Korea done, he will deserve all the credit that will come his way. It could give him and the GOP enough momentum to keep the majority in November, which would make me sad. But if it is legit it will make the world a safer place. 

I would like to believe that, but when in the history of the world has someone who acts like him, has a history of being a scam artist ripping people off, and takes over a job with no experience whatsoever ever done anything to completely change the mind/attitude of an evil dictator who makes his own people suffer? 

Occam's razor. 

President Trump is doing a great job under the circumstances.  He inherited a complete mess from Obama.  Jobs are growing, unemployment is falling, taxes are less, federal revenue is up, we're  keeping illegal aliens from entering the country,  conservative judges are being nominated and approved at record speed, welfare rolls are dropping, our support of Israel is better and stronger, ISIS leaders are being hunted down and killed, drug dealers are being brought to justice,  respect for the military and police is better, the second amendment is being protected, Christians are not being attacked as much,  and the press hates him.  What's there not to like?

And, if he pulls off a deal with North Korea that lessens the risk of war, he'll get the Nobel Peace Prize.  Well deserved I might add.  If people like Joy Behar, Whoopi Goldberg, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and Maxine the idiot don't like him, that's a good thing.

Edited by George Morgan
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 7

1 minute ago, George Morgan said:

I'm confused.  You mean Treason as in Hillary, Bill, and Barack?

10 posts with a sweet return of -10.  Rep is bullshit but you might want to stay on this side of -100 if you wanna stick around, champ. 

I know its hard for you to accept the truth.  I guess dissenting opinions must be squelched because they don't align with your worldview.  I don't threaten others who express their opinions, but its ok to  malign people who see the world differently.  I don't agree with Liberals and "progressives" but I don't think they should be attacked for their opinion, regardless of how stupid they may be. 

56 minutes ago, George Morgan said:

President Trump is doing a great job under the circumstances.  He inherited a complete mess from Obama.  Jobs are growing, unemployment is falling, taxes are less, federal revenue is up, we're  keeping illegal aliens from entering the country,  conservative judges are being nominated and approved at record speed, welfare rolls are dropping, our support of Israel is better and stronger, ISIS leaders are being hunted down and killed, drug dealers are being brought to justice,  respect for the military and police is better, the second amendment is being protected, Christians are not being attacked as much,  and the press hates him.  What's there not to like?

And, if he pulls off a deal with North Korea that lessens the risk of war, he'll get the Nobel Peace Prize.  Well deserved I might add.  If people like Joy Behar, Whoopi Goldberg, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and Maxine the idiot don't like him, that's a good thing.

Welcome to Surly Hannity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Morgan said:

Out of curiosity, can you expand on the "mess" Trump inherited from Obama? What specifically was a mess?

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

10 posts with a sweet return of -10.  Rep is bullshit but you might want to stay on this side of -100 if you wanna stick around, champ. 

If posting the truth gets you negged to oblivion, so be it. If you want an echo chamber, you are succeeding.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, George Morgan said:

2 hours ago, George Morgan said:

I'm confused.  You mean Treason as in Hillary, Bill, and Barack?

33 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If posting the truth gets you negged to oblivion, so be it. If you want an echo chamber, you are succeeding.

Oh yes, so much truth.  What will we ever do without all of this truth?  GTFO

On 5/11/2018 at 3:58 PM, George Morgan said:

Trumps greatest strength is leveraging Twitter.  He reduces all analysis to 140 characters.  People are just trained to think this way.  No meaningful insight into anything. Just give them headlines, and move on. 

Out of curiosity, can you expand on the "mess" Trump inherited from Obama? What specifically was a mess?

Things like qualified cabinet members, ambassadors, and staff. It really gets in the way of running a wholly uniformed, unplanned, rudderless corrupt graft machine.

Facts don’t matter, just lob unsubstantiated generalities like “mess Obummer left”

On 5/12/2018 at 5:58 AM, George Morgan said:

I’m so tired of hearing that bullshit. First of all Trump did not inherit a mess from Obama. That’s just complete Trump lies talk that Fox News chooses to believe and got him elected. Trump would have been a disaster had he actually inherited what Obama did. Trump is reaping the benefits from that administration.

Edited by Brandywine
  • Like 2

On 5/12/2018 at 6:17 AM, George Morgan said:

I know its hard for you to accept the truth.  I guess dissenting opinions must be squelched because they don't align with your worldview.  I don't threaten others who express their opinions, but its ok to  malign people who see the world differently.  I don't agree with Liberals and "progressives" but I don't think they should be attacked for their opinion, regardless of how stupid they may be. 

Just look in the mirror man!

• 2 weeks later...

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Donald Trump on Thursday granted a rare posthumous pardon to boxing's first black heavyweight champion, clearing Jack Johnson's name more than 100 years after what many see as his racially-charged conviction.

''I am taking this very righteous step, I believe, to correct a wrong that occurred in our history and to honor a truly legendary boxing champion,'' Trump said during an Oval Office ceremony. He was joined by WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder, retired heavyweight titleholder Lennox Lewis and actor Sylvester Stallone, whom Trump credited with championing the pardon.

Trump said Johnson had served 10 months in prison ''for what many view as a racially-motivated injustice.''

''It's my honor to do it. It's about time,'' he said.

Johnson, a prominent athlete who crossed over into popular culture decades ago with biographies, dramas and documentaries, was convicted in 1913 by an all-white jury for violating the Mann Act for traveling with his white girlfriend. That law made it illegal to transport women across state lines for ''immoral'' purposes.''

Trump had tweeted in late April that Stallone, a longtime friend, had brought Johnson's story to his attention in a phone call.

''His trials and tribulations were great, his life complex and controversial. Others have looked at this over the years, most thought it would be done, but yes, I am considering a Full Pardon!'' Trump wrote then.

The Oval Office ceremony was a celebratory scene, bringing together boxing greats past, present and fictional. The guests brought with them a colorful boxing championship belt, which sat front and center on the president's Resolute Desk as he spoke. At one point, Trump jokingly asked Lewis whether he could ''take Deontay in a fight'' if he really started working out.

Lewis said Johnson had been an inspiration to him personally, while Stallone said Johnson had served as the basis of the character Apollo Creed in his ''Rocky'' films.

''This has been a long time coming,'' he said.

Trump has a personal history with the sport, and hosted matches in the 1990s at his hotels.

After Johnson's conviction, he spent seven years as a fugitive, but eventually returned to the U.S. and turned himself in. He served about a year in federal prison and was released in 1921. He died in 1946 in an auto crash.

His great-great niece, Linda E. Haywood, had pressed Trump for a posthumous pardon, and Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., had promoted Johnson's case for years.

Link

Edited by SDG

• 1 month later...

Kavanaugh and Gorsuch will probably be fine.  I think I prefer that court to if Hillary were president, having a court of RGB, Sotomayor, Kegan, Breyer, KeganII SotomayorII, Roberts, Thomas, and Alito.  I also bet that RGB would have called it a day if Hillary were in, which means RGB would be replaced by some 50 year old.  I hope there are not more retirements until Trump is gone though.  That would be too much of a rightward swing.

For those that said economy, that looks like it is running out.  DJIA has flat-lined YTD.  If it stays like this until November the blue wave will be overwhelming.

Him not being a warmonger now has to be balanced against his cozying up to objectively bad people and trying to break up our alliances.  Still, it would be easy for him to boost his approval numbers by inventing someone to attack and wrapping himself in the flag.  He still hasn't done that.

He’s appointed two qualified, appropriate Supreme Court justices.  

He has also appointed several other conservative justices throughout the system that have pleased conservatives that I follow, not just Trumpists.  

I believe his emphasis on deregulation has helped spur the economy on in the face of our first interest rate hiking cycle in over a decade.

For now talks look to have slowed with North Korea but with this administration anything can happen and anything fruitful that comes from this would not have come from Hillary.

And, looking into the future, I think his Justice Department will end up looking the other way on marijuana if not outright endorsing it, due to political reasons.  That’s in contrast to his natural inclination to lock up the dopers. 

7 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

He has also appointed several other conservative justices throughout the system that have pleased conservatives that I follow, not just Trumpists.  

I believe his emphasis on deregulation has helped spur the economy on in the face of our first interest rate hiking cycle in over a decade.

For now talks look to have slowed with North Korea but with this administration anything can happen and anything fruitful that comes from this would not have come from Hillary.

And, looking into the future, I think his Justice Department will end up looking the other way on marijuana if not outright endorsing it, due to political reasons.  That’s in contrast to his natural inclination to lock up the dopers. 

Lmao can't pass up the but Hillary.

8 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I like how half of your list is things that haven't happened but that you think might possibly happen you hope.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I like how half of your list is things that haven't happened but that you think might possibly happen you hope.

I count the North Korea as a positive since the ball is already advanced farther than I think it would’ve been. So that makes it four out of five.  80%. Cmon you’re the numbers guy.  And I’m sure there’s more, maybe I’ll come back later if I can. 

7 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Lmao can't pass up the but Hillary.

It’s a valid comparison, but more opinion based.  Like I’m 90% sure we’d be on the ground in Syria and potentially directly engaged with Russia that Hillary had been elected.  We’re not, and that’s a great thing. 

Oh yeah, we also fucked up ISIS.  Short term victory probably, but it put that on the backburner.  

On 4/26/2018 at 3:07 PM, Hate said:

I didn't want another 4-8 years of the Obama presidency and I didn't want Hilary to be president.  The fact that some of your heads might explode sometime in the next 2-6 years is icing on the cake.  I absolutely would rather have just about anyone other than Donald Trump in the White House, but I also would 100% would rather have anyone other than Hilary.  

And that is why I think you're stupid.

I mean, if we're calling a spade a spade.

You literally chose "destroy the Republic" over "status quo".  That is so mind-blowingly moronic I cannot imagine making such a decision.  But hey, you own it.  Good for you.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

And that is why I think you're stupid.

I mean, if we're calling a spade a spade.

You literally chose "destroy the Republic" over "status quo".  That is so mind-blowingly moronic I cannot imagine making such a decision.  But hey, you own it.  Good for you.

It's literally not even that.

They took what would basically be Congressional control neutering Hillary for 2 years + a supermajority in the Senate for 2 more years after 2018 completely neutralizing Hillary + YUGE favorites in 2020 with a normal Republican for...

YUGE odds of losing the House

Possibly picking up 0 or only 1 Senate seat

Having Trump dragging you down in 2020

All for lib tears. First off, Sessions would still be in the Senate (52 seats) + picking off every incumbent D in a Trump state +  Flake and Corker running for re-election = 61 seats potentially.

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I count the North Korea as a positive since the ball is already advanced farther than I think it would’ve been. So that makes it four out of five.  80%. Cmon you’re the numbers guy.  And I’m sure there’s more, maybe I’ll come back later if I can. 

Your first two are both one thing (judicial appointments).

And North Korea mocked the United States regarding disarmament in the last 24 hours. That ball hasn't moved an inch, you're just hoping again.

Your hyperbole is overwhelming and I couldn’t possibly care less if you think I am stupid. I’ll specifically think of your head exploding when I vote straight R this November.

Edit: this was in response to Jimmyjazz hands.

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

The Trump Presidency is really good at bringing the racist shitheads out in the open so I know who to ignore/avoid/mock.

That really has been the best part. They are no longer afraid to hide who they really are. Love the trucks around here (first it was jacking up your truck and putting really wide wheels and tires on it that stuck out about a foot past your fender, now its sticking flags on the bed) that fly a US flag and a confederate flag. To the man they have a Trump sticker. Doesn't make sense to me, but at least they are letting us know how they really feel so we can remember it in the future.

9 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

It was a complete and utter failure.  We gave up the only leverage we had and legitimized him.  He was there for the photo op, he got it.  We were there for the bombs, we didn't get them.  

7 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

It’s a valid comparison, but more opinion based.  Like I’m 90% sure we’d be on the ground in Syria and potentially directly engaged with Russia that Hillary had been elected.  We’re not, and that’s a great thing. 

Oh yeah, we also fucked up ISIS.  Short term victory probably, but it put that on the backburner.  

We ARE on the ground in Syria and have been for months.  We have engaged with Russians there.  We actually killed a bunch of Russians.  

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It's literally not even that.

They took what would basically be Congressional control neutering Hillary for 2 years + a supermajority in the Senate for 2 more years after 2018 completely neutralizing Hillary + YUGE favorites in 2020 with a normal Republican for...

YUGE odds of losing the House

Possibly picking up 0 or only 1 Senate seat

Having Trump dragging you down in 2020

All for lib tears. First off, Sessions would still be in the Senate (52 seats) + picking off every incumbent D in a Trump state +  Flake and Corker running for re-election = 61 seats potentially.

In the long term, Trump will be the best thing that ever happened to the Democrats. If Hillary wins, the GOP solidifies the House and Senate, and if they could manage a presidential primary and nominate a reasonably sane person, take the WH in 2020 with total dominance of Congress.  Nothing of substance gets accomplished during an HRC presidency. They give up 1 SCOTUS seat, Kennedy holds it together for a couple more years, maybe it is Ginsburg who retires, which doesn't really move the needle. As it stands now, GOP couldn't legislate their way out of a wet paper bag, Democrats take over House, are gonna give the Senate a run for its money, and are virtually assured of a 2020 win with any donkey heading up the ticket. And they will not  shit the bed like the GOP when they get their chance to legislate.  Trump is the best thing that has every happened to the modern Democrat party. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

In the long term, Trump will be the best thing that ever happened to the Democrats. If Hillary wins, the GOP solidifies the House and Senate, and if they could manage a presidential primary and nominate a reasonably sane person, take the WH in 2020 with total dominance of Congress.  Nothing of substance gets accomplished during an HRC presidency. They give up 1 SCOTUS seat, Kennedy holds it together for a couple more years, maybe it is Ginsburg who retires, which doesn't really move the needle. As it stands now, GOP couldn't legislate their way out of a wet paper bag, Democrats take over House, are gonna give the Senate a run for its money, and are virtually assured of a 2020 win with any donkey heading up the ticket. And they will not  shit the bed like the GOP when they get their chance to legislate.  Trump is the best thing that has every happened to the modern Democrat party. 

Yup.

So it is HILARIOUS the Trumplickers are still thumping their chests when they're going to hand total control over to the Dems by 2020.

If the Dems keep the Senate at 51-52 GOP, heading into 2020:  20 GOP incumbents, 11 Dem incumbents and only 1 is in danger (Jones). GOP will have to defend in North Carolina, Maine, Iowa, Colorado and Alaska, Texas again and new emerging swingy Georgia.

16 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

It was a complete and utter failure.  We gave up the only leverage we had and legitimized him.  He was there for the photo op, he got it.  We were there for the bombs, we didn't get them.  

We ARE on the ground in Syria and have been for months.  We have engaged with Russians there.  We actually killed a bunch of Russians.  

It’s funny you think that a photo op legitimizes a country more than having nuclear weapons.

It’s also almost like you’ve never negotiated anything more complex than getting your WiFi bill reduced by a phone bank lady in the Philippines.  In most bigger negotiations there’s starts and stops, points when you think you’re not getting further, then circumstances or offers change and stuff happens.  Or not.  But to think it’s dead now given everything that’s happened shows your naïveté.  I guess the screen name Chad Fuck should’ve been a good hint. 

As far as Syria goes, we are not on the ground involved in attempted regime change vs both Assad and Putin. 

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

It’s funny you think that a photo op legitimizes a country more than having nuclear weapons.

It’s also almost like you’ve never negotiated anything more complex than getting your WiFi bill reduced by a phone bank lady in the Philippines.  In most bigger negotiations there’s starts and stops, points when you think you’re not getting further, then circumstances or offers change and stuff happens.  Or not.  But to think it’s dead now given everything that’s happened shows your naïveté.  I guess the screen name Chad Fuck should’ve been a good hint. 

As far as Syria goes, we are not on the ground involved in attempted regime change vs both Assad and Putin. 

Regarding North Korea, they got what they wanted. From their standpoint, negotiations are over.