The US and Korea

RomaVicta

13 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

Yes, three prisoners that wiped the slate clean after their murder of Otto Warmbier.  There were 11 prisoners released under Obama.   Dennis Rodman got prisoners released.   It's always nice to get Americans back, but it wasn't some unprecedented coup.   The unprecedented coup was for Kim in getting the president of the United States to call him honorable and to praise how well he takes care of our prisoners, just months after he tortured one of our citizens to death.

How about international embarrassment?  Did Charlie Brown give up any of his pride every time he ran for Lucy's football?    We could have cautiously moved towards talks.   Instead Trump has been celebrating the deal and how he deserves the Nobel prize for it, before there was even a sit down.   There's a cost to the world knowing that our president is a fool. 

And that's just if the talks are off.  If Trump actually modifies or cancels our military plans to save his pride, Kim's going to get a whole lot more. 

Hopefully this is just a hiccup and Kim blinks and Trump shows us what an amazing negotiator he actually is.   But this is playing out in a predictable way so far. 

A lot to respond to here so apologies if I don’t hit everything.  

I don’t think getting 3 prisoners is some huge win, just was asking what we gave up to get them. It sounds like the extent of it was some nice words, which mean nothing in the scheme of things.

International Embarrassment - can it really get any worse? Who gives a shit? Personally I don’t think talks ending prematurely with North Korea is all that embarrassing. Everyone knows that lil Kim is batshit. 

I just don’t get all the handwringing on this, we weren’t in a good place with North Korea before this, and we aren’t any worse off now.

I don’t think getting 3 prisoners is some huge win, just was asking what we gave up to get them. It sounds like the extent of it was some nice words, which mean nothing in the scheme of things.
International Embarrassment - can it really get any worse? Who gives a shit? Personally I don’t think talks ending prematurely with North Korea is all that embarrassing. Everyone knows that lil Kim is batshit. 
I just don’t get all the handwringing on this, we weren’t in a good place with North Korea before this, and we aren’t any worse off now.

I don’t think it’s disastrous...yet.

But “not disastrous” is pretty far from the “give him the Nobel Prize!” talk a week ago. That’s our point.

13 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Of course it's predictable that Trump would get fooled again.  He doesn't bother to read about Clinton's or Bush's experience.  And even if he did, he wouldn't understand it.  And even if he did understand it, it would only be evidence that they were idiots, and not the greatest negotiators ever.  So Trump stumble-fucks his way into yet another repetition of the same-old North Korea scenario.

Trump is a walking, breathing Dunning-Kruger effect.

On 5/16/2018 at 10:28 PM, Enchubben said:

I agree with most of this, but youre wrong about Kim. He isn't batshit. He is rational and calculating and feigns batshit when he needs to. He is a piece of crap, but he actually plays his hand pretty wisely.  Trump, on the other hand, is actually batshit, which is why Kim is able to roll and troll him. 

Getting played like a fiddle by a tinpot dictator.

Nick Allen  Rozina Sabur 
22 MAY 2018 • 5:42PM
Donald Trump has cast doubt over whether his highly-anticipated meeting with Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader, will go ahead next month.

"It may not work out for June 12," Mr Trump said. "If it does not happen, maybe it will happen later."

Mr Trump was holding talks with South Korean President Moon Jae-in at the White House.

The US president added that he does believe the North Korean leader is willing to give up nucler weapons, amid fears about apparent North Korean backpedaling.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/22/donald-trump-says-north-korea-summit-may-not-happen-next-month/

Edited by retread

31 minutes ago, retread said:

What about the commemorative coin? Does this mean Ann-Margret will not be coming to Singapore?

Edit: Too slow. Is that a N. Korean plane dropping Kim's dingleberries on the White House? 

Edited by RomaVicta

Getting played like a fiddle by a tinpot dictator.
 Nick Allen  Rozina Sabur 
22 MAY 2018 • 5:42PM
Donald Trump has cast doubt over whether his highly-anticipated meeting with Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader, will go ahead next month.
"It may not work out for June 12," Mr Trump said. "If it does not happen, maybe it will happen later."
Mr Trump was holding talks with South Korean President Moon Jae-in at the White House.
The US president added that he does believe the North Korean leader is willing to give up nucler weapons, amid fears about apparent North Korean backpedaling.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/22/donald-trump-says-north-korea-summit-may-not-happen-next-month/

Again, I want to laugh. I really do. But, you know, the “our entire country is getting skullfucked while dictators laugh at us” thing bothers me.

pompeo just said in his remarks "we are still working toward june 12." when asked to clarify about what trump said earlier, he merely repeated himself "we are still working toward june 12."

further, when asked about trump's remarks about china's influence possibly undoing the summit with kim, pompeo just smiled tightly and outlined how important china's role has been and how important their "historic assistance" has been. very different tone from trump this morning calling xi a world class poker player, and insinuating that the chinese influenced kim negatively. it must be hard coming behind trump and picking up the pieces of shit he unintentionally breaks when he opens his mouth.

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

I'm not sure if "do it or we'll kill you" is a good strategy here.  In that case, he might as well keep what he has and develop better ones.

It's times like this that all the work that Trump has put into establishing his trustworthiness and credibility really pays off. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

And Trump has canceled the summit.  With this absurd letter that I'm not 100% convinced is real even though I got it off CNN

2da0c022-1764-48f0-ac2c-268cac449443.jpg

Sadly I believe that's probably the real letter because of how absurd it is.

On 4/28/2018 at 12:15 AM, Caracara said:

sure thing.   This isn't a case of a new-style president from outside the political strata, ensconced and backed by the military and military intel, using American muscle to destroy worn out constructs that only served the worst kind of global parasites.  

On the bright side, you can now pass off your sarcastic posts as sincere and accurate. 

On 5/9/2018 at 10:29 AM, Caracara said:

North Korea denuked seems like a done deal. All that's left is the pomp, optics and the peace process and our military presence details.  Iran's gonna be a lot more difficult with the slimy logan-act defying american establishment and euro-trash on the creep, and barrels of cash and uranium unaccounted-for, israel syria and russia...

This was a great call.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

My kids wrote more coherent and eloquent letters to Santa when they were 6.

Meh, they're dealing with a country whose official statements including calling the U.S.A. a "boiled pumpkin" and threatens us with a "super mighty preemptive strike".

Just now, Newdoc said:

Meh, they're dealing with a country whose official statements including calling the U.S.A. a "boiled pumpkin" and threatens us with a "super mighty preemptive strike".

Yes, but they used the word "dotard," and used it correctly.  And, you know, English isn't their first language.

When our president writes in English about on par with the NORKS....well.....

Duh-Winning-55132393261.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Well then by all means, we should go roll around in the mud with them. 

Just now, Chrispy said:

Rocket man blew up the tunnels to the Punggye-ri nuclear test site to ease tension and then promptly received Trump’s letter. I hope to God they filmed his reaction. 

He didn't blow them up to ease tension.  He blew them up because they were at risk of a huge radiation leak.  But he put on a show, and the gullible lap it up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chrispy said:

Rocket man blew up the tunnels to the Punggye-ri nuclear test site to ease tension and then promptly received Trump’s letter. I hope to God they filmed his reaction. 

As if that's the only tunnel into the site. One born every minute. 

3 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

You're in luck, one of our spies was able to snap a picture. 

223azg.jpg

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He didn't blow them up to ease tension.  He blew them up because they were at risk of a huge radiation leak.  But he put on a show, and the gullible lap it up.

The point is he was putting on this elaborate stunt and shortly after that he received the cancellation notice, it had to be comedy gold. 

5 minutes ago, retread said:

4 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Aren't we all

Perfect sequence, and beat me to the punch.

I feel like I'm standing on the other side of the room, with all the Koreans, Germans, Brits, etc., all of us shaking our heads together and saying in multiple languages "this fucking guy...."

• Like 1