The US and Korea

RomaVicta

10 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

It’s ok to be wrong. 

I pray to every God in all pantheons that you do not have a job that involves placing other people's lives in your hands.  Because "I thought the light was green, not red -- it's okay to be wrong," and "the plane was losing altitude, I thought that pulling BACK on the stick when you're in a stall was the right move -- it's okay to be wrong," and "I didn't think this would provoke a regional war -- it's okay to be wrong" are never, ever, ever things I want to hear.

Sometimes, the consequences of being wrong mean that it's fucking NOT okay to be wrong.

This is the presidency of "NOT OK,."

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I pray to every God in all pantheons that you do not have a job that involves placing other people's lives in your hands.  Because "I thought the light was green, not red -- it's okay to be wrong," and "the plane was losing altitude, I thought that pulling BACK on the stick when you're in a stall was the right move -- it's okay to be wrong," and "I didn't think this would provoke a regional war -- it's okay to be wrong" are never, ever, ever things I want to hear.

Sometimes, the consequences of being wrong mean that it's fucking NOT okay to be wrong.

This is the presidency of "NOT OK,."

Huh? I was merely consoling the poster as he seemed to believe it was one tunnel, as opposed to three. My correction seemed to perturb him for some reason. 

Extrapolating that into some diatribe about the importance of presidential decisions and my occupation is awfully peculiar. 

1 minute ago, Chrispy said:

Huh? I was merely consoling the poster as he seemed to believe it was one tunnel, as opposed to three. My correction seemed to perturb him for some reason. 

Extrapolating that into some diatribe about the importance of presidential decisions and my occupation is awfully peculiar. 

Well, I aim for peculiar.  I figure it's a waypoint on the road to "eccentric."

2 minutes ago, TheRealRonWeaver? said:

The White House Gift Shop website is running really slow, and the 800-number goes straight to voice mail, but I did manage to order 2 of the commemorative coins.  I figure in a couple months, after Dotard wins the Nobel, I can sell one on eBay and retire early. 

Mr. Weaver's previous retirement plan:

432628528_a02737c5af_b-589118783df78caeb

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Dotard didn’t even give South Korea a heads up. 

1 -- It is a cardinal rule of diplomacy that you confer and notify your allies with respect to such matters.

2 -- if it was not already apparent to the rest of y'all, WE HAVE NO ALLIES ANYMORE.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

1 -- It is a cardinal rule of diplomacy that you confer and notify your allies with respect to such matters.

2 -- if it was not already apparent to the rest of y'all, WE HAVE NO ALLIES ANYMORE.

We got norway.

Probably the swiss 

Israel 

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

We got norway.

Probably the swiss 

Israel 

"Countries that remain willing to manipulate the shit out of us by suckering our leader into thinking they're doing him a favor" aren't exactly "allies."  By that measure, we have a CRAPLOAD of allies -- shit, the line of countries eager to play us for suckers goes around the block.  I heard that Poland has been camped out for weeks hoping to score a chance to sucker Dotard into something.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Dotard didn’t even give South Korea a heads up. 

Where in this tweet does it say he didn't notify SK?

Many here bashed him for giving in the NK and some for even attempting to have a meeting (after fawning over obama "talking to our enemies").  Now he pulls out because NK isn't acting how they want and you blast him for that.

Why don't those who are playing both sides of the coin here just tell us what we should do with north korea?  I've yet to hear a logical comment on what a good policy should be. 

Edited by Jhawk

11 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Many here bashed him for giving in the NK and some for even attempting to have a meeting (after fawning over obama "talking to our enemies").  Now he pulls out because NK isn't acting how they want and you blast him for that.

Why don't those who are playing both sides of the coin here just tell us what we should do with north korea?  I've yet to hear a logical comment on what a good policy should be. 

Your middle paragraph is a complete lie.

Just now, Jhawk said:

iswydt

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

My kids wrote more coherent and eloquent letters to Santa when they were 6.

Dear St. Santa Claus,

I felt a wonderful dialogue was building up between you and me, and ultimately, it is only that dialogue that matters. Some day, I look very much forward to meeting you. In the meantime, I want to thank you for our nuclear capabilities, so massive and powerful that I pray to God they will never have to be used. That was a beautiful gesture and was very much appreciated.

I greatly appreciate your time, patience, and effort with respect to our recent negotiations and discussions relative to a tricycle long sought by both parties, which was scheduled to be delivered on December 24. I'm only 6 and am unsure of the distinction between negotiations and discussions, but I am sure that there is one.

I was very much looking forward to being there with you. Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement about naughtiness and lumps of coal being something bad, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting.

If you change your mind having to do with this most important tricycle, please do not hesitate to call me or write. The world, and North Pole in particular, has lost a great opportunity for lasting peace and great prosperity and wealth and a tricycle. This missed opportunity is a truly sad moment in history.

Sincerely yours,

Donald J. Trump
President of the United States of America and Good Boy Who Doesn't Have to Hire Women for Sexing

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Why don't those who are playing both sides of the coin here just tell us what we should do with north korea? 

I believe the expression is speaking out of both sides of your coin.

I'm not sure what we should do with North Korea, but I am getting excellent lessons on what we shouldn't do. We shouldn't raise them to the status of fellow super power. We shouldn't engage them with less hostility than Germany and France. We shouldn't blather about "deals" when we (specifically our elected president) have no clue about the history of a negotiation or what was/is possible.

Maybe by the process of elimination we will stumble upon a good policy if there actually is one. There always exists the possibility that there are no good options for the US regarding Korea. Think back to Viet Nam. Maybe we shouldn't have picked up that tar baby.

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I believe the expression is speaking out of both sides of your coin.

I'm not sure what we should do with North Korea, but I am getting excellent lessons on what we shouldn't do. We shouldn't raise them to the status of fellow super power. We shouldn't engage them with less hostility than Germany and France. We shouldn't blather about "deals" when we (specifically our elected president) have no clue about the history of a negotiation or what was/is possible.

Maybe by the process of elimination we will stumble upon a good policy if there actually is one. There always exists the possibility that there are no good options for the US regarding Korea. Think back to Viet Nam. Maybe we shouldn't have picked up that tar baby.

Were you complaining about obama's comments about getting together with our enemies and his lack of knowledge on the history of negotiations there or is that complaint specific to trump?  Also, do you recognize them as a world power? I don't and i don't know anyone else that does.  We could have had a deal, it could have happened.  Now it appears we don't or won't get one.  Things fall apart all the time.  We did get 3 americans back and they allegedly demolished a nuke site (though it was already in bad shape).  Nothing ventured nothing gained.  I don't think they got much out of this that can't be taken from them (I'm not sure if we temporarily lifted sanctions or not).

That's life.  No peace prize for trump.  No deal with NK.  No harm done as we haven't moved from the region, we haven't made SK less safe than what it was 9 months ago.  Talks just broke down.  What can you say about that?  Maybe in 20 years they'll want to talk again.  Maybe in 20 minutes they will.  Who knows.  Its just funny to see trump get flamed for being played by even engaging NK at all and now he is getting flamed for not meeting with them by the exact same people.  Literally nothing happened except prisoner transfer and a photo op with SK at the border.  Other than that, everyone is still in the same spot they were months/years ago.

You're dumping me!??!

Well then I'm dumping YOU FIRST!

What a fucking pussy ass bitch.  Trump is a dope and needs to gtfo of here. What a joke.  

also - lol at those fucking coins now.

Edited by DiceHands

4 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Were you complaining about obama's comments about getting together with our enemies and his lack of knowledge on the history of negotiations there or is that complaint specific to trump?  Also, do you recognize them as a world power? I don't and i don't know anyone else that does.  We could have had a deal, it could have happened.  Now it appears we don't or won't get one.  Things fall apart all the time.  We did get 3 americans back and they allegedly demolished a nuke site (though it was already in bad shape).  Nothing ventured nothing gained.  I don't think they got much out of this that can't be taken from them (I'm not sure if we temporarily lifted sanctions or not).

That's life.  No peace prize for trump.  No deal with NK.  No harm done as we haven't moved from the region, we haven't made SK less safe than what it was 9 months ago.  Talks just broke down.  What can you say about that?  Maybe in 20 years they'll want to talk again.  Maybe in 20 minutes they will.  Who knows.  Its just funny to see trump get flamed for being played by even engaging NK at all and now he is getting flamed for not meeting with them by the exact same people.  Literally nothing happened except prisoner transfer and a photo op with SK at the border.  Other than that, everyone is still in the same spot they were months/years ago.

You drastically underestimate the value of nuance in the world of international negotiations.

45 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Your middle paragraph is a complete lie.

If I remember correctly, most were saying that if Obama were to have met with NK that Fox and Conservatives would have been livid. I cannot even imagine what they would say if Obama put Kim on a fucking coin.

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

Oh awesome, the BUT OBAMA excuse. 

Fuck off dude, take your bullshit lies elsewhere.  

15 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

If I remember correctly, most were saying that if Obama were to have met with NK that Fox and Conservatives would have been livid. I cannot even imagine what they would say if Obama put Kim on a fucking coin.

Never hurts to have a refresher. 

• Like 3

So, are people really surprised by this?  This guy bases his whole philosophy on bring a "dealmaker".  Seems like he's using basic negotiation tactics.  He doesn't like the way it's going, so walk away and apply further pressure.  What am I missing?

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

So, are people really surprised by this?  This guy bases his whole philosophy on bring a "dealmaker".  Seems like he's using basic negotiation tactics.  He doesn't like the way it's going, so walk away and apply further pressure.  What am I missing?

because this administration cannot negotiate their way out of a wet paper bag.

he got pissed, because north korea called the VP a dumdum, because pence went on tv and said what happened in libya could happen in korea. what a devastatingly stupid thing to say if peace is your goal

Edited by hayden_horn

9 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

You're missing the fact that Donald Trump is one of the worst deal makers on earth.

11 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Fucking Trumpkins. Lulz. Dealmaker extraordinaire.