2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

They’re the most sensitive and easily offended group of humans I’ve ever come across, next to ex-cons. Bauer is a breath of fresh air. He always tells it like it is, has spoken out about how dumb many unwritten rules are, and doesn’t get his feelings hurt when guys pimp homers or play to win (he supported Tatis Jr when he hit that “controversial” grand slam last year). Game needs more players like him. Mention Bauer, Jomboy, Cole, or cheating and Astros fans will get red in the face and start crying. It’s sad.

reported for trolling...

well, not really, but it's a prime fucking candidate.

Oh, and Cole ain't really on our shit list.  He hasn't pulled any punches or started any shit towards H-town.

Edited by slorch

*forgot to add mentioning the facts that I’m a born & bred Texan that roots for the Yankees & that many of them have only been baseball fans for 5-6 years to their triggering list. It’s so weird how much those things upset them. 

I’ve said my piece in this & the cheating thread, I’ve made my point. I won’t waste any more time talking about them on this board for a while. 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

*forgot to add mentioning the facts that I’m a born & bred Texan that roots for the Yankees & that many of them have only been baseball fans for 5-6 years to their triggering list. It’s so weird how much those things upset them. 

I’ve said my piece in this & the cheating thread, I’ve made my point. I won’t waste any more time talking about them on this board for a while. 

Willy Wonka Stop GIF

22 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

The DBacks have lost 21 consecutive road games.  The all time record is 22, set last by the '63 Mets.  

Their last road win was that Bumgarner 7-inning no-hitter.

The had a 7 run lead against the Giants last night, Giants cut it to a 3 run lead, then bottom of the 8th, bases loaded, and yep, Grand Salami from Mike Yastremski.   Fucking snakes.

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Why are our Astros diehards are so completely triggered by Bauer?

I think it has a lot to do with his hypocrisy about "cheating" and his fake "steward-of-the-game" schtick. This is the same guy calling out other players by name and bragging that his morals prevented him from cheating, only for him to cheat and defend his cheating by saying he only cheated to stop cheating.

This asshole is a massive fraud who parlayed his use of spider tack into a Cy Young award and a huge contract from the Dodgers. 

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Bauer is a breath of fresh air. He always tells it like it is,

Color me shocked that Helobious thinks this liar is a breath of fresh air. 

Bauer did an interview yesterday where he bloviated at length to make himself appear credible with gullible fans, all while falsely equating sweat/rosin with the use of the super sticky grip enhancers that the league is obviously targeting as an illegal foreign substance. He is obviously using Spider Tack and has been caught on video applying a very sticky substance to his glove and then he tells a huge fucking lie smack dab in the middle of that interview that went unchallenged and is disproven by the league memos. He claimed MLB told players and teams to do what they were doing and change nothing etc. That is the furthest thing from true. Fucking liar. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

Between all the triple plays and fucked up rundowns, it’s hard to convince me that the quality of all baseball not related to pitching and home run hitting is deteriorating. So many simple fundamental screwups nowadays it seems.

12 hours ago, Helobious said:

The Angels should be banned from having great players. Trout has never won and might never win even 1 playoff game in his career, Ohtani will likely suffer the same. There’s no GOATs in any other sports that can say that. 

What? They aren't even 20 years removed from a WS title.

41 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What? They aren't even 20 years removed from a WS title.

That was a lifetime ago. They have no hope of going back anytime soon. Trout has been in the league 10 years and never won a playoff game (not series… game). That’s just sad for one of the game’s best ever that plays in the 2nd largest media market. Most casual sports fans have probably never heard of trout and definitely wouldn’t recognize him on the street, and his jersey is barely in the top 10 of best sellers this year.

• Like 1

That was a lifetime ago. They have no hope of going back anytime soon. Trout has been in the league 10 years and never won a playoff game (not series… game). That’s just sad for one of the game’s best ever that plays in the 2nd largest media market. Most casual sports fans have probably never heard of trout and definitely wouldn’t recognize him on the street, and his jersey is barely in the top 10 of best sellers this year.
And the one playoff series he did play in, he was terrible.

Trout has it made in LA. Makes a shit ton of money and there's zero pressure for him to do anything. When his teams suck year after year, no one even mentions him. Can't beat that.