Bourbon

Jimbaround

21 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Was this store in Austin? I would like to pick one up

no not in austin

6 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

That price on the ECBP is double retail. Yikes.

The RHF is double too

I guess I can understand retail guys wanting to make a little more of rarer bottles, but double, no way.

8 hours ago, Whiskyteer said:

Yeah...an 80 proofer mixed with port wine? No thanks, I’ll stick to Booker’s.  Neat.

I don't drink a lot of bourbon/whiskey.  I drank what was in front of me and wasn't keen on what i was having.  Had no idea they mix with port. And it was a 15 dollar drink at Morton's? Bastards.

Also I have a Specs store pic Eagle Rare I would be happy to trade to anyone that values this thing more than $30.

Purchased yesterday.

PM me I guess so the thread police don't taze me bro

Edited by huge
tasers

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I would pivot to the Four Roses Small Batch Limited Edition 

$400, no thanks, wanted 150 for RHF and 350 for birthday

someone was discussing 4R's mash bills some pages back, I came across these 2 today any thoughts?

20180624_152745.jpg
20180626_145011.jpg

I know taste is subjective but for some reason I cant explain I've never really delved into 4R's

$36.99 for ETL, $109.99 for GTS and the SFTB came in from my overseas order a couple weeks ago. Went to the post office to pick up the SFTB and as I'm walking out my go-to guy calls and says he's only supposed to sell one per customer, but if I can make it before his boss gets back from lunch he'll sell me two. I said well what the hell do you have? He says get over here and I'll show you. By the time I got there the boss man was back and said limit one, so I took the GTS. Almost back home and another store calls and says he has an ETL for me. Good fucking day, first BTAC ever for me.

Fuckin A man

8 hours ago, Horn21 said:

If anyone in Austin gets a lead on a RHF, I would be indebted. I had an easier time getting my hands on a THH than this.

Yeah what he said

Apparently RHF is making the rounds in Austin. Total Wine released some yesterday. Assholes 

Edited by Neonmoon

37 minutes ago, thestud said:

I’ve been on a Blanton’s hot streak, and you also did me a solid when I was town last summer by directing me to the place that shall remain nameless. I can do an RY10 for Blanton’s if you still need it.

Nah, I appreciate it but you wound up with plenty of RY10 and I'm sure I can either drink it or find a good home for it. BTW - that place continues to be a very solid choice. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

6 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

OF1920

Best bourbon release of 2017 imho.  They just released a one time single barrel bottling for a charity event in Ky.  I’m hoping that since the label has been approved, that there will be barrel picks for retail accounts in the near future.

• Like 1

One glass of Johnny Drum went down like your sister on prom night. So I went back for seconds and thirds

i’m likely in the minority but johnny drum doesn’t do it for me. i heard some buzz, bought a bottle, hated the sweet after taste, and used the rest as a cocktail mixer

Went back and forth on pours between a couple bottles purchased today.

Knob Creek SiB store pick bourbon as well as separate store pick for KC SiB Rye.

I’ve stayed away from KC for a few years now because it just didn’t do it for me, but I picked up these bottles based on a few recs.

I gotta say, I am really pleased with both.

Which OFBB year are you referring?  Personally, the 2002 bottle has been my favorite so far.6ielvb.jpg

Unfortunately, I do not have any personal experience in the matter, but I have been told that this year’s BB is a big step back from previous years. I’ve also heard that the 1920 outdoes the BB on the latest release.

16 hours ago, Whiskyteer said:

Best bourbon release of 2017 imho.  They just released a one time single barrel bottling for a charity event in Ky.  I’m hoping that since the label has been approved, that there will be barrel picks for retail accounts in the near future.

It's fantastic, as is the Jefferson's Ocean Voyage 15.  Unreal. 

• Like 1

Can i ask a Scotch question (yes? OK)

My old man drinks HIghland Mist (I know) He is in his mid 70s and doesn't give a crap. I have tried to buy him nice random bottles of Scotch before

However, he is retiring tomorrow and I want to buy him a bottle of Scotch but want it to be like a better version of Highland Mist.

So, any recommendations for a nice bottle of blended scotch whiskey?

23 minutes ago, Bobby Light said:

Can i ask a Scotch question (yes? OK)

My old man drinks HIghland Mist (I know) He is in his mid 70s and doesn't give a crap. I have tried to buy him nice random bottles of Scotch before

However, he is retiring tomorrow and I want to buy him a bottle of Scotch but want it to be like a better version of Highland Mist.

So, any recommendations for a nice bottle of blended scotch whiskey?

Any number of Johnnie Walker offerings.   Blue Label for the celebrity of graduating work.